Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Coruscant Isolation

Sorry for the delay... I have had a rough days at work, but I am catching up with posts today.

Auraya Irath-Ur

Vexander noticed that she didn't break concentration throughout the exercise, nevertheless; she did receive a few hits with the training saber when he unleashed his attack at her.

For a moment, Vex thought that he was actually too rough on her for just proceeding to this level all of a sudden... but then he remember that it was only natural to fail when training... the most important thing is to learn from those failures and not to make them in the middle of an actual battle.

The man lowered his lightsaber a bit as Raya stepped back to recover herself... and as she did, Vex just smiled and try to use a few words to comfort her on her great attempt.

"Do not worry Raya, take all the time you need" Vexander kept his lightsaber on mostly because it was built to remain ignated as long as it was in his hand "You did quite well, you kept concentration and did your best to take on the blows and continue" The bearded man didn't move at all, he just looked at her and with the same cheerful demeanor he continued "This is the closest you'll get from a battle against a darksider, or during a firefight where blaster come raining down on all sides. I am quite confident this won't happen when that time comes... afterall; when that happens... your connection to the Force tights up and you'll perceive it's assistance tenfold" What the same said was true... he knew for a fact that when things seemed worst, the Force would flow in great lenghts aiding the Jedi... perhaps it was the fact that she was in no real danger or something, but either way; this would prepare her mind and body for that influx in the Force.

The man took a deep breath through the nose, recovering himself as well after the flurry of attacks "Take your time Raya. Let your muscles regain their strenght but, in the meantime... tell me, how did you feel during the first attack and in the second? What was so different from one another?

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
[No worries at all, man!]
She knew that such was not a viable option in the heat of true battle.
That taking a step back and giving herself a second to breathe would only end in her being mowed down by the enemy.
But for a moment, just a moment, she really needed that second. With it she took the time to once again clear her mind, push away the incessant thoughts which often came to the forefront as of late, and listened only to what Vex had to say. The rest had become mere background noise.
"I'm sorry," she said, once she'd caught her breath and the ache had subsided some, "I'm ready to go again, Master Vex."
And she was, she realized. Though she had allowed herself to be mentally and physically sidetracked for a moment, she was eager to give it another shot. Though not before answering his question, of course.
"I don't think I felt differently," she said, with a ponderous expression, head tilting ever so slightly to the left as she regarded it, "It just didn't come quite as naturally to me... But that makes sense, I'm used to the traditional zones and countering them. Not so much random assaults."
A very subtle sense of dread washed over her as she made that final statement, memories of that sandy excursion coming to the forefront of her mind before she closed her eyes tight and banished them away. Her face softened soon after, a slow inhale of air helping her to regain a more meditative state of mind.
Should he will it, she'd be ready to continue.

Auraya Irath-Ur

The man understood just what she meant, he was really unpredictable, especially since they were told to use the strike zones from Form I... but Vexander knew that doing just that wouldn't allow her to make any progress in this exercise and in the end, it would hinder her chance to use it effectively in battle.

"Understandable Raya... and I do hope that you do not hold it against me" the man released a smile to ease her about the whole situation "I am just trying to simulate what would happen in a battle. Remember... expect the unexpected"

During his time in combat, he knew quite well that it was true... awful things could happen and, eventhough they would never be prepared; a Jedi could teach himself, his body and mind to react and adapt to situations with clever ways, always relying on the Force.

"Ok, let's try once again. I'll be as random as I was before" He thought to take it to level 3, and change to Ataru after the first strike, but she would struggle with it and that was not the idea. Instead, he just tried to strike once again the Form I strike zones in different order than before but still making her feel somewhat familiar while keeping the element of surprise.

With that being said, Vex jumped once again releasing a flurry of attacks in different directions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom