Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Coruscant Charity Ball

GA-Main.png

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble

geshb.png

"I understand," Valery said with a slight dip of her head, when Thania exposed something about herself. "I'm sure the specifics of our sittuations are very different, but about a decade ago, I woke up from thousands of years of being stuck in stasis. To me, it didn't feel like that at all, though, so from one moment to another, I lost everybody I knew." She paused for a moment, as the faces of those who she left behind briefly flashed through her mind.

"It must've been rough. When I was forced to move back, the hardest part was not knowing how the people I left were doing. With time, I was able to reconnect to some, yet it seems that the closest ones need even more time."

I took another drag off my cigarette, looking at the other guests of the party. The outdoor portion of an event like this is always reserved for people who want to talk, who want to pour their feelings out after a couple of champagne glasses. Compared to inside, the balcony is sparsely occupied. There are some young couples, either they are in an established relationship or just trying to score you can never guess. Others seem to be business partners, bureaucrats, and politicians, discussing slightly-shady dealings.
"The past has a way to sneak up on us, even if we've left it far behind." She paused once more

"Yet, it's also the past that shaped us to be the person we are today."

One that I will never regret. No matter how painful it can be at times. If I ever believe in something, it's that we are placed in this galaxy to feel. You can't love if you are afraid to be burnt, so I flew as close as I could to the stars and hopefully lived a fulfilled life. All the beauty in this universe is just too much to miss by hiding in the cave.
"It's alright. Not the first time something like it happened, but I could tell you weren't being malicious with it. So... I'm glad you had fun despite it too." Her smile brightened up a little, as a hand came up through her long hair to fix it up a little bit.

I nodded, trying to hide the smile that's forming on my face. There is something about Val, just her warmth in general, that makes me feel calm and serene.

"After tonight, though, where are you heading next? Back to work or is this a longer vacation?"

"Starting work in two weeks, I'll be flying across the galaxy. Ukatis and Serenno, for now, who knows what the future entails."

First official mission is always something. I remembered my first as a Pearce agent. Infiltrating Darkstar through Luxor's children. The first time I met Romulus and the others. Romulus and Thorgan made it easy for me to get in, it's always the men that make a complicated mission easy. It feels like a lifetime ago, tattooed in the back of my mind like a childhood memory. I hope this one is as easy, and as eventful.
"What about you? Staying in Coruscant?"

I asked her back. As the Sword of the Jedi, I'm sure she travels often. I wonder how difficult it is for her and her family. The idea of building my own family is very appealing, but it's not going to be in the near future. I'd rather not have a job that constantly risks the life of people around me when the time comes.​

GADividerWhite.png

geshb.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress
Tag: Trug Zigash Trug Zigash

"I understand,"
Valery said with a soft smile when Thania talked about reconnecting with people. It would never be an easy thing, and it was one of those challenges she'd have to face almost entirely alone. But with the right kind of support in the background from friends, or simply a strong willpower, she knew Thania would manage. Because even though she opened up quite a bit about a more vulnerable side of her life, Valery could still tell that she had a strong mind.

"Yet, it's also the past that shaped us to be the person we are today."

"I couldn't agree more," Valery said, only now taking a moment to look at the others on the balcony around them. Mostly younger couples who wanted an escape from the loud gala as well. She then turned back to the woman when the conversation shifted a little, and their upcoming plans came up.

"Sounds like you've got a great job if it lets you fly across the Galaxy," Valery said, both as a genuine comment, and to see if she was willing to talk more about what she did. It was a topic a lot of people wanted to avoid in a place like this, so she wasn't going to pressure Thania about it. "As for myself, I'll be heading back to the Temple tomorrow, but it's possible that I'm called away at any moment, really." She chuckled.

"It can be difficult sometimes, but there's some excitement in the unexpected too."

GA-Main.png

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble

geshb.png

"Sounds like you've got a great job if it lets you fly across the Galaxy," Valery said, both as a genuine comment, and to see if she was willing to talk more about what she did.

"It's a dream job, to be honest, but not a safe one. Let's just say, I am a check and balances attaché, a diplomat of some sort."

I tried to toe between the lines. There are many powerful, important people inside, possible assignments in the future. A Diplomatic Services agent work rely on building trust, so I don't want anyone to hear anything suspicious. As for Val, I don't mind her knowing what my occupation is. Diplomatic Services don't really concern ourselves over the Jedi, they are others' responsibility.
"As for myself, I'll be heading back to the Temple tomorrow, but it's possible that I'm called away at any moment, really." She chuckled.

I hummed at Val's answer. I have never really explored the Temple before. I walked the main hall, and I know people who have been in, but I never visited the library or especially anything near the council room. Perhaps I will get the chance one day.
"It can be difficult sometimes, but there's some excitement in the unexpected too."

"Indeed, there's an excitement in that. Especially when your job is the only thing you have in your life."

I added the last sentence, somber but not shameful. Prideful, even. It is, after all, an important job which keeps the powerful people in the GA accountable. There will be a time when I find something else, or someone, to be my rock, my life outside of the job. But now, a young and vigorous woman like me? I can manage fully devoting my life to the GA for now.​

GADividerWhite.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom