Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corellian Jedi Enclave (Interest Check)

Corellian Jedi Enclave
JediCreditSide1-TJP.jpg
LLnNojj.png
\
So, this is an interest check thread to see who would be interested in joining a very informal Enclave within the New Jedi Order. This Enclave would be based off the canonical Corellian Jedi, which are described and history included in the article/wiki HERE. Pending interest, i'd like to evolve them to fit the Chaos universe wherein Corellia has been all but destroyed.

The Corellian Jedi would obey the Council of and still be a part of the New Jedi Order. However, in particular, this sect would be a little more known (in my mid) for bearing strong ties to a homeland lost beyond recall. What this would mean is, anything that is Corellian, they would see a special need to protect. To guard the last seeds of their people in the hope that one day the culture can bloom again.

The off-shoot of that would be a habit of, in particular, 'rooting for the little guy'... But doing so by being in the front lines. While the Alliance might be off recapturing Fondor o strenghten its' own navy, or making deals with the Jensaarai to expand its allies list, you might find a Corellian Jedi protecting a world under siege directly. This is not to say they are bleeding hearts, and where their intuition guides them, they go. Qui-Gon Jinn would fit in here much better than say, a Yoda type.

Ultimately, the Corellian Jedi take it to see the culture of Corellia passed down and preserved, and to preserve the relics and legends of it as their particular 'special' duties. Ever in their mind is the displacement of their peoples, and their will be strong ties to the Ruined Home (what is left of Corellia).

I only have a vague idea of what this Enclave would be like when adapted to SWRP, but I am interested in hearing your ideas, and working on it together to get a little flavor added for FU here in the GA that don't want to join an active Military Defense Force and perhaps feel a little adrift in the NJO directly.

Just as an idea, some suggestions put forth have been:
  • Creation of Jedi Credits (again) but minted of Corellian Bloodsteel, to honor ascension in the ranks of the NJO/CJE.
  • A pilgrimage to what is left of Corellia to obtain a crystal for their lightsaber (they have native orange ones, I believe, possibly other colors)
  • A special sub-sect dedicated to training Force Users as pilots and naval commanders (While Julius is no pilot, it would make sense)

So yes, not a lot has been planned yet, but I want to keep this largely informal and more of a 'growing seed' and as the GA expands and grows, this Enclave too could expand, grow, and change. Start out small and go where the wind takes us.

Kiyron

K
It's a really good idea, especially when it comes to integrating the Corellian culture and preserving what's left of Corellia. Reminds me of the Elrond and the Elves of Rivendell almost, secluded and isolated from the rest of the people of Middle-Earth by the passing of their age and the knowledge of being exiles, for the time being. Definitely a lot that could be played with for good story there.

[member="Kiyron"] - You're sort of getting the vibe I pictured when I decided to ping for interest, so that is great!

Please guys, seriously don't feel too shy to suggest things! Even if you don't intend to join, i'm good for ideas.

Nubica Felidae

We are well and truly forked...
[member="Julius Sedaire"]

I know of a certain Jedi that was first taught at the Corellian Academy before leaving for Ossus - and I know for a fact that she would see this as a wonderful idea.

There are a lot of Jedi of Corellian birth around. You would get a lot of support (IMHO) from other Orders for support on threads, even if they didn't specifically become part of this Order.

You could have honorary members? Not part of the main Order, but given their heritage would be considered staunch allies in times of need.

One silly but practical question. Were you thinking green robes?

#nobodylooksgoodingreen

[member="Nubica Felidae"]: On the green robes - Not as a requirement...There was thought of having some alchemical/jal shey imbued robes as formal attire or such. While I didn't intend to have them wholly green, the idea was to possibly have the obi or tabard(s) to be green to signify a tie in to the older Corellian Jedi. 'Twas only a vague idea.

As for other order members being 'honorary' members of this Enclave? I hadn't thought of it before, but it has a certain charm and ring to it, so I think that would be a perfect idea. You are right in that there are a plethora of us Corellians swinging glowsticks or throwing space-magic about, and we really should be as supportive of each other as we can in times like these!

This enclave wouldn't exactly be, in my mind, staunch traditionalists of the Jedi Order space-monk types, as I get that the CJ under Horn and earlier weren't that either. Heck, Julius' robes demonstrate his blood-stripe on his breeches/pants. There are tons of ideas that can be done for this really!

Also, I would love to meet your friend!

[member="Nubica Felidae"] - *cough blush clear throat, rumble on aimlessly then trundle off to post*

But yes... Several options for the Corellian Jedi exist so far as external shows of membership, the most obvious being a bloodsteel jedi credit, but further things could be made exclusive to the Enclave and it's chosen members/allies. The idea of a green cloak, like the AEI Warden Cloak, clasped with a Jedi Credit as a brooch, is an attractive one.

There is also the idea of having the Jedi Credit altered to function like a minor form of the Korriban Compass AEI produces, but as a sort of memento, instead of indicating in some way where Force objects were, when holding it, one could always turn and face directly to Corellia, no matter where you are.

Further things exist like a custom blasters and/or other gear or minor Force artifacts only for the Enclave. Maybe even seduce [member="Coren Starchaser"] into making some fancy fighters and such for the Enclave.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] - Keep dreaming flyboy...

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] - But of course! Especially those were are allied closely with. The key here is to keep our traditions and culture alive!

[member="Rhen Qel-Droma"] - You gonna need a rescue mission, I hear?!

[member="Aston Jacobs"] - You're most welcome. You've helped us before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom