Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private [Contract] The Family - Coruscant Bounty 'Synic Pasa'

I L I A N A⠀R Ö H R

'City Ambience'

Rain tapped loudly upon the windows of Iliana's Coruscant office within The Sanctum, below the illustrious Star Lounge where many of Kosa Nostra's members resided and worked from. The Directorate Supervisor had been preparing for a new case for some time, a particularly challenging one too that would require a great deal of guise and tact, it required the special touch of an individual who could make the death of someone so well-respected look like an accident, as to not allow his death to be pinned upon the secretive criminal syndicate.
BwJXCOt.png

They needed his investigation to dissipate into the void, to be forgotten about until the next unfortunate soul decides to pick it up again and digs too deep.

For this, one of The Family's finest associates rose to the challenge, a street gangster with a particular set of skills, Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek . Hopefully, Mr. Terrek will grace Iliana with his presence within the suggested time frame, for the operation was time-sensitive. Upon his arrival, Ms. Röhr would call out from her office, "Mr. Terrek! Care to join me?"

Offering a seat, she'd slide a glass of cool water over to the gangster before they began, "I hope your trip wasn't too eventful~ I'll be your Directorate Supervisor throughout this operation, I'll guide and assist you where I can." She took a sip from her own glass before continuing, "I'm afraid we must skip the pleasantries as we're on a precarious time frame; your target is one Synic Pasa, a Cathar Coruscant Security Force detective, and one that has gotten far too close to.. detecting our identity.."

She flicked on a holoprojector, displaying Mr. Pasa's face, "Within.. 38 minutes, Mr. Pasa will be departing from his precinct to head home, his trip takes 14 minutes in which your job is to make his death look like an accident, otherwise a full-scale investigation will take place which will put us in the spotlight of the Galactic Alliance~ which is bad for business, as you can imagine."

"Provided his death is reported as an accident, you have full control over how you go about it, though I've been informed that failure to see the contract through properly will significantly reduce your reward and prompt a meeting with the bosses, but I'm sure you're up to the task, yes?" she smirked, feeling confident in the abilities of the gangster, "One of our goons will act as your driver and will take you wherever you feel best, you'll then be brought back here once the job is complete. You'll have full access to The Sanctum armoury, everything you need will be found in there.."

"Any questions?" she concluded; Ragos' driver sat outside of the lounge in a speeder, ready to take him wherever he needed to be. Synic's unfortunate death began to loom ever closer.

Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek

Ragos fidgeted in his seat while the details were explained to him. He didn't mean to and it's not like he wasn't paying attention because he was. He was just wet. He got caught in the rain underdressed for the weather. He visited the surface so rarely he could almost be forgiven for forgetting that rain was a thing that happened in Coruscant. Ragos took a healthy drink from his glass of water, reached in his pocket and thanked The Force that he had invested in a metal cigarra case. He pulled one out and lit it. He offered the case to the girl behind the desk who was explaining the job he was being asked to do.

The young woman behind the desk. She looked like she was around Ragos' age. She was pretty cute too. Chit, half the reason Ragos had showed up to take this job was hoping Marcella would be here. Partly to see her but mostly to show her that he was for real. That he was an asset. He was worth something. There had been noticeable disappointment and relief when he'd walked in to the office and seen someone else behind the desk.

"Any questions?" she concluded.

He took a deep pull from his cigarra.

Synic Pasa

Cop.

Cathar.

38 minutes till he leaves

14 after that until he's home

Make him dead.

Make it look like an accident.

"Yeah, I didn't catch your name."
He said.

"What's dude's address? Does he live alone? When I leave I need two bottles of liquor, something brown and cheap, oh and a funnel."

Ragos squelched just slightly as he stood from his seat, his shoes squishing while he walked toward the door.

"Oh one more thing," he said half way out the door.

"Iliana," Ragos said unconsciously biting down on his lower lip.

"Could I call you sometime? Take you out maybe, to a holo or summin? Do you like to dance?"

Iliana Röhr Iliana Röhr

I L I A N A⠀R Ö H R

'City Ambience'
BwJXCOt.png

"Ah, I'm Iliana. I suspect we'll be working together quite a bit," grinned Iliana, implying that if he took any more contracts, she'd most likely be his handler. "He'll be en-route to his apartment in.." she tapped a few buttons on her holocomputer, "Flat 95, Ikman's Quarter, Level 1472, overlooking the Zapata Promenade."

"As I said our information is.. tedious at best thanks to our small timeframe, but there's a good chance his mistress will be there, Ms. Valelea.." she paused for a moment, "and of course he could have other plans this evening, we simply don't know.."

Once again tapping onto her holocomputer to have his requests of cheap alcohol and a funnel sent to his speeder, she began tidying her desk in preparation of the next stage of the contract, "It'll be waiting for you in the speeder."

Iliana's gaze was averted by Ragos as he moved to leave her office, "Yes, Mr. Terrek?" she smiled politely, only for a face of shock & surprise to wash over, "Oh.. I-uh," she panicked, "Sure?" Now scrambled, she felt the need to make a final point before he left, "Just.. see the contract through first, then we'll talk.."

Once Ragos reached outside, a speeder would be waiting for him with a suited Trandoshan sat in the drivers seat and a briefcase with the requested items propped up within the footwell of the passenger seat. He wouldn't speak unless spoken to until they reached their destination, though would drive him to nearby the CSF precinct; "We're here, where to?"

Eventually, Iliana would chime in through his earpiece, "Mr. Terrek?" she checked the connection, "Roughly ten minutes until Mr. Pasa leaves his office."

(Preparation time, feel free to let me know your plan as he'll be leaving next post and I can work around whatever you come up with! ^-^)

Iliana sounded a bit flustered after he’d asked if he could see her outside of work hours but her composure returned pretty quickly.

"Just.. see the contract through first, then we'll talk.."

“Say less.” He told her, a winning smile plastered on his dumb face. Besides the fething rain, this wasn’t a bad night up on the surface. That was until Ragos got in the speeder and noticed his driver. A force damned Trandoshan. Ragos hated the Dosh, ever since he lived on Haruun Kal. Toward the end when the war on Haruun Kal had turned to nothing more than each side seeing who could commit the most karked up chit to the other, the balawai had brought in a militant group of trandos or maybe those sick scaly karkers had just showed up to take advantage. Chit didn’t really matter, all he knew was that when he saw one of those lizard schuttas he couldn’t help but be thrown back in time to running through the jungle with his pregnant mother as the village they had been living in burned in the background and the people living their were rounded up and killed or worse.

"We're here, where to?" The driver asked after their silent drive brought them to near the precinct.

Ragos lit another smoke.

“If you can tail him once he leaves, do that.” Ragos said to the trando through clenched teeth.

It wasn’t much later that Ilian’s voice came in through his earpiece giving him warning how much longer it was till the cop left.

“Say less.” was his response, a bit more serious than before.

Ragos made a call.

“My dude. We got work. Flat 95, Ikman's Quarter, Level 1472. Go buzz the apartment, see if anyone is home. Nah, if someone answers act like you is delivering food or some chit and buzzed the wrong chit. If no one home just wait for me out of sight. Hit me back with what you find, no calls just text. Iight, bet.”

Ragos had called Yi’it. A member of his crew and someone Ragos had been relying on more and more as he had been growing his own reputation.

If everything went right, Ragos and Yi’it could take care of this chit, or hell Ragos might get a shot at this even sooner depending on where officer Pasa went after his nine to five.

Iliana Röhr Iliana Röhr

I L I A N A⠀R Ö H R

'City Ambience'

"Mmhm, you got it." The Trandoshan responded, sensing a modicum of hostility from the gangster~ brushing it off for the sake of disinterest.

Once the ten minutes was up, Mr. Pasa seemed in a rush to get home, as if frustrated or simply in a rush. The pair would tail the speeder from a safe distance, not losing sight of the officer even once; Iliana chimed once they had tailed the officer for several minutes, "Halfway there," she kept it short, trusting that Ragos knew what he was doing.

-KNOCK KNOCK-

Answering the door was a Nautolan, presumably Ms. Valelea- Synic's mistress. "
Yes, dear?" she spoke softly, addressing the rather dashing Yi'it who stood at her door. She was half dressed, as if getting ready for a special occasion, such as a party or an expensive evening out; Should he peer inside, he'd see that the apartment was ready for guests, food & drink laid out on all tables as if she was expecting more than Synic..

Finally, Mr. Pasa would diverge from the speeder lane into the garage of his apartment block, and the two mafiosos would park nearby, out of sight and within reach of an entrance point of the building, "All you, kid," spoke the trandoshan once more as his job was now complete.

After a few more moments, a small influx on speeders would begin parking around the parking zone by the buildings entrance one by one...

"
Mr. Terrek, I've tapped into the local security systems, I trust you see the collection of speeders that has formed nearby? It may not be related, but please remain cautious.."

"Yes, dear?"

"Oh…uh…sorry…pheway…just…one second." A flustered Yi'it said to the nautolan, reaching into his pocket and sending a message to Ragos on his datapad. "Sorry, I musta got off on the wrong floor. I'll let you get back to your party."

—————————————————

"Chit."

Ragos quickly sent a message for Yi'it to get off that floor and just wait to hear back from him. Ragos and the cop pulled into the parking garage. Ragos was running out of time and out of chances.

"All you, kid," the Dosh said once they were parked.

What, not enough babies for you to eat to tag along? Ragos thought as he got out of the speeder. He stuffed the two pint sized bottles of liquor into a back pocket of his pants and the funnel which was thankfully collapsible into the other. His blaster which he never left him with was tucked securely into his waistband.

"Mr. Terrek, I've tapped into the local security systems, I trust you see the collection of speeders that has formed nearby? It may not be related, but please remain cautious.."

"Girl, I'm always careful." He told his handler. As he walked through the garage he couldn't help but think about the first fight he got into his first night on Coruscant that ended up with a man shot dead, or the ensuing speeder chase that needed in a fiery explosion, or the spice dealer he shot, the other speeder chase he got into with Sara, the chit with Jay that left one of Ragos' own lieutenants dead at Ragos own hand, Denon, that whole chit with Kardek…

Yes, Ragos was the picture of caution.

Ragos entered the building through a door attached to the garage. They were a few floors up already but there were several more to go. Ragos walked up to the control panel for the lift and with the butt of his blaster he smashed it to hell, entered the stairwell, jogged a flight or two up and waited, hoping detective Pasa would need to come his way.

"Remind me again why we can't just put a blaster bolt in the back of his head and go through his pockets?" He asked Iliana.

Sometimes, Ragos missed the simplicity of Nar Shaddaa

Iliana Röhr Iliana Röhr

I L I A N A⠀R Ö H R

'Ambience'

As the young man left Ms. Valelea at the door, she appeared rather confused and perhaps a bit concerned, closing the door rather swiftly in an act of uncertainty while pondering how he knew about that nights gathering of Mr. Pasa and their friends.

"Uhuh.." she smirked to herself at Ragos' little quip, "tapping into the building's security now.. it starting to get busy, you may want to do this quickly.." Iliana noticed the quantity of people throughout the apartment block increasing as time passed, most likely as a result of Coruscant's evening rush-hour and Synic's little gathering.

"Were you not listening to the briefing? He knows too much, remember? If his death looks like an accident, investigators won't start looking into us any further, yes?" she rolled her eyes from behind her screen while she pondered what Ragos' plan may be.

Exiting his speeder, Mr. Pasa grabbed his duffle bag and began making his way to the garage turbolift, upon pressing on the buttons multiple times and after a few minutes of waiting, the exasperated Cathar grumpily stormed up the stars, just wanting to get home after a particularly long and intense shift.

While he made his way up a number of flights, he took out his communicator to message his mistress: <<NEARLY HOME>> he wrote as he passed Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek , with his message not quite sent yet...

More people could be heard below them coming up the stairs, Ragos' time to act was short.

Ragos was about to explain that people die during muggings all the time. It was simple and clean, but before he could even open his mouth he could hear someone coming up the steps. It was Pasa. Sometimes The Force was kind.

The Cathar passed Ragos without so much as a glance. He would've heard the other sets of footsteps from below if his heart wasn't thumping between his ears but he could feel them. The hairs on his arm and neck stood on end as The Force blessed him with a greater depth of sense. He was no Jedi but Ragos Terrek had a deep biological and generational connection to what most of the galaxy called The Force but for those born of Haruun Kal was Pelekotan, the jungle mind. It flowed through his blood, through his very soul, and he called upon it as easily as breathing. He asked it for speed, for strength, for accuracy, for awareness, and it gave him these things and more.

Was his handler aware he could do this? They knew so much about him that he did not share. Did they also know he had been trained by a Mando bounty Hunter and was somewhat of a prodigy when it came to K'thri. He would've went pro if he hadn't gotten into the life. It didn't make a difference, if they did know about these things Synic Pasa didn't.

Violence erupted in the stairwell alarmingly fast. The ferocity and speed of Ragos attacked defied logic. A low kick to the knee of the detective to stop his movement, followed by a hard knee to the gut to take away his wind and ability to cry out.

Ragos would grab a handful of hair on the head of the doubled over detective and force his head back and in the same motion shoving the previously collapsed but now fully functional funnel down the alien's throat. Next he would pop the top on one of the pints and pour the dark liquor down the cops gullet. He didn't have time for the second. Ragos would yank the funnel out of Pasa's mouth and with added strength from The Force, throw the man over the stair railing.

Ragos pocketed the empty bottle and the funnel and raced up a few more flights of stairs before choosing a floor well away from the accident to enter the building.

Iliana Röhr Iliana Röhr

I L I A N A⠀R Ö H R

'Ambience'

Ruthless. Efficient. Quite frankly terrifying, so Iliana thought~ Mr. Pasa was dispatched so efficiently it threw her off guard a little.

"Crick! You need to evac, quickly! Everyone on the stairwell and main lobby saw him fall.." a few moments of speechlessness enveloped Iliana as she processed the next best moves, "it looks like a lot of them know Synic~ authorities have been called, medical is en-route with two CSF speeders on their way.."

Noise erupted throughout the building as concerned civilians and Synic's friends massed around the body, with a few charging up the stairs to come and alert Ms. Valelea of what just occurred.. but something was off.. Some of Mr. Pasa's party guests wore.. CSF identification badges!

"You need to leave, fast, he was meeting with his detective colleagues tonight~ take the next flight of stairs and follow the corridor down, take the second left then take the turbolift down to floor five~ it'll lead you into a shopping promenade, cut across it and take the northern turbolift to the garage then exit through the doors onto the street, I'll have our friend waiting two blocks away.."

"Some patrols are en-route, avoid the cameras and act.. normal? Good luck.."

Ms. Röhr was most likely more panicked than Mr. Terrek, each decision and every action would now severely impact how successful the contract was, and whether Ragos' got away safely and without suspicion..

(Will be throwing encounters your way as you make your way out of the building!)

“Relax,” Ragos told his handler. “Drunk people fall.”

Ragos’ heart was still thumping between his ears as he casually walked the hall of whichever floor he was on looking for a new way out. He placed an ebony Fiora brand cigarra between his lips and enjoyed a long slow pull. Ragos pulled the unopened bottle from his pocket, unscrewed the cap and had a swig.

Easy credits

He thought until Iliana was back in his ear.

Chit

So the building was about to be crawling with CSF. Ragos fired a quick message to Yi’it detailing the situation and telling him to get the feth out while he could. They would link up later.

Ragos shoved open the door to the nearest stairway when he remembered something.

“The fraking commlink.”

Ragos did his best to casually rush back in the direction he had come. Another pull from both the bottle and the cigarra to clear his head and steady his hand. Hurried steps echoed in the corridor as he went back down the steps he had used as an escape, the footsteps that had been following Pasa were now heading back down to check on him.

That’s some stroke of luck. Too fething bad it was the last stroke. Ragos couldn’t find the comm anywhere. He chanced a glance over the edge and couldn’t make out Pasa’s presumably mangled body through the crowd around him.

“Frak!” He swore. “It fell with him and shattered into a million pieces.” He reassured himself as he ran back up the stairs. The other alternative was one of those in the group behind them had found it and picked it up.

Don’t think about that.

Ragos rushed back to the route of escape Iliana had suggested. Down the stairs, second left, in the lift.

Ragos hit the button for five. Took another drink and waited for the doors to open…

Iliana Röhr Iliana Röhr

I L I A N A⠀R Ö H R

'Command & Control'

TING..

Chimed the elevator, opening its doors to welcome the young gangster, and to carry him towards freedom.. or so they hoped..

"Ragos.. something's.. off? Activity in the promenade just dropped.." something was making the handler uneasy~ a sixth sense almost screaming that something was about to go wrong. Then, they appeared.. "Chit.. There're several CSF officers at the other end of the promenade- they must've been here looking for the Carcury Network but a small group has been rerouted.."

"
They're headed for your turbolift.."

"
It's up to you: risk it by playing it cool once you reach the promenade or get off at the next level and reroute back through the way you came in.. you've got fifteen seconds to make a decision."

Fifteen seconds felt like an eternity and yet it was over before he could think.

Rag took the blaster out of his waistband and made sure the safety was off, stowing back in his belt line just as the doors of the lift opened to the promenade.

"You think I only play at being cool?" Ragos tried joking with his handler as he navigated the crowd desperate that only one cop had to die today.

Iliana Röhr Iliana Röhr

I L I A N A⠀R Ö H R

'Command & Control'

"Pfft!" she audible grinned through his earpiece, "we're about to find out.."

As the elevator doors opened, the promenade appeared to be significantly quieter than one would expect- although some still loitered and continued their socialisation and shopping ventures, mostly people of the more respectful sort.

Through the small crowds and stalls, five Coruscant Security Force officers could be spotted charging towards Ragos' elevator, moments would pass before the gangster and the officers met- one put her hand out to stop him...

"(is) That Ikman's Quarter up the elevator?"

Regardless of his response, the officers would move on towards the building, on their way to respond to the scene of the crime~ and Ragos' opportune moment of escape was now..

"All clear."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom