Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Consequences, and Repercussions... (Part ll)

tpuAKtr.gif

She didn't expect them to see her so soon, but accredited it to the fact perhaps there really wasn't much going on in the galaxy. Certainly not in Concord space. Between the Silver Intelligence Network, and the SDF, things were... Relatively peaceful. She sat in the same spot she had sat some years ago. She had changed quite a bit since then. Not so much a hothead, but definitely still making questionable choices. She had heard Caltin had come back, and was aware this would be the first time she was seeing him since his return. She wished she had more...

Respectable news to share?

Well it wasn't like she had killed anyone. Roughly the opposite. The young Astrian smirked at the thought, hand idly resting over her stomach as she stared ahead at the same window. Watched those birds fly, and the ever changing Kashyyyk jungle in the near distance. Ten minutes had passed this time, not nearly as much had passed the last time. Aayla wore her Shadow robes for this. Black and Grays, purposely a little bigger than they needed to be. Though still tactically effective for her.

Tactically effective, what in the heck. That had to be a joke.

'Aayla-Senn Shan, the Council is ready for you'

Aayla looked up curiously, smiling and nodding.

"Thanks Micah."

She responded, having learned this Temple Guard's name since the last time she had been here. In fact, she had worked with Micah since then, routine security checks and the like. He nodded in his facemask, standing aside as she got to her feet. She wasted no time and headed inside. When she passed through the causeway, that strange echoing effect took place immediately. Her little footsteps highly audible on the way up to the top of the stairs that lead to the Council Chambers clearing. There were less of them now, but all familiar faces.

Each of them, she had memories with, and in a sense that was... Surprisingly comforting. She had felt a little apprehension about all this, but once she saw them it seemed to fade. Aayla stopped a moment, narrowing her eyes ahead before exhaling; the sound of it louder than she expected. Idly she wondered if the design choice was done purposely, to make it so as everything said, and done was even easier to detect...

Though, that was hardly her purpose here today. Her purpose was very simple, and she wasn't going to mince her words. If she was in trouble for what had happened, she would just be in trouble. It was as simple as that.

Stepping forward, she would stop roughly fifteen feet from the trio, as she had done years ago, she offered each a forty-five degree bow of respect.

"My Masters, thank you for seeing me on such short notice. I have come to request a year... Or more reprieve from my duties."

Aayla said, throwing out her request before the conversation had a chance to be sidetracked.

Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Merek Steele Merek Steele

2FS8YbB.png

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.
"Unity starts with you. If not you then who?" - Anonymous

What the? This thing still works?!

It was a “surprise” to say that least that his holo-communicator reserved only for Jedi Council business was still active. It had been quite a while since he had been around the Silvers and the Jedi as a whole and being on the planet Commenor for the Festival of the Stars was coincidental. The thing is when he was about to leave, the big guy getting the message that to come to Tython to meet again and discuss a matter concerning the Shadow Aayla Shan left him rather open-mouthed.

The trip to Tython was short and sweet and he still remembered the “discreet” route well up to the north tower and into the chambers. He did not adorn the traditional Jedi garb, truth be told, he had not in a long time, but he was still in his traditional colors and still looking respectable. Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric , Merek Steele Merek Steele , and Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor were already in there and Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala was not far behind. There was little time for any of them to converse as “Micah” the Temple Guard Captain was as “no-nonsense” as he ever was. As soon as Aayla Shan Aayla Shan came walking in he noticed it right away. There was something about her that was “different” and while he used to be oblivious about these sorts of things, now? Not so much for some reason. Her request for a leave of absence was a bit astonishing, but that she would take leave for so long, but the big guy never felt that she needed to. All good though, she was clearly “glowing” and it made sense why she would ask.

Who’s the father?

He was either going to get an honest answer(not that he cared, she was free to love whomever she wanted) from her or a punch in the face. Cool either way.

Last edited:
Or'Fol sat quietly as he watched Aayla walk in. The Shadow had been proving herself since they last met like this. He had continued to study for that time, but now he wondered what it was that she would ask. He took a calm breath as the younger Jedi entered, and listened carefully as she asked for a year off duty? This wasn't necessarily uncommon, especially if wars were involved, but something seemed a little different here. The Caltin spoke, and the Herglic choked a bit as he bluntly asked the question. He would give Caltin a quick side eye before calming himself again before speaking up, keeping his usual demeaner.

"Aayla. While Master Vanagor was quite blunt, I'll ask if he is correct in his assumption."

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Merek Steele Merek Steele

F O R W A R D- O U T P O S T
K U B I N D I
LaXouZO.png

"Did you manage to establish a secure connection?" Sakadi Sinvala strode into the dimly lit room - illuminated only by the blueish glow of the holoterminal. One of the two Kubaz turned to face her. He stood over two meters tall, and had foregone his mask, revealing his short snout. "We've tried the best we could. It should be semi-secure." He informed her. "I'll try to keep it short." Sakadi said, brushing the dust of the rags that once happened to be her cloak. It was a small price to pay, considering the advancements they had made. The Kubindi Civil War was a particularly brutal one. Taking place in dark, twisting tunnels, between warriors without remorse. After three bloody days, they had finally managed to secure more than half of the Ilzik-clan's mountain hive.

Yet even now, the tunnels shuddered. It made her wish that her peaceful sabbatical had never ended.

Sakadi's lavender hands moved over the control panels, inserting security keys known only to the Silver Order's upper echelons. Slowly, the blueish light cast by the holoterminal began to take shape. Distortions rippled through the three-dimensional images, and she couldn't help but take note of the slight delay. But at least she had a connection.

Exhaustion washed over her as she finally sat down into the chiselled rock that functioned as her seat. It was the toll of the war. The maelstrom of grief and cruelty in the Force. Yet she appeared as stoic and regal as ever. It was something she felt was required of those who sat on the council. Moreover, members of the council had to be keen and astute. Always.

She knew that that mentality and her status as one of, if not the most outspoken council member made her appear as relentless. Intimidating, even. In a way, that was a bad quality for a Jedi Master of her calibre to have. But she could not quite admit that she cared.

Sakadi glanced at the other masters whom had gathered. Steele, Dragovalor, Moric, and Vanagor. She found it rather amusing, having to acknowledge how many different schools of thought were represented. All gathered on a whim to heed the request of Aayla Shan.

"My Masters, thank you for seeing me on such short notice. I have come to request a year... Or more reprieve from my duties."

The words lingered in her mind for a moment. A year or more. The Jedi Path was dedicated to the keeping of peace and the Force. One could falter, but there were no breaks or pauses. It was a commitment of mind, body, and soul. A way of life that simply could not cease to be. That was why she considered to reject the request immediately.

Although there were alternatives to offer. A reprieve from field duty - that she considered acceptable. That was, until Caltin spoke.

Who’s the father?

If the cold wave spreading through the Force did not betray her discontent, the brief contortion of her facial features did. She missed the words of Or'Fol entirely, instead choosing to focus solely on Aayla with a menacing glare.

Because the code forbade it.
Because she knew how this would end.

All because only one person could possibly be the father.

Aayla Shan. Sakadi thought. Choose your next words carefully.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Merek Steele Merek Steele Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Merek Steele Merek Steele

To Josh, his Padawans were like his kids. Even when they had finally flown from the nest as Jedi Knights. So Aayla still held a place in his heart, and he would always be there if she needed him. Even if that was in a Council capacity. Josh had been away on and off, between his own personal mission and spending time with his family. But when it came time to do his job as part of the Council, he was always there when they needed him as well.

He would be here in person this time. He had been working with Ura to prepare her for her Jedi Trials in hopes she would join Aayla as a Jedi Knight before long, so when the news came that Aayla Shan had requested an audience, it became his first priority.

She got straight to the point. She wished for a long period of leave. He was curious about the reason why. Caltin of course, jumped to conclusions and told them right away what he thought it was. It got a small smile from him. It would make sense, but he didn’t assume right away. The truth was, they were all tired after the war. Some more than others. A leave of absence wasn’t the most surprising thing for a Jedi to ask, even a long one. This one was definitely unusually long, though, and it did have him curious.

So many different emotions flew through the room. He could tell already that Master Sinvala wasn’t a fan of the idea of a Jedi taking time away, especially this much, Or’Fol was inquisitive, while Vanagor was bold and without fear. Perhaps to a fault. Josh stood to his feet.

“Regardless of your reasons. The Concord is not a shackle, nor ball and chain. It is a family, a gathering of individuals all who desire the same thing. Peace in this galaxy. And we all work towards that in our own ways. And we are free to leave if the ways of our Order do not suit us, for again, this is not a prison. Thus, the same logic would apply to a sabbatical. I do not see this as a request. I see it as giving us the courtesy of forewarning, one that the Council sincerely appreciates.”

He looked to each of the Masters, regardless of whether they were there in-person, or appearing via hologram. His expression, as with his words, was a gentle calm. But there was a measure of challenge in his eyes. Daring any of them to voice disagreement with his assessment of the Jedi. Daring them to frame the Jedi like some kind of prison. Most of all, daring them to try and place a ball and chain on one of his "kids", so to speak. Because then there would be words. With that, he turned to Aayla.

“If your personal judgement for how you are to be at your best for our mission involves a long sabbatical, then we will respect it. If Master Vanagor’s… Question is one you want to answer, you may oblige our curiosity if you wish. But you owe us nothing, Aayla. ”

His smile returned, more pronounced this time. Traces of a cheeky smirk hit the edge of his mouth.

“On an unrelated note. As a father of two, I am available to provide aid if you so require it.”

Last edited:

tpuAKtr.gif

Who’s the father?

Her cheeks flushed red, butterflies swimming in her stomach as Caltin quite pointedly lasered the Bantha Chit out of her. Ironically, it would have been easier to answer and explain had he not, but also it was somewhat humorous of him. It was partly why she loved him. His brash and unrelenting approach was useful in its moments. She would be a bold-faced liar if she claimed each any everyone one of them hadn't influenced her development up until this point.

Still, cut a girl a break Master Vanagor.

If the cold wave spreading through the Force did not betray her discontent, the brief contortion of her facial features did. She missed the words of Or'Fol entirely, instead choosing to focus solely on Aayla with a menacing glare.

Then she made the mistake of glancing over to Sakadi. Fairly, she felt the woman's Force signature flickering in what was nearly a tundra of emotion. Though when her eyes laid on that hologram, she looked away immediately, with no intention of looking back. For a lady that didn't say a word, the woman knew how to cut her eyes at you. Her heartbeat increased, wondering now if it would've been wise to answer Caltin's question. She had told Kadan what she was going to do, so he knew just as well as she did to avoid Master Sinvala for a while...

Maybe forever..

Master Merek remained silent for now, and that was a blessing considering her responses so far. Then, a friendly voice chimed in. Unironically the biggest in the room.

"Aayla. While Master Vanagor was quite blunt, I'll ask if he is correct in his assumption."

She cleared her throat, the slightest nod visible. She wasn't going to lie to them, it was a ridiculous proposition to do so. It was then her most previous Master spoke up, his words and views on the Jedi and their purpose had changed little since the last spoke. Thankfully.

“If your personal judgement for how you are to be at your best for our mission involves a long sabbatical, then we will respect it. If Master Vanagor’s… Question is one you want to answer, you may oblige our curiosity if you wish. But you owe us nothing, Aayla. ”

She let him finish, eyes scanning over the group (skipping Sakadi, as she couldn't bare to see that scowl one more time.) Aayla nodded to them removing her black hood, and revealing a head of raven dyed hair.

"Then, Master Caltin is correct in his assumptions. Though I would prefer to not disclose the Father. I accept responsibility for this, fully..."

She paused then, finally mustering some courage to actually match Sakadi's gaze, blinking a few times.

"My commitment to this order, and our sacred duty is still intact. I want to be back as soon as possible. There is always something that requires our aide."

After she spoke those words, Aayla would look to Master Dragovalor again.

"I will need all the help I'm offered, I have never done this before after all."

She spoke, smiling softly, though it would fade, again glancing over to Sakadi. She just hoped the woman forgave her for her frivolous behavior. It wasn't like she had planned it. Being alone with like aged individuals for an extended period of times indeed could breed foreign emotions. These specific ones, she had never really had training on dealing with; so when encountered she did what seemed normal. She followed her instinct, and...

Well while Sakadi might have scoffed if she could have, she believed truly that she had followed the Force's direction in her actions.

Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Merek Steele Merek Steele

2FS8YbB.png

Be careful what you wish for.
“It is the chiefest point of happiness that a man is willing to be what he is.” - Erasmus

Caltin just inwardly smiled as he glanced around the room and got a read off of the reactions to his blunt, but honest question. It was good to know that hypocrites still existed. Anyone who knew him more in meetings like this knew that he did not care who she might have or might not have parented a child with. He was “old school” in his beliefs, but that was when he was Knighted, and idealistic. Now? He knew that none of this would affect her if she handled herself and her duties properly(and being a Shadow was no life for a parent), but he was simply curious.

When I first came out of the ice, even for a couple of years, I was fully aware that I did not have the same level of respect as do several of those of you in this room. That is fine, however, I reached this level when there was one Order. Long before the fractures that there are now, and when I did… it was “Master Vanagor”. It no longer matters now because, I am not sure I have a place in here anymore, not that I did then, but I digress, this is not about me.

Licking his lips and sitting down after unbuttoning his jacket and then clasping his hands together. Then the big man looked around the room before focusing on Aayla.

Your business is your own. While believe it or not, my teachings and upbringing in the Order align with the traditional beliefs, my beliefs are almost nine hundred years old. The Jedi are peacekeepers, we used to be "Warrior Monks" you might say, but now the protocols of the Order... or "Orders" are a lot laxer. Jedi love, Jedi marry, Jedi even sire children... if you think you can do this, then so it. The only person holding you back is the woman you see in the mirror every morning.

... and I’m married myself…

Cracking each knuckle in his hands separately he looked down and back up.

I won’t go into detail, but I have a company that has a lot of responsibilities, a lot of reach, a lot of outreach. Do you want a job while you’re “away”? You’ll still be close by, you’ll have all the help you’ll need.

He started to look at each of the others in the room, no longer wondering why he was here, but actually glad that he rarely was. This was not a Council made up of like-minded individuals, it was a room full of individuals.

Josh Dragovalor Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Or'Fol Moric Merek Steele Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

Or'Fol leaned back, feeling the coldness from Sakadi, and hearing Josh's words. He couldn't help but smile at the fellow Master's words, especially noting he was a father himself, which could be an interesting note to feel Sakadi's reaction, but he was more concerned with Aayla for the moment. He noddeed a bit, letting out a "chuff" through his blowhole as he thought.

She admitted what was going on, though she wouldn't give a name to the father. He nodded slightly. She really had seemed to learned over time. She wasn't brash, or demanding. She was humbly here asking a question. Or'Fol would give another, louder chuff as has he started to speak again.

"As Master Dragovalor and Vanagor have said, this decision is yours. I have studied much of the Jedi's history, and I feel confident in saying that, often, it is an order's own unwillingness to confront ourselves as sentient beings like anyone else that leads to a Jedi's fall. While this is not my area of expertise... I'm sure the other Masters who do have experience in this will be willing to help you, Knight Shan."

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Merek Steele Merek Steele

F O R W A R D- O U T P O S T
K U B I N D I
LaXouZO.png

Sakadi glanced to the Kubaz who had remained with her in the room. He wasn't force sensitive, but could surely tell she disapproved of the situation. His presence forced her to stay out of the conversation. Abstain from the council's vote on the matter. Because rejecting the request of a pregnant woman would surely be seen as cruel. That in turn would ruin her mutual bond of trust with the Kubaz, which she definitely needed to accomplish her mission.

Perhaps, in a way, that was a good thing. Regardless of your beliefs, Aayla Shan was the kind of vibrant person whom you simply wanted to give the world. It showed, as Aayla had gotten in the good graces of many masters. Including the Sephi herself. It therefore came as no surprise that the other councillors, kind as they were, even offered help.

Sadly, that was where the similarities between her and her fellow masters ended. She firmly believed that Jedi shouldn't favour those dear to them. As instruments of the Force, they had to distribute their love over all beings equally. A Jedi was to remain objective and neutral at all times. They could not let their personal connections cloud or distort their judgement. That was why they could not have children. Could not marry - in her humble opinion. Of course, it wasn't a flaw or taboo to experience feelings of love. But it was a Jedi's task to recognize those feelings, and show they understood their role by taking distance from them. It was the most challenging part for those that took up the moniker of Jedi. Yet the Jedi Order had understood the necessity of it for thousands of years.

Yet somehow their Order could not seem to recognize that ancient and important principle. "Could you please leave the room for a moment?" She asked the Kubaz, as she prepared herself for what was to come. How many systems were between her and Silver Rest? Eight? It was an impossible distance to bridge. The equivalent of trying to find a person on the moon with a telescope.

But if you knew the exact time and place where they would be...

Sakadi closed her eyes. Two lavender fingers moved to her temple, a simple gesture to enhance her strength and prowess. Master Dragovalor's words contained a message, one that could only be discerned by his tone. He issued a challenge.

And Sakadi chose violence.

"Forgive me Master Dragovalor. But you seem to mistake the Concord for our Jedi Order." Her lilac eyes opened again, this time directly locking on her fellow Councillor. "We have a responsibility to the billions of beings in this galaxy. A responsibility to the Force itself. It took thousands of generations to shape the ways of the Jedi. To identify the core principles we hold as the Code. We follow it with devotion and discipline, because the struggles of our past generations show us exactly what happens when we fail to do so." She paused for a moment to allow her words to sink in. "Is it those values we have fought and bled for, that you call a prison? Solely because you want to please a former student of yours?"

She shot a casual look at Caltin. "As Master Vanagor stated, there used to be a singe united Jedi Order. I've began to wonder if that Order fractured because we've seemingly stopped upholding the Code. It would definitely explain why our galaxy is torn apart by war on a scale never seen before." Her gaze shifted back to Aayla. "Because we lack the required structure and discipline."

Sakadi let out a sigh. Her hologram distorting as she leaned back. "I'd like to reject your request." She clasped the bridge of her nose. "But what you and him have done is quite irreversible." She wanted Aayla to know that she knew who the father was. "Make no mistake, I greatly disapprove of this. But Master Vanagor is right, I suppose." Her cold gaze softened ever so slightly. "If you want to go down this path, so be it. That's your decision to make." Sakadi paused. Then chose to address the council as a whole.

"I abstain. I won't interfere in this council's decision."

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Merek Steele Merek Steele Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric

TAG: Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Merek Steele Merek Steele Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

So it was true. She really was with child. He was surprised, but also happy for her. He knew how difficult, yet joyful being a parent could be. It was a lot of work… But it was worth it in the end. It was the most fulfilling thing he had ever experienced, perhaps even more than being a Jedi. Not that he would tell the Council that. And she appeared to be intent on getting back as soon as possible, once things were squared with the child. That made sense. She even accepted his offer of help, which got a smile out of him. “You won’t be alone in this. I promise.”

Caltin offered further help, and he was content to let him do so. Or’Fol was in agreement as well. And that just left…

Ah, right. Her.

Josh didn’t seem bothered at all when Master Sinvala would lambast him. He had expected it, and he had heard the traditionalist bunk so many times that he could guess the next word to come out of her mouth almost at every turn. So the smile never left his face as he turned to her.

“I do enjoy it when people forget that the old, stubborn and unbudging ways led to the Jedi’s fall. How our lack of ability to evolve, to see ourselves as people instead of machines, and lack of ability to empathize with the very people we swear to protect, made us arrogant, stagnant and very much vulnerable to what came next. The Jedi Code is something that has, can, and should change as we adapt and it is what has let us survive the second chance we were given. Though there being several Orders was inevitable. Every organization and ideal of our size is destined to have people who disagree with it. It is how the Sith as we know it came into being to begin with, after all, along with the Atrisian sect, even as the Jedi of old followed your personal Code. So long as the splinters fight with honor and to protect as Jedi do though, they can have what Code they wish if you ask me. I can walk over to the nearest sect of Jedi and ask for aid in protecting a city from invading Bryn and they will probably say yes. That’s what matters to me. You and Master Vanagor have every right to believe in and apply to yourself whichever Code you wish. You do you. But we have no right to force said beliefs on others. Master Vanagor understands that, and I respect that greatly no matter what Code he follows.”

And yet, the smile still never left. No emotion, just peace. Calm, almost amused in his tone. That was his Jedi Way. “If I believed this were prison, we would not be having this conversation. In fact, the Silver Jedi not being a prison is the very thing I just told young Aayla. She is not a prisoner, she is here of her own free will for as long as that will wishes it. Or have we become a forced conscript military since I was last here, and I have yet to be informed? Anyone? Anyone want to inform this old soul of what he’s missed?”

With that, he turned to Merek Steele Merek Steele who had not yet spoken. It was three for yes and an abstain, but he wanted to be polite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom