Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Consequences, and Repercussions.

Silver Rest - Noon - Centaxday (Monday)

Finally... Finally! Aayla looked herself over in her mirror, retwisting the padawan braid that ran along her temple. Aayla refit the beads along the knotted braid, then placed the bauble firmly holding the rest in place. She wore a plain white robe, revealing her arms, but covering most the rest of her body. " I have followed all of the ord-" she shook her head, and closed her eyes as she scrapped that immediately. "I fully understand my actions and hum-..." she stopped herself again, closing her eyes and opening the door to her refresher. Stepping into her room, she looked around and let her eyes fall on her lightsaber. She didn't have to rehearse this, she just needed to trust in the Force, and the wisdom of the Masters. When they first asked her to take over the training group, she never thought it would be for this long. It wasn't like there wasn't a certain amount of happiness that went into it, but she couldn't stay at Silver Rest forever... Rather, she didn't want too. She wanted to assist in the effort; she understood that she had messed up, and had more than enough time to think about it.

Aayla snatched up the saber with a large exhalation of air. Clipping it to her side. With that, she was off. However, as soon as she opened the door, she was greeted by a group of four younglings. To which her face lightened, immediately smirking and kneeling in front of them.
"And WHAT, are you rascals doing here..." she questioned, her eyes locking with the youngling she knew ran the little four person group.

' Bosha'Ten said you're going to talk to the Council today... Are you going to be leaving the temple? ' the oldest asked, to which Aayla would cant her head with a smirk.

"Well, I certainly don't think so... Though you know I wouldn't leave without saying bye to you all... And I'm not soliciting your delinquency; don't worry about me.. Off to class, with the lot of you..." Aayla said, brushing at their heads as they ran off giggling.

Indeed, their final decision hadn't been made yet, and most knew that. The Council had taken quite a large amount of time coming to their decision. Hells, she didn't even know if they would let her speak. As she watched the younglings round the corner, she swallowed hard on nothing, and flicked her hand over the door panel. Silver Rest was gorgeous place, and quite frankly one of the only places she knew in the galaxy. Her entire life was built around this place, and the people that inhabited it. As she strolled along, she could feel some watching her, and some not minding her at all. She greeted most she passed, but didn't linger. The last thing she needed was to be late today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aayla couldn't sit, and was leaning with her back against a wall, arms folded as she let her mind wander. Kashyyyk was a beautiful place. Most people that visited it were usually shocked, she had even heard someone say they weren't aware there was this much green anywhere in the galaxy. Silver Rest accentuated that beauty, built in such a way that it seemed to be apart of the Forest, though separate at the same time. She took this time to reflect even more, listening to the birds, to the rolling jungle that seemed to sing not only in sound, but in the Force. And then...

'Aayla-Senn Shan... The Council is ready...' The temple Guardian spoke in a baritone voice, his face obscured by the masking they wore. She looked to him, and offered a simple nod.

With that, she entered the council chambers, never failing to note how things seemed to echo as soon as you had crossed the threshold. The steps of her boots in tune with the Guardian's until he stopped just before the final archway, turning to her and seeming to stare off into space. She regarded him with a concerned look, then continued on into the main chamber. The round, was what most of the padawan referred to it as. On this day, not all the chairs were being used, but she immediately saw.

Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala , Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , and Romi Jade Romi Jade . She breathed in deeply, and continued forward until she was in the center of the room. Offering each of them a bow respectively.

"Greetings, Masters..." she said, clearing her throat. Honestly thrown off by how loud of a sound was made in the sound reflecting room from that small action. For now she fell silent, eyes bouncing between the four.

Last edited:
Z89V35n.png

Sakadi positioned herself before the comms droid that would transmit her image to tall white spire of Kashyyyk where the Assembly and Master's circle usually held their meetings. Her T6-shuttle had jumped out of hyperspace near the Jabiim system, where it would land to refuel. She was on her way to New Alderaan to conduct a diplomatic mission, but had given her pilot the orders to wait with their next jump until she had concluded this meeting. Hyperspace travel tended to interfere with the transmission, which was unfavorable when attending a meeting.

The holographic comm unit brought the council chambers to life for her to see. The transmission flickered for a moment, before it stabilized in all of it's transparent blue glory. The holographic imagery could not compare to the actual circular room in the spire, with its large open windows and fantastic view of Kashyyyk's lush flora and fauna. But for now, it would do.

The projection of the Sephi glanced through the room, take note of the three other Jedi Masters present. She almost found it amusing to see Caltin alongside the other Masters. She knew that he wasn't fond of meetings like this, which was exactly why she was grateful for his willingness to provide counsel here today.

Almost as soon as the projection flickered to life, Sakadi began to motion. The protocol droid by her side on the shuttle immediately began its translation, the metallic voice slightly echoing through the near-empty chambers of Silver Rest.

"Thank you for your attendance, Masters Moric, Vanagor and Cysgod. The subject to be discussed is an appeal from Padawan Shan, I believe. She would like to return to field duty." The protocol droid said, directly translated her sign-language. She was a brilliant telepath, but even she could not reach as far as eight systems to 'speak'. It was one of the many downsides of her mutism.

"Let us see what she has to say on the matter." Sakadi leaned back in her seat, waiting for the doors to swing open. They did so about a minute later, giving the Padawan access to the Circle chambers.

The Padawan began with a polite introduction. Sakadi could tell that she was old for a Padawan, carrying herself with the subtle but experienced movement of someone qualifying for Knighthood. But the Jedi Master knew that physicality was not the only requirement a Padawan would need to ascend to Knighthood. If anything, this meeting would give her insight into the young woman's character.

Sakadi would remain silent for a moment, allowing one of the other three Masters to open the conversation.

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Location: Some Council Room somewhere on the Silver Spire... who knows...
Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag:
Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

Why.am.I.here?

He wanted to lean against the wall, but that would be Muy inapropiado.

What? Did you mean "very inappropriate"?

You understand Spanish?!

Right... "focus"... anyway. He did not want to sit in the chairs, he keeps hitting his head but the others were and this was not an interrogation so he had to suck it up.

Is that a height joke?

Sitting forward with his hands clasped together, the big guy watched the Padawan slowly walk in. Her aura was calm, as nervous as a Spice dealer in a Senate building, but calm in the manner of no anger. She was anxious. A Miralukan not attune to the Force could see just how anxious she was to get back out there. The big guy could admire that, but that did not mean that she earned the opportunity to. House arrest was serious, and she had to take it seriously. Looking her in the eyes, his words were simple...

Take a breath.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Breathe... Yeah, she could do that. And so she did... Drawing in a breath that seemed that sent a visible tremble through her form. Was it that obvious she was nervous. It wasn't often, but it also wasn't unheard of; people had been let go from the order before. Aayla looked down at herself, exhaling that air, then back up at the council members present. "A year ago, I stood in front of the council; and I apologized for something that... At the time, I thought was right. I thought, that because of my experience, I thought I had the authority to make a decision that wasn't mine to make..." she said, clearing her throat again, and noting how stoic they seemed. "In any case, today I must say that it wasn't a sincere apology. I felt justified... I felt as though because I had suffered at the mercy of slavers in my youth, I was obligated to protect others that suffer the same crime...

"Its more than that though. It was obedience... Anything could've happened, but I got cocky.. Too confident in my abilities, and that almost resulted in deaths. I felt..."
she paused then, wondering how to phrase what came next.

"I felt... Like I had been training my whole life to protect others, and when a time came when I truly could, it was stripped away from me. Hearing those people, their children, ask if I was going to leave them... It was difficult. I remembered being that child, wondering when someone would come and save me. And I simply couldn't do it.

With that she would take a break, hands still at her sides. "In my time with the younglings here I have learned however that personal feelings cannot be the compass for us Jedi. Discipline, Obedience, structure. I was lacking that then, but I no longer lack it now. I humbly apologize for my actions, and request to be allowed to continue to undertake offworld missions with the Concord. Aayla finished, then added a late, but respectful bow with the word "Masters"

Or'Fol leaned in the larger chair, nodding to Master Sinvala. He looked at the others as he began to speak up before Aayla came in.

"Happy to help as always, Sakadi. I'm interested to hear what Padawan Shan has to say." He eyed Caltin for a moment. He'd worked with the Master before, but he knew he could be hot headed at times. While the herglic was worried for a moment, he took a quick breath before Aayla came in. He looked at her, tilting his head as he waited for her to speak. He listened carefully, thinking back on the incident that landed her here, yet there was one piece of information he didn't have. He looked at the other masters, looking to he padawan before speaking up with his usual calm voice.

"If I may. Padawan Shan, you say that the reason you were taken off the mission roster was because of disobeying a master. I'm sure we would all admit that none of us are perfect by any means, and while I could understand it being only a lack of obedience that caused this, I can't help but imagine that there was another reason that you have been limited on your missions." He knew that posing his next question could seem odd, but he felt it was important.

"I must ask, Aayla. You mentioned how personal the mission was for you. Was your only reason to be there to defend? Was there a reason your Master gave the order to leave the planet? I apologize for these questions, but I must admit I don't know every detail."

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod

Aayla listened carefully to what Master Moric had to say, nodding in response. "Our mission to Orondia had nothing to do with slavers... We were simply sent there to survey the amount of defenses in place by The Sith Empire.. When we arrived, we encountered a group of indigenous peoples that were suffering at the hands of the Sith... I be-... I became infatuated with them. When the Master (NPC) in charge of the mission ordered me to return to the ship, I pretended my communications equipment suffered a malfunction... I stayed on Orondia for almost seventy-two hours after that. Moving that group of people around to avoid Sith scouting parties. Aayla admitted, gesturing very lightly with her hands.

"We were only there to scout, but... I was a fool. In my eyes, leaving them then was resigning them to death. so I disobeyed direct orders... Albeit, I got that group out alive eventually, the entire ordeal could've started a terrible battle either above, or on the surface of Orondia... Much less in Sith controlled space...." she said, tensing lightly as Moric rightfully used intuition to go onto another problem the Jedi had. Her eyes faltered a bit at that, and she wasn't exactly sure how she should've proceeded. Though, there was no other true option that to be honest.

"I... have been reprimanded before for insubordination. Though, never on that scale. Small things. commentary above my station. Though, nothing I think has ever been malicious. I spoke my mind in the past... Revealed my true feelings on the actions we've undertaken as a whole. I also... May have... Called one of the Masters a fool for rejecting my Knighthood." in that moment, it was clear she was truly regretful. Maybe not for the event, but having to recall it to her betters was a great deal of shame for the Padawan.

"During our trials, there was an order to retreat from a position in our simulations... I thought it better to stay and defend our position as it gave us tactical advantage. I-.. In my defense, our team did win that simulation, due to our maintaining that position; but the Master saw my disobedience as insubordination. And I was held back... For the..." she scratched at her wrist then. "Third... Time..." she said, falling silent then.

It could be noted that ability, or skill had nothing to do with Aayla's advancement, or house arrest. Simply, she believed that her superiors underestimated what she was capable of, so the young woman did what she could to change their perspective. However, her methods of doing so usually came off rough.

"This time would be different... I understand my errors. Training the class of younglings in saber forms has been very enlightening... For the past year" Aayla tactfully added.

53950.gif

Equipment:
Desbre Gensan, Milya Vondar (both unless specified)
Tag:
Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod

Caltin did not feel that it was his turn to speak, and in a way, it wasn’t as neither Master Sinvala, nor Master Cysgod had a chance to speak, but there was something about her explanations that didn’t sit well with him. It’s not that she wasn’t being truthful, but almost like she still did not seem to get it. He was working all of her explanations in his head, there was nothing wrong with them, but there was indeed something missing and it was not even what Master Moric asked about.

That’s all well and good, but you’re missing something else.

Sitting up a little more, sucking on his gumline as if working out how to explain it all in his head (he did), Caltin took a glance at each Master before the Padawan in front of him. He wanted to go on a bit of a monologue here, but his own Master's voice was ringing in his head, it was a strong reminder of where he came from and who he was. Being a Jedi means something, to each person it is something different, but still something.

~” Sorry to jump any unwritten order here, but something is eating at me.”~

Looking up and putting his hands at his side, Caltin moved them to his knees as if about to sit up as he looked the Padawan over. She had skills, he could see it, she wanted this, but was she ready for it?

First of all, even Jedi have feelings. Heh, I would be a hypocrite to say that it didn’t happen. Happens to me all the time, you should see me when I get ticked off.

With a glance and a wink at Master Oric, he went back to his point.

The thing is though, letting your feelings control you, that is the problem. Being able to get mad, and let things go, that is normal. You learn from your past. You do not seem to do so as of yet, not completely anyway. That is your problem.

Standing up, he gestured to each and everyone in the room, holovid or otherwise.

I would be remiss if I did not point out that technically, I have been a Jedi Master longer than everyone here has been alive… combined. I was around back when there was one Jedi Order. That being said, I do not consider myself any wiser, or more capable than anyone here. Everyone has something to contribute, it makes who we are unique. Your problem is the same as many a Padawan before you. Even me. Kid, this isn’t a matter of humbling yourself, it is a matter of understanding that skills, ability-wise you may very well be comparable to most Jedi Knights.

Sitting back down.

However, there is a reason why the title is “Padawan Learner". You had, and may still have some learning to do. Being a Jedi is more than learning a skill or two and memorizing a code. Your actions may very well have brought success each and every time, that does not mean that they are right.

Clasping his hands together and sitting forward, Caltin made his point. Sure he had more to say, but there was a reason that there were multiple Masters here.

ZhUyygm.png

Ilwynog had remained silent during the conversations and then Aayla Shan's plea to be allowed to go on missions off-world. Listening to the other Masters, Ilwynog could tell that they were in the odd one of the group, Ilwynog hadn't heard anything that they would consider needing the punishment as severe as it was, even the past offensives seem like a Master didn't want to listen to advice that was genuinely good. Looking over to Caltin, as he spoke about being the oldest Jedi in the room, Ilwynog shook their head, age meant nothing really. A child could be wiser than an adult, just depended on experiences and upbringing, as well as a positive mindset. Mentioning age seemed trivial to Ilwynog, as well as mentioning the Jedi Order that Caltin was part of, it was a flawed Order that collapsed due to those flaws and lead to a Sith Empire ruling the galaxy.

"So, you have been punished for past offensives, which from your description were ranging in seriousness. A common thread is of you disobeying orders, believing your own plans superior to those of your superiors. How has that changed?" Ilwynog noted that while pushing for your plan to work because you truly believe it will work, risking others and disobeying orders was not the best way to go about it. They were stubborn when formulating plans, everyone could be but they knew how far to push an idea and when to drop it, at least they learnt to be that way. "Master Caltin is right, though he doesn't know how old I am and assuming you are the oldest person is folly, could be an Anzati thousands of years old underneath this helmet." Pointed mentioned to Caltin but one they felt was necessary, assumptions led to mistakes that endangered people. Aayla assumed that her strategies were always best, which led her here, if they were going to judge this Padawan then they shouldn't be making assumptions themselves.

Chuckling for a moment before shaking their head and looking over to Aayla, "moving past that, do you not have your own Master? They should be here with you, it is clear that you have potential and that you are a smart person but there is a clear lack of restraint, and this last mission, you put your life at risk ignoring orders because you felt an attachment to the people. While as Jedi we put our lives on the line to protect others but what would have happened if the Sith found you, overwhelmed you and tortured you and the people you were attached to, it is an easy slip to the dark side over attachments like that." Leaning back in the chair, "I feel you still need to learn from this, restricting you to Kashyyyk might not be most sensible but you clearly need a Master overseeing you and able to rein you in."

Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

This Council meeting had taken an unsuspecting turn with Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod 's most recent commentary. Aayla was visibly confused, eyes moving from him, and cautiously panning over to Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . Curious, that was all it was... Curious. Well what was she supposed to say, other than no one seemed interested in taking her. Most likely, that fault rested in none but her alone; but she was tired of being left back. Not in Rank, again, she could care less about her designation. This type of punishment that they had devised, keeping her confined to Kashyyyk... It was eating the Padawan. The feeling of inaction wore on her, and though she had an important task even here, she wanted to fight. She wanted to have a purpose in the galaxy that even now was going through such turmoil.

As the question was posed, Aayla answered.
"I've followed all of my directives to the letter for the last year... Training with the younglings from first light, till mid day; Galactic Political studies, and advanced Force Theory from noon till mid afternoon... After that, I help around the temple. However I can really." Aayla said, nodding to Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod .

In the back of her mind however, Caltin's comment still rung in amazement. Longer than they had all been alive, combined? She didn't even have the faintest idea of how to process that, especially considering Master Vanagor seemed human; maybe it was one of those things it was better to not know... Instead, she would suddenly seem troubled in the Force, eyes faltering to the ground as something, even after all this time, hit her...

She could've been caught... She could've been interrogated, and potentially twisted to the Dark Side. Aayla believed herself content enough to kill herself if that proved itself to be a potential turnout, but still; it wasn't what you thought, it was the potential. They all had great points, and in the end she realized that she indeed had much to learn; considering it took her over a year to realize one of the most important realities of the situation. She was so caught up in the victory, and feeling of righteousness that came with getting those people out, she didn't have time to consider that worst case scenario.

It hurt... And for that reason, her eyes seemed to sink to the floor in thought. She was a fool for what she'd done.

Z89V35n.png

Sakadi had her elbow on the armrest, propping up her slightly tilted head as she listened. At least the girl was willing to take responsibility for her actions. Aayla's eagerness to return to the frontlines was understandable. In a sense, Sakadi could relate to her. Ever since she had taken a seat on the Assembly, she had been needed everywhere. While she had fully committed herself to her duties, a part of her still longed for the freedom your average Jedi Master had.

A hint of amusement washed over Sakadi's features as Aayla began her explanation. Held back three times, that had to be some sort of record. The Jedi Master thought. Master Vanagor spoke next, his comment questionable enough to make her raise a single eyebrow. She had met padawans wiser than some knights she knew, but held back on saying age is just a number. They were currently as much of a council as could be assembled on short notice. She didn't want their credibility questioned by starting off-topic discussions. It was also the reason why she ignored Master Cysgod's curt retort, despite being in agreement. No, the Sephi would much rather focus on where her fellow master tried to steer the conversation.

"I held no seat in the Assembly when you were originally confined to Kashyyyk." None of the members of their makeshift council were present at the time. That was a good sign, their revolving leadership meant that the Order wouldn't be stuck in a particular way of thinking. "But I do not believe in punishment, Padawan Shan. And I like to think that my fellow masters don't either. You claim to understand your past mistakes, and to have learned from them. If that is truly the case, I believe the purpose of your stay on Kashyyyk has been fulfilled." Sakadi could be distant and cold, but also kind and understanding. Today, she chose to be the latter.

But the Sephi did not stop gesturing, and the TC-series protocol droid did not stop translating. "However," She glanced at the other Masters for a moment. "Masters Vanagor and Cysgod have rightfully pointed out that there is still much left to learn and that your master should be there to guide you." It was a pity that she could not read the padawan's mind from this distance. "But your master is absent. Why? Are the two of you not getting along?" She found the absence of the young woman's master troubling. Even if there was no trouble between them, she would still reach out to Aayla's master in the near future for an explanation.

Why? There was a simple answer to that question of course; she simply wasn't sure what that answer was. No one really did, sufficive to say, the Master was effectively missing. And he had been missing for going on five years now. Aayla's body language changed, her eyes lofting at the panoramic view of Kashyyyk around them. "He's been missing for almost six years now, I doubt he's... Well, there is always a war going on" Aayla said, a sudden feeling of sorrow sweeping her, though fleeting, it could be felt from her being. She refocused in the now, not giving the question posed too much thought. He was either AWOL, or dead; as far she was concerned that is.

In hindsight, all of this nonsense with her attitude started around then. That feeling of abandonment, it was driving, but looking from the outside in, it was nothing but insubordination. In essence, outside of what those that mainly took stock of the padawan got from her, she was dedicated to their craft; almost obsessive regarding proving her worth as a Jedi. Not impressing people through achievements and titles, but by action. Her reward was every smile she had ever seen. Any person she had ever liberated from a poor situation, that was what she had become hyper focused on. This stint of house arrest made her remember that, and here she was; trying to get back out there.

"I got along fine with him, I don't know why he left m-.. He left.." she corrected herself before she opened another can of worms. She wasn't ready for them to start prying her emotions over it. She had done well to seal them up for the most part, all that remained was
curiosity. The apprehension, fear, shame, and anger had long abated; the Master having done a great deal so far to train the padawan to be self-sufficient. All the same, a simple answer would've done her well. Why did he leave her alone? Was he certain the mission he was undertaking was dangerous? Did he know he wanted to leave the order beforehand?

Dammit, why did they even have to bring it up... Aayla closed her eyes, extinguishing what she was feeling with relative ease.

"I will never stop learning Master Sakadi, it just wont be from him..." she said, unknowingly wishing some serious foreshadowing on herself. As if to alleviate her own annoyance even referencing the missing Master, hands would be gently clasped behind her back as her eyes rested on the council before her. Everything was felt by her, albeit very briefly. The padawan clearly had a grasp over her emotional capacity, and how to manage her emotions.

TAGS : Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric

Why am I here again?!

Yes, there was a reason why Caltin did not like to be in meetings like this. He did not think of himself better than anyone, but everyone and their mother acted better than him.

Caltin already knew how Master Moric looked at him, and frankly, though it was a one-time thing, his view was justified. He noticed the eyebrows from Master Sakadi, in fact, they were impossible to miss, frankly, it was surprising. Then quieting down and taking a sip of water he listened to what Master Cysgod thought of him, or at least his observation. Stopping mid-sip and blinking more than a few times, he took a gulp and another sip before putting the bottle down.

THAT’S what they took from that?

While listening to both the Shadow and the Sage in their questions and observations, Caltin firmly believed that Aayla Shan did need further teaching. However, this seemed more about finding fault in others and not really finding a solution. The solution was easy, she needed to have someone who could relay what she needed to learn in the best way she could understand. If she was the hothead she appeared to be, then she should have someone teaching her who is considered one themselves.

Now, who could it be?

Oh, ha… ha.

ZhUyygm.png

Ilwynog listened as the other Master spoke, they could sense that Master Vanagor was not pleased with their comments, it only drew a smirk to their lips as they weren't that bother by what he had said but clearly Caltin was confused or unsure what to make of their comment. It didn't matter, but perhaps something to discuss afterwards as they only meant to tease and have a joke, break up the tension of this meeting. Though that could be the issue, this was a formal meeting and Ilwynog being informal, might not be ideal but they couldn't help themselves, they hated strict formal meetings like this. Things needed to break up, people should be easy going, at least if the Jedi wanted to come across as relatable and not alienate the very people they were trying to help. Though Ilwynog's entire appearance was alienating to most.

"Following the commands and orders of superiors here, doing your tasks here, is very different to following them on the field. On the field is where you have been disobeying and taking things into your own hands. That is where my concern is, and not having your Master oversee you isn't helping things. I think that you might need to be assigned a new Master, or at least a mentor to oversee your training till your Master returns. Someone accountable to your actions and guide you forward as a Jedi, I think that will benefit you and perhaps someone level headed to counter your clearly hot headed actions." Smirking behind the helmet, Ilwynog knew that any of the Masters in the room could take on Aayla and help her out if she was willing to let them. "But I agree, forcing you to remain here on Kashyyyk isn't improving your attitude or changing the way you will act in the field, at least from my view of things."

Leaning back in their chair as they looked over to the other Masters, "I could take Aayla on, I have no Padawans currently and I think she could benefit from seeing how Jedi Shadows operate in the field and the importance of following a superior's orders when you are a Shadow as well." Ilwynog offered, while they knew that anyone could take the Padawan on, they figured they would offer since they knew they had no ties right now.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Z89V35n.png

The ghost-like image of the Sephi kept her gaze on the Padawan, eyes narrowing as Aayla corrected herself. She was no great empath, but one didn't need to be to tell that the subject was difficult for the padawan. Sakadi nodded. "I understand." If only that were the truth. A Jedi knight had been missing in action for six years. How could that happen? And more importantly, why had this never been brought to her attention?

Sakadi closed her eyes and opened her mind to the flow of the Force. Six years. How could we lose sight of a knight for six years? She hoped the Force had answers. That it could grant her insight in the matter, but a shallow dive in the Force was not enough to uncover six-year old secrets. Sorting this out would require time and effort.

Her attention shifted back to the council when Ilwynog spoke up, who conveyed the shared opinion of the four masters. Aayla would need more training under a new master.

"I agree with master Cysgod. Another master should take her under their wing, and oversee her training." The metallic voice of her translator droid echoed through the council room. "Traditionally, a more experienced Jedi would choose their own padawan. In rare circumstances, the council would assign a padawan to a knight. However…" She highly valued the traditions of the Order. But she was not stubborn enough to cling to them. "With an absent master, I imagine her training has not been ideal. Therefore I think we should let her choose her own path, by allowing her to select a master herself, instead of being chosen."

Or'Fol gave Caltin a nod of recognition when he.... Well there wasn't really an order to any of it. He would smile a bit as he listened. Even if they butted heads from time to time, at the core the seemed to hold many similar Light Side beliefs. He also agreed with Ilwynog and Sakadi, nodding as they spoke as well. The large Herglic would soon speak up, smiling a little in an attempt to calm to more serious nature of everything.

"I have to agree with my fellow Masters. In your own time, you should choose a Master to finish your training. Until you have made that choice however, assuming it take a fair amount of time, I would suggest that you be allowed to return to the field. There should be some missions approaching that, if the others agree, you could join." He would look at the others, giving a slight knowing look to them. He wasn't sure if they'd agree, but he did feel like it would help to at least open an idea up.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric

(OOC- Count this as my ONE post as promised ^.^)

Caltin looked up again, he was not in the mood for protocols anymore, nor was he concerned about the goings-on at the moment. What was going on was a bit of a mistake, a large one. The Padawan had issues that she needed to work on, to be sure, but sitting here telling her about them and reminding her of her short-comings will do nothing to fix the issues. Putting her with a Shadow will not help solve her problems, only compound them.

This is not about our opinion. This is not about a Padawan’s past, this is about putting her back on the path for a solid future with the Jedi Order. There is absolutely no question that she is loyal to the Order and ready to move forward with her life in it. You can question her past, you can worry about what she might do, but she’s been alone… yes… “alone” for six years. The Order abandoned her to her own devices, and instead of curling up into a ball… she moved along. Even when her hope was gone, she moved along.

Really? A song lyric?

You wrote it, not me.

Standing up and putting a hand on Amy’s shoulder, he looked her in the eyes.

I already have two Padawans, so officially I cannot take you on. That being said, I was abandoned by two different Masters as a Padawan, I promised myself that if I was ever Knighted, I would never allow one to go through what I did.

Apparently, I am not the most proficient Master in the Order. I am hotheaded and say things that may make sense to you, and relate to Padawans, but other Masters might find foolish, I cannot control that and will not try to. What I can do is teach in the field, I can give a better perspective that ones who need it the most would understand and excel in.

I can’t pretend to know what has happened to you, but I have been through abandonment myself. If you want, I will mentor you until you find one of your own… as long as it takes. Understand, this is not me trying to sell myself, or make myself look better than anyone else here or in the Concord as a whole, I am simply offering a potential solution to your problem, just as Master Cysgod.

Taking the handoff of her shoulder Caltin took a seat, he did not look at anyone, though it would have meaningful glances to each Master if he did. He thought nothing negative towards anyone, if he can’t control their feelings or opinions, then why dwell on them? What he did was finish his water, and make a promise right there to never attend a meeting like this again.

My own fault for thinking this time would be different… oh well.

ZhUyygm.png

With the recent revelation that Master llwynog was a shadow, she had made up her mind the second the sentence left his lips... Mouth... Well, whatever he was under that mask, as he had so quaintly noted earlier. Then again... Master Caltin seemed to be somewhat her cup of tea as well... By the Force, which of them weren't? All Masters that could teach her things she had never known, or most likely expand on the skills she already had. Though, something about her missing Master, and his last mission seemed to tug her in llwynog's direction. Shadows, if she recalled correctly were around for thousands of years. They destroyed the Sith... Period. There was little to no deliberation in what they did, seek and destroy, if you will. If it was against the Sith? Aayla could get behind that.

Alternatively, there was Master Or'Fol, someone whose knowledge of... Hell, most things, trumped many others. There was a reason he was asked by the Archive custodians before any major changes to records were changed. Master Sakadi, while voiceless, was legendary; her exploits were whispered and had even reached Aayla's ears long before today. Caltin fit that bill as well. When he spoke, she returned his gaze, locking eyes and nodding in turn with his sentences to show respect, and acknowledgement.

He flattered her, even so the padawan stood straight when he noted she hadn't shut down, chin raising in response to his spurring words. She wanted too, many times; but she didn't. She should wear that like a badge of honor, and with those words feeling like they stabbed her in her heart, she would. Even more so, his words were telling her something else as well, something hidden between the words, whether he knew it or not...

It was time to move on. It was time to focus on herself again, but their words couldn't spur her to decision now. Instead, it would be wiser to... Stretch herself between them, which gave her an idea.

Firstly, she offered the Council another respectful bow, a ninety degree arch at the small of her back, with hands at her sides.

"My Masters, your words have been enlightening, encouraging, and heartfelt; I will never forget this. And I wont let you down..." she started, returning to an erect stance. Still, who walked into the meeting, and who was standing now seemed eerily different. The words of encouragement spurring a sense of place she hadn't felt in some while.

"It would be wise for me to... Take my time with this off-.. Responsibility you're trusting me with. Instead of making a choice today, I hope to work with each of you closely in the future; perhaps that way we can all get to know one another better. With your permission, I'd like to help any, and all of you in your future endeavors; receive your guidance, and learn whatever I can to assure the our flame of hope never goes out in this galaxy."

She cleared her throat then, noting they were probably busy, she would awkwardly bow once more.

"I offer my sincere gratitude again for this audience, your wisdom, and your council." the Padawan stated, taking three steps back, then turning on heel to leave.

Unless they had anything to add, or didn't agree with her taking her time in this matter, she would walk to the exit, breaking into a jog when she was nearly out of sight, then a full fledged sprint once she was halfway down those stairs. Of course, if called however, she would stop on the spot; otherwise, she was bolting.

She wanted to go outside...

Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Ilwynog Cysgod Ilwynog Cysgod Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom