Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Completed Prefix Suggestion

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Yeah, so, I'd like to formally suggest if we could maybe get a Completed prefix for our roleplaying forums? Why? Because it's pretty, it's organized, it saves you from editing the title, change the prefix.

Now, on a different type of board, I wouldn't even be suggesting this, I'd be going about my business. But see as we have those wonderful prefixes here, I think this could really work.

Well, I offered you a like, but how about a comment endorsement?

Brought to you by the New Order
rebel-flag.jpg

Because we care.

[member="Darth Vulcanus"]

No, because it would begin making topics look uniform like skirmishes, invasions, dominions, etc. I like being able to look up old invasions with one click of my mouse.

Also, It's unnecessary. We've already got an Archive. Now we're saying that you have to finish a roleplay, change it's prefix, possibly lock it, then move it to archives.

That's like, 3 things to do to each and every thread. Right now, I do zero things. I quite like doing zero things, and I see no reason for that to change.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Yes, make everything uniform. Order in Chaos :p

But yeah, no. You're gonna archive all old threads later, anyway? And members can't post in said archives (I've tried several times, not noticing a thread was moved...). You're already doing two things. Mass select oldest threads, move to archives. The completed thing would more be for us, esthetic if you will (which in reality is all a prefix is, a nice shiny toy before the thread title), to make it neat when we're done...

While we're on the subject, "now we're saying"... completed threads are good. Unfinished threads are more oops and there's tons of reason for it. We don't have to complete threads? I'm now kind of confused... and all I wanted was pretty and make further good use...

But meh, fine. It was just an idea.

Matreya

Also. How often does the archive get used for IC threads? Cause theres still multiple rps that have been done recently but i didnt know due to not being in the archives. Heck, on my alt I recently found a thread from like a month after i joined

Lmao theres 42 pages of opened threads (from december lol) that agree with the need for a done prefix

Negative. If you create a completed prefix, you lose the ability to click on something like a Dominion prefix (which would show you all other dominions). That thread is no longer identified as a Dominion.

I have the same conversation with the Staff team about archiving threads. It too is unecessary. A function that was used heavily on freeboards.

Adding a completed prefix is, as the OP stated, nothing more than an aesthetic that would actually take us backwards in terms of productivity and utilization. It'd be nothing more than eye candy. Sorry for shutting this one down so quickly, but I'm unable to abide by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom