Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Spotlight: August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Chaos, I'm Lorelei Darke the Codex Admin. You've heard of the Codex, right? That neat little creative nook that sits above the Factory where you go to create planets, species, locations, and NPCs? Some of you are regulars - making numerous submissions a month. Many of you have never visited the Codex and I'd be willing to bet most of you have missed out on some really awesome creations made by your fellow writers. Trust me, there is a ton of cool stuff buried in there!

We at the Codex agreed it was time to shine some light on those dark little shelves and put a spotlight one some of those prime pieces of lore that we hold in high regard based on creativity, content, aesthetics, and utility. We bring to you the Codex Spotlight: a bi-monthly review of some of the Codex team's favorite submissions to share with the members at large and give you a taste of the goldmine of ideas the Chaos Memberbase has produced.

For those of you who have submitted to the Codex - thank you! We enjoy reading your stories and taking part in helping you craft your ideas for Chaos. For those of you who haven't submitted to Codex before or lately - don't be shy! The Codex is not only a place to codify your creativity, but a tool to use to help refine ideas and make them Chaos worthy.

Don't let your dreams be dreams, Chaos.

~The Codex Team

And without further ado, your August Codex Spotlight
Planets
Picked by CJs [member="Rekali the Hutt"] & [member="Taeli Raaf"]​
Corellia | Brokellia submitted by [member="Danger Arceneau"]​
It's the first of it's kind(far as I am aware), as a project to compile and show off Chaos Lore. ...Over twenty links to Chaos Canon submissions and threads. Similar/larger number of links to canon history and locations. Link to Chaos Characters and organizations focused around Corellia. A few links about the galaxy at large and the Netherworld to show the scale of what happened to Corellia, and give relevance to the Netherworld. ...Colored Template, larger sections of the template cut into subsections in a consistent and aesthetically pleasing manner, and a good array of images that are great in scope but not the point of over-saturating the submission. Overall a very powerful submission that should be considered the reference for Corellia on Chaos. I'd sooner use this submission than search Wookieepedia due to it's relevance and assortment of links if I need to find something specific.
Sangral submitted by [member="Orihime Ike"]​
A dead planet with a Lotus Eater-like force Nexus inspiring apathy rather than the Darkside or the Light. Sangral has nice potential as an exploration/excavation planet with good use of images in the "significant locations"

Species
Picked by CJs [member="Werah Unon"] and [member="Liliane Lancaster"]​
Terrotitan submitted by [member="Arumi Zy"]​
A fearsome creature - it stands unique in its non-dragonic approach to terrifying beast. The terrotitan has a very unique flavor to it with camoflauge moss layer growing on its hide and fawns that consume their own mother's tail and the carrion within her teeth while she hibernates before fleeing to the wilds. It is the first massive creature of its nature that its prey can smell coming.
Golka submitted by [member="Mia Monroe"]​
This particular submission was a long time in the works with a large amount of dev behind it. The creature itself adds nicely to the assortment of beasts found within Mandalorian territory, but where this submission really stands out is the creator's dedication to fleshing out her idea and working with the Judges through second chance when her original idea was just a bit too crazy for us. Sometimes a submission is great for its content, other times it is great for the nature process through which it reached approval. This submission does both. The golka is a great example of Chaos ingenuity meets SW canon in a bio-engineered, camo-cloaked, very scary looking hunting dog.

Locations
Picked by Former CJ [member="Judah Dashiell"] and CJ [member="Nymeria Vizsla"]​
G.S. Ruusan Orphanage & Shelter submitted by [member="Haytham Kaze"]​
The Ruusan Orphanage was picked due to its well written and thought out nature. It stood out as an uncommon sub, a general idea of an orphanage with a more sinister plot twist lying under the surface. With the large amount of slaves/orphans/Sithly orphans that can be found throughout Chaos, the submission will give an expansive place for writers to play. Well written, I look forward to seeing more from the locations in future RPs

Lesrekta submitted by [member="Dunames Lopez"]​
It's not entirely new to make capital cities, but in this style it is a first. In general, the creativity is very well done. With unique lore and backstory, and a lovely theme. The lore that is told is only as good as the writing is to back it up. A lot of content helps as well, Dunames didn't hold back. [The utility is] most definitely one of the best aspects about this. It being a public location, a metropolis, allows for it to be a unique place to roleplay at. Probably the best, or one of the best parts about this submission is its nice images which really help with visualizing the sub. Very well done here.
NPCs
Picked by RPJ [member="Reverance"] and CJ [member="Darth Prazutis"]​
Akala submitted by [member="Kael Rose"]​
This is one of those rare occasions where I don't think we'll get another submission like this. This submission is creative, high utility, and really just makes sense. It goes very well with the Chaos Lore competition and honestly, I think will see more use by the site in general than any other admission I read. Content is great, creative, lots of ingenuity.
The God Killers submitted by [member="Ardgal Raxis"]​
Reverence: "Fastest way to my heart is a good name, good visuals, and a pretty submission. This has all three as well as using vong, including force dead attributes, and including interesting weaknesses throughout. I really appreciated the use of integrated quotes to depict the nature of the God Killers. Additionally, it's hard to write a captivating NPC Unit without getting lost in the numbers. This sub did that."

There you have it. Some of our favorite submissions from the month of August. Keep creating Chaos and when you're bored, take some time to look through the various approved sections of the Codex. You never know what sort of awesome stuff you'll find!

5715.gif

Because the Factory has to decide to do a spotlight on its own. We at Codex want to draw more attention to Codex and get people to use it more by showing off all the cool things people have submitted. Factory enjoys about three times the amount of subs, use, and attention over Codex.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Lorelei Darke said:
Because the Factory has to decide to do a spotlight on its own. We at Codex want to draw more attebtion to Codex and get people to use it more by showing off all the cool things people have submitted. Factory enjoys about three times the amount of subs, use, and attention over Codex.
Challenge-Accepted-Face-11.jpg

[member="Silencia"] Oh wow thanks for the recognition, i enjoyed creating that. i rewrote a dozen parts a dozen times and still didnt catch everything i wanted to change. I need to get back into swing now that im officially no longer tied down by a significant other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom