Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Dawn Central Command
Link to Thread In Question: Here
Reason for the 2nd Chance: Got banned without ever having the chance of having the Submission Judged

Link to Thread In Question: Here
Reason for the 2nd Chance: Got banned without ever having the chance of having the Submission Judged

Link in Question:

Reason for second Chance: Was on an LOA due to Covid. Would like it moved to Pre-Codex to modify it to fit the current time.

Final Dawn Central Command
Link to Thread In Question: Yuri Orlov
Reason for the 2nd Chance: Never managed to get it past Live Judgement + plans to reuse this Submission

Link to Thread In Question:
Harold Tarkov
Reason for the 2nd Chance: Never managed to get it to Live Judgement + plans to reuse this Submission

Bonne Leolet
Reason for the 2nd Chance: Never managed to get it to Live Judgement + plans to reuse this Submission

The Commissioner

Last edited:
Submission Here

Hello, I would like to have this given a second chance.

There seems to be a disconnect between what is and is not canonically acceptable, and I don't have a desire to re-write an entire submission into becoming just Ysalamiri. I've also received a lot of mixed messages about what constitutes a "species submission" and what needs to just be "technology", and whether or not the creation of a new species derived from another one inherently needs to possess the weaknesses of the former or if it can be different.

And I don't like being accused of being sneaky. :(

Osam Osam

Greetings,

I will review this shortly.

There seems to be quite a bit to.unpack here, but, I'll grant the second request and we can see how it shakes out. I cannot promise that my opinion will differ - Though I would encourage you to be careful not to misinterpret the judge. There was no accusation of "sneakineas" merely a reminder of the function and purpose of the Codex.

In essence - You're dealing with organic creatures that often function like "technology" or some sort of bio-tech. The Codex is not equipped for balance in the same way the Factory is and therefore cannot be used as a bypass unintentionally or otherwise.

Before I pull it - I just want to kindly remind that IF it gets denied a 2nd Time it may not be resubmitted again. This decision will be final.

Would you like me to proceed?

Srina Talon Srina Talon

That's alright. I understand that the opinions of different people converge, and if you agree with the prior judgment then I'll simply have to find a different way to deal with the issue at hand.

It's possible I misinterpreted the statement of the previous judge to be negative. As with all virtual communication, it can be difficult to ascertain meaning and motive from text. The way it was written seemed to indicate that I was trying to circumvent the purpose of the technology forum, and I interpreted that negatively - in fact, it's very much made me quite the sad camper throughout today.

Since the Codex is not setup to deal with balance in quite the same way, though, and with you being the administrator in charge, let me ask you: Would you recommend that I just take it all to the Factory? I wasn't aware that only one sub-forum dealt with issues of PVP balance. I'd always kind of assumed that both operated in roughly the same way.

If not, then please proceed. If you do think it'd be best elsewhere, please let me know, and I'll just see about converting things into a Factory submission instead. I don't want to inconvenience anyone, I'm just a bit lost.

Osam Osam

That's perfectly understandable. On a writing forum misunderstandings can 100% happen. Either way - I hope my initial response has helped to clear that up.

Now - If you're making a Species it must be in Codex. There's no real way to translate that to the Factory unless you make it a Droid or a Bio-Droid which doesn't seem to fit the theme. We still balance things (PVE and PVP) when necessary but not quite in the same way as the Factory so we must be a little more diligent in the process. (Ex. We don't have clear ratings, etc, for people to rely on in PVP scenarios.)

I can't get into the review itself here but I am of the opinion that if you want to proceed it should remain a Species.

You're also not an inconvenience. Please don't think that. The denial of a submission, while unfortunate, does not inherently reflect negatively on you at all.

Just confirming - You would like me proceed?

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Thank you for clearing all of that up. I feel much better about the entire situation now. I can see now why they made you an administrator. :)

Please do proceed and thanks again for explaining everything and helping me make sense of it all.

Link to Thread In Question: ELITE Program.
Reason for the 2nd Chance: The submission was never actually reviewed, it was denied as I received a Factory/Codex ban at the time for another historic submission. I would appreciate the opportunity for this submission to actually be reviewed on its' own merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom