Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex/Factory Combined Rules

Working with the Codex and Factory judges and with site staff, [member="Spencer Jacobs"] and I have created a new ruleset for the Codex and Factory.

It can be found here: http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/the-factory/codexfactory-rules-r19or by navigating through the top 'Rules' menu.

Previously the Codex was not listed, leaving some ambiguity as to which rules applied. The rules have been edited, and a summary of changes is included below. Changes are in red.

The Codex & Factory Standardized Rules

1. Codex & Factory submissions may only be introduced into role-play threads whose start date begins after the submission's approval date.

2. There is a cap of three active or pending submissions permitted in the Codex or Factory per Writer.

3. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.

4. The entire template must be used in your submission. If you have nothing to add for a certain section, simply put ‘N/A’

5. Be aware that some items and materials are restricted or banned and cannot be used freely. Be sure to consult the list before making a submission.

6. Do not bump your submissions.

7. All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundam Wings, no Transformers.

8. All measurements in all submissions must be in metric.

9. At any point during the approval process for your submission you may apply for a Second Chance.

10. Do not post in other people’s submissions. Consult a judge if you have concerns.

11. No member may "claim" an image unless they created it themselves.

12. If the owner of the image asks you to take it down, please do so.

13. Development threads can have any topic prefix with the exception of Flagship development which must follow a specific template and use the ‘Flagship’ topic prefix.

14. Intentionally breaking these rules or attempting to mislead Judges will incur a 30 day zero tolerance ban from the Factory or Codex.

These rules are in effect from now, so be sure to carefully read the above before choosing to participate in the Codex or Factory

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I would like to point out I have used the metric system many times in submissions, and have been asked to change them...to whatever America uses O>O I dont under why I would be asked to do so if the rules state that they must be in Metric.

Valiens Nantaris said:
1. Codex & Factory submissions may only be introduced into role-play threads whose start date begins after the submission's approval date.
This is my only concern. Read as written(but we all know the perils thusly) this would give people grounds to try and bar subs in being used in Doms/Skirmishes/Faction threads or really *any* thread besides a private dev, with complications even then if the CJ or FJ wanted to push the issue. Especially with things like NPC subs, or armor subs (common combination subs) this would mean a common style of dev (at least for me) wherein the unit is 'combat tested' several times to detail just exactly the capabilities of said unit/sub/whatever is now being barred, and instead all that is available is a very dry and non dynamic style of R&D writing.

Now, granted, in the past 4-5 days i've barely slept, so I could easily be misreading this. If I am, I am sorry.

Tachon Zur-Ksi said:
What if they paid a commission for the image?
If you commission art, make sure you negotiate the rights to it as well (whether they can use it in their portfolio, whether they can apply a CC license to it, etc) - if you do not, all rights go to the artist. You only paid them for the product, not the ownership.

Most professionals are pretty cool about this and will ask, but make sure you do, too.

Ijaat Akun said:
Read as written(but we all know the perils thusly) this would give people grounds to try and bar subs in being used in Doms/Skirmishes/Faction threads or really *any* thread besides a private dev, with complications even then if the CJ or FJ wanted to push the issue. Especially with things like NPC subs, or armor subs (common combination subs) this would mean a common style of dev (at least for me) wherein the unit is 'combat tested' several times to detail just exactly the capabilities of said unit/sub/whatever is now being barred, and instead all that is available is a very dry and non dynamic style of R&D writing.
This rule is not new, and was placed to prevent trigger-finger R&D that counter well-planned invasion tactics. Its just not realistic to counter mid-thread that fast.

But... you have several options.

1. The primary objective is the most obvious. Get your stuff approved ahead of time.

2. Report Factory/Codex Judges you think are deliberately stalling your item. Bring as much evidence as you can, though - this one will be admittedly tough, but possible. (Also, don't make a big stink about it until well after Staff is involved. If we can silently investigate without a possible guilty party knowing, we'd catch them that much faster.)

3. If you don't get your stuff approved until mid-Invasion/skirmish, discuss it with your Faction Leader and have them negotiate with the opposition's faction leader. If they're kind enough to allow it, Staff won't cause an upset by stepping in to enforce this rule. Just make sure you have logs of their approval on hand in case a rogue faction member who's not in the know reports you and Staff comes knocking. Forging approval can be covered by Rule #14 here, or other various rules around the site that allow the Admins to turn up the heat on you (for all you would-be cheaters reading this).

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Please say that font thing isn't real... I might actually...

If it is real, run. It has to be the same font otherwise it just doesn't look good at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom