Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coalition Strategy (Invite)

The Mon Calamari shipyards above Dac were some of the most extensive and powerful in the galaxy. Since the Galactic Civil War they had produced great ships of war and peace for all manner of customers.

Now the Coalition needed them more than ever. Since taking control of the Coalition fleet, Admiral Stahlmann had built a considerable arsenal of ships, but it was not enough yet. Rather, he had some ideas to make his new fleet a rival to anything in the galaxy.

To this end he had put out the call for contractors, scientists and investors to make these new breakthroughs.

Either in person, through representatives, or through holo-communicator, those guests would now be showing up. Once there the Admiral would divide them into two groups to pursue his two most important plans; Project Aegis and Project Nova.

From the list of guests he had received he had already divided them into two groups on a preliminary basis. Some would invest, some would help design, some would aid in testing.

Aegis:
[member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Katrina Garnier"] [member="Ultimatum"]

Nova:
[member="Reshmar"] [member="Noah Corek"] [member="Ordo"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

And so he waited, eager to begin.

As the Forerunner came into the system Ultimatum finished his statement and sent it via holo, though it was only voice as the compartment he set himself in did not have a holo connection. He could have constructed a holo image and simply used that, but that would have required extra processing power that he found use for elsewhere. He had found an amusing set of music to listen to, an ancient volume from some time in organic history before the creation of synthesized music. He had entertained himself during the flight with the music and attaching it to memories he had saved. The message read: "This is Ultimatum aboard the Forerunner, coming in from Mustafar. If suitable space could be found for my ship we can talk face to face. If not then this will suffice I hope. I trust I am not too late."

He was very much looking forward to working alongside others for this work. He hadn't done much in quite some time in regards to constructing new technology. He hoped he hadn't gotten rusty in that time. He hadn't worked on ships of large sizes, his experience with ships in general was somewhat minute, however he had created many theoretical ships within his memory banks.

[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Tian Reshmar stood looking out over the production lines of the East Shipyards with pride. The past had seen the glory that was Dac's orbital yards decimated on more than one occasion. Now here in his generation the yards were once again at peak production and churning out beautiful vessels and technology every day. His work with Admiral Aquer in recent days had shown him that the spirit and pride the Mon Calamari put into their industry is second to none in the galaxy. Building the best is what we do.

The new designs he had presented Tesh Aquer would aid in boosting the already lucrative shipyards and create a constant positive cash flow for the industry. Those designs were not special, they were meant to pay the bills and free up resources for the more impressive and meaningful research. The galaxy could have the civilian lines and tech, now was time to concentrate on the Coalition. Time to break out the good toys and make something revolutionary for the forces of the Coalition and the Mon Calamari.

"Sir it is time."

Said one of his aids standing behind him. This meeting would be the catalyst of the future of Coalition technology and shipbuilding. Some of the best minds were attending and from what he had heard of these people he would be witness to the most creative collection of ideas ever put forth. The future of the Coalition and Mon Calamari were bright indeed and Reshmar would be one of these mind who ignite the spark of progress and innovation.

"Very well lieutenant, let us be going then, I do not want to be late."

[member="Ultimatum"]

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge

Noah sighed as he sat in a board room doing something that the room described the mood he was in. Bored. He had been contacted by this new 'Silver Sanctum Coalition' to help with something that they described as 'Project Nova'. Honestly Noah never really cared for either the Levantines nor the Silver Jedi, sure he had been hired by them at one point but that was for money. Well this time it was for money but it was a less enjoyable activity.

Sitting in a pretty comfy chair in a board room was something pretty low on his list of things to be doing. But when the words 'lucrative contract' were thrown out by the person who contacted him, he could say no. So now here he sat, with Gideon sitting to his right and Ilona sitting to his left.

Aegis:
Taeli Raaf Lucien Cordel Gerion Ardik Katrina Garnier Ultimatum

Lucien due to his ... persuasion was not in the best position to attend a meeting in the Silver Sanctum Coalition, not in person anyway. Due to his nature as a rather low key sith he was however able to attend by proxy. in this case his assistant Shim who would be his eyes ears and voice in the meeting while he stayed at home and communicated via earpieces. When he had heard talk of this project down the grape vine he had justifiably been intrigued this investment opportunity had great promise and would certainly be good for business.

Shim it seemed was the second person to arrive in team Aegis. That was a good place to be not to early but at no risk of being accused of lateness. The other present member of the team was rather an enigma 'Ultimatum' was attending via holo and if that wasn't intriguing enough he didn't project an image. Shim didn't know the name and neither did lucien, who assumed it was a code name going by what appeared to be an attempt, a notably successful one it seemed, to secure anonymity

Team Aegis

Taeli found it funny in a way that she seemed to constantly be in Silver Sanctum space as of late. One would think she would be in Republic space, but between visits and helping with a few unruly neighbors, she was still in Silver space when a message had arrived asking for her to rendezvous at the Mon Calamari shipyards.

Well, intrigued and especially because of the content of the message and who sent it, she had arrived a bit earlier than others so she had arranged a quick tour of the facilities and was just now arriving at the meeting place for those working on or interested in Project Aegis. Opening the door, she noticed one individual sitting there with an earpiece so clearly a go between and a non-image holo.

"Guess I'm a little late," she said apologetically. "Although I notice we are still waiting on our host to let us know what exactly this project is."

Sitting down across from the one actual person there, she pulled out a datapad and started going over some reading material.

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Noah Corek"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Reshmar"]

The Admiral soon appeared before the two sectioned groups.

“Good day, thank you all for coming. Anyone coming to this later will receive the briefing notes, so it’s no problem if we start immediately.”

“The Coalition has been designing new ships to defend its territory. I am interested in adapting two pieces of old technology to modern means.

The first is Project Aegis which will be redeveloping and adapting molecular shielding for modern applications. This technology was used by the old Galactic Empire on a small scale. I want to refound it and develop it for modern use. Ultimately my goal will be to equip capital ships with it.

The second is Project Nova which will be looking at greatly scaling down an old instrument of terror, the Conqueror Laser. I am not going to create a weapon which can destroy planets or render them uninhabitable. Thus, this weapon will be equivalent of 1/64th the scale of those ancient weapons. Even at that scale though I envision is being able to piece spaceship shields with ease and destroy warships.

Those are my two projects. Are there any questions before we begin or go any further?”

Suffice it to say the Admiral had assessed to the limits of possible IC knowledge the identity of those in the room or soon joining them.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Lucien Cordel"] | [member="Katrina Garnier"] | [member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] | [member="Noah Corek"]

Not but a single moment before the meeting formally started, the mechno-chair that had wandered into the room previously came online. The Tion Cluster, now a vibrant part of the Silver Sanctum, decidedly had a stake in defense of the territory. What passed for leadership among the Tionese had elected to send one Gerion Ardik to observe and coordinate the addition of Tionese funds to the project. Of course, running the affairs of a droid company and the legal department of an Outer Rim corporatocracy left little time for travel. Thus he had a mechno-chair with a hologram projector dispatched.

Normally Gerion would have scorned the idea of helping Silver Jedi, but he wagered their intermingling with the Levantines could produce some redeemable traits... However few there could be. He did not recognize most of the people present, save for the automaton he sold droids to and Corek- that peddler of primitive firearms. In any event, the development of molecular shielding sounded lovely.

"I have no questions."

"Neither do I." He smiled to himself, he thought he could recognize that voice. Ardik, a very important man to Ultimatum. One of the few who seemed to understand Ultimatum, at least so far as criminal activities were concerned. He didn't recognize many others, but then that was to be expected with Ultimatum spending most of his time on Mustafar.

He was looking forward to this job, he had never really looked at the technology behind shields. Most of his time was spent building droids or handling some official problem, however the information coming from the HoloNet suggested that molecular shielding would be quite helpful for droids and at the same time very interesting to rebuild. He was already looking through information on the shielding type and uses. He ordered the droid brain controlling the ship to stop movement and to open for additional information and processing. Ultimatum converted much of the brain temporarily into an extra computer system. He began calculating large ships with the molecular shielding and defining necessary power requirements and spacial proportions. This was going to be interesting.

[member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Noah Corek"] [member="Reshmar"]

Shim chuckled as the new arrival spoke "Not late just not early ... and yes our host is rather the enigma isn't he?"

As if on cue their host materialised to run through his project. It all seemed rather high tech she didn't understand how it would be done but she knew it would be costly and this was where lucien could assist. Making nice things cost money even for jedi. Whilst none of the others had fielded questions Lucien had one. "I do have one question Admiral, What will we as contributors get out of this ?" Lucien was not helping here out of the good of his heart and pretending otherwise was foolish, Lucien wanted something out of this just to say that he had extracted a pound of flesh, he did have a reputation to uphold back home.

[member="Ultimatum"] , [member="Gerion Ardik"] , [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] , [member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Lucien Cordel"] @Ultimatum @Gerion Ardik [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]

"No questions really," Taeli said as Admiral Stahlmann explained what he hoped to get out of Project Aegis. Looking over at the woman that was most likely speaking on behalf of a benefactor, Taeli could understand why the question was being asked. Most people wouldn't bother with the whole development side of things unless credits or other favors were in play.

She, on the other hand, was much more interested in just getting into the development herself. She liked to learn about new things after all, and learning about and adapting molecular shielding technology would be a huge boon. A shield that could absorb an enemy's attacks and convert that energy into a power source for one's own weaponry was a fascinating idea on a capital ship scale, and lower. If applied properly, it could provide a boost to firepower and processing power and oh so many other things.

"Admiral, would it be at all possible for myself to help the development team on a first hand basis, I do like to tinker every so often."

Bit of an understatement as she was usually working along side her company's engineers in developing the tech they sold and developed.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Gerion Ardik"]

Noah rubbed his chin when the Admiral entered. Like always Noah had done research on everyone in the room. Taeli Raaf, formerly Rae, long-lost sister of Corvus Raaf, someone Noah had actually met and was one of the few Jedi he actually trusted, he adopted parents were Lorridan and Mandalorian. Former Sith and now a Jedi Master, she owned a company, Noah believed but hadn't had time to research which one.

Next there was the robot, not really much Noah could glean from him. Name was Ultimatum and he was the Lord of Mustafar. Ah, Noah remembered when the Protectorate had taken Mustafar. He had hated it, zombies creatures everywhere and the heat.

Next was this 'Shim' woman. Obviously not a big player, he would know more about he if she was. A little background search found she was on the payroll of one Lucien Cordel. Now that ruffled Noah's feathers the wrong way. Former Fringer and now a Fed. Honestly the fact that he was only funding this venture made Noah a little less tense, only a little though.

Of course there was Gerion Adrik. This guys former and current allegiances read like a damn grocery list. Former Sith, Former Dark Jedi, current Fed and a member in the very shadowy organization known as the Tion Hegemony.

Of course finally you had the host. Admiral Friedrich Stahlmann. Out of everyone in the room this was the man Noah probably respected the most. Former Republic Admiral with multiple naval engagements against the Empire and the One Sith under his belt he had most likely gleaned enough experience from these battle to effectively fight the Sith, making him probably the foremost tactician against.

Some might ask how Noah knew all this. Well having MICO, one of the largest intel gathering agencies in the galaxy, at his fingertips and being a former Republic SFD officer who many current SFD operators and current GIA operatives owed A LOT of favors to sometimes came in handy.

"Why am I needed here? It wasn't exactly specified. You've got people both richer and more qualified to build these things." Noah stated plainly.

[member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Noah Corek"]

The Admiral listened to the questions, each in turn.
"Ms Shim, what investors will get for this is of course monetary compensation. Since that is not enough I will be able to provide you all with a working prototype and the ability to purchase more of these as well."

"Master Raaf, you would be welcome to do so if you wish. I trust since you are suggesting it that you have a good enough grasp of the science and theory involved to make a contribution. Thank you."

"Mr Corek, the reason I want people like you is that you can provide me the practical experience necessary. Many researchers lack the experience using such technology in person. You will, I hope, help give insight to the project and in your case make the Nova Cannon a practical weapon."

"Is there anything else before we begin?"

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Reshmar sit quietly while questions were asked and answers were give. The majority of the participants seemed to be more involves in the Aegis project them Nova. This made sense, the Molecular shielding would be the more costly and difficult project to engineer. Most of the work had been done for the Nova project group it was just their job to miniaturize the technology. He listened to each talk working out in his mind who the people were. Of course he knew Admiral Stahlmann. He had not personally meet any of the others but knew most of them by reputation. It was an eclectic group but he could see why the people had been chosen. Each offered something to the projects none of the others did. Be it money or real world experience with testing or engineering the group was well suited for what the Admiral had in mind.

Stahlmann finished addressing the questions of the group and ask for any further questions. Reshmar thought about asking a few questions that had come to mind so far. He then thought it better to just sit and wait to see what the Admiral had in mind before he address any of his concerns. He made a note of what he would ask later if anyone else in the group did not or Stahlmann did not address them in the meeting.

And so Siobhan quantum tunnelled into the dev thread through the power of handwavium to make fake money. Well, she did not teleport into the room. Rather a holographic projection materialised inside it, thanks to the wonders of modern technology that enabled you to conduct business and communicate despite being light years away. That was always very convenient.

She looked across the room when she beheld who else was there. Some she knew, some she had heard about, some she did not know due to the fact that she lacked magical meta knowledge. "My apologies for being late. I was held up," she spoke smoothly, addressing the admiral. As usual she was beautifully dressed in an elegant suit. We shall presume that she received the briefing notes about the project, namely the molecula shielding and the super laser, so that Stahlmann would not have to summarise it all again!

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Reshmar"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Noah Corek"] [member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Lucien Cordel"]

The Admiral nodded in appreciation at Siobhan Kerrigan’s arrival. Her presence was welcome, even if it was via holo.

“So, I think we have everything arranged and settled here. I will be turning matters over to my two research teams. They will, with your assistance, help develop these items. I will be staying in touch with both development teams to ensure there are no problems.”

(And now we move to two separate threads. If anyone has any issues or questions PM me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom