Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Co-Tamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/110/640x405_19039_Alien_dog_3d_sci_fi_creature_dog_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Name: Co-Tamp

Designation: Semi-Sentient

Homeworld: Umbrella Labs

Language: Understand Basic, No spoken Language

Average height of adults: 112 centimeters tall

Skin color: Natural; Mixtures of green, can change shade of skin slightly to blend in

Hair color: Reptilian Scales

Breathes: Type 1 atmosphere

Strengths:
-Loyal: Always listens to master and owner, due to exclusive bond.
-Chameleon Skin: Can change coloring of skin allowing it to blend into multiple environments
-Basic Understanding: Can understand Basic commands in galactic basic at birth
Weaknesses:
-Prone to Killing: Often kills target unless properly trained
-Sentiant Loyalty: Very difficult to train after owner dies, often becomes distant and sometimes suicidal.
-Require Long Rests: Because of their fast metabolism making them quick, these creatures require a lot of food and rest between missions.
-Trained When Young: They require long training before being able to hunt properly.

Distinctions: Reptilian Scales, and Long Hind Legs.

Average Lifespan: 25 years

Races: None, genetically same

Estimated Population: 2,000~

Diet: Metabolism digest nearly all meats and plants, requires lots of proteins.

Communication: Hive Mind Central Brain

Culture: None

Technology level: Owners Equal

General behavior: Kind to owner from Birth, distrusting of others. They have a predictor habit of seeking prey, though prefer the compaionship of a owner or master then the hunt itself. Bonds well with sentient life and has a life long connection with only one person until death.

History:
Umbrella Interest needed to test their new Genome Cylinder to figure out what was possible and what wasn't. The first series of test ended in failure due to genetic abnormalities. Though when The company's head, Jaster Awaud, found genetic markers in multiple sub-species on multiple planets, he got scientist to start their trials. After months of work the first Co-Tamp was created with the genetic DNA of a Krayt Dragon, Anoobas, and Guarlara. The DNA was manipulated with the Krayt Scales, the shape of a Anoobas, and the domestic ease of a Guarlara. The species name was given because of the combination of Company and Trappers for the number of species there were captured for the trials. They were first released in captivity where breeding and habits were closely monitored. Though trainers were surprised how quickly basic commands were picked up. Eventually trainers were switched out per company policy with need of basic trainers for other experiments. New trainers were often injured when confronted with the creatures and scientist concluded that baby Co-Tamp's created bonds with Humanoid sentients.

After a few years of captivity breeding, the population grew from 20 genetic marker types to 200 genetically different branches. The population was now in the ball park of 2,000 adult Co-Tamp's. They sometimes traveled in packs, and held mates for life, even after a mates death. Scientist believe this is also connected to the creatures bonding to a single sentient life. Though Co-Temps still had strong bonds with Umbrella Trainers and Scientist that after a few years, Co-Temps were often found wondering the halls of Umbrella Facility's. Later test showed that Co-Temps were able to darken or lighten their green skin tone, this was an ability that had nothing to do with the genetic manipulation of the company. There was a mistake where the Krayt metabolism and the Anoobas ferocity was apparent. This was uncontrollable by the scientist and would be closely studied for better results in future trials.

The Co-Tamp biology was created from various animals from two distinct planets. This caused scientist to admitidly realize there would be side effect of the unknown. Some side effects were that Co-Temps were very loyal to their trainers and owners. After continuous study's, Umbrella Staff traced the genetic trait to the use of genes from Domesticated Guarlara. This unseen trait was added to the multitude of other traits, such as hostility to other sentient life, was a left over trait from the Anoobas. Another anomaly was the creatures ability to understand basic commands, theories arose that this was due to the effects of having a Biologic Chip implanted inside the creatures brain. A Bio-Chip alteration during early stages of embryonic conceptionp was implanted in the original 20 from the Genome Cylinders. The Genome Cylinder implants these chips with the ability to communicate thought and exsperianced between the same species. It is then implanted into their DNA to continue this process and thus Umbrella Scientist created a generation after generation capable of keeping the experiences of their parents and species. Umbrella staff call it the subconscious "Hive Mind", this was later proved as many of the Species show same traits and ability a of the previous parents and herd. This range of subconscious hive mind is limited to within a singular planet. Pups, or adults from two separate worlds will not be able to exchange through the subconscious hive mind.

The Co-Tamp is now a trusted protection animal of the Company and most adults at placed with company security. Though as new pups are born, Umbrella sometimes sells them to Bounty Hunter, Poachers, and Exotic Collectors. The Animal is a new breed of the possibility of the Umbrella BioTech Operations.

Notable Player-Characters: None

Intent: Genetics test for the Umbrella Genome Cylinder. Umbrella Corporate Police addition along with other security needs.

Genome Cylinder: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/57799-genome-lab-cylinder/

Jaster of Clan Awaud said:
-Loyal: Always listens to master and owner
How is this explained biologically?

Can change tent of skin
Minor typo here :)

-Basic Understanding: Can understand Basic commands in galactic basic at birth
As with the first, how is this explained biologically?

-Prone to Killing: Often kills target unless properly trained
This is n't a substantial weakness, you may keep it but I'd like you to add one more. Alternatively you could swap it out with something else.

Communication: Hive Mind Central Brain
Could you explain this a bit in the history portion of the submission? This could also explain their ability to understand basic commands at birth and loyalty to the owner, if described properly. 3-4 sentences should suffice.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Could you please introduce spaces between the paragraphs of your submission's history, as well as between 'History' and 'Notable Player-Characters' and 'Intent'? Thanks.

I want one line of space between each paragraph of your submission's history. Right now it looks like a big block. We don't do big blocks on forums because it's not fun to read like that while staring at a screen. :)

Yes, that is. My apologies for the wait. I am well-known as a terrible human being.

Alright, as with understanding commands at birth? If it's an implanted chip, then that wouldn't be 'from birth', that's an alteration. Kind of semantics at this point, I'm aware, but please specify this.

-Loyal: Always listens to master and owner

Alright, this? I think I see what needs to happen here, what you're trying to get at. Your Co-Tamp basically imprint on/bond with their master/owner shortly after birth, which is entirely an acceptable explanation for why they would always listen, in my opinion. So I'd just make the above phrase like this:

-Loyal: Always listens to master and owner, due to imprinting within hours after birth.

or

-Loyal: Always listens to master and owner, due to exclusive bond.

Whatever jives best with the rest of your submission!

Alright. This has taken longer than it should've, but I believe we're good to go. Consider this submission stamped with my approval, pending secondary approval from one of the higher-ups.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom