Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clone Madness

Marmora

M
I've been taking a look at some of the clone characters and I've noticed something. I do not believe if I remember correctly, that I've seen mention of Clone Madness in the bios of clone characters. The article on it states that it is an affliction that befalls all clones, causing psychosis in which they part with reality. Even in that horrid Force Unleashed 2 game they go through how all the Starkiller clones are destroyed or disposed of because of their affliction of Clone Madness.

I suppose my question here, or comment is; why isn't it used as much as it should be?

My first thought is that maybe a scientist solved that particular issue over the past 800 or so years since Starkiller, but that would be the only explanation I can think of off the top of my head. I could also be wrong about that, but that's my two cents :p

Marmora

M
The article doesn't specify between a regular clone and force sensitive clone. It states that Clone Madness was an affliction to all clones. Likewise the clones of the Grand Army were nearly completely phased out either by or before the Battle of Hoth. The only remaining Jango clones were in the 501st. Many of the Imperial Stormtroopers and GAR clones suffered from degenerative problems, both physical and mental which is why they were being phased out after 20 years of service.

Good thing I planned this out accordingly (I'm going to make Kallion even more insane later) but the clone troopers did not suffer from this, some of them did but not all of them. But it was more of "my best friend just got killed" more than anything.

Zarkana said:
It states that Clone Madness was an affliction to all clones.
It's an affliction that is possible to show up in all clones. Grand Admiral Thrawn used Ysalamir to counter this by cutting off the Force from his clones growing for his personal 501st legion and many of them were perfectly fine. He could even speed up the process to create them in like 21 days. If a clone is Force sensitive, it has an extremely high chance of going insane like Joruus C'baoth or Luuke Skywalker.

But, it's been hundreds of years since major cloning was done so I'd expect scientists to have made major breakthroughs since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom