Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[CIS] A Mandate's Consequences - Eriadu Assimilation

The Eriaduan people were a proud and stubborn folk, with tales of their staunch and stern principles trickling with effect through the stories of old. From great and powerful men as Wilhuff Tarkin and Arcosius Nargath to the current folk. They honored strength, intelligence and above all: their principles. Like perhaps the Mandalorians, they valued power and strength, but also like the Mandalorians, they valued strength of character and wisdom in both words and actions.
Their principles had been betrayed, their ideals challenged by an Ursurper, one not of their own kin and certainly not of their own volition. For eons, they had maintained their neutral stance and whenever a greater force, a greater faction would take hold of their system, they had managed to ensure their own neutrality and their safety. But this, this was different. Their leadership was gone, they seemed to have none to turn to and when the diplomats arrived, it seemed that there was not much choice than to accept the conditions of the assimilation of the Eriadu system.
However, all this...rested upon one vital, key point: That there 'was' no leadership present, but as all great factions in the galaxy always had to remember, was that because it wasn't present, it did not mean it did not exist.

A single fleet, consisting primarily out of ships built and designed by people on and from Eriadu, dropped out of hyperspace, precariously flying through space under an Eriaduan flag, a private flag of House Nargath with a turtleshell emblem painted upon each ship to allude to their unity as the Testudo fleet. This fleet had been build up and maintained by the former Princeps of the Corporate Protectorate, former Magister Quaestor and foremost political and financial power within the Eriadu system: Marquis Credius Arcossius Nargath.

Though perhaps not a fleet comparable to that of a major faction or any of the Imperial fleets of the Sith Empire, these ships were new, fresh and without scars or botched repairs. They were the proving ground of the military wing of the Nargath Holdings, a privateer fleet with the sole purpose of proving the ships' worth and get possible customers' interest. However, they now also served as the systems only defense against potential invaders and the invaders would come, there was no doubt about it, they would come in full force if they heard about the very possibility of something not going according to plan.

"We're nearing the planet Eriadu, sir," Commander Harmon noted from aboard the bridge of the HNS Arcosian, the Princeps Class Heavy battlecruiser which the Marquis had intended to bring to the Corporate Protectorate for inspection and potential sales, before he had heard the ill-timed news that Eriadu had signed a treaty with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. He had known that they were encroaching upon his homeworld, but had at least hoped that he'd be present when a&ny treaty of pact would've been signed. This was an error he himself might've avoided if he had decided to keep someone besides his incompetent brother as his intendant during his absence, an issue he was clearly going to rectify.

"Shall we deploy the squadrons, milord," Harmon waited rather anxiously for the tall man's response, yet could only see the silverhaired man looking out of the transparisteel windows of the bridge with a cold, but somehow inexplicably pensive expression upon his face. "Delay that, Commander Harmon," The Marquis, a tall and surprisingly fit looking man for his age, well-dressed in his regal attire consisting out of a romex three piece suit, the family heirloom and a long purple cape with pauldrons, walked over to a central console at the bridge, pressing a few buttons before sending out his image over a frequency on the holonet. "To any and all who think they have control over my precious homeworld and who dare to decide for themselves to erase my people's neutrality based on a treaty not acknowledged by me or some document not signed by myself in concordance to our Eriaduan tradition, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marquis Credius Arcosius Nargath of House Nargath, Chairman and owner of the Nargath Holdings and as the leading member of the Eriadu noble families and owner of the Eriadu Manufacturing Shipyards...I declare right here and right now, that you have no validation for your illegitimate usurpation of our system."

With his chin held high on the image, giving off an air of superiority and arrogance, but also the unmistaken traits of one of noble birth and of sound mind, Credius delivered his lines cordial and somewhat coldly, his voice booming as the broadcast could also be heard upon the Eriadu news network, across homes within the system, showing exactly that the Eriadu leadership was now...present.

"Negotiations and terms for a treaty shall only be done within my presence, thus from this point forward...if you wish to resolve this peacefully and wish to stake claim to my home, I respectfully demand to organize a meeting with representatives of the Confederacy of Independent systems."

Outfit: Black Sorceress
Tag: [member="Credius Nargath"]

Vytal Noctura crossed her arms. "I appreciate your passion, gentlemen, but I was bathed in the 'Force' since the moment I was born. If we can forego a display of superiority and get to the matter at hand?" It wasn't that they were refusing to comply with her request. However, there were those obviously... curious whether the Confederacy was actually as strong as they'd appeared. Some wondered if those in power hadn't made a mistake "kneeling" to the Dark Lords of the "Independent Systems." Unfortunately, the Nightsister was not a silver-tongue diplomat here to assure them their genitals hadn't shrunken ten fold. Nor was she terribly interested in being the one to cause said shrinkage -- she was absolutely confident in her ability to emerge on top in any 'duel.'

As they stood there trying to get to the research Vytal sought to orchestrate, some manner of disturbance arose nearby. Several occupying the control center began to cluster before a broadcast popped onto the center, large screen all in the room could see and hear quite clearly.

"To any and all who think they have control over my precious homeworld and who dare to decide for themselves to erase my people's neutrality based on a treaty not acknowledged by me or some document not signed by myself in concordance to our Eriaduan tradition, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marquis Credius Arcosius Nargath of House Nargath, Chairman and owner of the Nargath Holdings and as the leading member of the Eriadu noble families and owner of the Eriadu Manufacturing Shipyards...I declare right here and right now, that you have no validation for your illegitimate usurpation of our system. Negotiations and terms for a treaty shall only be done within my presence, thus from this point forward...if you wish to resolve this peacefully and wish to stake claim to my home, I respectfully demand to organize a meeting with representatives of the Confederacy of Independent systems."

Bright eyes shifted from the screen back to those in her presence. Calls about the various ships this noble had happily brought into the system were sent about the chamber, no doubt a show of force -- because picking a fight would be most ill-advised. The Nightsister uncrossed her arms and stared into the eyes of the senior officer present. "You will ensure the vessels left in orbit to see that all of your planet's needs are met have contacted Genonosis about this development." When they began to protest Vytal stepped closer to them with a slight lift of her chin. "You will do this as he is a noble of your planet. Take responsibility, or demonstrate that the Confederacy is better off not allowing your self rule seeing that you cannot in fact rule. In the meantime, as a representative of the Confederacy, open a channel with that vessel."

Once the channel was opened, Vytal stared into the screen with the same disposition as any high noble. No one looked down on a Nightsister. "This is Mistress Vytal Noctura of the Mandragora, Moirai of the Fates of Midnight, Nightsister of Dathomir, and Daughter of the Fanged God. You can be assured your request has been forwarded to the Confederacy command. In the meantime, perhaps you could enlighten me as to the breakdown in political or social capital that has occurred where you feel slighted in not attending negotiations."

Purp-Dranq.gif
Location: The Veil | Tags: [member="Credius Nargath"] [member="Vytal Noctura"] | Wearing: This
Piercing through shadow and darkness, the twisting void of Space shimmered and folded as the War Vessel fell from Hyperspace. It was unseen by eyes or sensors and left nothing to notice, yet still The Veil came upon this fleet with such a might that it may have intended to swallow it whole. In one moment, the darkness of space faltered and was replaced with pristine silver and azure. There were three ships which seemed to have been molded from the very fabric of the universe, each one more magnificent than the last. The two Whitestar Battlecruisers loomed rather stoically back behind The Veil. They were massive, yet even their bodies were nothing when compared to the Dreadnaught that stood at the lead.

Darth Malphas sat silently aboard his warship. The ebony and crimson armor he wore sent whispers into his mind that he was working to ignore. They would not serve him, not yet at least. The Sith Lord sat upon his command throne with his eyes shut to the commotion around him. He had been preparing to settle a border dispute on Enos when this upstart raised this commotion over Eriadu.

The Sith was in a foul mood. His presence in the Force created a weight that rained upon the shoulders of his deck officers. They moved faster and more efficiently just so that they would not have to suffer his wrath. When finally the final stealth field had fallen, the Commander of the ship approached the Sith Lord warily. "My lord?" He called over to the Exarch.

Malphas' eyes snapped open. Vibrant amethyst orbs drank the man in, yet he said nothing to the Commander. Instead he raised a hand to silence him. He did not need to be told that which he already knew, it would only drag this mess out even longer than it should be.

"Who is this trash, that places himself over the will of the Vicelord?" The Exarch spoke softly. His voice was considerate, as if he was well invested in the answer to the question.

The ship's Commander cleared his throat before turning his eyes to a sheet of paper in his hand. "Marquis Nargath. He is the Head of House Nargath of Eriadu and-"

"Enough." Malphas rose from his seat, before stepping forward and gesturing towards the holoemitter.

"Open a communication line to the lead vessel." Those piercing amethyst eyes gazed out of the viewport while the Exarch rested a hand upon the side of his cheek. He looked out into the darkness for a single moment, his eyes gazing at those ships that had dared to stand in the way of progress. How they reminded Malphas of his past. Insignificant. He scoffed before turning back to the holoemitter. Just then he felt the Dark Side lash out. It coursed through his body like the very blood that gave him life and even still it felt far more important than any mere crimson liquid. The Exarch gazed out for a moment before clearing his throat and gesturing to the communications droid. The red flash washed over him, presenting his being to both [member="Credius Nargath"] and [member="Vytal Noctura"].

His words were clear and concise. His meaning was impossible to misunderstand.

"The planet of Eriadu and the accompanying system are under the jurisdiction of The Confederacy of Independent Systems, per the peace agreement which brought Eriadu into The Confederacy. I am told there is a man of noble blood, Credius Nargath, who leads this unsanctioned movement." The Exarch crossed his arms while placing a hand upon his chin.

"Lord Nargath I am a more patient man than my Master. That is why I am allowing you a choice. There are two roads before you and only two." He held up two fingers to indicate as much.

"The first option is you will immediately and unconditionally surrender your fleet to my custody. You will then present yourself to me and we will handle this properly."

"The second option is in four minutes the rest of my fleet will come from hyperspace. We will completely annihilate you and all who stand with you. You will fight very bravely and die very quickly."

"This is my deal, Lord Nargath."

"You have four minutes."

With that the connection to the holofeed was cut and the Exarch would return to his own command throne.

Equipment: lightsaber in bio, hidden within robes at all times.

The marquis looked at the holographic projector, his cold, silvery white eyes looking at the image that was displayed before him; a woman, in appearnce not even half his age, spewing out a lithany of titles before coming to the point. It was rather annoying to hear such prattle about forwarding his demands for a peaceful negotiation of the terms to some far flung high command. "My dear Lady Noctura, as I am the employer of over half this system's inhabitants, I believe it more than ratified to argue the legitimacy of any document or treaty signed by the collective group of incompetent fools and spineless twats you are most likely in contact with right at this moment," A slight grin crept upon his face as one of his mouth's corners curled slightly upward. "Their redundancy has already been mentioned many times before by the former autarch and within his absence, I do believe that the leadership and decision making in this regard does fall well into my jurisdiction."

Alas, while he was thinking that there was a good chance of this being run on a diplomatic route, allowing for a speedy and peaceful resolution without any hitches, the appearance of a man clad within a particularily fine looking armor both shocked and infuriated the Marquis to no end. One glance was enough to know that this was not just some ordinary person, this was a monster, perhaps even more so than the marquis himself. Barely managing to keep himself together and thus barely able to retain the masking upon himself, only a swift shimmer of amber passed through the marquis' silver eyes as he stared into the quite soulless eyes of this new attendee to the discussion.

The words uttered by this man though, were not of peaceful intention or of any diplomatic merrit. It was a request of unconditional surrender, one Credius just detested, but had to admit that one would not utter such words without truly having the capacity of delivering upon their promise. Turning to Commander harmon, the marquis requested the man to prepare something for him, all the while turning his attention back to the woman who was now yet again the only one on the holofeed. "As demanded by your superior, I will reluctantly for now relinquish control to all ships to the Confederacy of Independent Systems." With that being said, the man removed himself from the holofeed as well, all he had to do now was to repond to the man's threatening disposition.

"As per your demand, I have relinquished any and all control to my fleet, I shall await the coordinates for where I am supposed to go."

[member="Vytal Noctura"] [member="Adron Malvern"]

Tag: [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Adron Malvern"]

Vytal listened to the man speak, as she'd invited him to in the effort of someone having an itchy trigger finger. That this Marquis employed half the planet, however, hardly seemed justification for him being involved in a decision of government. Then again, Offworlders had strange customs, especially when it came to business and governing. With how these people on the planet acted this 'complication' and 'oversight' wasn't terribly shocking. Perhaps someone hoped to cut the Marquis out of the deal -- after all, he only employed half, which left competition.

Now, as to the matter of those presently in her company, the Nightsister hardly felt the need to defend them. Were they so incompetent and spineless? Perhaps. She hardly knew them. They tried to pretend they were anything but, however those where the shoe fit best often did.

Then the Marquis got to the absent Autarch and proclamation of his rightful role in their stead. Vytal could sympathize, though she wondered if it were as simple as the man claimed it to be. Had someone on the planet proclaimed far more authority than they rightfully had, or should the Confederacy expect some armed effort to keep the Marquis out of this arrangement?

And before they could go any further one of the two worst people to get involved cut in on the conversation. As Adron himself pointed out, he was the patient one -- this did not mean the Marquis was fortunate by any stretch, however. No, Adron made his position quite clear and didn't care how many customs or traditions were violated, nor how many faux pas were committed. Should she feel fortunate to have seen his "good side" when he visited the Castle? Not really. Vytal had shown him the same respect he'd shown her -- and fortunately they'd begun on the right foot. The Marquis hadn't that luxury.

Once the feed was cut, both man seeing fit to terminate their connection without so much as a 'by your leave,' the Nightsister pivoted and headed straight for the door. "Prepare to lift off," she shot over a comm channel. "Request the Vicelord's ship allow us to join him during 'negotiations.'"

"If they refuse?"

"Then remind the Vicelord's ship that the Mandragora do not dabble in party tricks, and could be of service during negotiations," Vytal snapped the commlink off as she rounded on the exit. Before departing, however, she looked back at the gaggle of officers nearby. "You," she pointed at the one in charge again, "with me."

With ramrod posture, the man puffed out his chest and declared, "We are members of the Confederacy. Not its slaves."

Vytal stopped in the doorway for just a second before green mist billows forth and was sent streaming across the distance as she threw her hand out at the man. Twin billowing, smoke-like streams swept about the uniformed officer's body and began to lift him into the air. Shrill shrieks filled the chamber. As did cries of alarm and then pain from the man caught in the turbulent grasp.

"Wait! Wait," he cried. "I'm not-- I'm not the one you want. I know who you want." They'd want whoever was responsible or the closest person that could shoulder the blame, right? Of course they would. Someone that might be the subject of that Exarch's ire. It was not him, and there'd be no point in dying for them if all they'd done is jeopardize everything in a fool's gambit to out maneuver Nargath.

The green mist whipped the man down and forward so Vytal could peer into his eyes. Her fingernails dug into the flesh of his jaw as she took hold of him. "Tell me their name. And tell me where they can be found."

Purp-Dranq.gif
[member="Vytal Noctura"] | [member="Credius Nargath"]
Darth Malphas' fingers had been rhythmically tapping the side of his throne, yet again his eyes were closed to the world around him. He had so deeply dipped himself into the nether of the Force that seconds became hours and thoughts became reality. His eyes shot open as the Commander to his fleet approached him. This time the Commander knew better than to try and inform the Exarch of that which he knew. Instead he simply said one thing,

"Orders?"

"Order the fleet to stand down. Have a shuttle sent to retrieve Credius Nargath and see him escorted to my meeting hall." The Commander saluted the Exarch in a crisp fashion. Before the man could move, the skies around the ship exploded with a massive presence. They fell from the emptiness of space with a hellish intent, hundreds of Frigates and Capital ships bearing the standard of The Confederacy. The Exarch had not been bluffing. The finest of the Confederate Defense Force were dispatched the moment this world seemed to be in danger. They had fallen from the realm of hyperspace with preparations made to exterminate all those above Eriadu.

"Have those ships scanned and inspected while I speak with Nargath." The Exarch rose from his throne, turning from the deck without a second thought. Behind the Command Throne were ten droid units. Their ebony frames were like shadows in the crystalline deck. The IG-100 or "magnaguard" were a favored bodyguard unit in The Confederacy and Malphas favored them when not using his personal Illyrian guard. "Sir, a member of the Mandragora has also made contact, Lady Noctura, she insists that she be invited to The Veil." The Exarch considered this for a moment before allowing a considerable smirk to come across his face. "Then see her wish granted. Dispatch a shuttle to bring milady to me and summon [member="Xobos Yakieer"]."

The Exarch's will be done.

Two shuttles flew from the Armada that had assembled before Eriadu. The ships moved with a minor fighter escort. One flying to the planet's surface to retrieve [member="Vytal Noctura"] while the other was sent to [member="Credius Nargath"]. Nargath's ship was not met with an armed guard or some measure of detainment. Instead it was a standard shuttle with the only mission of bringing the man to the Veil. Once both had arrived they would be escorted by a team of B1 Battle droid's. The droids would march them through the winding, pristine halls of The Veil. When they finally arrived at the meeting hall they would find a large atrium built into the Battlecruiser. The ceiling of this dome-like hall was made of a reinforced glasteel that showed the stars above.

Darth Malphas stood at a small bar, his eyes rolling over the fine liquors and spirits that had been provided for him. His Magnaguard lined the room, standing silently in sentry mode while the Exarch saw to his guests.

"A shuttle has arrived at the hangar bay, Milord," Commander Harmor looked at the Marquis, who didn't even seemed to be too perturbed with the situation, having already made sure that his attire was in proper shape. With his long cloak and the impressive pauldrons added to his already quite illustrious appearance, Credius simply nodded at the officer and made his way down, only to be surprised to see that the shuttle seemingly wasn't brought to apprehend him, as no military escord of significance could be seen. Before he entered the shuttle, he turned to Commander Harmon and awaited the officer's salute. "You know the drill, in case of emergency, use the Valkan Dagger and Initiate the Arcosian protocol."

With that being said, the marquis was confident enough to leave it all in the hands of the commander, believing still that there would be no need for any kind of hostilities as long as this imposing figure did not think just showing up with an armada of ships would be enough to intimidate someone who had seen the full might of The Sith Empire in action. He was still duly impressed though, given the swiftness of their reaction, showing that this man in charge of that fleet was either a very carefull or a very paranoid character, most likely a bit of both, to have such a large fleet at stand by.

Upon arrival, the Marquis found himself being escorted by what he'd call outdated and highly redundant droids, but than again, he also knew that perhaps just like all others, these droids had been carefully maintained and most likely heavily modified and updated to the standards of the modern times. As he moved along with this escort, he calmly pulled at his cloves, made sure the signet rings were properly around his fingers and his clothing was impeccable, moving his crevatte a mere inch just to have it hanging symmetrical. With a quick whipe from a silk handkerchief, he polished his highly radiating, red family jewel, which hung around his neck. Apparently just in time, as just as he tucked away the handkerchief in his vest, the battledroids stopped and allowed Credius to walk on to a bar, where he'd find the man who he had seen on the holofeed.

"Well played," The marquis showed a rather sinister, yet amused grin towards the man at the bar, though did not show a single sign of submission, not feeling the need nor the impression yet to lower himself. "Any lesser man would have overshot his chances, wallowing in overconfidence or sheer arrogance, but you sir, have made no such mistake. For that I must commend you. However...now here we stand..."

Tilting his head a bit to the side, the Marquis showed a slightly pensive and inquisitive expression. "Lord...my apologies, but in this...exchange, you have either willingly or accidentally forgotten to introduce yourself. Might I inquire who I am addressing and in what manner you would like to be addressed?"

[member="Vytal Noctura"] [member="Adron Malvern"]

Tag: [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Adron Malvern"]

Vytal took the time needed for the shuttle to arrive -- as apparently Adron insisted on sending his own, which she saw no reason to reject -- to locate the person of interest. In fact, by the time it arrived this individual was not only in the Nightsister's possession, but seemed to walk without coercion two steps behind and to her right wherever she led. In this case, her steps took her straight aboard Adron's shuttle for ferrying to his rather large vessel.

There was a spell the pale Witch had learned before leaving her home. It had taken quite some time to develop and refine. Without it leaving Dathomir without becoming slaves before their first pot would have been all but impossible. However, when you took control of a Captain's mind so completely the thought never surfaced in the first place such things were far easier. Or, in this case, a simple command to follow Vytal as she instructed until she said otherwise.

When the shuttle arrived, Vytal stood and strode out of the vessel without uttering a word to her captive. Whether Adron or this Nargath chose to do anything with them did not concern Vytal. However, if this was the result of some "oversight," then they should have the one responsible for that oversight present and accounted for during any discussions. It would save time having the Exarch order their retrieval or assassination later. It was always possible they would be allowed to live, but again not a problem Vytal had to worry about.

She spared the Marquis one look when set stepped from the shuttle. After that her attention was straight ahead the entire duration of their escorted trip within Adron's ship. Efficiency, of course. Yes, that was why he had both the Marquis and herself escorted, under guard, together. It also ensured she didn't miss any part of the meeting. The man was quite thoughtful in that regard, and in no way was he suggesting a member of the Mandragora or a Nightsister could not be trusted on his pristine ship. The Exarch had, after all, never suggested the Witches and Warlocks were military personnel so what concern could he possibly have?

"Sit." The command had been given quietly and directed to the Eriaduan she'd brought along. Vytal pointed to one of the seats away from where Adron -- and shortly Credius -- stood. There was no need for this creature to be any closer to Adron than was absolutely necessary. Sharing the same room was close enough unless summoned for an account.

While Credius spoke and made inquiry, Vytal slowly advanced toward the bar. One boot crossed before the other as the Marquis' words touched her ears. For the moment she had nothing worth saying. One should not ruin the introduction of a man with Adron's rank and position. How he chose to respond -- if he chose to respond -- was his to decide.

Purp-Dranq.gif
[member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Vytal Noctura"]
When it came time for the two to join the Exarch, he was silent in greeting them. His eyes rose to see Nargath as he was. A man who was drench and waded in the Dark Side of the Force. This brought a genuine smile to his face as he produced three small crystal glasses. Each glass was filled with a clear liquid that held a very forward aroma. The bottle was a fine shade of jade that glinted against the light. The Exarch looked to Vytal first, holding one of the crystals to the Nightsister with an appreciative gaze. "Well done milady." Now he turned to Nargath who spoke so forwardly that it brought a continuous smile to the Exarch's face. "Lord Nargath." The Exarch greeted before passing a spirit to him as well.

When the man spoke of introductions, the Exarch nodded. He had not cared to make an introduction simply because it may have been a waste of time. Why introduce yourself to a man who may not live another hour? Yet, Nargath had done the wise thing and saw the conflict, as it was, brought to a close. For that, he had shown himself to be a man of tact. Now, it was to Malphas to see just what more there was to uncover.

"My name is Adron Malvern. I am an Exarch of the Confederacy. Vicelord Isley Verd is the Supreme power of The Confederacy and I am the harbinger of his will. I am also the Lord of The Royal House Malvern and King of Illyria. Here I will be acting purely in my role as Exarch, so that title will be sufficient." He took a measured sip of the drink, enjoying the sharp taste that came with it before setting the drink back onto the bartop.

"Now, my lord, I would speak and you will listen. I was once a High Moff of the Imperial military and a man of Business. I have a keen eye for spotting those who will be of value to The Confederacy and those who will prove a detriment. That is why I have summoned you to me with crystal filled with drink...instead of blowing your fleet from the skies." The Exarch spoke, though he seemed to be more educated on the Lord than one would guess.

"You are a powerful figure amongst the people of Eriadu. In fact, you are quite envied among them. I truly believe that with your support the people would truly become one with the concept of The Confederacy. That is why I would offer you this."

"Supremacy. You boasted that you employed over half of the people, well now is the time for you to lead all of them."

"Swear yourself to this peace treaty and the upholding of my Master's will and I will name you Viceroy of this system and all that falls within it. The Houses of this world, as well as it's industry will report to you and you alone. However, you will rule with the intent of bringing prosperity to The Confederacy and Eriadu."

He looked to the Nightsister, his eyes falling on her for a shallow moment before he continued. "Milady. Eriadu is quite a stubborn world if I've been briefed properly?" He looked to her for confirmation but continued nonetheless. "If you deny this. I will destroy your fleet. Then I will crush half of your world. I will level the industry so that the only way the world would survive would be with Confederate patronage. Of course, this would be a very distasteful act....so upon your death we'll brand you and yours as terrorist who held cells on the planet and intended to break the fragile peace that we strive to keep. Some will believe it, some will not, but none will argue that once all is said and done. Eriadu will be a planet fully embraced by the open arms of The Confederacy."

"You accepted the correct deal the first time, my lord. I urge you to do the same once again."

"What shall it be? Viceroy or Martyr?"

The Exarch loomed like an obelisk over the holocom, his implacable presence seeping into every contemptuous word. A single noble dared to face down the Southern Systems and make demands? Alkor knew his place- to speak now, to [member="Adron Malvern"], even to iterate snark or jest would only be met with the man's disdain. Everyone was beneath Darth Malphas save for his Master, and even that had its limitations. [member="Darth Metus"] had cautioned Alkor against treating the man with too much familiarity: there was a limit to the protections that the Vicelord could give, even to his family.

And men like Malphas didn't simply disappear without questions.

Instead, he remained back to the wall with his hood draped over his face. His instructions were to oversee the exchange and intervene only if his Brother's apprentice were unable to deal with the situation on his own. It meant Metus wanted him to do nothing, and to be patient: to learn to stay quiet, to listen, to act reactively instead of impulsively.

To relearn the dark side, after his mishap in the Obsidian Citadel.

Metus was not amused with Alkor's actions, but he recognized there was more use for the Dark Jedi elsewhere. Instead of discipline, he would repurpose Alkor. It was easy enough to see, but Alkor had to wait and see what Isley fully intended.

That was the part that felt the most like punishment.

All of the waiting.

His lightsabers hung at either waist and his arms were crossed at his chest. Alkor listened to the Marquis speak and considered his words. Would he come as quietly as he said, or did he have other plans?

Soon enough, all would be revealed.

After hearing the formerly nameless and unintroduced man explain his role within the Confederacy, adding on his noble nature and lineage, the Marquis' air of superiority lessened a bit, as he was now in the presence of someone who was of noble blood as well and from what he heard not of insignificant breeding either. As such, when Adron exclaimed that he desired only to be addressed within the function he currently used and as duly representative of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Credius decided it was most courteous and fitting to at leat give the man a nod of understanding and to honor that wish.

Though for a moment, the Marquis felt a bit threatened when the man mentioned to have been a former Moff in the Imperial military, as this could potentially allude that this man's sensitivity and attunement to the force was strong enough to pierce through his own suppression and masking, the following proclaiment ofcalling himself a man of business was...at the very least rather satisfying and in a certain way already gave the Marquis a good view of what to expect within the Confederacy. Calmly reaching for one of the crystal glasses filled with a particularly clear liquid, the Marquis held the glass to his nose to sniff up the bouquet of the liquor at first, though decided not to be drinking from it yet, after all...there were a few things left to be handled and he was certain that they'd be brought up soon.

Turning his attention for a mere moment towards the strange woman close to him, Credius simply glanced over her and had his attention drawn to the Eriaduan she had brought with her, only to be drawn back to The Exarch's words when he began giving a presentation of the options, dealing out the cards as they were and as they would be, all dpending on the words of a single man, the single choice the Marquis would make.

"Yes, the Eriaduans are stubborn, proud of their neutrality and stern in nature," The marquis simply showed a feint smile at the Nightsister before continuing. "We value strength, cunning, pride and principles. We see no sin in violence, as long as this violence is justified. However, some..." Credius' eyes turned towards' Noctura's captive for a mere instant, before he turned his eyes back towards the Exarch. "Some have forgotten their role and their place within our society, thinking that without properly informing or contacting me, they could do away with my involvement. They allowed for such an unfortunate mishap as this to occur. Had I been warned in due time, properly informed by the weasles that have enjoyed the benefits of my wealth and my prosperity on many an occassion, than all this would not have been necessary and you might've simply been able to come to my home to enjoy a meal with me in peace to discuss these matters."

The Marquis slowly stretched out his arm a bit towards the man the nightsister had brought. "Whatever the Confederacy offers in kindness I will accept, not because I am being forced to do so, but because I believe that there is no need to bring upon misfortune and unjustified violence on my home nor that of my kin. Someone I once knew and who taught me many things once said that Peace is only a lie when it is created by hypocrites and fools." Instantly he snapped his fingers, followed by the unmistakable, sickening crackling and crunching of vertebraes when the man the nightsister had brought in fell to the floor with his head facing in the opposite direction it should've been, the neck contorted as if a strong man had just twisted and snapped it in a 180 degree angle. "The hypocrisy of being a martyr simply does not suit me, Your Excellency."

[member="Vytal Noctura"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Tag: [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Milady? Well, seemed the man was quite adept at shifting his demeanor. A practiced mask, no doubt. Vytal smiled faintly and bowed her head slightly as she accepted the drink. "A pleasure, as always." Many Offworlders would have a problem with that -- among many other things that had to do with those that ruled the Confederacy. The Nightsister, however, did not. Not all of their ways were her's or those of Dathomir, but she understood them. They shared far more in common than the Jedi; though she sought to be as cordial and accepting of their kind among the Mandragora as well.

A moment passed and soon Malvern listed off a litany of titles himself; to which Nargath had no comment. If anything the man's demeanor shifted slightly... seemingly in acceptance. Not so with Vytal's introduction earlier. Yes, a terrible shame Dathomir did not waste its time with nobility -- if you discounted the fact every Nightsister was essentially a 'noble' on their world, which ruled over the planet and the Nightbrothers. She'd pay it no mind, however, as the thoughts of others did not matter so long as they did what was necessary when it was necessary. How they addressed her would also be of import, but that had not come to a head yet and this was Adron's 'show.'

While she enjoyed a sip of the drink, Vytal listened to what Adron said and the way he said it. Matters of "State" were still a subject she could stand to learn much about. How he handled Nargath might prove useful in the future; even if there was a surprising similarity in how a Nightsister would have treated an male Outsider -- a Sith, for example.

On that note, the Nightsister's eyes shifted briefly to Credius himself. No sound was uttered, no facial tick made. Whatever Vytal's thoughts, her focus turned back to Adron soon enough to study what was said once more.

"Stubborn enough," was her response to the Exarch's inquiry. Obviously a lengthy examination of the people hadn't been sought, so she hadn't offered one. It seemed more a way of politely retaining her engagement in the conversation, which Vytal silently admitted was welcome. Was it even an effort to show Credius she was not someone with no standing at all? Yes, there was a great deal of cunning involved with Offworlder social matters. Some of which she had learned, but had not mastered.

When Credius reached out toward the Eriaduan she'd brought along, Vytal slowly lifted her glass to feign a slow, measured taste of its contents once more. She might not have a lifetime of practice as the men before her, but she had a few ideas of her own. A nonchalant consumption of a drink without batting at eye at what "crime" occurred in her presence. Adron's demeanor was monitored in the corner of one eye for indication he did not desire what the Marquis would do. Surely the Dark Lord of the Confederacy would see what was coming before it happened. He could easily stop it if it was not desired, but if he left it to Vytal she would react in his place. After all, she was there in service to the Confederacy.

She brought the glass from her lips afterward with her eyes landing on the Marquis without an ounce of ire. If this man held as much authority as he said, and if the Exarch planned to grant him ever more, then there was hardly any issue with the Eriaduan dying aboard The Veil was there?

"A beneficial arrangement for both parties," the Nightsister acknowledged. Not that she cared how Adron conducted business -- leveling half of a planet -- but only that it might disrupt her research, and potentially draw in Force or Magik users into the conflict when there were other worthwhile pursuits.

Purp-Dranq.gif
[member="Vytal Noctura"] | [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"]
The decision was made.

For a moment there was silence until finally the Lord of Nargath declaired he would join with them. The Dark Lord's lips curled into an accepting smile and he nodded in response to the man. "Then it is done. By the power bestowed upon me by the Office of the Vicelord, I hereby name you Viceroy of Eriadu." He proclaimed these words before turning to [member="Alkor Centaris"], a man who was close to his Master. Centaris had taken a place as Isley's master Executioner. In essence he had become exactly what Adron had once been to the Sith Master, a Dread Lord. "This has been witnessed by Lady Noctura and Master Centaris. Master Centaris will inform the Vicelord and I shall inform the Viceroyalty myself."

What happened next came to little surprise to the Exarch. There was no reason to intervene and save the man's life, he meant nothing to the greater scheme of things. As the body fell lifelessly to the ground the Exarch seemed to pay it no attention. In fact it would have been a question of if he even realized it had happened. Yet in the next moment he waved his hand towards the body that laid upon the ground. Two of the Magnaguard approached the corpse, grabbing it from the ground and carrying out from the room. The body would never again see the light of day. Where it would go, none would follow and none would care to find it.

The Exarch turned to Vytal, his eyes holding some meaning behind them. Though it seemed as if he would only gift a small piece of his thoughts. "Your work brings you to Eriadu? Curious." He turned back to Nargath and this time he spoke expectantly. "I would learn of what vision you have for Eriadu....In time. For now, this entire ordeal has been an upset to the natural order. Return to your people and tell them how you expertly negotiated so that you may properly lead them. A detachment of my forces will remain behind, to ensure a smooth transition." There was no misunderstanding the truth of the matter. Credius was lord and Viceroy of Eriadu, but Adron was a man of caution if nothing else. The CDF forces would ensure it was at least more difficult for any silliness to occur.

The Exarch's eyes looked to each person in the room, making sure they each understood the weight of his words. "Now it is time for us to put this behind us and continue. We will never realize the Vicelord's vision if we waste time with such things."

With a nod, Credius agreed to the terms given to him. There was no shame in accepting the stipulation of having to agree to the presence of Confederate forces on Eriadu, as the marquis had no doubt that with some wise implementations and changes to the old military system of the Eriadu system, a smooth transition could easily be made. Though he did prefer sentient soldiers to droids, he did not underestimate their use, primarily in prolongued combat they were more an asset than a liability, as they did lower much of the costs, such as the labor droids did in the most dangerous parts of the Eriadu Manufacturing shipyards and the mines.

"I have no qualms with a remaining detachment, your excellency," With a courteous nod, the man now finally touched his drink, holding the glass a bit higher in a salute to the Exarch. Though he was slightly intrigued as to what the reason was behind the presence of that other, cloaked figure and that of the Nightsister on Eriadu, but he decided not to go too far with his curiosity for now. The Exarch was right, if there was one thing at the top of their to-do list now or more specific that of Credius, it was to lull the populace, to calm down any hostile sentiment or any rebellious detraction caused by the incompetent stirrings of his lesser men. "The people will be calmed and will no doubt feel content with this mishap smoothed over. Though, those that are to be deemed responsible for this... undesired situation and the consequential tension, by following Confederate Law, how would your Excellency like me to deal with them? Though their crimes by Eriaduan law do demand capital punishment of high treason, how does your verdict sound in this matter, as they should without question be dealt with in accordance to Confederate law."

Though the Exarch had just mentioned that it was time to put it all behind them, the Marquis thought this to be a concern worthy of the man's time, given that it would be the first actual implementation of Confederate law upon the planet and within the system. Given the high profile this case had gotten, it would ofcourse also be a good way to show the people the extend of the changes Confederate law would bring for them. "If it is ofcourse, no issue... I was planning on starting a small mining colony in the system, perhaps if leniency is required, I might propose a sentence of forced labor for an alotted time of five to ten years?"

[member="Adron Malvern"]

Tag: [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Vytal returned Adron's gaze in the moment he turned his attention from the Marquis. "There is not shortage in secret knowledge to be found," the Nightsister replied calmly. If the man desired to speak further of it, she would entertain his curiosity for a time. Despite what some seemed to think of the Witches of Ryloth, their pursuit was not one locked behind doors within a castle or on one of their outposts. They went where they were needed, and where ancient knowledge lay buried. New planets required a survey to determine the likelihood further study was needed of the planet and its riches.

The Exarch seemed of interest to put all of this behind them, which Vytal saw no reason to object. However, Credius had questions. Not bad ones, though the Nightsister anticipated certain thoughts vocalized or otherwise by the ranking member of the Confederacy present. "They are your people. Consider your first actions carefully, Viceroy. Whatever they thought of you before, this is when you will set the tone for the many days to come." Whether killing them was necessary to establish rule of law, or merely an expected custom; or if sparing them would lead the planet down a different and desired path were matters Credius was best suited to answer. And answer he would as the planet's populace would respond favorably or not, and he would be forced to contend with that response. Poorly chosen it might result in removable -- by planetary decree or Confederacy intervention -- whether by acquiescence or upheaval.

Alkor heard the words of the Exarch and understood the duality of his role. Since the situation at Eriadu was delicate, it needed to be witnessed in a clandestine manner to make it legitimate. At the same time, should the Marquis prove uncooperative, the position of secondary witness was conveniently filled by someone who would make sure that there was nothing left to witness. A clever ploy, one that suited a Sith Lord. To Alkor's own tastes, however...

He simply closed his eyes and bowed his head, indicating that [member="Adron Malvern"] had been heard and understood. There was no call to question the methods of those who held political power. In the end, there was a difference between words and actions, and Alkor had never been a man for conversation.

Alkor did hear the final words from [member="Credius Nargath"], and he did speak up. "Take care to understand the charter of the Confederacy, Viceroy," he cautioned. "Particularly the clauses pertinent to the practice of slavery. The Vicelord is unflinching on the matter."

It was more of a warning than he would give most people, but assuring a peaceful transition into the Southern Systems for Eriadu was the final goal of this meeting. Isley would have preferred the allusion to force in this situation, rather than the application. Then, to Adron he said: "I will make my report immediately, Exarch."

He turned away from the group and produced his datapad, typing furiously. He did not spare a glance toward [member="Vytal Noctura"], though he knew her to be in some way integral to the inner workings of the Knights Obsidian. That made her at least somewhat aware of the situation regarding Hashim, and among the few people in the Confederacy who knew what Alkor had done.

It meant she could be perceived as a liability, though that possibility had not arisen, yet.

VSulUUV.gif

Equipment: Lightsaber, Faceless Armor
Mental state: Calm
Tags: [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Vytal Noctura"] | [member="Credius Nargath"]

8wDTtQq.png

Sergeant Zax was pushing her today, more so than even usual. Something that had become a daily occurrence, especially since Xobos has taken to living on The Veil the past for the past few weeks, was the Sergeant finding new and creative ways to put her on her butt. He was a master swordsman, one that knew of basically every way to dismember or disable an opponent, and Xobos was still a beginner swordswoman, which meant their matchups typically went as well as one might expect. Still, the past few weeks had not been kind to the poor Miraluka, who had found herself bruised and beaten more often than not.

Today, they had been focusing on her double bladed techniques, ones that she could deploy in a crowded space. To that end, her body had been surrounded with large mats on three of her four sides, forcing her to fight in a confined space while only facing a single direction. It went pretty poorly that day, ending up with the apprentice hitting the pads multiple times per round and with plenty of light saber burns. Not a good day by any standard, one that had left them both disappointed in her performance. Though, something Zax did do well was understand when it was good to take a break, and he sent her to shower and rest up for a night session later that evening.

Xobos took her battered body to the refreshers, and soon emerged feeling much better about the events of the day. Carrying her helmet under one arm, the apprentice headed toward the hanger to confer in her personal pilot, Sergeant Hin, and see if they could do some dogfighting training together. At this point, she knew her master was meeting with some delegate of one of the recently annexed planets, though he had not told her to come. Not that she minded, knowing it meant she got some more time to train and enjoy free time by herself. Well, as by herself as she could be with two or three voices floating around in her mind.

She was halfway to the other side of the ship, boots clicking against the metal flooring when she heard the telltale sounds of one of the magnaguards walk-running toward her. Xobos turned, eyebrow raising curiously why one of her master’s personal guards was coming to her. “You are being summoned, apprentice Yakieer. Come to the meeting hall immediately.” The droid’s metallic voice rang through the hallway, the words settling on her mind for a moment before she nodded, pulling her helmet from under her arm and onto her head. “Lead the way.” She responded as the helmet was pulled snug on her head.

The pair quickly backtrack their way back to the meeting hall, weaving through the various personal they passed on their way. Ora was nice enough to provide some commentary in her mind while the apprentice followed the droid. “Well, apparently something happened that he felt it necessary to bring us in. Hopefully it means we’ll be leaving the ship soon.” Xobos gave a mental nod as she entered into the hall, quickly spotting her master’s location by all of the magnaguards surrounding a certain spot at the bar. Again, more bobbing and weaving through the small crowd of people until she had walked up to the ground, giving curt nods to the white skinned woman and the knight. She also nodded lightly to the man she didn’t recognize, before fully bowing her to her master. Xobos slowly took a step backwards to stay behind her master, not wanting to interrupt the conversation until she was needed. Just because she was summoned, didn’t mean the apprentice’s input was needed or wanted.

8wDTtQq.png

Intent: End of the tension

It had not taken long for Credius to bid the Exarch and his companions a good day, as many a things had to be done in a swift and efficient manner. In the same way as he had been brought to the massive ship which loomed over the planet of Eriadu, the Marquis returned to his own Battlecruiser with the intent to already address the confused and scared populace below, emboldened with the new authority and title he had been given to impose order in these chaotic times.
Sitting behind his desk within his personal chambers aboard the HNS Arcosian, the Marquis managed to have his crew create a link to all the major news networs within the Eriadu system, completely overriding any and all authroity of those who had previously sought to publically discredit him and his influence within the system, those who had forced his hand and had subsequently created the tension which though shortlived, still may have had some lasting impact on the relationship between the Confederacy of Independant Systems and the Eriadu planetary system.

"My people," The carema feed went into focus onto the Marquis' face, his silvery white eyes looking at the camera as if he were to look into the very soul of those who were watching the broadcast. "Sons and daughters of Eriadu. Grave has been the tension of the past hours, the past days, but rest assured that any and all misgivings and miscommunications which have lead to such unfortunate events, have been dealt with. By the authority of the Vicelord of the Confederacy of Independant Systems voiced by his Exarch, I, Marquis Credius Arcosius Nargath of the House Nargath have been granted the position of Viceroy. I have been tasked with the sole duty of watching over your prosperity, your health both in body and mind and I can promise you this. You, my people, will prosper.

With the camera panning out and revealing the Marquis sitting behind his desk completely now, Credius continued his adress to the populace of his homeworld and beyond. "Those who sought to sell your freedom, your spirit, your principles for their own gain and greed are being dealt with and for the first time in over two centuries, it will not be the courts consisting out of jumped up cutthroats and indecisive noblemen who will be the judges of these elements of betrayal and chaos, but it will be you. You, my people, my kin, my family through either blood or soul, shall be the judge to deliver the verdict upon those who sought to do us harm and who'd shown us only contempt.

His stern expression slowly changed, The marquis' lips slowly turning into a grin for all to see. "To a new age, to a new Eriadu...I salute you all."

Purp-Dranq.gif
[member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Xobos Yakieer"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Vytal Noctura"]
The Exarch considered the Viceroy's words silently. His hand came to his chin, brushing against the bare skin ever so slightly as the Nightsister spoke. Her words were ones to heed, as slavery and anything that served as it's equal would be met with hellish death in the Confederate arena on Geonosis. Still, the Viceroy had steered clear enough from such things to where he left a clause of innocence. "Treason cannot be tolerate. Whoever you name as the head of this act will face death in the arenas of Geonosis. All others may be committed to the mines as you have requested. It is by your command these men and women will pay the price, not mine." The Exarch said finally.

As Alkor made his way off, typing up the report that would go to the Exarch's master, Malphas could not help but level his eyes upon the man carefully. There was something more to this Dread Lord than mere station. It would be something to keep an eye on in the future.

When finally [member="Xobos Yakieer"] came to join them, the Viceroy of Eriadu had already departed the room. Malphas was silent as he kept an eye on the Lord who had so sworn his allegience to peace. A peace that could prove only temporary. After some time passed, Malphas turned to Xobos and Vytal, looking to the two women with equal weight. "Xobos, you will keep a watchful eye on this Viceroy. His power is something not to be underestimated and even I cannot be sure to his actions. Lady Vytal, I expect your eyes will remain open as you see to your research on this world?"

As the video feed of the Lord of Eriadu began to play, the Exarch's eyes found some amusement. "He's quite the showman. I will meet with him again soon."

Tag: [member="Credius Nargath"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Xobos Yakieer"]

The Nightsister hadn't cast her gaze directly at Alkor the entire time, nor made any attempt at regarding him out of the corner of one eye. She was aware of his presence all the same. Vytal was likewise also aware of what he had done. Was a response then in order? Did she feel a deep, burning need to take him to task? Perhaps, but if the pale woman held such thoughts they were not worn on her sleeve nor broadcast for all those of mental and spiritual power to assess. Women of Dathomir did not make plain their thoughts in matters of most import.

When Malphas addressed the two women that now occupied the room whereas the Viceroy had taken to broadcast, Vytal met the man's gaze. "I will be watching from the shadows." The Nightsister smiled; a pleasant expression, but one that failed to soften her gaze. Of course she hadn't planned on remaining terribly long on the world; the survey would not require considerable time. However, the Mandragora was not unaccustomed to monitoring the affairs of other worlds. While the Confederacy had a Ministry devoted to such things, the women and men of Force or Mystical persuasion could not rely on the untrained to recognize matters pertaining to their art. They certainly couldn't trust everything was shared either. If Adron desired it, Vytal could not see a reason to turn a blind eye to Eriadu. If anything, she suspected the planet required their attention for its rich history and potential for relics or knowledge alone.

"I hope we have the pleasure of meeting again in strange places, Lord Malvern. There are many worlds to explore, and many secrets in need of study. Should you ever have need of our services," Vytal let the offer stand with no expectation or undue eagerness. As she had said before, it was a mutual relationship between the students of the Force and Magik, and that of the Confederacy at large. They were not opposed to sharing their knowledge and abilities in exchange for the vast riches obtained from the many worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom