Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Ad Circle of the Light Hand

In the struggle between water and stone, in time, the water wins.

Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.

The hand of a Jedi must be held lightly, quick to open in offer of aid, slow to close into a fist, and quicker still to offer restoration to subdued threats.
Since the ancient days of the Old Republic, the Jedi have organized themselves in smaller groups referred to as 'circles.' These smaller, specialized in a certain area of the Jedi way of life. Upon discovering these three fragmentary quotes in his journeys, Jedi Master Tiland Kortun founded a new circle, one based on the philosophy espoused in the three lines. Calling it the Circle of the Light Hand, Tiiand let word spread among the Jedi community for any who sought a path that differed from that of the modern, mainstream Jedi, but instead drew from the Jedi of the ancient past.​
What is the Circle of the Light Hand?
A group of nomadic Jedi who belong to no council, no order, and serve no government, the Circle travels far and wide through the galaxy, as directed by the Force. Even by Jedi standards, they are minimalists, working without support from the broader order, without issued equipment, and most often, without carrying lightsabers, as they make one too easily recognizable as a Jedi. They act in subtle, often invisible ways, before disappearing once again into the vastness of the galaxy, leaving nothing but a story of a helpful traveler in their wake. As such, they follow the Path of the Light Hand, a set of rules and principles set down by Tiland Kortun to encapsulate their philosophy.​

1. All living beings are the Force, embodied. Respect them, for we are all the same.
2. To slay another causes disharmony in the Force and it is harmony within the Force that is the ultimate purpose in life.
3. Only the Force can be relied upon and we must be prepared to act with nothing but the Force and our selves.
4. The hand is the way that the Force allows us to aid others, so it must be held lightly, ready to either aid another, or defend others against oppression, and to return to being the aiding hand as soon as the threat lifts.
5. We can neither change nor control anything but ourselves and even this itself is a life-long process, but it must be striven for regardless.
6. Mastery over the self is the first step in the process of achieving harmony with the Force
What do they focus on?
Operating primarily in the backwater, forgotten worlds of the Outer Rim, they rarely journey into the Core and Midrim, areas that are already decently governed and guarded by governments. Instead, the Circle focuses on the citizens and settlers of the far-flung regions of the galaxy. In many ways, they are the monastic counterparts to the Coalition's Judges. Dedicated to contemplation, meditation, and reflection, the members of the Circle are known for being primarily quiet, gentle individuals that nobody would ever imagine being able of bringing down a slave ring with nothing but their bare hands.​

Indeed, the Circle views life as a process of growing self-mastery and understanding of the Force, derived from Tiland's experience as an Anzati Jedi striving to overcome the darkness within his own DNA code. Abandoning the physical nature of life in favor of the spiritual is not an easy process, but one necessary to finding harmony with the Force. With that in mind, they focus their Force training on the Control aspect of the Force, especially the abilities that exercised control over the Jedi's own body, and those that redirected the Force to strengthen. Rarely will they instruct in lightsaber forms, preferring to rely on simpler, less noticeable tools.​
8c3771cd013384aa23f5730720899c9a.jpg
Examples:
Moving Meditation & Alchakas
Art of Movement
Breath Control
Force Body
Force Healing
Force Weapon
Tapas
Who can join and how?
Any who walk the Jedi path are welcome to join the Circle and any who wish to achieve mastery over themselves, Force-sensitive or not, are welcome to train with Masters of the Circle. Perhaps they may even achieve a greater Force sensitivity than they had before, but such is a long process. Yet those who join must be willing to take their path of self-mastery and use it for the benefit of others as a way of spreading the harmony that all living things carry within the Force.​
To join, one simply must find and persuade one of the Circle's Masters to train them and induct them into the Circle. Of course, finding one of the Circle's Masters is no easy feat, for they travel as the Force guides them, anonymously and discreetly, hardly looking like anything more than a normal pilgrim or traveler.​
What's the plan?
Current Thread:
-The Way of the Light Hand​
Upcoming Threads:
-Crouching Nexu, Hidden Krayt Dragon​
-Lightsaber of the Immortal​
-The Dark Comes for Us​
-Fists of Destiny​
-The Bare-Footed Padawan​
Members:
Novices:​
Adepts:​
Masters:​
-Tiland Kortun​

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Interestingly I actually have a Jedi that's already doing something sort of like this life, he roams a lot, truly believes that if he is forced to draw his sabre something already is wrong, and is an overall very peaceful person in search of knowledge not power or something. he's basically a researcher. He is in a small team at the moment but I think he would probably appreciate these guys. However who I might want to try something is this one. She still doesn't know she's force sensitive and I'm interested in seeing it happen. I'm not sure I want her going full Jedi. I believe she'll likely want to keep using her Mandalorian armor out of respect for the woman who raised her. But I do want to see what would happen if she was told she had the force and that she could be tought. If you don't want to do that though I have potential rp's that just wouldn't involve one of my characters joining the group yet. I do have one character that, if the rp he's currently in falls through, could also potentially join, a zabrak on Tatooine. Also unaware of his abilities.

If Kat doesn't work though I have some that may not join but may have interesting interactions:

Xos Xos is mine. He's the Master of the Baran Do sages on Dorin. Also a very peaceful people and also known for not having lightsabers. Although he does have one himself, this is partially due to the discovery of a very special type of crystal that has a tendency to scare off dark siders and weakens the dark side powers near it. He's actually pretty powerful himself and known for having numerous visions and good insight into the force. I think he'd be the type to sit down over tea, even if he probably couldn't drink the tea as he'd probably need his rebreather on being a Kel Dor. Very meditative type. I think they could have good ties.

Civ Civ The jedi I mentioned. Probably also the type to just be good to interact with. It's also possible, if you wanted and if this faction is old enough IC, that his master had ties to them. as his master also roamed around a lot. Though he did have a lightsaber, like Civ, he almost never used it. They both rely more often on trying to cool down problems first. Civ is a mechanic, researcher for history, culture, and artifacts, and multi-lingual with the advantage of comprehend speech.

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Glad to hear this caught your interest! Lots of fun stuff to happen, and sounds like you have quite a solid collection of characters. Baran Do sages are definitely neat. And if you want to do something with Kat, that works for me.

And Civ’s Master could totally have ties. The Circle is fairly new still, but Tiland has been around a very long time.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun
Yeah, some are more built up then others. Xos has a fairly good amount of posts that have him solidified. Kat has a few but as of yet nobody finished them. And Funo's and the other one I mentioned are new.

Well wonderful! I think it'd be nice for Civ's master to have been in some way at least someone who might have expected to have been a member, before he died. And maybe that interest passed on to Civ, since he's always journeying around searching he fits pretty well. Aside from the recent joining of this small team of missfit do-gooders.

Guess it depends on what you'd want to do, or do first. Civ is in a thread so I'm not in too much of a rush to ensure he gets more, just like to have potential stuff. And Xos is usually fun to play just cause he's so nice. But I think I could enjoy doing stuff with Kat so I can get some more threads and experience with her, especially as she's one of my more low tier characters.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun
In regards to how she finds out? Not specifically. I can see a few ways of how someone who is force sensitive and can sense it would notice maybe:

Stuff like how Kat interacts with people and her tendency to use the fullness of what she can, she has very high awareness/intuition. Now that's partially just because of how she's grown up, but the force probably may play a part.

Another is that if she gets into a fight she'd have possibly noticeably higher reflexes and intuition as compared to a non-force user, if someone is used to telling the difference. She won't get into fights randomly, but if, say, someone bad with a bounty was in a city or something. That'd be a spot where she could get into a fight, and then be noticed.

Or perhaps she finds out herself, more by accident, and is just unsure and so she runs into you or whoever, and tries to inquire about it.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Wonderful! She mostly just tries to capture the ones that she knows are legitimately bad. Or at least, that the bounty says are by the crimes they list.

Anyway, I have to go to sleep now. If you want to set something up that's good, if not I might be able to do it tomorrow. Most any location is fine, though she'll venture away from almost any place that allows slavery unless actively hunting, having been a slave as a child.

Whether you start it or I do, I look forward to rp'ing with you! Goodnight for now!

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun made it:
finding-new-paths-tiland-kortun.132273

Have to tell me how it is. I don't have a good history of starters. Basically though:

Kat is in mandalorian armor, with a beskad. No big guns though. She enters the cantina, defel attacks her, fighting ensues in which before a trandoshan even draws his shotgun she managed to jetpack herself out of the way. Fighting continues but this time with a potential threat of a Trandoshan angry at her and the target because she shot him in the face, assuming he didn't die or become disabled. Trandoshans probably have a high threshold for pain and they also heal fast, so if it didn't kill him (it is a gauntlet blaster barrel so it's not very high power) he'd probably survive.

Aki Angunasuktuq

A
I'd be really keen to check this out, I haven't really written a jedi before but I'd be willing to try alongside this concept

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom