Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chaos Fandom Wiki Creation

-- I have been on an off Chaos for a pretty long time, (I know there are vets of this). But I kind of remember there being someone who suggested a Chaos Wiki some time ago. Did that ever get off the Ground or was is Smothered in its Sleep. I always liked the idea of little clipnotes of skirmishes, battles, and wars on the server but know it would be a monumental task.

-- If there was never one created, would the admin team be opposed to one being made with short sparknotes and tid-bits added to the legend.

-- I know Lore is a great little pool of resources, but not everyones like me and just lurks in the Lore and spies on everyones threads. It probably wont last long, but I thought it would be a cool idea of a server historian taking up the job.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Warchef Futa"] - Somebody made one once upon a time. I don't know if it's still around. Anyway, I don't think Staff cares. It's a member run thing so. Whatever happens, happens. I just know something like this is a ton of work and very easy to go belly up. *shrugs*

[member="Kale Seleare"] he already acknowledged the Lore section in his post.

I think it's a neat idea. It would be a pretty ridiculous undertaking, but I'd be a fan.

Bunker-level Normal
Warchef Futa said:
But I kind of remember there being someone who suggested a Chaos Wiki some time ago. Did that ever get off the Ground or was is Smothered in its Sleep.
That was me. And to answer your question, the latter. Looks like it was culled by automatic purging forces on wikia.com/fandom.com a long time ago.

Note that this took place when the Lore section of the Codex was shut down, so that was a partial motivator for the wiki. But also that a wiki is just a better organization system for interlinking articles and content discovery by association.

That said, there was no serious interest at the time, and I lost motivation for the cause. Recent changes in lore rules over the past year or have made the notion of a Chaos historian even more difficult to have working, as contradictory/biased lore articles on the same events or concepts can co-exist by Chaos rules (essentially letting each side write their own history books). You're better off finding someone from each faction to write out history for recent actions, assuming you can do that.

The ultimate issue with a lore wiki is, of course, the daunting task of importing the current lore, as well as keeping it updated with additions as they occur. The lesser task is configuring the permissions in a way that wiki users will be happy and willing to edit, but unable to make breaking changes that our Codex Judges and rules help guard against right now.

If you'd like to pick up the torch for this, may the Force be with you.

I recommend instead that you just submit some lore to the Codex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom