Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes to Beskar Acquisition

It has been the situation for a long time that Beskar has been rather easily available to Mandalorians, often for absurdly large projects. Indeed, we have seen some characters starting as Mandalorians just to access Beskar and then leaving.

Therefore, from this point on

All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made. Limited or minor production items will require longer dev threads of 20 and 30 posts respectively, or at the discretion of the Factory Judge.

The means for acquiring Beskar for non-Mandalorians has not changed.

This is not denying anyone access to this material, but it is making writers put in work for a restricted material which is extremely powerful.

Beskar is so has been made so "common" people could practically just steal Mandalorian weapons and use that for all their beskar needs. :L

I'm glad this is happening.

Agreed. And a reminder to those taking besk'ar forged armor or weapons from the dead, melting it down and re-forging it would require Mandalorian resources and knowledge.

Also, making a new character and stating they used to be a Mando doesn't give you the innate right to have besk'ar crafted armor. This has been abused in the past, and I'm a fan of this new policy to limit that.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Does this mean that non-Mandalorians have to do two threads instead of one now; one for the acquisition and one for the fabrication?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Well I am disappointed as I had some armor for other mandos to make but I can see why it has been done. Just means more work and effort so can have some more shiny things done with the armor.

[member="Azrael"] - That's what I'm saying. The people who do do it, the people who collect it by defeating a mandalorian or whatever the goal is. How on earth do they use it, logically?

I'm not asking how to do it, i'm asking how they're able to do it. *crosses out as [member="Nyxie"] snipes*

The unrealism, though... :L

[member="Mrrew"] Yeah, they can acquire the besk'ar, but as I've seen in the tech subs before, the judges challenged how they were able to re-forge when they wanted to do fancy fancy things with it, and got shut down on that because they don't have any Mando resources.

Matsu Ike said:
Well I am disappointed as I had some armor for other mandos to make but I can see why it has been done. Just means more work and effort so can have some more shiny things done with the armor.
No offense slim, but I think you have enough armor between characters to supply the Republic NPCs.

Especially since Beskar was basically created as Impervium to give Mandalorians a chance to fight Jedi without being cut in two on first contact.

It was getting absurd in canon and it was getting absurd here, hence this rebalance. Work for it, and you’ll get it.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
What about mass production? I ask because what if someone puts the effort of 50+ posts into it or did what I did, use a 700+ post invasion as precedence for both need and need in numbers for a hand weapon of beskar? Would that be 50+ posts or are we looking for a lot more effort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom