Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change to Knight > Master Promotions

The promotion rules for going from Knight to Master have been changed as below. These changes will increase the speed of promotions and remove the need for the Judges to all vote for every promotion.

1. Knight to Master
  • When a Master (or Faction Administrator) feels the Knight is ready for promotion to Master, he/she submits the Knight's name for promotion to his/her Faction's Force-User Masters for approval.
    The Faction's Force-User Masters vote and decide on whether or not the Knight is to be promoted to Master. Majority rules the vote, but in the event of a tie, the Faction Administrators are required to make the final decision.
  • If the vote succeeds, the Knight's name is then submitted to a Board Admin. The Admin shall assign a Role-Play Judge to assess whether or not the Knight will be promoted to Master. If necessary a Role-play Judge vote shall take place.
  • If the Knight is to be promoted, a Board Admin will inform the Knight and promote him/her.

[*]In the case that a member is not a member of a Faction they may contact a Board Admin directly when they feel they are ready for promotion.
  • The Role-Play Judges shall carry out a vote in lieu of a Faction
  • If the vote succeeds the member shall be informed of the result by the Board Admin.

Contact an admin to contact an rpj to decided....

Not to go against the grain here, but this seems more complicated and a longer process... I mean if you want speed then leave it at faction majority vote and call it good. Not seeing how this rule changes the flow of anything as it is.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
[member="Jaron Lesan"]

Jaron Lesan said:
I mean if you want speed then leave it at faction majority vote and call it good.

This isn't a really good idea. This can be easily abused through, dare I say, favoritism. I've seen characters promoted on other sites for doing less work because they had the Admin's ears over those that put extreme effort because of the opposite coin.

[member="Jaron Lesan"]
The RPJ provides a sense check to make sure that the faction is not promoting someone inappropriate.
Getting all the RPJs to vote we decided was not required, a single judge can clearly tell if the promotion is valid if the faction has approved it.
This will be much faster since the Admin can contact an RPJ who is available at that moment and ask them to judge it. Boom. Done.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Natasi Fortan"]
Yes.

In that case the applicant applies for a second chance to the admin who received the initial message, and that admin will process the matter themselves.
Thank you for clarifying. I'm sure it wouldn't be necessary, but it's always nice to have this sort of thing laid out ahead of time just in case :)

In fairness, the alternative was my proposal.

1. Knight to Master
  • When a Master (or Faction Administrator) feels the Knight is ready for promotion to Master, he/she submits $3.99 to Tefka's paypal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom