Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Chaldea or No Deal | GA Dominion of Chaldea

fiAr4tc.png

THE POTENTIAL OF THE POTENTIUM
CHALDEAN ACADEMY // CHANDEA

Aria turned to look over at Seto as he supported the Ioshan in defense of the Alliance's method of governance. It was far from perfect and could be turned against the people it was meant to represent, but it was better than an authoritarian dictatorship. All forms of government could be corrupted and turned against its people. A Republic, however, gave the people a non-violent means of preventing that from happening; but only so long as they cared enough to do so.

That said, Aria wasn't quite fond of the Jedi being called 'tools.' She understood the rational reason to do so, especially given the current audience, but that hardly meant it was comforting to be viewed in such a light. Her yellow eyes shifted aside to regard others present to see what their reaction was. Just how far did the sentiment run?

The Chancellor himself spoke next about enlistment, which Aria had no opinion on personally. People were free to choose their own path through life. That the many worlds had to supply funds was equally acceptable. These were the compromises one made to ensure the security of their worlds without necessitating conscription or seizure of personnel or resources.

Evidently, however, mention of the Brotherhood sent a chill through the Chaldean delegation. Aria's eyes swept over them slowly and how their posture stiffened and lips tightened. Subtle changes that belied something they had no yet revealed. A worrying development.

Only Persis then responded there was minimal concern over the Maw. They claimed to merely be a stepping stone; which was essentially true, but did not actually address the subject at hand. Why the subtle change in disposition then? There was more to the story that they could not bring themselves to confess. As such commenting on it openly might do more harm then good. Aria made a note to see Ishani -- the outspoken one -- might be more amenable later.

Especially when it came to light the young woman had actually fought the Brotherhood of the Maw herself.

Suddenly, and unexpectedly, matters of governance and the Jedi seemed to be neatly tied up, with Persis choosing then to focus on different matters -- the environment and education. Aria hadn't expected the negotiations to fall to such otherwise humble topics. Nonetheless, the Duchess was quite happy to find that was the case. There was so much more to life and a people than how to stave off or participate in war.

Or at least that would be the focus after Emilia representing the Aquatic peoples of the world spoke.

That'd when Aria felt a similar, but even heavier sense of exasperation when the Zeltron stated -- quite bluntly -- that most of the Jedi were dead. Aria managed to keep her practiced smile held in place despite such a pointed statement, however. Wouldn't be much of a diplomat if she were so easily rattled. At least the woman understood the Jedi weren't about to walk in and raise Cain over Chaldea not liking them. Not that they would have even at their peak. Discussion -- communication -- was always the Jedi way. Lightsabers were only a last resort for defense. At least that was Aria's position on the matter.

Once that was thankfully over, Faith promised they wouldn't pollute the planet and Tithe -- wisely -- stayed silent on the matter. This all meant that Chaldea had its work cut out for it, of course.

"Chaldea law," Aria spoke up once more, "prohibits mining, hunting, and farming in certain areas. The Alliance has a framework for designating cultural heritage or environmentally sensitive regions on member worlds that Chaldea can use to deny any harvesting or development." Something people like the Chancellor would no doubt prefer them ignorant of; nevertheless, even not ignorant of the bureaucracy, Aria knew even that system wasn't perfect. Hard work all around to ensure one's way of life. "Even in regions where you will permit harvesting, an ecological study will be launched to evaluate the risk posed to surrounding areas. A full report will be available for consideration, and approval to collect the resources. Your government would be free to extract the resources yourselves, hire third parties, or sell the rights to external organizations. The Alliance will gladly utilize anything you would be willing to share with the community; and in turn other worlds have materials and goods that you may prosper from as well."

"Regarding education, the Alliance will be happy to provide educational resources, material, and even teachers to support and supplement your academics achievements. I believe you will find most subject matters to your approval. Topics related to the Force and Jedi are predominantly limited to those attending a Jedi Academy, and not a world's general academic institutions." Seemed appropriate to address what would be a natural question by the Chaldeans. 'Will you indoctrinate our students into embracing the Force or becoming Jedi?' No, that was not the Alliance's way. Though Aria truly did wish people at least learned about the Force even if they didn't train in using it.

VBjevT7.png

GAPostBreaker.png
Objective III: More Than One Way to Skin a Mermaid
Tags: Auteme Auteme

Kai gestured for Jorn to move farther down the beach, away from the couple floating in the water. When they were closer to the caves than the bar & grill, they resumed their conversation.

<I need you to tell me about what happened with Gerda.>

Jorn sucked in a breath at the mention of her name. “There’s nothing to tell.”

Kai shook his head. <The last time we met, right before she melted back into the Force—>

“That wasn’t Gerda,” Jorn interrupted, his expression tightening as anger sobered him up. “That was… it was your guardian in Gerda’s body. Gerda drowned right fething here, and nobody was there to save her in time—”

He gestured to the waves crashing against the shore beside them, clearly reliving the memory of that day as he spoke. It was in his eyes, the image of the dead mermaid washed up on the shore, tangled red hair matted with wet sand and a green tail that glistened in the sunshine.

<My guardian,> Kai’s thoughtspeak cut through Jorn’s recollection. He had enough pain on his own without having to suffer through others’. <She showed me the things that had happened to her after I was stolen away, but it was only glimpses. In one of them it looked like she was attacked by someone wielding the Dark Side. She never recovered from the wounds.>

Lying curled up in a blanket, she had looked frail and sickly, with dried blood around her nose and mouth. At first he’d thought it was just signs of physical deterioration as she slowly faded away. The trauma of her attempting to take him with her to the grave had prevented him from asking questions. It had prevented him from doing much of anything for quite a while afterwards. Like the child in the fairytale who survives an encounter with a hungry wolf, only to reach home and find the wolf masquerading as grandma, he felt like she’d tried to eat him alive. His first friend, mother and father, the being who had been his whole world, had thought it was better he be dead than alive in this state, tainted and altered by the Sith.

Jorn stared down at his feet in silence, but Kai could sense the tangle of emotions knotting up inside him. At last, he sighed and raised his head.

“It was two people. A guy and a girl. He was a redhead, she was a blonde. We were in Pirivena, and the two of them snuck up on us. The girl shot a tranquilizer gun at me, but your guardian saw it coming and attacked her.” He ran a trembling hand through his hair. “To be honest, I don’t remember a whole lot about what happened after that, except trying to swim away… and then waking up naked on the beach, her lying all bloody next to me. Like her organs had been liquified and it was leaking out of every orifice.”

The hand moved from his hair to his eye and cheek and neck, as though his face had gone numb and he was trying to restore feeling to it. “I thought she was… a goner. Really. But then she sat up and asked me to help her get dressed.”

Kai cocked his head to one side. <Why were you naked?>

“They took our Skins. That was probably the whole reason they attacked us in the first place. We… We actually found them afterwards, carrying our Skins in their arms. They went for a swim in them. Of course, with your guardian looking like a walking corpse, they turned tail and ran in the other direction as soon as they saw us. I think it was the guy who did the dark magic, or whatever. Because your guardian attacked his girlfriend, tried to crush her with the Force…”

Kai’s expression soured. Jedi didn’t use the Force that way, and he couldn’t help feeling something akin to secondhand shame that his guardian had done it, even in self-defense. <What type of clothes were they wearing?> he began, firing off rapid questions in hopes of learning more about these mysterious attackers. <Did they have any symbols or labels on them? Any tattoos or other markings? Were they human, or near-human?>

“I don’t know,” Jorn answered. “I don’t remember all that stuff. Except, well, the girl was wearing some type of diving suit with pretty decent equipment, while the guy was in regular clothes with only a rebreather.”

<So she was prepared to go in the water, but he wasn’t,> Kai concluded. That could mean any number of things, but something in his gut told him it said a lot about the two people themselves—and so far, it was his only lead. <Did either of them have accents, or talk funny?>

“We didn’t talk to them,” Jorn replied dryly. “Too busy running or fighting for our lives.” Something dark and stormy crossed his features. “I’d had that Skin since the day I joined the Mer…”

<Why did you join the Mer?>

Jorn blinked. “Because it’s fething cool, that’s why. Get away from all these losers here on dry land, become a magical sea creature, be wild and free.”

Kai shrugged.

“You don’t get it because you don’t have to deal with half the problems regular people do,” Jorn said with a sigh. “No Jedi powers, no lightsaber, having to get a real job and take care of yourself…”

Images of a harsh and unforgiving life in an alien wilderness flitted through Jorn’s mind. Kai’s eyes met his, the doppelganger's gaze soft and understanding.

<I know what it’s like. Maybe my struggles aren’t as mundane as yours, but that doesn’t make it any easier.>

“It does give you more hope, knowing you’ve overcome the worst that life has to offer,” Jorn countered, his stare hardening once more. “I couldn’t even get past the little things.” He glanced down at the empty beer can in his hand and mumbled, “Forget about the stuff that’s actually hard.”

Turning his back on Kai, he headed back toward the bar, no doubt to get another beer and continue to drink his sorrows away. Kai remained in his spot on the beach, watching Jorn go.

<Thanks, Jorn. See you later.>

To Kai’s confusion, Jorn responded by flipping him the bird.

fiAr4tc.png

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective One:
The Potential of the Potentium
Action: Answering Questions, Hopefully changing Topics
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

Seto wanted to breathe a sigh of relief, but controlled his outward emotions to better keep up his impression of calm. The situation of the Jedi appeared mostly resolved, but no doubt it was pushed aside and later down the line it’ll rear its ugly head. It’s almost comical how much passion and anger the topic of Jedi can bring out from people. Seto wasn’t nearly as certain but he doubted discussion of sovereignty could even flare up this kind of emotional argument.

But now we broach a different subject, one of which I am woefully unprepared to give direct answers.

The young Du Couteau heir was fond of parks, ponds and forests, the green colours of nature were beautiful sights to behold. The issue begins to arise when people want more regulations to keep such attractions safe and even expand further. Empress Teta had these kinds of issues before, but the Nobility would often check and be the balance to the Corporate side of these policies. After all, the Nobility owns most of the beautiful parks and forests on Teta. Though if the Alliance as a whole were to step into these discussions, Seto didn’t even need to imagine the bureaucracy.

Just look at what happened last time.

Though things weren’t as dreary as most would believe when it came to the Alliance politics, after all Senator Organa expressed how important the Alliance was to preserve and regrow the beauty lost from the Sith. Even the Duchess of Ios explained further the great benefits of joining the Alliance and the Senate. The only way for Member World’s voices to be heard was through the Senate and voting on the direction the greater Alliance would go towards. Slow as the Alliance may move of course, though that sort of length often allowed time to recalibrate and correct mistakes.

Just difficult to see change when all the progression is small.

“Representation within the Senate is a great privilege given to all Member Worlds, and I cannot stress enough the importance of participating within the Senate. Every single vote matters when it comes to the decisions that guide the Alliance into the future.” Seto spoke, his eyes glancing across all the Chaldean Representatives.

“Furthermore, our sizable resources are made available to all Member Worlds within the Alliance to research and investigate.” Seto added.

|| Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Aria Vestra Aria Vestra | Eboi Seth Eboi Seth | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Ruus Ruus ||

That doesn't make you immortal."
Didn't it?

Jem cocked a brow, but her retort was interrupted by water spitting out around them. The AT-AT served its head left and right, the operators clearly gaining their bearings and locating targets.

GO! Before it gets its canons on us."

She didn't need to be told twice.

The padawan shot out, her movements on the jet-boots a little more stable than the moment before. Jem always found pressure made her do things that much better. The AT-AT's head followed her movements. She veered off to the and caught a potshot mid-flight. They struggled through the air, their bodies entangled.

The AT-AT's cannons veered her way, shots trailing after her in a delayed pewpewpewpew. Jem screamed in exertion kicked the potshot away, allowing him to absorb the hits that quickly caught up.

"Just keep moving, just keep moving," she could be heard saying to herself over the comms.

Zaka Zaka Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

day-after-tomorrow.png

EMERGENCE OF THE FANGED vol. I
Issue #3

GADividerPurple.png

As soon as the leading Jedi pointed out the weak point of the rising vehicle, Zaka was on the move.

The aquatic AT-AT displaced water, halting him only for a few moments before his boots propulsion pushed him through the waves created by the ventral repulsors. Springing up out of the water, the black garbed youth hit the water slicked top of the vehicle, hilt unclipped from its place as he began cutting through the joined head and body.

Blaster fire screeched and whined as it flew through the air, and he ignored it. Superheated plasma cutting through the mechanical neck joint. A quick circle, hastily made. The amphistaff slid into his palm in its coiled, snake-like form and he called out to the pair of New Jedi.

"I'm in!"

And just as soon as he said it, he was dropping in. The door to the bridge was closed, but the troop compartment was not. The amphistaff was thrown in first as he flung himself into the room. Maw grunts rising up surprised to see a Jedi among them.

Slipping into combat was his peace. It was the only time he was truly himself, to express both skill and his harmonious ties to the Force. A near perfect balance of martial skill and Force prowess.

He hit the interior deck, violet blade cleaving a bloody swathe across two of the sitting Mawites. The amphistaff spewed venom, springing from its bunched up position to leap into the throat of another unencumbered hostile. He felt the tensed warning of the Force, and felt an opening get created along his back, blood spilling free from him as he swung over his shoulder - taking the unseen Moon Child at the neck and lopped their head off.

Assailing his senses, he could feel the ominous presence of the Dark Side lingering. As if it were watching him cut superheated ribbons of its operatives. No time to search for it.

He spun to the side, just as blaster bolts shot through the space he had occupied a moment ago. A slumped over Mawite was clenching their throat with the rearing amphistaff was in the middle of springing out again. But its Master, snatched it up from its place. A well practiced rub of his thumb across the surface turned the snake-like coil into a slightly-rigid bunch. Bolts shot at him, his blade catching two as the third struck him - though save for a suppressed grunt, there was no visible slowing as the whip-like amphistaff was cracked. Carving a venomous path through the fleeing Mawites.

TAGS - Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze - Jem Fossk Jem Fossk - Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec - Saan'an Gaelor Saan'an Gaelor

Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina

They were so close to finally getting out of this stuffy office and into Chaldean terrain. Ishida's sharp tongue and Yula's lack of modesty seemed to overwhelm the ranger juuuust enough.

She could get worse if needed.

But no, now they had to sit through an instructional video. Yula slumped down into her seat with an exaggerated flourish; her already thin patience had waned away the moment she had to fill out that mind-numbing series of forms. She'd practically stripped in front of the park ranger, so now she was beyond trying to keep any polite semblance.

"Uggghhhhhhhh…" Yula groaned, completely unabashed as her eyes rolled into the back of her head. "Were we even alive when they made this?"

The video started off by extolling the majesty and danger of these positively stunning creatures, who should be approached with respect and caution. Peppered between the cartoonish images were real shots of Chaldean dragons, which caught Yula's interest. She sat straighter, single eye focused on the screen, and then the dragons…disappeared.

She slumped back down into a puddle, even further than before.

Back to the outdated animation, the Chaldean hunter was now depicted in a series of engagements of what not to do while hunting. All of his attempts ended in fire, being chased off a cliff, crushed, or all of the above.

"Hey. Pst. Heyyyyyy-" Yula whispered loudly to Ishida, trying to get the other woman's attention. She leaned over, and in her hand was a pheromone patch she'd crumpled and tightened into a ball. "Think I can hit him?" Her chin tilted, gesturing towards the ranger who appeared to have nodded off at his desk.

Without waiting for an answer, and with a chit-eating grin, she fired for his forehead.

“During the Stygian Campaign, the Alliance were the aggressors, not the defenders,” Toloth pointed out. “The Sith Empire had stagnated by then, no match for the young and fresh Alliance. Now the Alliance is the old empire trying to fend off a new generation of Sith. You rose, and now you’ll fall.” He leaned back in his chair and made a shrugging gesture with his relaxed arms, as though he were resigned to the fact that the others would not see things his way. “I only hope that when the Alliance falls, it will not drag Chaldea down with it.”

If,” Ishani corrected him. “If the Alliance falls.

“It has happened many times before,” her father replied, holding her glare. “I can’t help but see all this through the lens of history, endlessly repeating itself. But you’re right—” He glanced at Persis, the seeress whose apocalyptic visions had sparked all this diplomacy. “We have no other choice. We need protection, and if the Alliance is willing to provide, no price is too great.”

Ishani pursed her lips, still gazing at her father from across the table. He had probably planned this all along; she could picture him carefully calculating the entire scenario in his head, plotting out the course of ever possible thread of conversation or action by the delegates in the room. He knew them all, knew how they thought, how they talked, what they would and wouldn’t respond to. It allowed those who were against the motion to believe he was really on their side, while those less familiar with his manipulations might be fooled into thinking he had changed his stance after actually meeting the Chancellor and Senators.

In reality, his mind was made up from the beginning. Toloth Threepwood’s ambition had carried him out of the trenches of the Civil War, up through the ranks of the Academy, and now he was aiming for the Alliance Senate. He hid it well, but Ishani saw the gleam in his pale, piercing eyes when Senator Couteau spoke of the need to choose a representative for Chaldea.

Well, Dad, you always did underestimate me, Ishani thought, suppressing a bitter smirk.

The Queen of Alderaan and the Duchess of Ios each sought to quell Chaldea’s environmental worries and concerns over education. The representative from Bamarre seemed satisfied with their answers and sat down, asking no further questions. But now there was a palpable strain upon the Chaldeans as a whole, or perhaps an increase in the tensions that had begun with the mention of the Maw and the threat they posed to this quaint little world and its obscure people.

They were running out of subjects to discuss instead of confronting the actual matter of whether any of them thought joining the Alliance was a good idea. The plan was to take a vote at the conclusion of the meeting, with each representative casting a ballot to decide the planet’s future.

Another call for questions was made, but to Ishani’s surprise, there were no takers. Everyone was then given a chance to issue any final statements, which mostly consisted of reiterations of already established viewpoints. Finally, the Alliance delegates and anyone whose vote would not count were asked to leave the room.

Arlo stood up and hurried out, muttering under his breath about how he was going to be late to a dragon hunt. Ishani felt people looking at her, expecting her to leave as well. But instead Persis rose from her seat. “I pushed for this because of my visions, and therefore I am biased and cannot participate in the vote,” she said, placing her hand on the back of Ishani’s chair. “This one will represent the Mystics in my place.”

Though she had known it was coming, Ishani felt a thrill rush through her. Never before had she been this empowered—well, except perhaps on Folende, during her brief tenure as a Sith acolyte. She had nearly become the Lady of that remote agriworld, or at least the consort of its Lord…

Barely resisting the urge to grin at all the surprised faces around her, she settled for taking a deep breath to release some of the excitement. After exchanging a nod of gratitude or solidarity or Force-knew-what with Persis, she kept her face modestly downturned, smoothing her skirts over her jiggling legs and deftly avoiding her father’s eyes.

As soon as the doors were sealed, Lenore opened her mouth again. “We do not need these offworlders to protect us!” she hissed. “There are mercenary companies who could do a better job. I have contacts with Gellenbright—”

No mercenary army could fend off the forces of the Sith,” Ishani interrupted her, quick on the draw. “And there aren’t enough Mystics or Paladins to match them in sheer numbers. It’s simply not possible.In other words: stop it. Get some help, you mad harpy.

“Do we absolutely have no other options?” the representative of Pirivena asked.

“Aside from a complete planetary evacuation?” The representative of Nezamiyeh shook her head. “The logistics of such an effort would make it exceedingly difficult to carry out, especially on such short notice. By the time we are ready, it will be too late.”

“If we’re going to evacuate anyway, why not throw ourselves at the mercy of another major faction, like the Confederacy… or the Eternal Empire, maybe?”

This suggestion was met only by grunts and glares. While it was true that Chaldea's position, sandwiched between the Alliance and the Brotherhood’s borders, was what narrowed the debate down to a question of one or the other, exchanging one devil for another hardly qualified as a solution.

Someone swore under their breath, and the council descended into murmurs and mutterings. Toloth rapped his knuckles against the wooden table to call for order.

“The voting begins now. All those in favor of joining the Alliance?”

As the votes were tallied up, Ishani breathed a sigh of relief. The Alliance had won by a narrow margin. She sensed that most of the votes were motivated almost exclusively by fear of the Brotherhood, which was hardly ideal, but at least it got the job done. They just might stand a chance in this war.

A messenger was sent to deliver the news to the Chancellor, and the doors to the chamber were reopened. As Ishani left the room, she assumed that apart from some congratulations, the Alliance delegates would have little further interest in Chaldean politics. Besides who would be the planet’s representative in the Senate, at least, but that could only be determined via a common election. Ishani would have her work cut out for her in that department...

This entire post can be summed up in a single sentence: the Chaldeans voted to join the Alliance. The meeting is technically over, but people are still milling around, so you can talk to them. Or try to assassinate someone, idk whatever you want. This was cool to write, thanks y'all.

day-after-tomorrow.png

THE GREAT ERROR vol. II
Issue #3

kwzlsmL.png

[infocard]
FRIENDLIES:
  • 71st Patrol Recon Group 'Black Hawk'
  • Finfolk
  • Chaldean Mystics (native force users)
FOES:

"Just keep moving, just keep moving," she could be heard saying to herself over the comms.

"Finally learning are we, huh?" he smirked midway through a side cartwheel, his blade deflecting back blaster bolts. Constantly moving, performing different feats of athleticism to keep the enemy's aim as if you're on a spring floor all the time. It's what Dag had been trying to imprint on her among other things. Like not getting herself killed, primarily.

I'm in, Dagon heard the other man's voice echo from inside.

"We're going in, Jem." inside a cramped up place where your wits dictated survivability way more than any acrobatics. He'd keep their cover until she was in, then he would hop in right after.

The stench blasting inside his nostrils was far worse than anything the Moon Children could muster voluntarily.

It smelt like death.

Bodies lied strewn, limbs dotting the floor along with a head swaying with the rhythm of the waves. Up ahead, the man's purple blade shone through the darkness of the troop compartment.

Could do with less killing, but Dag personally knew war made sometimes a Jedi's scope of choices very limited.

"Let's get this door carved open." he turned his attention back to the sealed door to the cockpit of the AT-AT. Those were thick even for a lightsaber. Imps, he'd found, always made machines of war with Force users in mind. It spoke lengths about their disposition to both Sith and Jedi.

Nothing hard work and a bit of patience couldn't solve, though.

Plunging his blade into the door, expecting Jem to follow as both would draw a circle in the door together. A hole large enough for both to surge through when it was done.

"The New Jedi could do with more blades, y'know." Dag's shouted out a proposition at the man going through the troop compartment of the vehicle. While waiting on a response to the man, he'd throw a glance and a smirk at his apprentice, "You're doing well, kid."

"Maybe we'll get a Hutta burger after all this is done." nothing like humor minutes away from doomsday.

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Zaka Zaka Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Saan'an Gaelor Saan'an Gaelor

Dodge left, doge right, catch blast slas- dodge down. It was all like the simulations. Except getting shot hurt a hell of a lot of more. Jem panted as her saber carved a slow arc through the door, sweat and stench clogging up her attention as she did her best to hide a blaster burn from view.

The thrill of the mission was curbed by the exertion of trying to keep up. Never let them see you sweat, she didn't want to give him any reason to bench her moving forward. It took all the fun right out of it.

She grimaced when he complimented her performance, but it was the burger offer that finally cracked a smile out of her.

"OK but what will you eat?" Said the notorious fry thief.

The tension in her saber eased up as they connected, molten metal pooling to their feet as she kicked at the door to yank it back out. She shot him an unspoken glance.

On three?

A force push shoved into the door, weak and feeble after an experience like the battle meld at Coruscant, but it did the trick. It smashed into the pilot seats and crushed them right where they sat. Jem ran in after it, catching a remaining technician with the butt end of her saber.

"Why don't we do battle meld with him? We could overpower anyone then-- I bet even-- ug--" the technicians friend charged her and slammed her into the wall.

"Take down... the ship.. on the outside," she rasped, prying their hands off her throat.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Zaka Zaka

day-after-tomorrow.png

Issue #3

GADividerPurple.png
The first of the zealots that the snake head struck cried out, collapsing and Zaka's blade dropped, plunging through their midriff to end it. Stabbing forwards with the violent blade, Zaka saw them making a run for it to the rear compartment. Beyond the doorway, submersible vehicles they could use to escape the AT-AT.

That couldn't happen.

Stabbing forwards, the third was grabbed by the second and thrown behind him, taking the blade and forced him to stumble as his reared back arm snapped forwards. Instead of cracking it like a whip again, it was thrown, right through the doorway with the escaping Mawite just as he shut the door behind him.

"The New Jedi could do with more blades, y'know."
He could hear fussing on the other side of the door.

"Doesn't look too favourable if the news is anything to go by!" Not that he trusted the media.

A voice cried out and Zaka crashed the butt of his hilt into the doors console display. Crushing the screen and disabling the locking mechanism. The scream only got louder, and he shot his hand out to catch the amphistaff from finishing the job.

Reattaching his hilt to his belt, he produced stun cuffs and flipped the mewling Mawite over onto their stomach, already working to restrain him.

"What makes you guys worth the trouble?"

TAGS - Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze - Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

day-after-tomorrow.png

THE GREAT ERROR vol. II
Issue #3

kwzlsmL.png

[infocard]
FRIENDLIES:
  • 71st Patrol Recon Group 'Black Hawk'
  • Finfolk
  • Chaldean Mystics (native force users)
FOES:

"Anything but frieees--" his response, along with his grin, trails off into a stumble as he missed the 'three' count or she pushed prematurely. Can't tell but the pilots were out of the picture and the cockpit was theirs.

"I'm not Zark, I can'--ugh!" one of the Mawite goons wasn't having it, but neither was Dag. His leg shot upwards, kicking the marauder straight in the side of his head sending him off Jem and into a bad night's sleep. "There should be controls to shut off the repulsors, they use 'em when they put these camels in dry dock. Hit 'em and send it to the depths. Do that and maybe the burger round's on me." his stomach rumbles but so does his pocket at the thought.

Dag throws a glance back at the troop compartment where the man was restraining a marauder. Never liked answering a question with a question but it came out off his lips almost instinctively, "Anybody else fightin' the Sith?"

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Zaka Zaka Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Saan'an Gaelor Saan'an Gaelor

No better motivation than free food, not when a padawan's limited stipend was at risk. Jem slid up to the control console and left him to the rest. Her recent class on driving mechanics pulled through. She found the button and jammed it with her thumb, the blank face of a dead goon staring back at her from its seat at the helm.

Her world jolted as the thrusters cut off and sent the AT-AT crashing back into the sea. Jem brushed off goosebumps and shoved the body onto the floor. "Make that a shake, too..." Far away, where they entered, water rushed in. Air bubbled out, allowing a slow sink to take place.

They had minutes now.

Jem rolled her eyes at Dagon as she brushed by. She left her compartment for Zaka's, her heels echoing off the hall as order issued boots stamped down on the marauder back. Jem kept him down so the cuffs could be secured, her Ferrorrrorororo half leaving her deceptively heavy.

All the while she eyed the stranger, her features angular and unwelcoming. It was a stark contrast to the master at her back. She hadn't liked what he said-- or just didn't like him. "You're the one needing back up."

Water rushed into the room and surged over their feet. Alarm touched the edges of Jem's eyes. Was it a better time to mention she couldn't swim? Unlikely. She stepped off the enemies back, her ire forgotten by the sudden urgency of the water.

"We should go," said the girl, but she was already kicking off.

day-after-tomorrow.png

Issue #3

GADividerPurple.png
"Anybody else fightin' the Sith?"
The Empire were the first to come to mind, but he did not voice it. It was asinine to think that in totality, no one opposed the Maw. For if that was the case, then what was he, if not an independent blade - or assortment thereof - challenging the Brotherhood as they swept through what was once Chiss controlled Space.

These New Jedi though... Were occupied with the wants and needs of the Alliance. He need not be privy to the innerworkings of their Order to know that. Imprisonment and treatment reminiscent of a solitary hunted animal, came to the forefront of his mind next. Though he did not voice it, for he was both private, and then interrupted.

"You're the one needing back up."
She uttered amidst bodies of slain Marauders that he himself butchered. Granite features cracked into amusement, reaching down to pick the Mawite up into his arms. He couldn't help but grin, the excitement of battle still bright in his stormy gaze as his hold on the Force wanes. He no longer needed to give himself to the Force - the battle may as well have been over.

"Unasked," he reminded with a dismissive scoff. She was after all, the one the other Jedi suffered for.

He felt the pang of concern, or even fear as the water began filling the compartment, and he struck one of the buttons in the back room with the aquatic vehicles. The backside of the AT-AT opened and he planted the half-living body of the Mawite on the seat, carelessly tossing them inside.

"If we meet again, Jedi, the name is N'Jazaka." And with little more than a nod, he stepped into the vehicle and activated his comm. "LB - Ready the ship. It's gonna be cramped this ride." The propulsion kicked in, and the Jedi - and prisoner - vanished into the waters.

TAGS - Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze - Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

bIFUpnK.png

THERE'S MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SKIN A PERL DRAGON
CHALDEA | PARK RANGER'S OFFICE
Yula Perl Yula Perl

2sYS5cK.png

The video was long and dull, and where it lacked in production quality, it lacked in storytelling also.

Yula was clear to read, her body language telling her escalating boredom with the task of watching. Ishida, for the most part, agreed. The information within the video was just a bit more layman than the paperwork they'd already filled out. And only marginally more engaging.

For the most part, she watched the video through half-closed eyelids, fighting to keep her attention on the little screen so she could get outside and what they came for.

"Hey. Pst. Heyyyyyy-"

"Uh?" Her eyes opened a bit more and shifted in Yula's direction. It took a second or two to pull from the haze of boredom that had overtaken her, and she straightened in her seat and followed the trajectory of the pink rogue's intentions.
"Think I can hit him?"
Ishida hardly got the chance to agree or deny her belief in Yula's aim. The woman was already flinging the crunched-up patch toward the sleeping ranger, and Ishida let out a low growl. One hand snapped out, an invisible current knocking the route of the patch out of the linear path to land on the ranger's face. He looked so restful, and Ishida would have preferred that remain undisturbed. Yula's unused pheromone regulator landed harmlessly on the desk near the ranger's elbow, not touching him.

He hardly stirred, only letting out a low whistle in his non-lucid state.

"Come on," She muttered almost chidingly and moved to touch the screen, dragging the amount of time remaining on the screen to fast forward to 00:00:00 and roll the end credits. If they watched the whole thing, it would have been another ten dreary minutes. "Don't spoil someone sleeping on the watch. There are other ways to punish negligence."

Sliding from her seat, she stretched and walked backward toward the door with a beckon to Yula to join her.

"Let's get this hunt on."

The door was about to ding, but Ishida pointed a hand up to stop the tiny little clapper within from touching the bell's walls. They'd remain passably silent while crossing through the door.

In the fresh Chaldean air, Ishida remembered her original question back to Yula. Without the distraction of a lot of pink skin or the irritating ranger just trying to do his job. Zaavik Perl. Managing difficult family members. Hmm.

"You uh, you seem unbothered about Zaavik. When I asked you about him."

bIFUpnK.png
Objective II: Flight of the Dragons
POV: Arlo Renard, a Chaldean Mystic
Tags: Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina Yula Perl Yula Perl

Arlo Renard had left the Academy in haste before the voting began, breaking into a run not long after he felt the breeze touch his skin. The Academy’s stables weren’t far from the building he’d emerged from, and like the rest of the campus it was a thousand years old, though very much restored and well-maintained. He disappeared into the shade, emerging a few minutes later guiding a massive bird out into the sunshine.

The griffin shook herself like a dog, ruffling her off-white feathers and sending up puffs of dust. “You need a bath, Jarael,” Arlo remarked, waving the dust away from his face.

She regarded Arlo with an old and almost tired familiarity, the kind old married couples develop after spending decades together through thick and thin. Loading his gear onto her back, Arlo sang a crusader song under his breath as he lowered a hood over her eyes, put on a pair of protective goggles himself, then clambered into the saddle and flicked the reins.

Jarael spread her massive wings and took to the skies. Riding a creature like this is not like the holofilms; the view might be majestic, but the wind whips you and howls in your ears, threatening to tear you from your seat. With his gray curls blasted back and his eyes squinting against the sun, Arlo seemed relatively nonplussed by it all, but only due to experience.

Griffins were growing ever rarer on Chaldea these days, but Arlo always used them when he hunted dragons. It was both a preference and an old habit that refused to die, borne of happier days when griffin-riding was a necessity, not a curiosity found only among the old-fashioned.

As the city far below gave way to lush wilderness, he scanned the ether for signs of his quarry. They were in the midst of the migration season, which meant smaller packs were more common than the spectacle seen earlier that summer, where a seemingly endless train of dragons had blotted out the sun and belched fire and smoke into the atmosphere.

There—he honed in on a group soaring just above the treetops. This area had a lot of caves; they were probably looking for shelter underground. Flying that close to the ground wasn’t ideal for hunting, but he’d gotten away with worse.

Arlo unhooked his slugthrower, only for the weapon to slip from his grasp, tumbling down to earth. Cursing, his arm remained extended, reaching toward it—until he abruptly let go, his fingers clenching into a fist as he watched the rifle disappear from view. Setting his jaw, he grabbed his spear instead, hefting it up over his shoulder.

“Dive, Jarael!” The command was torn from his lips by the furious wind, but his leaning forward and pressing his legs into the griffin’s sides was understood well enough. She took the plunge, the air growing warmer from the heat of the dragons’ breath as they drew near to the pack...

fiAr4tc.png

Aria stood after closing statements were made, and exited the chamber at the Chaldean delegation's request. They wanted to deliberate behind closed doors about their future. Air sentiments and discuss matters that might embarrass or put their security at risk not suited for outside audiences. A routine turn in negotiations. There came a time when the entire affair was out of your hands.

The Duchess did linger a moment outside of that chamber, however. Her yellow eyes turned toward the doors that were soon being sealed behind them. It was Persis that drew the Ioshan's interest. The Mystic of the Chaldea. One that had excused herself from the proceedings... though it was difficult to say whether they would wish to talk. Could they sense Aria's connection to the Force? They hadn't called it out before the assembly, fortunately. That may indicate they didn't wish to interact at all, but only time would tell.

Sometime later the doors would reopen after a decision had been made. Chaldea's decision to join was a prudent one. Could Aria say they would be free of Alliance meddling? No, not at all. Under the circumstances, however, a free and open debate of both the strengths and weaknesses would not be conducive to the conversation. First, Chaldea needed to survive. Then both sides could spend time equivocating on matters of every kind and scope. Hopefully whoever they chose to represent them would be up to the task, and not easily swallowed by the exotic luxuries off world.

Aria would council them, of course, even if just as a social nicety, but in the end Chaldea governed Chaldea. The Order wasn't in the business of ruling entire planets. One had to trust in the Force that all things would unfold as they should so long as the people acted to manifest their destiny.

fiAr4tc.png

THE POTENTIAL OF THE POTENTIUM
CHALDEAN ACADEMY // CHANDEA

Aria Vestra Aria Vestra | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

cFh2335.png

The Alliance delegates moved quickly to close the deal. Aria further explained the GA’s views on education and environmental protection while Seto discussed the importance and value of representation in the Senate. The Chaldeans seemed satisfied enough, though they did note that with their position literally and figuratively between the Alliance and the Brotherhood of the Maw, they had little choice but to choose a side.

A vote was taken, with the result in favour of the Alliance membership. Upon hearing the news Tithe sent an aide to begin the requisite paperwork. As with all bureaucracy, there was a process that need to be followed complete with forms signed in triplicate and a petition to the Subcommittee on the Admission of New Members. But that was all red tape - Chaldea had voted to join the Alliance, and thanks to it not being a lifeless dustbowl seeking admission, they would be full members within days.

“Let me be the first to, ah, welcome you, dear friends, to the Alliance.” Tithe offered his congratulations to the delegations, many of who seemed to file quickly out of the room to attend to other matters. Tithe’s senior chief of staff, standing near the door, mentioned to his chrono. They too had a schedule to keep.

“My dear,” he exclaimed, turning to Aria as he made his way toward the exit. “Yes, would your schedule allow a short sojourn here on Chaldea? There are, how do I say, many moving pieces here to understand.” The political environment on the world was decidedly complex and layered, and it would pay to have a better understanding of what the Alliance had just signed itself up to.

With the discussions coming to an end and the Chancellor standing to take his leave at the hastening of his Chief of Staff, Ruus, made a subtle gesture with his shoulder that the Senate Guards' trained eye could detect. As Ruus turned so did all of the Honor Guard which lead a quiet procession out of the room and formed a blue and expanding bubble of protection far enough away to prevent the smothering of their charges but close enough to deter entry "In bound to transport." Ruus said in a hushed tone which was just loud enough for his comm to relay his information to the Commandos located outside of the building. A critical moment was about to be on Ruus' doorstep. The moment of transition between shelters was the most vulnerable any VIP could be no matter the preventative measures taken.

As the Senate Guards and the Alliance's leadership moved to the exit Ruus had the protective entourage close in so that the group was roughly in columns of three wide. Blue armored Commandos scoured the high levels with their visor covered eyes or macrobinoculars, others rushed out from under the now humming subluminal engines of the shuttle craft as the delegation drew closer two Commandos would separate the Chancellor from his honor guard and with haste, and some attempt at dignity, to usher him up the ramp first while the 4 Honor Guard that had seen to the Chancellor now put their attention on the secret shortlist of designated successor that accompanied Tithe.

The Senators on the other hand received less personalized care but no less attention to detail in their security as the Honor Guard and Commandos would guide them to their seats. Ruus looked around at the protection detail and then putting his hand up then dropping it in a 'cutting' motion the Honor Guards entered the shuttles then the Commandos. No longer than it took the last Commando to put his foot in to a shuttle then every ramp closed and the shuttles departed. Ruus looked to the Chancellor as if checking to make sure he was 'really there' then looked to a time display in the shuttle itself. The whole loading process took one minute and forty seconds which impressed Ruus. For him it felt like every second had dragged on.

fiAr4tc.png

As the Alliance delegation sought to depart Chaldea, the Chancellor had a sudden turn in store. Duchess Vestra turned to regard the man as he addressed her, though not by name or title. It was the polite thing to do. Which was saying something as what followed also required the polite thing to do. "Of course, Chancellor. As welcoming as the Alliance will be to such a unique world as Chaldea, there is a great deal for them to understand; and much we can still learn about them to make the most of our new relationship." Even if this was somehow an effort to occupy Aria for a time, it was not a bad idea in its own right. The Council could handle matters related to the Jedi, and the Senate was not easily led. Chaldea could use an advisor in these formative days, and Aria was happy to be of assistance.

Tithe was a shrewd man. One Aria was still trying to gauge now that he was the Chancellor. So far he'd not done anything worthy of condemnation, which given the complexities of a galactic community was always a minor miracle. It was the reason most Jedi were best served not being politicians -- in politics very little was black or white, good or evil. At the same time the politicians had a great deal to learn about the Jedi.

Much like Chaldea; though Aria would have to be quite careful in broaching that subject.

"I wish you a swift and pleasant trip, Chancellor," Aria said as the procession neared the transports. "I will keep you appraised of any developments." Something expected of her, of course, but it never hurt to affirm that she was aware Tithe would be eager to learn if something important came up. Either way, a report would be submitted for consideration to those interested; the crucial detail at the fore so they weren't discarded as not having sufficient time to read the entire thing. People would be shocked at how little legislation was actually read by Senators, or full reports by... almost anyone.

If Yula was pouting about Ishida's intervention—which she was—it was short-lived. Her indignation flipped to appreciation and she wasted no time in scurrying out of the musty room and into the fresh, hopefully dragon-laden air.

Once outside, the Zeltron inhaled deeply in victory. The Jedi's question had caught her off guard, and Yula's breath hitched heavily in her throat.

"You uh, you seem unbothered about Zaavik. When I asked you about him."

She thought for a few moments then exhaled harder than she probably needed to.

"Of course I'm bothered. Just…didn't expect it to come up."

It usually didn't, because she and Zaavik didn't run in the same circles. Dagon knew not to ask about her cousin, and she rarely brought it up. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense that Zaavik linked, in some way, the Zeltron and the Arkanian.

Taking another slow, deep breath, Yula focused on the parts of the skyline that weren't obscured by foliage. Nary a dragon so far.

"Did you know him well?" Yula thought she did, at one point. "Before his tantrum, I mean." She still wasn't sure entirely what that was about, and he hadn't been very forthcoming when she'd asked. Only angry and spiteful.

A wing clipped the sunlight streaming through the trees for a moment, just long enough for them to notice. Yula's head whipped around so sharply that she nearly snapped her own neck.

"Did you se-!"

Clonk.

The wayward revolver had found its mark on top of the Zeltron's head, connecting with a solid clunk. Yula staggered back and forth, seeing stars as she clasped the top of her head with both hands.

Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom