Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Aria Vestra

u0NkOG6.png

B E L I E V E - I N - Y O U R S E L F

• 4Q949k1.jpg

B I R T H N A M E | Aria Vestra
    A L I A S | Lady Vestra of the Iridescent Spires
    A L I A S | Duchess of Ios
    F E A L T I E S | New Jedi Order
    R E S I D E N C E | Coruscant
    R A N K | Master
    H O M E W O R L D | Ios (Custom)
    S P E C I E S | Ioshan
    A G E | 40
    S E X | Female
    H E I G H T | 5ft 11in
    W E I G H T | 140 lbs
    E Y E - C O L O U R | Gold
    H A I R - C O L O U R | White
    S K I N - T O N E | Cream
    F O R C E S E N S I T I V E | Yes
  • Vm6pQkt.png
    Vm6pQkt.png
    Vm6pQkt.png

P O L I T I C I A N | Aria has spent most of her life walking various halls of governments in the galaxy. Often as an advisor, but also as a representative of her homeworld of Ios. As a result, she has contacts in and knowledge of many star systems to help meditate disputes or provide resources in times of emergency.

C O M P R E H E N S I O N | The Force allows an open mind to perceive the wider world around them. One such use of this training is in understanding languages the practitioner has not previously learned.

R E V E L A T I O N | Aria can cleanse the minds of those afflicted by Dark Abilities, Alchemical Influences, or Spells that cloud or unduly influence others. It can also establish a means of communication with others (telepathy) and pick up on the emotional state of those nearby.

G U A R D I A N | Adept at the use of Form V and Abilities such as Protection Bubble, Aria has always prioritized the protection of the defenseless and innocent.

P A T I E N T | As a Mediator, Negotiator, and Jedi Master Aria is skilled in the art of patience and proper timing. This skill also translates into knowing when to strike a foe in combat.
  • Ddrj9mp.png
    Ddrj9mp.png
    Ddrj9mp.png

N O N - C O N F O R M I S T | Modern Jedi Orders may not be as restrict as past iterations, but Aria still at times does not uphold all expectations. Excusing her daughter from Jedi Youngling Classes to teach her real-world mediation techniques and the true depth of the galaxies' issues, for example, has drawn a number of sighs from Instructors.

A T T A C H M E N T | Aria is fond of the girl the Order took in at a young age. She adopted the girl, saw to her needs, took a personal hand in training, and would even argue to have her as a Padawan when she grew older. Some were against it, of course, but few could claim to give someone such a diverse training regimen.

I M P A T I E N T | ...or some Masters describe Aria's refusal to meditate at considerable length on matters. For everything there is a season, and one cannot always see all ends.

C O N N E C T E D | Ioshan are connected to their homeworld no matter how far they travel. An assault on their world might have severe repercussions even for Ioshan at the edges of the galaxy.

P R A G M A T I C | Part of meditation and negotiation is knowing when to compromise. The same is true in many facets of life where holding out for the best outcome is rarely the wisest choice; so Aria might accept offers others would outright refuse due to lofty principles.
  • Dawn

A young Aria Vestra was taken to the Jedi Order when her Force Sensitivity was discovered to ensure proper development. Due to the Ioshan connection with their home, however, it was impossible to truly sever her familial ties. As a result, when she was old enough, Knight Vestra returned home when she felt her family needed her to assume leadership of their House. Accepting the political requirements of such a role was, of course, not what the Council would have advised. Nonetheless, Vestra was certain it was the right course of action.

Since that day, Lady Vestra has provided counsel to numerous worlds regarding matters of local, regional, or galactic importance. Not all of her advice was accepted nor implemented, but such was not Aria's responsibility. She sought to aid others in avoiding conflict or disaster by establishing strong communities and setting aside resources to deal with environmental problems. Strong relationships with surrounding sectors also helped enable rapid response. Every deal was an exercise in give and take, which Aria believed she grew quite well at facilitating. Each planet was complex enough, but when taken to the galactic stage such concerns only grew all the more difficult to balance; and so her efforts and those like her were instrumental in keeping galactic civilization balanced.

Mid-Day

Then one day the Jedi Order found a young girl left in their care under mysterious circumstances. That it seemed to possess an innate connection to the Force did not interest Aria, however. It was the knowledge that such a youth left on their own surrounded by strangers might never realize their potential. As someone already prone to not abiding by the ideals of the Order, the Ioshan initially oversaw the girl's incorporation into the Order and then adopted the youth as Aria's own daughter, Seraa Vestra.

It was a difficult balance to strike between Ios, the Order, galactic politics, and Seraa. Aria prioritized Seraa at the top, though there were a few times Aria was called away on urgent business. As the youth grew up, her adaptive Ioshan mother began pulling her out of classes to attend local political gatherings. Once she became an adolescent, their trips expanded further out. Naturally -- after considerable argument -- once Seraa was Aria's Padawan they explored the darker and more challenging facets of the galactic community. All of which was designed to instill in the young woman that there were no easy answers. Everyone (everyone) wanted the Simple Solution to the galaxy's complex problems; and there wasn't a single instance of anyone ever finding one. They didn't exist. Every cause precipitated effects, and most of them were never truly realized until years later. At the same time, the complexities were no excuse for inaction. Seraa's exposure to the galaxy was meant to give her a wider awareness so she could make stronger choices and to accept the unintended consequences of those choices.
  • TBD​
  • Gear!

Yellow Kyber Lightsaber​
  • Private Threads
    Public Threads
    i. Name of Private thread goes here x
    i. Name of Public thread goes herex

u0NkOG6.png

Many thanks to Darth Metus for the bones of this amazing bio template.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom