Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cestus Cybernetics Droid Expo

Teslar walked into the expo with his scarred face hidden under his hood walking with the crowds as he read a pamphlet on the new SC1 Battle Droid. As he passed the other exhibits he barely glanced at them before moving on only stopping at the Z5 Maintenance Droid exhibit to place an order. Walking over to one of the cestus representatives he said "I would like to order one of your maintenance droids."

@[member='Teslar Rantarus']

The Gand manning the Z5 booth turned around, sizing up the intimidating Barabel. Definitely not the type Zullox had imagined would be interested in a droid expo, but customers were customers. Zullox, secretive speciest that he is, was promised a nice bonus if he made enough sales. Same as all the rest of them. Espousing his ideals of Gand superiority were totally out of the question right now, so he just endeavored to complete this transaction.

"Just one?" Zullox asked, ringing up the transaction. "Let me guess- ship repair, right? That's what a lot of people are buying them for."

Behind the Barabel, Zullox could see Zothustro chatting with a human. Same one that had come by this booth earlier looking for the X'Ting, said he was some bigshot from Yaga Minor or something. Zullox only half listened to what was going on when it didn't pertain to buying Z5s.

As the gand spoke Teslar gazed toward at the Z3 Labor Droid getting an idea turning to the gand as he finished he said "You would be right but when your ship is as old as mine you need one. I also need ten Z3s, a Z4, and a Z1."
[member="Zothustro Quill"]

"Ten Z3s and one Z5, coming right up." Zullox replied, pleased that the Barabel had opted to buy more than one droid. Made him look good. The Gand ran the information through the system, tugging absent-mindedly at a tube on his breathmask as he waited. "Will you be paying in cash or credit?"

Kazen walked into the expo. He noted the rich smells of oil exhaust and the food vendors. He motioned to his IG-88 droid bodyguards to follow him inside. He saw a battle droid stall and walked forward to it. He reached into the pocket of his black silken robe and pulled out a wallet full of credits. He sent one of his bodyguards to his ship to get the rest of his credits that were in a small briefcase. He waited impatiently and crossed bot sets of arms as he waited for the droid to return. The droid returned after around five minutes with the briefcase. Kazen walked forward and smiled at the vendor. "I'm interested in a dozen of your battle droids, a dozen of your servant droids and two of your assistant droids." He said. He hoped to present these droids to his next Hutt employer as a gift. And the assistant droid and six of the battle droids would be Kazen's. [member="Zothustro Quill"]

Cestus Cybernetics Droid Expo seemed like the perfect place to take my brand new bodyguard Bucket. One of [member="Jared Ovmar"]'s SC1 Battle Droids, Bucket'd been a gift from my solid and I'd quickly taken to painting its panel work in a lacquered white with aqua blue accents. Maybe someone here could give me ideas on modifying Bucket's personality matrix and adding a bit more AI. Hey, I like someone to talk to and the days get lonesome when you're a High Councillor for the Fringe.

Grabbing a drink off a tray, I sip it and my eyes shut. "Aw, Bucket this is fantastic! Leave it to the X'Ting, eh? Not that you would know. Gee, someday I have to make friends." A timid chuckle and I'm off to look at the amazing circle of droid-life around the Expo. There are Administration droids and cleaning droids and one that would be perfect for the Sumatiyara. I'm so busy having fun I pass straight by Jared's booth without saying a word.

Okay so the rush of pheromones and rise of flirtatiousness in the atmosphere is when I double back. "Woa! Dude, I didn't see you. There's so much here!" Hopping up to Jared, I wait for the flirtastic Master to finish up with one of the cascades of women and check a Zabrak ([member="Siska Shivali"]) out. 'Cute, love the hair, eh Jared?' I let my inner voice thrill into his mind with a tiny hint to the level of cuteness abounding. Pushing my glass into my mouth, I sip it and hand it to Bucket. "This is the best. There's like, four maintenance droids I want to get, and at least one of the administrators. . . and the people are buzzing around but none of them are hitting my empathic mind. Success is mine. oh! Talk to you later! There's a guy! You're amazing!" The head guy! Follow, Anders! I hop away and take off at a jog. The atmosphere is beginning to swell in my head, there's so much excitement my skin's going to flush with it. Excitement, poise, greed, a revolving door of mental character I've got to guard against before I leave Anders behind.

Flagging him down isn't the easiest when you're a lanky young adult in the middle of all these wealth of nobility and characters, but flag down I try. Okay so flagging him down is less flagging and more waiting on the right moment. I count on my fingers all the droids I'm going to get. Sweeeeeeet. [member="Zothustro Quill"]

Teslar pulled out his credit chip handing it to [member="Zothustro Quill"] answering his question as he did. "If I am satisfied with these droids I can assure you that I will order more."(OOC:I also put that I needed a Z4 and a Z1)

(( Forgot to put it in my response, sorry. Consider them sold. ))

"Cestus Cybernetics aims to please." Zullox assured the man. "You'll have no trouble with these droids, I assure you."

Zullox accepted the credit chip, sliding it through the machine. There was a satisfactory beep as Teslar's account was charged the appropriate amount. Nothing felt quite so good to the Gand as a successful transaction. Telling people they didn't have enough credit was something of a nightmare for him, so he was glad he didn't have to this time around.

"Would you like us to ship them to a specific address or pick them up at our distribution center on Celanon?"

-----​

@[member='Kazen']

The vendor manning the Z2 Servant Droid was a Nautolan woman who blinked in awe at the sight of being paid in cash. Leeha, like the rest of the vendors, had somewhat expected that a few of the more wealthy individuals about the expo would purchase one or two droids in cash. Definitely not for an order this size. His appearance was a little intimidating, and the fact that he was paying in cold hard cash suggested he was either in to shifty business or going into shifty business. The two assassin droids following him around also rang some alarm bells.

But Leeha, like the rest of the vendors, were not being paid to blow whistles. They were there to process transactions and try not to make ludicrous assumptions based on appearances, payment methods, and protective company.

"You'll have to head over there if you want to buy the SC1s." She explained calmly, inputting the man's order into her datapad and indicating the extravagant booth of Jared Ovmar. "Santhe Corporation handles SC1 sales. Cestus just provides the droid brains for them."

Leeha beckoned over an on-duty Z1 Assistant Droid to help tackle the task of counting all this money when the time came. "Would you like your order to be shipped somewhere or pick them up at our distribution center?"

-----​

@[member='Anders Sivas']

The representative from Yaga Minor's shipyards eventually left Zothustro alone, and the X'Ting was finally able to scratch another planet off his list. Too many industrial accidents over on those shipyards. Yaga Minor apparently needed some labor droids to handle the more hazardous work and replace the injured laborers. Hopefully they could clean up their act in the future, but didn't bet on it. Satisfied nonetheless, Zothustro continued on, only to spy someone attempting to flag him down.

It was not a Muun, judging from the man's spritely behavior, so that made it somewhat unlikely it was a representative from Mygeeto. Pity. Zothustro would look for him later. Cestus' CEO was already on his way over when he spied the decorated SC1. Hannibal would probably be annoyed by such a sight, but Zothustro's attachment to the Fondorian's creations was not nearly so strong. Or irrational.

Eventually Zothustro got within speaking distance. A whole mess of chitters and clicks spewed forth from the X'Ting's mandibles. To anyone who wasn't fluent in X'Ting, it was utterly meaningless. Just noise. This was why the clasp on Zothustro's cloak also functioned as a high-quality translation device. Almost as quickly as the X'Ting clicked his mandibles, the translator spat them back out in a monotone, metallic basic.

"<< Can I help you? >>"

I'm not the most impressive sight. Sure, I've got cheekbones and a sleek physique but I'm as breakable as a paper bag and twice as noodle-y. Even my grasp on the Force is stunted where most things are concerned, especially in the realms of defence and combat. I'll never use a lightsaber or throw a punch. I do have one skill, and that's my mind. Although in a place like this being telepathically capable of communication and reading an alien species I have very little exposure to is ludicrous, my mind's natural net takes in the chitters and clicks of the X'Ting and is beginning to work on compiling a telepathic database to Comprehend [member="Zothustro Quill"]'s Speech. Maybe in three years and immersion I'll be fluent. Right now it's a curio, a self-expression of how I'm growing in my Mentalist pursuits as I recognize the clicks and chitters as a language with structure. Not one I can understand, mind, but it's speech. Go me. I'm learning. That, and it sure helps he's got the translator clasp.

Hands fly together and I clasp them tight. "Yes! Yes, you can help me." Bucket settles behind my left shoulder, its scanners probably blazing with signatures and threat detection. Bucket's being here is reminding me to thank [member="Jared Ovmar"] with the sort of present only Andra can give. Over and over. I yank a small data pad out of my pocket and flash my credentials on it. "High Councillor Anders Sivas, of the Fringe Confederation."

Hey, I nearly never (ok maybe that one time I really wanted to beat the line for the bathroom) flash my credentials, but this place? If I want anything I'm sure it's the only ticket in I have without begging Jared. And hey! I am independent Anders! Do it myself Anders! I am… not talking yet to the dude I flagged down! How rude of me.

"I want to buy some droids. Well, wouldn't have come to a Droid Expo if I didn't, would I? Other than the food and the drinks and the music isn't bad either, I'm babbling I'll stop now. Ah, my list… I had it here somewhere… aha!" Flicking madly through the data pad, I come to an itemized list:
  • 4 Z5 Maintenance Droids
  • 2 Z1 Assistant Droids
  • 2 Z2 Servant Droids
"I heard down the vine that your company designed the brains of the SC1's. Do you mod existing SC1 Droid Brains, too?" I look to Bucket. It would behoove me to have a bit more personality in the droid, if it could be managed. Someone to talk to I wouldn't lose the symbiotic empathy battle to in my head.

"Ship it to Kamino. These coordinates." Kazen said as he held a datapad out to the nautolan woman. She handed him a list of expenses. Kazen counted up the proper amount of credits and gave them to the nautolan. He reached his hand out exposing his Black Sun tattoo that was proudly displayed on the back of his hand. He dropped the last two credits onto the table as the frightened nautolan woman realized just who exactly was purchasing the droids. KAzen saw her face and smiled. "I'd like a form to ship my droids." He said. [member="Zothustro Quill"]

"Pick up" he said in his deep voices as he took his credit chip back from the gand "I wonder to much for delivery." With that he turned from [member="Zothustro Quill"] and walked to the SC1 booth he was going to need guards for his new idea.

Live in Light, Surf Master
What could possibly take the Viceroy of Tythe away from both his fleet and his planet? It had been eight hundred years since Manu had seen current droid technology, and the 7 foot Echani was tired of asking the damned coffee maker to press his clothes. Manu Xextos needed a recon in new technology like a Toydarian needed a bath on Tatooine. SO many features! Expansions! The servant droid floated instead of walked like an arthritic in a tin tracksuit. For the longest time, Manu wandered with a drink and a few morsels popping into his mouth from various trays and tables as he passed them by. Music too had changed since he'd woken up and it was little wonder he'd been such a land-stranded fish, when he'd spent all his time taking down Sith or acclimatizing to the Templars.

'Goddess' Hounds I've been around monks and crusaders too long. Ooo! Battle droids!' Manu shuffled over to the SC1 demonstration area like a kid seeing the best new toy. He bent to inspect some of the ins and outs and couplings and seals on the nearest example droid, it was as foreign as another galaxy's core. A conglomerate of progress Manu was realizing was beyond his scope. He'd better buy a droid or two to help familiarize with the new ins and outs of both battle and leisure.

"Serious construction, but how much of a beating can they take?" Manu said aloud, not really thinking of whom he was addressing in the booth. [member="Jared Ovmar"]

It was a short stroll to the SC1 booth upon reaching there he began to think on his new idea it was one that he would need security for and hopefully he would be able to make a nice profit. As he waited for a representative to process his purchase he inspected one of the droids on display. [member="Jared Ovmar"]

@[member='Anders Sivas']

This guy sure babbled a lot. A little babbling never hurt anyone, though, especially not the person they were buying things from. Zothustro listened attentively, antenna twitching every so often. This guy was also a High Councillor for the Lords of the Fringe, though what of had been left out. Zothustro would research it later. Whatever he was, Fringe space was territory Cestus intended to move into one day, so even if this guy had asked for something totally bizarre Zothustro would've given it to him. Friends in high places and all that jazz.

Zothustro looked at the itemized list in front of him. No doubt this guy had the credit for it, but Zothustro wasn't a vendor at the moment. He would need to bus that through some other guy.

"<< You will have to give that list to one of our vendors. They can process that order. >>" The X'Ting said, or rather, his translator did. "<< As for the modification, it is an atypical request. What did you have in mind? >>"

-----​

@[member='Kazen']

She blinked again. She wasn't going to, like, freak out or something. That would be a very poor representation of women in a working environment. Technically, the Black Sun were less a criminal enterprise and more a government these days. It was hard to keep thinking of them as scary when they were more interested in opening schools than trafficking drugs. Such was the times they lived in.

Leeha and the droid counted the credits to ensure they were the correct amount. Once that was settled, she inputted the coordinates to Kamino, and the order was subsequently approved.

"A form? There's no paperwork. Your purchase will arrive at the coordinates in a few business days."

As soon as the deal of the new sponsorship of Arceneau Trade Company and the Southern Systems Business Bazaar came in from the Mandalorians, Danger was quick to utilize those same contracts and businesses in Mandalorian space to push the economy and provide her what she would need for the fifty trade and fuel stations that would soon be scattered across Mandalorian space.

Mandalore, The Wheel, Roche Asteroids, Maridun, Celanom, Bandomeer, Taris, Garqi, Muunilist, Ithor, Serreno, Yaga Minor, Taanab, Thule, Yavin. Mygeeto, Togoria, Concord Dawn, Adumar, Bastion, Droumond Kaas, Dathomir, Vaal, Junction, and Ord Mantell.

It would be one of the biggest purchases likely for Cestus Cybernetics to see.

@[member='Danger Arceneau']

The online order was promptly approved and would be shipped out to locations of Danger's specifications. Thanks for shopping Cestus.

[member="Zothustro Quill"]
"Vendor, got it." Do I feel awkward for spending money today? Nope! Jared's off flirting with show girls and I'm having the time of my life. Perfect afternoon, all in. I slap Bucket on the shoulder and nod to my SC1 droid. "Bucket's my personal bodyguard and decked out to the nines, but Bucket's personality could use a bit more… authenticity. It's going with me everywhere from Committee rooms to war zones and I'd love to be able to talk to a more substantially personable AI. …. it's like this: a programmed droid will do what you want it to, right? Sure. But one that grows into that programmed protectiveness? That's going to be one special droid. And in my line of work, I could use more of a free thinker. Got anything for that? Upping the AI personality, maybe adding in some medical triage knowledge?"

Is this the single handedly most stupid thing I've said, or one that'll make Bucket awesome? Who knows, but I've got the money for it. Well, Jared has the money for it. Well, he won't mind. . .

@[member='Anders Sivas']

What this guy was looking for was a sapient droid. Zothustro wasn't entirely sure why someone would want such a thing, but to each their own. Droids did their best work when personalities weren't getting in the way. This guy didn't want a worker, though. He wanted a steadfast, fully automated companion. Far be it for Zothustro to deny such a request. After all, the guy was already a customer (as evidenced by his possession of the droid), and a leading member of the Fringe's government. It would be downright idiotic to deny him his request or dissuade him from it.

"<< You would need to transport him to Cestus Cybernetics for the upgrade, but it can be done. >>"

It was not actually an upgrade, but that word always sounded better to customers.

"<< All that would need to transpire is the removal of the personality inhibitor protocols we have programmed into the droid. Once that is done, Bucket will gradually become more self-aware. The more stimulating situations the droid is placed in, the faster it will transpire. Personality will manifest shortly after. As for basic medical knowledge, that can also be arranged. >>"

[member="Zothustro Quill"]'s clicks and chitters are beginning to come easier as language to me now, I keep tugging at the telepathic ether of my brain, pushing at the ability to comprehend such strange speech to a humanoid sentient as I. It's slow, but the line-work is beginning to grow. Kind of fitting, from what I understand Bucket will be going through the same transformation. "How long will the upgrade take?"

I laugh, looking back toward Santhe Corp's booth and [member="Jared Ovmar"]. "Yeah, don't think finding stimulating situations will be a problem. Let's do it."

@[member='Anders Sivas']

"<< Manipulating the droid brain without damaging it is difficult, even just for programming modifications. >>" Zothustro explained, deciding not to mention the self-destruct system out loud or in detail.

Cestus was very protective of its patents. It was a necessary security measure, if a product of paranoia. It was also a little egotistical and self-flattering to think that the J1 Droid Brain was revolutionary enough in design that anyone would attempt to crack one open and reverse engineer it.

"<< This planet lacks the proper facilities and staff to do such a thing. You would have to visit our production plant on Ord Cestus. The process itself should take no more than an hour. >>"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom