Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cestus Cybernetics Droid Expo

Please see here for rules. To reiterate, no violence or otherwise disruptive actions, please.

CELANON SYSTEM, CELANON
CELANON CITY, CONVENTION CENTER

The Celanon City convention center was a large, expansive building. Generally it was reserved for political rallies and the like, but this time the posh building had been rented out by Cestus Cybernetics, an upstart droid manufacturing company based out of the nearby Ord Cestus system. Since the launch of its first products, the company had garnered a respectable following. Nothing too expansive, just a few custom orders here and there. A little more than enough to fund this little expo. If this went as planned, Zothustro had every confidence this would catapult Cestus to a few super important deals in Mandalorian space, which would in turn enable them to expand elsewhere.

Among the throngs of droid enthusiasts, Zothustro had heard a rumor that representatives of retailers and dignitaries from a handful of systems in Mandalorian space would be attending. Zothustro had to make it a point to get track them down and knock their socks off, or so the saying went as Hannibal described it. X’Ting did not wear socks, so Zothustro had no idea what they were, how they functioned, or why it was important to remove them. It was probably a mammal thing. Mammals were weird. Apparently most of them just stayed the same gender their entire lives. Totally ridiculous.

Zothustro meandered through the throngs of people who made up the crowd at the expo, stopping every so often when an enthusiast happened to recognize him as the CEO. A lot of them assumed he had been the ones who designed the droids for whatever reason. The spread of that misinformation would make Hannibal happy, but Zothustro corrected them where he could anyway. There were a number of booths set up for each droid Cestus was presently marketing, some of them showing statistics and displays, others giving live demonstrations as to what the droids could do. There were also a number of concession stands and restaurants doling out food to whoever came too close. Celanon was a varied planet, which left no shortage of catering companies for Cestus to drag here.

There were numerous electronic directories scattered about the area. Most of the information on them wasn't terribly relevant to what most people were here for, but they did contain the list of active booths and schedules.

BOOTHS:

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
tumblr_m5tzb2p96L1rqlfp9.gif

As logic dictated Jared Ovmar stood at the booth of the SC1, honestly he was not really sure what he was doing it. His assistants could have handled this, scratch that a monkey could have handled it. There was really nothing that much to do here, except laugh, smile, give a few handshakes and watch the money flow in.

But he had given a promise to Hannibal that he would be here, the fact that the bounty hunter himself did not seem to be here… well… vengeance would soon follow. What he wouldn’t give for a drink, or two.. maybe three. Sadly he had to stay sober for this, Zoth had already notified him that he would have to get on stage and speak a little bit.

Can’t get drunk on the podium. Well… you could, but there were cameras here. No need to make an ass out of yourself where everyone could see, and film you.

“Oh yes, the SC1 is really the best battle droid out there, miss. Come on, look at me, would a guy like me really just say something without meaning it?”

He added a smile. For some reason people, especially women, liked his smile.

“Alright, how about this. After the booth is over, I will give you a special demonstration on the finer workings of the droid. That should… convince you of it’s ableness. Excellent, find me when the expo is done.”

After that was done, he started to look for more prospected buyers.

[member="Zothustro Quill"]

[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Zothustro Quill"]

Ordo arrived to the Droid expo with his credit account and a new set of armor. Celanon was Mandalorian territory so he was one of the first to arrive and as the new owner of MandalTech he was in need of a bulk order of droids to help get the company running more efficiently. Could je just build his own droids? Yes but that took time. Time that could be used building up his product list. He walked along looking at the various droids and making notes on his data pad.

"Yup I will be filling a cargo hauler before I leave here."

@[member='Ordo']

One of the salespeople manning the expo, a Gran with a Charlie Chaplin-esque mustache by the name of Lien Bas, spotted Ordo entering the building. Not only that, but his acute Gran hearing allowed him to hear the Mandalorian's comment regarding exactly how many droids he wanted to buy. Cha-ching. This could be his lucky break. If he clinched a big sale today, maybe his wife would talk to him again.

Nothing to lose, Lien approached Ordo. "Anything I can help you with, sir?"

"Yeah I need a bulk order for my company." Ordo said handing the Gran his data pad with his list.

-datapad reads-
x0025 Z1 Admin Droids
X0010 Z2 Sevant Droids
x3400 Z3 Labor Droids
x0050 Z4 Cargo Loading Droids
x4075 Z5 Maintenance droids-

Ordo crossed his arms and looked at the salesman who probably hadn't expected an easy sell, but Ordo knew what he wanted.

"Can you handle that or do I have to talk to sparky over there?" He said pointing @Jarex Ovmar.

@[member='Ordo']

Lien was grateful he had not been drinking anything at the exact moment he was handed the datapad. If he had been, he probably would have spit it out in a comical display of total chock. Thankfully he wasn't, though even if he had been it was arguable it would have happened anyway. Way too cliche. This was the sale that was going to make him a made man, and he didn't even have to do a pitch. This guy already knew what he wanted. All he needed was Lien's signature.

"Who, that guy?" Lien looked over at Jared Ovmar, each of his three eyes blinking independently of one another.

"Nah, he only handles that one droid. All of yours are Cestus-made only, so you just need..." His mouth dried up for a second, but he managed through it. "Uh, if you'll just accompany me over to one of the registers, we can process this transaction. You know, figure out where you want this to go and give us the prerequisite information."

Innovation was a growing trend that gripped the Galaxy in its unrelenting hands. Ever since the break of the Darkness, bold men and women had banded together in order to push the limits of what was possible. New Hyperlanes were explored, new technologies were created, and the overall quality of life skyrocketed. Personally, Tyri was the sort of person who saw the value in innovation and always made it a point to support those dedicated to pushing the boundaries of what was possible; even if they became competition in a particular market. As such, the CEO of the reformed Czerka Corporation made a rather modest entrance into the Expo. Garbed in his typical Executive-class Formal Wear; which consisted of a suit and tie, the slick-haired Echani strolled confidently through the displays with intrigue dancing within his eyes. Ultimately, he came to a halt before the SC1 Battle Droid exhibit and let out a low whistle. He had heard about Cestus Cybernetics' pride and joy, which featured an advanced droid brain, but to see it up close brought a grin to his face.

Looking to the charismatic [member="Jared Ovmar"], Tyri simply stated: "I'll take one thousand. Force knows I could use the extra security about the office and whatnot." From there, it was only a matter of waiting for his newly-hired assistant, [member="Keziah Denko"], to arrive in order to assist in the fulfillment of his business here today. For Tyri was not only a guest, but he was here on business to fulfill his obligations to the Techno Union...and his own interests.

Ordo nodded and followed the Gran to the registers. His black armour reflected the lights from numerous droids and displays. Hos big boots thudded as he made his way to give his account and shipping information.

When they stopped Ordo got his information ready to hand over.

"I need them all shiped to the MandalTech facilities on Taris as soon as they are ready." Ordo told the man.

Stepping into the expo Keziah did her best not to stop and stare at all of the displays. It was hard though as she had never seen so many different droids before still she was here on business. It wouldn't look good to her boss if she spent her time at the booths instead of attending to business matters. Keziah wished to please him and show him that he had made the right choice.

Scurrying away from the booth she was at the young woman made her way towards where she saw [member="Tyri Lsu"] standing. She had dressed for the occasion in a blue dress completed with black heels. Since she was new Keziah had thought it safest to go with something not too crazy but still her. She wished to feel him out first and see what was alright. Getting fired on her first outing was not apart of her agenda. She rather liked her position and how things were going.

"Sir," she stated from behind him datapad in hand. "I can finish up here if you would like." Keziah was more than capable of handling the mundane details such as payment and shipping while he visited other booths. She could catch up with him when she was done.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

@[member='Ordo']

"You got it, broskie." Lien said, deftly smacking the touch screen of the register with his meaty Gran fingers.

He put in the order for all the separate droids. Just over seven thousand of them. It made his heart sing, it really did. Lien also narrowed down the delivery point for the droids to a single address on Taris and subsequently input it. It would take a few weeks to load up all those droids and delivery them, but by the Force, Cestus would get it done. They would probably follow up with Ordo at another point to see whether or not his experience with Cestian droids was a positive one, but that was fairly late game.

Lien slid Ordo's credit chip through the reader, automatically charging the Mandalorian's bank account. A bank account that was, no doubt, bursting at the seams. Lien was more than happy to alleviate that problem. It was the least he could do.

"Alright, you're all set up, my man." Lien said, waiting only a few moments for the transaction to read approved. He angled the register's touch screen towards the Mandalorian, holding out a stylus for him to take. "Just sign there and you'll be golden."

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
The Count soon arrived at the expo to view the products on sale, followed by his pair of IG-100 Magnaguard protectors, who kept close vigilance over passers-by, and their owner. He always needed new droids to defend his private residence on Void Station, and his business operations. He eyed the SC1 Battle Droid model on display, before approaching Zothustro. ''How much for fifty of those?'', he said with curiosity.

@[member='Count Morcus']

Zothustro's antennae twitched as he heard someone address him. The hunched X'Ting turned to face the human speaking to him, a bearded male with his own bodyguard detachment. He looked like a nobleman- talked like one too. Definitely a good customer, but a shame he wasn't looking for any of Cestus' droids. He was much more interested in the SC1.

Zothustro chittered in his usual X'Ting language, the translation device clasped around his neck converting his speech into something understandable. It blurted out Zothustro's words in a mechanical monotone.

"<< You will want to speak with Mr. Ovmar. The Santhe Corporation directly oversees all sales of SC1 Droids at their booth. It's right over there. >>"

Zothustro pointed towards the dapper [member="Jared Ovmar"], indicating the war pig to the Count.

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
The Count nodded, before proceeding over to the Santhe Corporation booth, his droid protectors in tow. He politely nodded to Jared, before speaking. ''My greetings to you, friend. I seek to purchase some of your SC1 units. I've heard they're quite formidible. How much for fifty of them? The amount of credits required for their purchase are of no financial concern for me.''

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Siyndacha Aerin

S
She had known about this expo before [member="Marek Starchaser"] had even proposed the idea of going. She knew that he knew that she would know (she always did know about things like this, and in fact it was how they had met!), so the thing of his asking was merely a formality, except for the fact that she might not have ever thought to bring it up, and simply would have short-noticed him that she was going anyway. General technological expos were one thing, but a droid expo? Droids made her eyes light up. And the other side of that, of her being here, was seeing what the latest things were on offer. She had done her research on Cestus, extensively, and knew what kinds of things she might expect to see here today.

Even [member="Jared Ovmar"]. She'd get around to him at some point, but what she was really hoping for was to meet the designer, [member="Hannibal Oryen"]. She could hope... it was always the designers in firms like these that were the most interesting out of everyone that worked on the projects, because most of the time, it was these people that birthed the ideas that became the reality, the final product. Her eyes flicked over to where [member="Zothustro Quill"] was conducting business, certain she would gravitate in his direction at some point as well. But for now, she wandered slowly, keeping pace with Marek in her soft grey, two-inch heels, black pencil skirt, and red, long-sleeved blouse. Not that it was obvious at all, but she was trying to prove something by shirking the coveralls on a more regular basis, and it wasn't to herself that she needed proving. She knew full well what she was capable of.

"What do you think so far, Mr. Starchaser?" She queried, the only items on her person being one small purse tucked under her left arm, and her ever-present tablet, both hands curled around the lower edge, resting it against her thighs as they meandered along.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Her long ponytail swayed back and forth as the young Zabrak woman made her way through the throngs of people. Holding onto the Cestus Cybernetics Expo flyer with both hands for dear life she struggled to see over the crowds of people. Cestus was one of the premier droid manufacturing companies in the galaxy, and a maverick as well. It had seemingly come out of nowhere these last few years but talk of their new joint battle droid was all the rage on the holo-net droid forums.

Specifically, the J1 Droid Brain.

As the bass of her music bumped in her ears she couldn't help but internally salivate at the prospect of getting to work with a J1. Without even noticing she walked right into the booth [member="Jared Ovmar"] and the joint SC1 Battle droid. "Karking hell...What?" She looked up, taking the wireless bud from her right ear, her green eyes looking down at the booth and then the droid, and her eyes began to sparkle.

Zothustro only nodded politely to the human man as he continued to speak. Garqi was apparently predicted to experience a labor shortage in the coming decades, and this particular businessman was already looking to soften the blow. This man needed Z3s and a whole mess of other labor droids to help his estate cope. Zothustro was more than happy to help him out, and establish a market for Cestian droids on the planet as a result.

"<< I am sure we can come to an arrangement. >>" Zothustro eventually said, holding out a business card for the man to take. "<< We should discuss this at length later, after the expo. Contact me when you are available. >>"

The man nodded, said his thanks, and departed into the crowd. One down, seven to go.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Marek sort of felt like he was losing himself a little bit. He was doing his job, but for whatever reason lately, he was just not feeling it. He needed to see what other people were doing, something to get him excited with his whole role within the Confederacy. What he was craving was the open space lanes and missions that would send him around the galaxy. But being the Foreman, those were far and few between.

He could remember the whole reason to come to the expo on Ord Cestus, and that was definitely some of the droids. The SC1 was the big one, wasn’t it? He thought so, lucky for him, he had Sindy around.

Besides, having her here to tell him what exactly he was seeing was infinitely useful. He was just hoping that he wasn’t making a fool of himself out here. “So far? Its not that bad.” He smirked. There were a few faces he recognized, namely [member="Jared Ovmar"]. And of course [member="Zothustro Quill"].

“Take some time to check out everything, and let me know your feelings?” He looked at [member="Siyndacha Aerin"] and nodded. He was going to have to do what he did best, and get reads off of the people. Right, because he do somethings better than others, and people skills were low on his list.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Well, well.. business at last, and Jared went off to help the people that were standing in quite literal lines to buy the SC1s from him. Honestly, there was not much to say, first customer came up. The CEO of Czerka Arms himself, now wasn’t that an interesting show.

“Of course, mister Lsu. My assistant will be glad to be of service to you.”

Second up seemed to be Nobility or something, maybe a.. Count? Whatever his title was, Jared nodded at the request.

“Certainly. Dorothy over here will be happy to accommodate you, she will do a standard credit check and then you can enjoy the firepower of a genuine SC1 backing you… multiplied by fifty.”

Next came a Zabrak girl, who didn’t seem to be interested in buying anything… yet. So as a true spokesman of the Cestus Initiative, Jared walked over to her and gave her one of his smiles.

“My Lady, how is it that I can help you this fine evening?”

[member="Siska Shivali"] [member="Count Morcus"] [member="Tyri Lsu"]

"Excellent." began the Echani, regarding his fellow businessman with a nod of respect. He then turned his attention to [member="Keziah Denko"] and motioned for her to step closer. "Miss Denko, if you wouldn't mind speaking with Mr. Ovmar's assistant please? Have the SC1s sent to the Kalee office." he said, stepping in her direction. Leaning forward, he placed a kiss upon her cheek and continued to stride off to explore additional booths at the Expo. His eyes danced from display to display, with both a child's intrigue and a businessman's intuition gleaming in his eyes.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]
[member="Keziah Denko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom