Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public [Centerra] - Springtide Event Contest

TAGS: Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Valery Noble Valery Noble @ OPEN to every one just dont be a jerk thx

[Centerra]

On the radiant shores of Centerra, where the sun-kissed sands meet the crystal-clear waves of the sapphire sea, the Kingdom of Knight's Hollow was abuzz with excitement. Today marked a special occasion, a tradition cherished by all who dwelled within the kingdom's borders and beyond. It was the day of Springtide a vibrant celebration, honoring the exuberance of youth and the spirit of athleticism. This year, the festivities have found their stage on the enchanting sandy shores of Siren's Cove,

A long runway extended from the edge of the forest, made of polished wood that gleamed under the afternoon sun, leading to a grand podium. Rows of seats filled with eager spectators from all corners of the kingdom and neighboring lands formed a semi-circle around the runway, providing a splendid view of the event to come.

Banners in hues of azure, gold, and emerald fluttered in the gentle sea breeze, mirroring the colors of the sea, the sun, and the lush greenery that framed the shores. The air was filled with the soft song of lutes and flutes, creating an atmosphere of festive cheer.

This year's main event is a swim suit contest to be the highlight of the season's jubilation, attracting participants and spectators from every corner of the realm and beyond. Participants from various provinces had spent months designing their swimwear, infusing them with creative artistry, and a touch of their personal cultural tastes. Ensembles were meant to be a canvas that portrayed the essence of spring.

Judges from esteemed guilds—the Artisans of the Azure Loom, the Enchanters of the Emerald Tower, and the Scribes of the Silver Quill would service for the competition that was to take place, center stage.

Vendors from across the kingdom had eagerly set up their shops along the fringes of the beach, offering a plethora of tropical drinks concocted from the juiciest fruits and the clearest, coolest waters, promising a taste of paradise. The cuisine paid tribute to the bounty of both sea and earth; delicacies made from the freshest sea creatures were served alongside dishes celebrating the new blooms and sprouts of spring, ranging from grilled sea bream wrapped in fragrant leaves to salads sprinkled with the season's first flowers.

Other vendors sold handcrafted goods, including jewelry and wind chimes fashioned from colorful sea glass and shells, woven herbal spring wreaths, glowing coral centerpiece decorations, and stations for making colorful sand art. Additionally, carved flutes and brightly colored cover-ups that captured the essence of nature in their colors and patterns, hand-painted toy boats, and more, were available at the bazaar, offering a wide range of unique souvenirs.

Along the beach, small groups of people engaged in ocean play or participated in beach sports, while young individuals built sandcastles, immersing themselves in the joyous atmosphere of the spring celebration.

Objective 1:
While the main attraction of the event was the Swim Suit Contest, boasting a grand prize of an all-inclusive, three-week vacation in the illustrious mountains of Everwinter. This prize includes a week dedicated to indulging in any available treatments at a local spa for a truly relaxing experience, complemented by an artisan-made portrait of the swimsuit contest winner.

Objective 2: In addition to the main event, there was a smaller contest for sand sculptures. This competition offered a rather mysterious prize: a corked bottle containing a piece of parchment rumored to be a map of some sort, sparking intrigue and excitement among young participants.

Objective 3:
Beyond the competitive events, attendees enjoyed a variety of food and drinks, immersing themselves in the cultural richness of the bazaar. This aspect of the event provided a delightful opportunity for cultural exploration and fun, complementing the competitive spirit with a taste of local tradition and culinary excellence.

Last edited:

Matthew invited Shuklaar to discuss business proposals during the Springtide Revelry, aiming to introduce him to the cultural richness of Centerra. They met in a specially arranged tent with a view of the festivities, surrounded by a spread of local dishes and drinks that showcased Centerran culinary traditions.

"I think you should try the coconut shrimp dish. " Matthew picked up a piece of Coconut Honey Shrimp, its crispy coating sparkling slightly. "This," he said with a hint of excitement, "is a special dish for today. It's a blend of sea's bounty and our local sweetness." He handed the shrimp to Shuklaar, its creamy sauce rich with honey, mayonnaise, and a zest of lemon, topped with candied walnuts and toasted coconut flakes for an extra crunch.

Beach! Beach! Beach! Iko chanted to himself as he jogged his way down towards said beach. Throwing his arms up into the air and letting out a whoop of energy as the young Padawan broke out into a sprint, enjoying the feeling of sand under his feet before jumping up into the air with another whoop! Apparently today was some fancy day for the people of Centerra...but Iko didn't care about any of that! Today was a beach day and that's all that was important to him as he threw himself down onto the sand and got to work starting to mess around with the sand.

Taking one of the buckets he had brought with him alongside the water to give some of the sand some firmness to it, Iko went to work piling the sand up into a rough shape. Then he did the same with another bucket, making various differently sized chunks of sand plopped onto the beach. Though before any time was wasted, the young Kiffar pulled out a small knife he had carried with him and used it to carve into the sand carefully. Carving small little details into the chunks of sand to get the detail work in. Windows, signs written in Aurebesh, just going above and beyond in his sand work.

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Iko Vel Iko Vel

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png
Braze padded over, driven by curiosity, eager to see what had the boy so visibly excited. He paused, watching him as he meticulously worked on a sand structure. With a soft and thoughtful demeanor, Braze circled around it, examining the creation from every angle—his gaze gentle, yet keen, taking in the details up and down.

"That's pretty good,"
Braze remarked, his voice carrying a warm tone of genuine admiration. "How big do you intend to make it?" he asked, his curiosity tinged with encouragement.

"As big as the ocean!" Iko threw his arms out at that, keeping a bright grin across his face. Of course he was exaggerating about how big he was going to make it...Though there was a slight pause for him as he debated whether or not that was actually how big he wanted to make the creation, glancing up and down the entire shoreline...No. No. That would ruin other people's creations, and that was totally not cool.

"...I dunno actually. Too big means it'll get in the way of people...but too little means people won't see it...Hmph..." He rested his chin against his thumb and index finger, sticking his tongue out in thought as Iko was trying to figure out how big the castles should be...or well, buildings. They were moe like actual buildings as opposed to a castle.

Braze Braze

Braze's smirk faded into a smile, relieved and somewhat amused to understand the remark as more of a jest. "Do you want any help?" he offered, his tone light yet sincere, indicating a genuine willingness to lend a hand. "Or would you prefer to do it on your own?" he inquired, showing interest in the other's preference towards independence or collaboration in their endeavors. "Oh, I'm Braze, by the way. Maybe we can be friends?" he added casually, introducing himself as an afterthought.​

"Hm? Help is always fine by me!" Iko kept the grin on his face as he scratched away at the sand carefully, keeping a look of concentration. "Iko. 'Course we can be friends. I'm friends with eveeeeryone!" Of course, he was exaggerating once again...Though it was entirely possible that Iko actually believed that thought. "Could always try making a road out of sand..." Hm...A sandy road. That could actually be a great idea now that he thought about it. Tapping his chin in thought before nodding. Yes. That worked perfectly.

Braze Braze

"Alright, awesome, Iko,"
Braze chirped as he moved to fetch a larger segment of a seashell from the sand and used it to scrape a clean, smooth winding 'road' leading up to Iko's sandcastle structure. He moved to get a bucket of water and soft, smooth sand from closer to the shoreline and brought it over. He started to pour little mounds of wet sand on either side of his 'road', effectively making them look like little trees on either side as he built up a small sand forest leading up to the castle. "Some people try to make working moats, but it's hard to do that without the water washing all our hard work away," Braze offered as he fetched some smaller bits of seashells and started to outline the little road with them.

Awesome Iko...Huh. That was a good name. Iko broke out into a bigger grin at that, letting Braze work on the road so that he wouldn't be getting into the way whilst Iko worked on doing little features on the buildings. Doing the detail work that he thought most people would probably forget about, but the young lad nodded along to Braze. "Yeah. Plus a moat doesn't make sense for a regular city. What kind of city has a moat!...Maybe if there was a lot of water but..." Iko mumbled to himself, mostly in thought.

Braze Braze

"Actually, instead of a moat, why not carve little ravines for rivers throughout our sand city? It would add so much character, creating a network of waterways inside, like the lifeblood of the city itself. And we can build tiny sand bridges over them—imagine how charming that would look! Though, connecting it directly to the ocean might just wash our masterpiece away with the tide. Let's keep our 'rivers' self-contained, weaving through the city but not touching the sea. It'll be our own little ecosystem. What do you think, Iko?"

As he spoke, Braze reached into his robe and pulled out a small, hand-painted boat he had purchased from one of the artisan stands earlier. He placed it gently down in front of Iko, "And look here, we could even add little boats like this one sailing through our rivers. Imagine the stories we could tell! Maybe our city is famous for its skilled artisans, or perhaps it's a hidden refuge from space pirates seeking treasure. Your knack for the small details, Iko, that's what's going to make our city truly legendary!"

Iko blinked for a moment as Braze spoke, just nodding his head repeatedly. Though if Braze's words had been something people could see...They would have seen those words go in through one of Iko's ears and straight out of the other one. There wasn't any malice behind it, far from it. It was more...there was a lot of fancy words to him in the sentence. And in his mind, when you didn't understand something, you just always smile and nod! Smile and nod, and try not to upset anyone. Though the last part was something that Iko understood! Legendary! That was totally awesome! Iko tilted his head at the sight of the little boat, rubbing his chin in thought once more.

"Artisans could be neat...or hidden from pirates...Hm...Oh! Artisan pirates! Pirates who steal stuff to make other stuff. That works!" Iko nodded once more, as if Braze had helped the lad come up to a genius idea, and he went to work, starting to add a few more bits to the buildings. Trying to make them seem a bit more weathered and damaged, instead oof being as clean and serene as they had been previously.

Braze Braze

"Artisan pirates! I like that one" Braze exclaimed with excitement in his eyes. "Do you need me to gather some twigs and leaves for crafting tiny stalls?" he proposed gently, eager to contribute. Pondering the unique concept, he couldn't help but dive deeper into the imaginative venture.

"What kind of things do you reckon artisan pirates create?"
he mused aloud. With a playful smirk, he ventured, "Perhaps, something as cool as elaborate hoop earrings?" His tone was teasing, inviting a shared moment of creative speculation.

"That works! We might be able to find a few small broken seashells. Those could be like...little knives the pirates are selling!" Iko nodded in agreement at that, keeping a bright grin on his face. Braze was a genius! Or atl east that was how Iko was choosing to see things as he fiddled around with bits of sand, trying to come up with more ideas. Hm...Little pebbles could be used for the actual pirates.

"Hoop earrings could work. Or Fezzes! Fezzes are cool. They could be fez and hoop earing wearing pirates!" He yelled out for everyone on the beach to hear!...Before Iko went straight back to work, cracking his fingers with a smile. "Obviously not evil pirates though. Not every pirate has to be evil. Like that really old story they talk about. Robert Wood?...Is that his name?...I dunno. I think that's his name. So that's his name."

Braze Braze

"I suppose they would need to be made of silk, then?" he suggested. "Knives are cool! I really like that idea!" Braze exclaimed, his happiness evident. It had been so long since he had simply had fun like a child with another child. In fact, he couldn't remember the last time, so it must have been a very long time ago. "Robert Wood? I don't know who that is," Braze admitted, before he began scampering around the sandy beach, collecting little twigs, bits of plants, and even more seashells to add to their growing work of art. "Do you enjoy sculpting, Iko?" he asked as he returned, depositing a load of miscellaneous junk and materials they could use as 'decorations'. One man's trash was another man's treasure, he mused to himself.​

"Yeah! Robert Wood. He's the dude who would steal stuff on Endor and give it back to the Wookiees...I think that was him..." Iko frowned, tapping his chin in thought. It was clear that he was getting his books mixed up but it wasn't something that would bother him. He was in the zone, working away at the sand as he shook his head in Braze's direction strangely enough. "No. I'm not a huge fan of sculpting. I like making stuff, but...I'm not super creative with making stuff." It might have been ironic, coming out of his mouth, but Iko honestly didn't seem himself as someone creative. In his eyes, everyone was creative. Which also meant no-one was. "I know how to make erh...knives. Sometimes they look nice. Sometimes they break easily though. So i don't use them too much."

Braze Braze

Braze's brow furrowed. "Oh! I think I know who you're talking about now!" he said, snapping his fingers as it clicked. He probably meant that funny woodsman guy who could shoot a bow really well, the one who stole from the rich and gave to the poor. Maybe his name was Robin Hood? He couldn't quite remember.

"Oh? You can MAKE knives? That sounds pretty impressive. What's your favorite kind of knife to make?" Braze asked as he settled down and started to weave twigs through larger sections of leaves to make little market stalls, adding to their sandy cityscape. He was rather enjoying making a new friend!

"Yeah! Exactly." Iko just gave a nod at that, as he worked away, blinking at Braze's next question. What kind of knives did he like to make? Hm...he wasn't sure. Most of the time, Iko did it as a past time. Not to make something that he liked. He liked to stay busy. He was always on the go, so being able to stand still and just work on knife working...Well. It made sense.

"...I dunno! I just like to make them." He shrugged his shoulders without a single care in the world and went back to adding little details for the sand city, tapping his chin in thought every so often.

Braze Braze

"Well... if you are ever interested in weapon building I can show you how to make some fun stuff. That's one of my main pursuits right now is to invent and come up with new methods of making unique weapon types. " Braze offered. " Fun stuff that doesn't exactly break so easily. " He assured as he started to place the little tiny twig and leaf made market stalls he was creating down in to the city.​

"Uh uh! You've got it Raze." Iko nodded at that, keeping the grin on his face. Making stuff was always good in his eyes. Which is why he was making the sand castle. And making new friends. Each one was valuable to him. He just carried on his work, sculpting out various bits of window, and trying to make a few faint cracks with his knife, sticking his tongue out in concentration.

Braze Braze

Braze didn't seem to notice that his name was mispronounced this time, but it didn't matter. It appeared they didn't have much in the way of competition. "What do you think the prize is in the bottle?" he asked curiously as he moved to add a few trees where he thought it looked sparse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom