Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order of the Silver Jedi

An alliance of Jedi and their beneficiaries seeking to restore peace and stability to the galaxy.

Share This Faction

Quick Overview

Category
Light Side
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Capital Change: Commenor --> Kashyyyk

Where should our capital be?

• Total voters
Poll time!

This is in regards to a proposed change to our capital world. The two options provided are Kashyyyk and our current one, Commenor. If you have something else in mind, feel free to start a discussion on that! Ideally I'd like us to work this out before the start of January. That doesn't give us much time, but I'm sure we can get a feel for how the community views this.

The admin team and I would like to move our capital to Kashyyyk, but as always we want to be transparent and ensure that we're all on the same page before making any big moves.

From an IC point of view this might not really impact the way we write things in a great way. Kashyyyk has for a very long time been the spiritual capital for the Silver Jedi Order. Commenor has functioned as a political capital, and it may still carry on being something of an administrative center.

The change can be a symbol ofwhat we discussed in the previous faction discussion, about going back to our roots and putting the Jedi at the center of the limelight. The main concern, however, is with making sure our territory on the map is as compact and defensible as possible. Kashyyyk is more centrally located, and offers more protection against a potential cloud break. If you zoom in on Commenor, you'll see roughly 80% of our territory lies outside of that little wing. If a faction pops up around that area, or with the new 3-hex invasion rules is able to position themselves in such a position, we could easily get cut off and left with 10 hexes.

That's our reasoning and point of view. What do y'all think?

Be careful what you wish for.
If you are talking about moving "Jedi" capital then go for it. As one who is not fully into the new direction (only because I just created two military characters and only just got them to find their feet) I see it as a good challenge for us to have the actual capital on Commenor and the Temple on Kashyyk with an enclave on the SJC homework.

I guess you could say Kashyyyk has always been the Silver Jedi's capital, and Commenor the political capital. We're just deciding which to put a ring around on the map and say this is SJC's main one. Not looking to downplay the importance of Commenor! :) Shouldn''t really make a big impact on the daily life of your NFUs IC.
And I know I definitely love seeing NFUs in general pop up!

Might as well cast my vote in. Maybe it's just my own sense of paranoia but I deffinately feel an annihalation in the future if Commenor becomes a targetable option. Finish off what was started and all that. Might just be me though.

So yeah, Imma be the dissenter on this one. Even though it probably won't matter judging by the poll so far. Two cents cast, ah, I'll be going back to my games now. ^^;

I'm going to go with Commenor on this one. True, it might leave us a little open to attack (though that can be fun too!) but Kashyyyk never really made sense to me as a political capital. Home of the Silver Jedi Order and even the Antarian Rangers? Sure! But from a political side of things, I think Commenor is a much better and more connected world.

I voted for Kashyyyk for the following reasons. First off, my vote is dependent on what happens with the future of our faction and what was discussed in a previous discussion concerning that. If our future direction is not based on the Jedi taking control of the governmental & political aspects as discussed in the thread I mentioned before, that I would be torn. Otherwise in any other story direction or if the future stays on the existing path than I believe the home of our training temples and the assembly chambers should be the capital of our faction. That is just my opinion however, and I respect the decision regardless of the outcome.

We all fall in parallel
I think that Kashyyyk presents a strong case for Jedi centrism. However, I also think that if the Concord falls to the wayside, having the government on Commenor and keeping it as the capital might not be a bad thing for the sake of the story.

Really it depends on what you want to do thematically.

I'm ambivalent.

I always enjoyed Kashyyyk as the capital. I never felt it was limiting the political aspects of the SJC if writers wanted to be political. As stated, Commenor isn't being abandoned, and while we write to have fun the map game is an important aspect of being a Major Faction so making sure that our capital is in the most defensible position is important too.

Just my thoughts, I like Commenor but if Kashyyyk is stronger home for SJC then I think it might be best there.

From an OOC standpoint, I've always liked Kashyyyk as the faction capital. It's an iconic nature world that fits with the Silver Jedi and their original homeworld of Voss.

ICily, Kashyyyk has always been a strategic location sought to be controlled by warring powers as it sits on the juncture of many large spaceplanes. Symbolically it's near the center of Silver Space too, which I think is more inclusive to all the various regions undeer the Silver tent.

With that said, there's no reason that the military and political offices of the Concord can't be shifted to the Alaris Expanse which sits in the system. I'd propose setting them on a space station in system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom