Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you kill/maim yourself with another Rp character you created?

I had a Idea to battle another character i made myself, and lose the battle resulting in Nulgaths need for a Armored suit to contine future battles. Is this Ok? Rule wise i dont see how this makes my character stronger by getting a suit, But im am very unsure could use some Opinions.

Sawa Ike

The Dark Matriarch Darth Shōjō
Yes you can

Darron Wraith fought himself and killed himself.... Twice once with his knight killing his sith master and then with his sith master killing his jedi master.

Yeah, but he's not asking about killing yourself. He's asking about killing himself (or just maiming himself) as a way to get around the restricted items.

Which, technically, he can do.

But whether or not the factory judge would find it in good taste enough to approve is another thing entirely.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Nulgath Zardai"]

Yes, you can kill off or maim one of your characters with another character. [member="Jacen Cavill"] has actually done this more than once. If the plot of one of your characters involves hurting another, well, go for it. Craft the best story you can. If you expect to get any cortosis or stygium out of it however? Well, personally I wouldn't allow it, but I can't speak for all of the factory judges.

Ok noted [member="Valik"]

Tanks for the Responses guys
Tank-01-june.gif
:cool: :eek:
[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
[member="Sawa Ike"]

[member="Nulgath Zardai"]

As [member="Valik"] explained, yes, you can do this. The long answer is that only the writer owning/controlling the character can dictate what injuries that character sustains (including and up to death). Since you own that character, you can do anything you want with him/her.

Additionally, and as Valik explained, if you're doing this to try to get access to some restricted material, this is typically frowned upon because it's very easy to cheese the system. You could, for example, write a Dev Thread that's a handful of posts long and "kill" a character to get access to cortosis. I am willing to bet money that most Factory Judges would not accept that type of Dev Thread. However, having said that, if you do write a giant, 50,000 word Dev Thread with just your characters, or some other high quality writing, then that could be acceptable. It's always the quality of the Dev Thread that counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom