Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Can you fix a "Broken Gate"? (Open to Jedi)

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan , Milya Vondar Milya Vondar (both unless specified)
Tag:
Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Jax Thio Jax Thio

I think that covers just about everyone.

They could continue to practice and workout, but everyone seemed to be getting what he had to teach. That was a bright spot and hopefully, they would be able to take this information and it all would indeed save their lives. Anyone who would have a question could of course ask, otherwise the big guy was content to remain quiet and just watch from here on out. Rarely did he get the chance to just sit back and watch, it was a relaxing feeling he hadn't had in a long time.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Stop overthinking it. Don't try to move, just move.

“Chit, Cal...or chit I mean Master Vanagor...I mean sorry...for the language” Dagos said, not sure how the Jedi master would react to the familiar tone and the cursing, his teachers from the past would of all had their own unique reactions he was sure.

Dagos knew Ryuchi would cuff his ear had he heard him speak that way to one of the Masters but seemed a bit more relaxed with Dagos when it was just the two of them.

Dagos’ father who had taught him many of the basics of controlling The Force would not have put up with it. While it would not have been likely that there would of been physical repercussions, there would of been some kind of consequence.

And Joran...Joran would of laughed that easy laugh of his. Joran who always smelled like booze and smoke with the faint smell of some woman’s perfume was the one who had first taught Dagos and his brother how to fight and come to think of it he was the one who had taught Dagos most of the curse words he knew.

“Jor...Master.” He said shaking his head. He had almost called Master Vanagor Joran, obviously because he had been thinking of his old teacher but now that he took a second to really look at the Jedi master it was unbelievable how much he and Joran looked alike.

“It’s when I stop thinking that I end up doing the wrong chi...thing.” He explained.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Jax Thio Jax Thio Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

... and that is almost exactly how I responded.

The language was annoying, but he could get past it. What made Caltin wonder was exactly who this "Jor" person that Dagos instinctively called out? Maybe he was trained by the guy. That was a conversation for another time though as the kid had what he needed, skills-wise, but there was some polish that needed to be applied, or he would "gas out" quickly when he came across anyone that was taught as he was. Caltin was not going to do that, as he said in the beginning, he did not teach others how to fight, that would only breed trouble.

So, how could he clean this kid's act up without going down that proverbial road? It was simple really as he would have to simply harken back to his own days as a learner. No, he did not expect Dagos, or anyone to learn exactly how he did, but he could relay the information in a way they would relate it to. Holding up his index finger as if to say "just a sec", Caltin looked out at everyone else for just a second.

Come on over here for a second everyone, I want to demonstrate something.

As they started to gather, Caltin did not want to embarrass the Padawan as he brought over his own training droid. The setting on the machine was higher than those set up for the learners, so they would notice the difference, but that was not to show anything special, just that he was more accustomed to the speed.

Alright, Dagos brought up a good point in that it is easy to "think" about what you are going to do. I want to show you just how inefficient that is in this case. What I mean by that is simple. There is a phrase that I like to akin this to... "A warrior thinks three steps ahead. A Jedi lets you think you are three steps ahead." See how the droid is attacking me in a manner that is setting me up for something? The hooks are setting me up for... there it is... the uppercut. Now while this is a droid and not all are capable of planning and tactics like you or me, they are a good spar. Watch as it sets me up for a kick to my right side... see? I am moving specifically to get it to go where I want. Because...

Ducking a left hook and taking the right arm, locking it in place down and behind the droid, Caltin shut the trainer off.

Always be setting something up, setting yourself up though is doing just that, setting yourself up but not the way you want. You can control a fight in more ways than you think and going into that will not only help you defend yourself, it reduces the chance of an opponent getting inside your head, or you losing personal control of yourself. Make sense?

ZhUyygm.png

Beltran sipped his caf as he watched Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor 's demonstration. He'd overheard the Master's discussion with the younger Padawan Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek . The Padawan's words were common for those new to combat. The problem with "thinking" in a fight is that it made you slow. In combat, even milliseconds were a long time. In the time it took a person to consciously think about how to proceed, a well trained opponent would be on top of you.

As Master Vanagor's demonstration ended, Beltran decided to speak up as well. "You may be wondering just how Master Vanagor got to a point where he was able to meld so many combinations together so effortlessly." He said, addressing Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek specifically. "It's not because he was thinking about it, while he was doing it. Those thoughts were already thought a long time ago. At some point in his training, Master Vanagor said to himself if an opponent does A, I am going to do B. If they do C, I'm going to D and follow it up with A or B. Then he trained it. Likely slowly at first, step by step, until the movements were instinctual. Then faster and harder to increase speed and power. If you wait until you're on the battlefield to decide how you're going to respond to an attack, you've already lost the battle."

"My men are some of the best operators in the Concord military structure,"
He continued. "Some with decades of combat experience. Yet, can you guess what they're doing right now? Training, just like I am here with you, doing the same. A little bit every day. The more you train, the less you have to think when something happens, because you already know what to do."

Beltran didn't want to come across as condescending, nor did he want to supplant Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor as the leader of this class. He just saw an opportunity where he could perhaps fill in a few of the blanks in between thought and action.

Dagos watched the Master’s demonstration and listened to his words. They were not anything he did not already know. If anyone had seen him fight they too would know that he was excellent at setting an opponent up, at seeing the big picture and dictating that a fight was going to go where he, Dagos Terrek wanted it to. This wasn’t at a matter of not understanding or lack of willingness to do it. He was at the moment just pushing against his old training. Training that he had drilled almost everyday for more than half his life. Training that had almost never failed him.

“Nah man, I wasn’t wondering that at all. I know how to fight and I know how to train.” Dagos said impatiently to Beltran. He was frustrated with himself for needing all the extra attention and was taking it out on someone who was trying to offer advice. Advice Dagos did not need but still how could the soldier know that.

“Kark man.” Dagos said to himself and himself only as he walked away from Cal and his demonstration.

Dagos squared off with another training droid and motioned for it to ‘just bring it’. The droid came at him with two left jabs and a right mid kick. Dagos easily avoided the jabs with head movement and crisp footwork put him just out of range of the kick but close enough still that the three punches he threw landed cleanly and precisely on the droids face plate.

“KARK!” he yelled as he cursed himself for once again falling back on old useful habits and failing to make headway on the most basic part of this exercise. Using the force he flipped over one of the tables sending bread and jam fly through the air to crash on the forest floor.

“Again.” He told the droid, frustration and anger still filling his mind and voice.

The droid came forward. Left jab, right uppercut, right head kick.

Dagos stood rooted this time the jab glancing off his left forearm as he blocked, the uppercut whizzed by his head as Dagos moved out of the way by a fraction, the droid’s kick landed on Dagos head with a thunk while at the same time the padawan crushed the droid’s chest with an impossibly hard straight left hand counter.

Sometimes you had to take one to give one. Pain is the price we pay. That’s what Joran had taught him.

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

9FVMzGK.png

Equipment: Reu & Tuene
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan

Milya listened for a moment while Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor mentioned training with an echani, this of course piqued her interest but as she went to say something his attention was stolen away. There would be time enough to inquire about it later after all for now she turned her attention back to Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan grabbed hold of her in sideways hug. Milyra grinned somewhat and leaned into the embrace of her fellow padawan.

A soft chuckle emerged from Milya as Des moved to get a bottle of water "So you adequately beat up a droid and you think you can take me on?" she grinned mischievously and nodded to her friend "Lets do it, sounds fun." She slipped off her jacket and tossed it on the bench by Des. Milya was wearing a black tank top allowing for a free range of movement of her arms likewise she wore pants that were loose fitting but not too long, in short she came prepared.

Just as she was about to speak again Caltin called everyone to give him their attention and so she did, turning to see what it was that he wanted to share. She watched as he gave the example of not simply reacting to your opponent but making them move in a way that you wanted them to. The best way to handle a fight, manipulate your foe into doing what you want only the most experienced wouldn't fall for that.

Turning back to Des she motioned to her "Ready when you are Des."

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​

She shook her head. "I've no expectations. Only looking for a challenge. Droids are easier and yet harder in a lot of ways. They don't have a will, intent, or emotion. They don't have body language, they don't telegraph usually. No bad habits. A person has all those things. Easier to anticipate. And that's without the Force," she said moving away from the demo while rolling her shoulders. Finally, she peeled off the top to her uniform, revealing a soft, almost satiny white tank top underneath, and a form-fitting athletic top beneath that.

Des had been working up a good sweat, which considering how hard she trained over the years, even for an Arkanian, took some doing. Rolling her wrists, she grimaced as they popped. Taking a moment she shook loose both arms, then shifted side to side shaking loose her legs.

For a moment she pondered the approach to take. A very kinetic and blindingly fast aerial kick came to mind, exploding into action. Ataru and some of the other saber fighting styles had unarmed components, and she could follow through with that. But no. She could go back to her roots, and what she'd learned back home. But that wasn't the exercise.

Instead, she gave Milya a small bow, then angled her body sideways. Her right foot dropped back into a low wide stance. Her left side was forward, left foot forward, toes pointed at Milya. Her right foot was back, angled at 90°. Knees bent with weight sixty percent on the back leg, forty percent on the front. Her left hand was out and open, palm forty-five degrees between ground and vertical on both axes. The right hand was a slightly loose fist just over her solar plexus. It was a defensive ready, allowing her to retreat, shift to either side, and gave her room to block or parry, or follow up with short-range but high striking power with her hands, or throw quick, but strong defensive kicks. It was a good base to start from. But it was new and not terribly familiar. Seasoned fighters that took a moment to study would tell she chose it because it was part of the instruction. Not what her natural choices would be. To Echani eyes, it was a guess. A very good one, but the uncertainty was still there.

But if someone looked at her through the Force, her mind was blank. Not unthinking, but placid and still. Relaxed, focused, calm. But coiled and ready to act in a split instant.

But Des had no intentions of attacking first. Initiation was not the Jedi way. She did, however, bid Milya bring it on.

zJxNdnE.png

9FVMzGK.png

Equipment: Reu & Tuene
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan

Milya gave a smile as they squared off with Des assuming her defensive stance. Silver eyes studied her for a moment assessing her form, balance everything even the distribution of her weight and which foot she favored, what likely moves she was able to do from her positioning in the stance. Taking a single step forward Milya assumed her own stance, her movements even in something so simple were fluid and flowed naturally from the padawan, after all fighting was so ingrained in the Echani it was almost like breathing.

He stance most likely would be foreign to Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan it was one of the most basic in the Echani arts though it might seem odd. Her stance was almost off balance her feet were wider apart than one would expect her knees bent and she lowered her core almost seeming to give a height advantage to Des. Turning her hips so that her left side was toward Des and lifted her hands open palm up toward Des, knowing Des she would not move first that was a given. When she beckoned to Milya with her hand, a small smirk played on the Echani's lips before a serious expression took over.

The first move was fluid and fast though her intent was not to defeat Des but she would not insult her friend by holding back either. Quickly she lunged forward with superb speed and control. Her right leg carried her core forward past her left foot as her hips rotated and her left leg pivoted moving her within arms reach of Des. While this occurred her hands simultaneously moved with a cat like grace lower to her hips before one of them shot forward seeking to find purchase on the padawans stomach in an open palm strike. It was a bold move since the Echani arts were usually defensive but Milya was up to the task.

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

What the frell?

Caltin didn't care much about formalities when it came to training like this. Sure, he wanted to be addressed as "Master Vanagor", but that was tradition and respect to the history of the Jedi as a whole. Other than that? Meh, life goes on. When Dagos just up and walked away though, his eyebrow rose. He could let the arguing go on his end, but he didn't like the disrespect shown to Captain Rarr. The man was just trying to help by offering another perspective, trying to make it all relatable. The kid could go on about how he was used to his own routine, and that was fine, but the attitude was an issue. Looking at the Captain with a sigh, he simply said.

I'm sorry about that, Captain. There's more to his retort than the bass in his voice, but that doesn't make it right. Great work today.

Offering a pat on the man's back, he walked over to talk to the Padawan, but the kid was in the middle of a spar, so the big guy let it play out. More and more he saw what Dagos was doing, then it was the tactic he uses many times himself. "To throw a punch sometimes you have to eat one." This kid was fighting exactly the same way that Caltin had learned, and in the same manner, Caltin had taught Alyscia, his daughter, as well as his niece Kayla and nephew Kameron.

Alright, that's enough for a moment. Kid... tell me who taught you how to fight. Who did you learn from? Not self-defense... fight. You use the same "smash-mouth" tactics I do. and I'm curious.

ZhUyygm.png

“Nah man, I wasn’t wondering that at all. I know how to fight and I know how to train.”

"Obviously."

Beltran's cool eyes met Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek 's as he sipped his caf. The younger man could have been talking about the weather, or the price of nerf steaks on Hoth and Beltran would have had about the same level of interest in what he was saying. The young Jedi could bluster all he wanted, but if he couldn't perform here, in the safest of places, then how was he going to keep himself alive on the battlefield?

Worse than that even, what was going to happen when he got put in charge of a detachment of Rangers or other SJC personnel? There were no shortage of precedents already where an under-qualified Jedi had gotten their people killed because they didn't know what they were doing. The Silver Order loved to act like simply having and being able to use the Force made one a capable combat leader, but Beltran himself had more than one scar on his body that was evidence to the contrary.

As the kid walked off, Beltran finished off his caf.

"I'm sorry about that, Captain. There's more to his retort than the bass in his voice, but that doesn't make it right..."

Beltran shrugged, turning his gaze to Master Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , one of the Jedi that Beltran was quickly coming to respect as a combat leader. He had a good, even great, grasp of strategy and tactical awareness. But more than that, the massive Jedi knew when to take charge and when to let someone else hold the reigns. There weren't many people Beltran trusted implicitly to watch his back, but Master Vanagor was one of them.

"We were all young once," Beltran replied, nodding at Dagos. "He's got skills, but that chip on his shoulder is going to be a problem and he needs to get out of his own head." His tone was even and matter-of-fact. There was no rebuke in it, just observation. Beltran hoped that the kid would get himself sorted before they met out on an operation somewhere where lives would be on the line.

"Great work today."

"Thank you," Beltran said with a nod. "I appreciate you taking the time to teach us. I like your style very much and will see about incorporating it in my repertoire." Glancing down at his chrono, Beltran resisted the urge to sigh. "Unfortunately, I'll have to take my leave now. I've got a briefing scheduled in a half hour so I need to get back to base. Please let me know if you host any other classes though, I'd love to attend."

With that, Beltran left the large Jedi to go speak with Dagos. Making his way to the edge of the mats, he nodded to both Milya Vondar Milya Vondar and Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan as they squared off against each other. "Have a good morning, ladies." He said, not expecting either of them to respond as he left.

(OOC: Great thread guys! I'm going to take my leave as I have some new threads starting up, but as always I enjoyed RPing with you all. Special thanks to Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor for running this one!)

“Alright, that's enough for a moment. Kid... tell me who taught you how to fight. Who did you learn from? Not self-defense... fight. You use the same "smash-mouth" tactics I do. and I'm curious.” the Jedi Master asked Dagos.

Dagos considered blowing him off but he did not consider it long before giving a command for the droid to pause the session.. Dagos already knew he would be in for it when Ryuchi found out about his outburst, it wouldn’t be smart to add to it.

Dagos considered Caltin’s question for a moment. Dagos had never learned “self-defense” not in the way that like girls who got harassed did, he had only ever been taught how to fight, whether that meant fighting back or fighting first. That’s what growing up on the streets of Nar Shaddaa did, it taught you fighting was often the answer. He of course did not grow up “on the streets” his father was a very well-paid employee of a Hutt and because of that Dagos grew up in comfort but that didn’t keep him from the occasional street fight. His brother Ragos got in to like chit maybe hundreds more street fights than Dagos ever did. Their dad would, when he could be bothered to be around, get into huge shouting matches with Ragos calling him a thug and a wanna be gangster who was headed straight for the grave.

Dagos real fighting experience was almost only in service to competition.

“Some spacer.” He told the master Jedi through labored breath as he tried to calm his body after the short spar with the droid. “Joran Del-Finn.” Dagos thought fondly of Joran who and maybe it was from the blow to the head, looked just like Master Vanagor. Joran had also worked for the same Hutt as his father and as a favor to Dagos’ dad offered to teach his boys how to fight.

Joran Del-finn was, man it was hard to describe Joran. He was a mountain of a human who was quick to laugh and crack a joke. Dagos heard his mother say there was a sadness behind Joran’s eyes but he never saw Joran be sad.

The thing Dagos liked most about Joran, more than the jokes or the fact that he would let Dagos and his brother take sips from his flask after training when they would just spend time hanging out. He never talked to Dagos or his brother like kids and didn’t sugar coat when they karked up but was quick to praise them when they were successful

“He would of been pissed to see me eat that kriffing kick.” Joran had always taught Dagos to fight to his strengths and Dagos’ strengths had never involved taking damage to give it, sometimes those things were avoidable but Joran had insisted that Dagos be hard to hit and not to exactly hit hard.

Dagos didn’t know why it mattered to Cal who showed Dagos how to fight but if telling him would Dagos out of trouble then that was all the better.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

Any time, Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr ! Thanks for coming!

Back to Dagos, Caltin wanted to lay into him for his disrespect, and attitude, but clearly, the kid saw this in himself as he was trying to calm down, so again he let it go. This "Joran" fellow is someone the big guy would want to talk to if they ever met, but he would not ask about his whereabouts or try to track him down. Right now though, it was about this kid, and... okay he was dwelling on the attitude that the kid was radiating.

Take a breath, kid. You're fine. Sometimes you have to eat a punch, or in this case, a kick to throw one. Now tell me what's eating at you.

This should be entertaining. Dagos clearly was not in the mood to talk or do much of anything else other than beat on this droid, but the big guy, while not wanting to annoy the kid, wanted to get to the heart of the matter. So he would just wait it out. No, Dagos was not required to tell him, this was not some formal inquiry or anything, but Caltin had been there before himself. A Padawan with a chip on his shoulder and no one to talk to about it that wouldn't just sit there and tell him what they thought was right, but what would help him improve.

No Padawan is ever going to go through what I did, not if I can help it.

ZhUyygm.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom