Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Calling All Jedi - A Shared History (Open to All Jedi)

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses​

~I've heard of it,~ Des replied silently, regarding him for a moment. As he went on to offer his explanation aloud, she frowned. ~That's not how temporal mechanics work. Even if you could go back in time, it doesn't change anything for what was left behind. You've merely switched to a new timeline for yourself. You get to see a different outcome, but you're in a new reality. Everything from before is still on the same trajectory, you're just not there anymore.~ Caltin's analogy was good, and he was right that much of the universe wanted things to happen a certain way. But actually trying to go into the past changed nothing for the present when one thought about it.

Knowing the future might allow the current trajectory to be altered. But even that could only deviate for so much and for so long. So in a sense, the analogy was also correct, but a little 'off' as far as the past went.

Flow Walking itself was an ability she hadn't given much thought to, but she could see the benefits of it. And maybe, someday, she could at least make use of it in a fashion that might help. The discussion brought back to mind the conversation about Caltin's brush with darkness. But strangely it did not worry her. To her mind, everyone has their dark moments and dark times. To pull back from that, and from more base impulses took an incredible kind of strength. Her own battles, even against her own mind, had been incredibly tough. She still dealt with them daily, but every day was better than the day before. Des leaned just to her right a little and nudged Caltin with her shoulder, then flashed him a small smile. It was as soft as fresh powdered snow. He'd already done so much to help and lift her out of her own dark mess. More than most ever had. He was a good friend, and so far a good teacher. If not family. Real family, the kind you find, not the kind you're born into

zJxNdnE.png

This was definitely not in the standard offerings for the Jedi, as in the way of classes. The fact that he was taking any Jedi on a flow-walk was only because of the current state of the galaxy and the Jedi, disarray. The Aing-Tii would hopefully forgive him, but what he was also capable of, compared to what the Ancients could do? Much different. The skill he was able to master was merely observation, astral projection into the past, as of sorts. Still, he would be able to lead the others into visions of the past. It may help some with closure on any number of issues, but for now? It was to show how the Jedi came to be.

A grin came across the Master’s face, he was starting to feel he may have a knack for teaching, or actually an… enjoyment? Please don’t tell Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel about that. A dance move, time travel, looking into the future. They all were right, from a certain point. “Its about… a little of all of it? The Aing-Tii, hidden away in their reaches of space had taught several Jedi over the millenia, myself being one. Flow-walking, as I’ve been able to readily use it is more a… projection of oneself. Some of the Aing-Tii can move forward, but I’ve been only capable of looking backwards.” He was making contact with all of the Jedi around him.

“The future is a bit more… complicated. You may see one future that will come to pass, or one that will not. An ancient Master had said, and I’m sure you’ve all heard it, ‘always in motion, the future is.’” He smiled, that was some backwards sentence structure, but he knew the race that had spoken it, they were… revered for their Force abilities.

“But as Jedi, who here has a time, or an event that is important to our religion?” He’d say kind, but it wasn’t exactly that.

Ryv Ryv Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan Dair Cotarin <inactive> Dair Cotarin <inactive> Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen Nik Velatine Tom Kovack Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Persephone Hero Persephone Hero Thraztin Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
At the question, Kuxirra thought. She was relatively new to the Jedi, but she knew some of her family's history. "The Clone War?" She murmured quietly, then cleared her throat and repeated it, speaking up. "What about the Clone War? My parents told me a little bit about it. Stories passed down, I guess. But they've made it clear that the stories they told are true."

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​

Des sat quietly, listening to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and his explanation of how he'd learned Flow-Walking. And his take on how it worked, successes, and such. The projection into the past seemed to somewhat jive with what she'd heard. And if they weren't actually leaving this timeline and instead doing that, then it would possibly loophole linear temporal mechanics. Which was feasible according to certain scholarly publications. Even with Arkanian brilliance, she feared it was still a little over her head.

“But as Jedi, who here has a time or an event that is important to our religion?” He’d say kind, but it wasn’t exactly that.

Religion? ... She supposed that was in some ways, an apt description. Except that religion implied a belief in things that weren't real. Couldn't be measured. Were unseen. But she absolutely could throw boulders around with her will and intent. She didn't worship the Force. She studied it. And in some ways, it was like a living thing to her. But it was no deity.

Some could have used the word 'cult' perhaps. But she neither worshiped a deity nor had any particularly religious practice in her mind. And it wasn't a cult of personality either. There were no proclaimed messiahs. There was no singular individual that she allowed to control her. Really in any way. The closest person to that would have been Caltin, and even then, she didn't follow his guidance without question. No, she questioned a lot. But she set her own path, now and always. She respected him immensely, and .. in truth, he felt much like family to her. The kind of family one finds, and would always have her back. Not blood. Some things were stronger than blood.

Waving that sour note away, she focused back on the question as Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri spoke up. The Clone Wars were indeed a pivotal event in history. The Purge as well. "W... hat about the stories we've heard of Revan, both good and bad," Desbre offered up quietly. "Or the rebirth of the New Jedi Order with Master Skywalker's Praxeum on the moon of Yavin IV, especially when they finally put an end to Exar Kun?" For those that had yet to hear the pale one speak, voice was soft and airly like powdered snow. And though hesitant to speak out of turn at such a large assemblage, it still carried to them all as though it were amplified somehow.

zJxNdnE.png

Be careful what you wish for.

REDEMPTION IS NEVER OUT OF REACH...
53950.gif

Equipment: Conservator(Lightsaber), Vanguard(Backup Lightsaber)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
As he sat quietly and pondered over what Sharchaser had to say, the massive Jedi Master was intrigued by his approach to the ability but something about it was not meshing. A religion? He supposed it could be surmised as one by those not attune to all that is going on around them so that could be considered as one view. The thing is though, as some approached it the same way, it was more than a goal or a hopeful way of life, it was second nature. The Jedi? The Sith? Perhaps most viewed their choices in the view of religion, that would make sense but that was not the case.

The quote of the former GrandMaster of the Old Jedi Order was cute, though Caltin held his own curiosity as to what Coren would have done had he actually been there when the tiny Jedi B.A. had actually coined the phrase. Overall, he was not closed-minded to the exercise as he had some knowledge of Flow-walking but overall it was little more than “Pre-cognition” to him. This was not a negative reflection on the ability, but the big guy never, never thought about the future in a manner of polite interest and not as wanting to change things. The future was not written…

It’s possible that no future you see will come to pass. If you are affected by what you see, that changes it already. If not, that can still change it too… can it not?

He knew the answer, at least the one in his head and opinion. Caltin was just trying to make an honest conversation.
...YOU JUST HAVE TO REACH FOR IT.
svjbudd.png

Tom Kovack

T
Was Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser implying that they were going to actually flow-walk to a specific point in the past? Now that's what I call a field trip!

His excitement was dampened slightly by what he took to be a lack of enthusiasm from his peers. Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan looked confused as she puzzled over temporal mechanics, while Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor didn't seem all that interested in the possibilities, perhaps worried about the potential consequences. Tom was not at all concerned.

"In my studies of Jacen Solo—er, he was a Jedi-turned-Sith who utilized flow-walking prolifically—I found very few instances of the past being significantly altered by it. It was stuff like someone from the past catching a brief glimpse of the flow-walker observing them, or sensing their presence." Tom shrugged. "Getting to see history unfold before our eyes would be very interesting. I'd certainly want to learn how to do it."

Granted, it was unlikely that he could manage it, given his personal limits. Maybe he could find a way to ride somebody else's coattails through time.

"I'd like to see... Force, I don't know. There's a lot of great historic events that have happened." He considered the question, then grinned. "I want first row seats to watch the Battle of Yavin unfold. The one where the Rebel Alliance blew up the first Death Star. But since we're on Tython right now, we'd have to pick an event that occurred here. How about the founding of the Je'daii Order?"

It seemed as good a place as any to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom