Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bye-bye, Blackbird

Fulcrum

Kaleesh. Mandalorian. Detective.
Tagging: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

Once again, Fulcrum was thankful that he had chosen to dictate the terms of their meeting. One of those terms was that one Ms. Liin Terallo, a junior board member for the New Cov Biomolecule Company, would meet him under the cover of darkness, in the middle of the night, right here at this park bench. Being here at this time of day meant two things: a way to avoid being seen moving in and out of a heavily populated corporate building, and a means to avoid the glaring light of Tion's twin cyan suns. The moonlight cast by the three orbiting bodies overhead proved more than enough to see. For him, anyway.

Corporate types were always tricky to deal with. They usually wanted to meet in their offices-- something that Fulcrum absolutely detested. They were always bugged, to hell and back, and so the Kaleesh had simply learned to avoid them entirely. Better to be out here, where a gentle wind blew just hard enough to rustle the black leaves of the trees overhead, and he could properly case the area for listening devices or hidden cameras.

He had found one. It always paid to be paranoid.

But, for now, the Kaleesh simply sat, slightly hunched over, his elbows resting against his knees and his hands clasped together. He kept his eyes and ears open, awaiting the telltale signs of his contact's arrival.

It is difficult for me to hide my nervousness. But I do my very best while hidden within the folds of a hooded cloak that would overthwise be far too big for me. The very style of it is completely out of the ordinary for me, so I do hope that it will work best for a disguise.

I have found myself in a bit of a bind. And it is one that is highly unpredictable. Or more to the point, he is very unpredictable. And as such, I have had to become unpredictable myself. That is where I hope that my contact will come in handy. Of course there is much for me to discern about him first; such as his expertise, resume and anything to back it up. I cannot under any circumstance fail in this endeavor. I can only imagine what hell would befall me if I do.

Walking alone in the middle of the night leaves me feeling highly vulnerable. I do not have much in the way of street smarts and would prefer to meet safely indoors. However more than likely that would be expected of me.

I can only hope that this is not a trap.

I spot a man alone at the designated bench. He appears to be waiting, so he could very well be the one that I am looking for. I keep my poise straight as I approach, keeping my hands out at my sides, empty of anything but a lone ring on my right middle finger. I do not lower my hood, however the shadows only obscure part of my face.

"I do hope that you have not been waiting long. Shall we go for a walk? I do believe that the exercise will be agreeable with me."

I cannot trust being in one place for long. Going on a walk will allow me to discover if I am being followed. And if this gentleman is not who I am looking for, then I can always circle back the way that I came.

Tag: Fulcrum Fulcrum

Last edited:

Fulcrum

In the light of the moons, he watched her approach. Underneath the impassive helmet, golden eyes tracked her every move, the reptilian pupils narrowing down into hair-thin slits. Her posture was rigid, but understandably so. His contact was trying to make it clear that she wasn't about to pull a hidden blaster on him... which, admittedly, had been on Fulcrum's mind up to this moment. He had no shortage of powerful enemies in this part of the galaxy. There was always the potential, no matter how slim, of this little tête-à-tête being the prelude to an ambush.

Well, no matter. She had the right idea about staying on the move. He wasn't dealing with a fool, that much was certain.

"I do hope that you have not been waiting long. Shall we go for a walk? I do believe that the exercise will be agreeable with me."

"Yes, ma'am," Fulcrum replied swiftly. Corpo types always seemed to be a little more comfortable after being called ma'am or sir, he found.

With a grace that hinted to his species' predatory ancestry, the Kaleesh quickly rose to his feet. With nearly a foot of height over her, they were an unusual sight. His head bobbed slightly as he walked alongside her, following the duracrete pathway that stretched out before them. He was sure to carefully moderate his pace so that he didn't leave her behind. Humans had a far shorter gait, for which he would need to accommodate.

"... You were pretty stingy with the details, last time we spoke," the Mandalorian pointed out. That wasn't surprising, of course; corporate jobs demanded a certain level of indiscretion. That was why they were here. "So. Mind telling me what I'm getting into?"

I dip my head as he allows us a walk. However I hold my breath as his height is discovered. Rarely have I come across one that towers over me at such an extent. I can only hope that the intimidation it poses will carry on to the target I will send him after.

I begin the walk, keeping at a steady pace. I do not quite realize how much smaller my gait is, or at the very least I regard it only in hindsight. For my focus is entirely upon my situation at hand.

"Thank you for coming, despite the lack of details. But I had to be cautious." I glance over my shoulder to see if anyone is following us. But I do not see anything as of yet. I can only hope that there are no spy droids around either.

"Weeks ago myself and some of my fellow Covie found ourselves pulled out of hyperspace and brought aboard a Star Destroyer. They are being held hostage while I myself am forced to be under the employ of our kidnapper. I am hoping that you can help us to regain our feeedom." Still I keep some of the details close to my chest. There is no point in disclosing all of the details if he is not willing to accept the case. "You will of course be compensated well."

Fulcrum

"Weeks ago myself and some of my fellow Covie found ourselves pulled out of hyperspace and brought aboard a Star Destroyer. They are being held hostage while I myself am forced to be under the employ of our kidnapper. I am hoping that you can help us to regain our feeedom."

So much for a simple corporate job...

Fulcrum tried not to let his frustration become too evident as he continued to walk alongside her. She had lied to him, yes, but it was obvious now that the circumstances would never have allowed her to hint at her true purpose. The Mandalorian's shoulders squared slightly, his helmet swiveling back and forth as he, too, looked for any signs of a tail. So far, nothing. But that could change in an instant.

"You will of course be compensated well."

"... Alright. Let's keep talking," Fulcrum finally replied. His word was his word... and a Mandalorian never backed down from a true challenge. Especially not one like this.

"Tell me more about your kidnapper. And this Star Destroyer. Where is it, and what can I expect when I get there?"

Every part of me wants to remove my hood, but I do not. I detest being covered so much. It limits my vision and with it being night, that only adds to the level of danger that I feel.

At least there is the chance that I am somewhat protected with my contact being near.

There is no hesitation as I respond to his questions for I have rehearsed them in my mind many times. "His name is Velran Kilran Velran Kilran and he currently rules New Alderaan. The Star Destroyer should be there. His troops are many and they appear to follow him willingly. However I am certain that he has threatened them and their families into such loyalty. Which means that such loyalty can be altered. I am unsure of where my fellow Covie are being held. That information so far has been kept from me. I do not even know if they are still alive..." I pause for a monent in thought before proceeding. "I need to be free of him once and for all by whatever means necessary."

Fulcrum

Tagged: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

"His name is Velran Kilran Velran Kilran and he currently rules New Alderaan. The Star Destroyer should be there. His troops are many and they appear to follow him willingly. However I am certain that he has threatened them and their families into such loyalty. Which means that such loyalty can be altered. I am unsure of where my fellow Covie are being held. That information so far has been kept from me. I do not even know if they are still alive..."

Powerful New Alderaanian warlord, Star Destroyer full of blackmailed troops, missing persons, dead or alive... The situation's odds were certainly stacked, and not at all in their favor. The Kaleesh rumbled lowly in thought, trying to organize the variables in a way that made the math seem more appealing. Of everything he had heard so far, the questionable loyalty of the troop seemed to be the most pivotal detail. That was something they could work with. Engineer a rebellion among the troops? Maybe. He was no rebel leader. Lacked charisma. But maybe he didn't have to be...

"I need to be free of him once and for all by whatever means necessary."

By whatever means necessary. Funny. That was one of his buir's favorite phrases. Fulcrum could almost hear it in his father's voice, alongside hers, and the power of that gave him pause. Something told him that Kilran wasn't the type to let go of things easily, or Ms. Terallo wouldn't be here.

"... You will be. We'll figure this out," the Mandalorian replied affirmatively, conviction carrying through his tired tone. He could already tell this was going to be a case that would bloody his nose, but some things were worth it. Slavery was an ill he could not abide. "But..."

He takes the opportunity to stop for a moment, just outside the radius of light cast by one of the park's lamps. "Gonna need your help," he pointed out as he turned to face her. "Assuming Kilran gives you a little leeway. Just a little. Or you wouldn't be here right now. So..." Fulcrum lifted his four-fingered hand, counting off the variables on his digits. "You help me find a way to get in. We instigate a rebellion among the troops. Find where your countrymen are being held. Deal with Kilran... once and for all."

I am very thankful to have reached out to the right person. Mandalorians have always been the right hire. I have learned this from my parents. And here it seems to be the right choice.

I stop once I see that he does. Did he see something that I did not?

Thankfully not. I turn to face him after he does, my gazing lifting high up towards his helmet. I find it a bit surprising to be asked for help. However I realize that such surprise from me is really a naivety on my part for my life has been very much a sheltered one. Wars may of been waged all around us, yet New Cov has been safe and untouched.

So far.

"Yes, I shall do what I can to help. Although you would be right to assume that I have no battle experience. And that...." I pause in thought. There are many that will scoff in the fact of learning that I have rarely touch a blaster; and most certainly not to defend myself. I had a small amount of training by a Jedi by the name of Caedyn Arenais that my Father had hired. But even then I had not been in a situation where such knowledge was needed. "...that could be of an advantage. Perhaps I can claim to have been the victim of an attempted mugging and you had saved me. That would bring about an opportunity for you to be brought back with me whereby I request to have you hired as my guard. Upon which you could gain access to his troops, and together we scope out the appropriate people to help in the rebellion." I try not to think of the different variables. I merely wish to take this one step at a time.

"Do you believe that could work?"

Fulcrum

"Yes, I shall do what I can to help. Although you would be right to assume that I have no battle experience. And that...."

The fact that Ms. Terallo had no combat experience was disappointing, but not surprising. Most corpos preferred to leave that to private security forces; the number of executives capable and willing to take up arms was small. Not her fault, really. Just a byproduct of her upbringing. Not everyone grew up in a Mandalorian clan.

Perhaps I can claim to have been the victim of an attempted mugging and you had saved me. That would bring about an opportunity for you to be brought back with me whereby I request to have you hired as my guard. Upon which you could gain access to his troops, and together we scope out the appropriate people to help in the rebellion."

Nevertheless... The idea wasn't a bad one. It had a couple of potential failure points, sure, but no plan was perfect, and those were bridges they'd have to burn when they got to them. Fulcrum had played the bodyguard game before, and he was confident that he could be convincing enough in that regard.

"Yeah. Possibly. Don't see any better options at the moment, anyway," the Mandalorian agreed, nodding slowly. There was one particular point that still bugged him, however. Fulcrum tilted his head as he looked down at the Covie.

"... You know Kilran better than I do, so tell me," he asked, "what's your read on him? Is he the kind of man to let small details go unnoticed? Head up his own ass kind of individual? Just trying to get a sense of how to play the little meet 'n' greet."

Sometimes, despots were clever, conniving, and insanely paranoid. At other times, they were so obsessed with their own power that they ignored the finer details of life. That was a weakness that could be exploited... in theory.

At least my plan is a sound one. I am not experienced in these kinds of matters, however that has now changed. I am gaining that experience now. But I do hope that it is something that will never be repeated.

I keep my gaze upon the Mandalorian as he asks questions of me pertaining my kidnapper. I do not know Velran Kilran Velran Kilran as well as he thinks, however I do know enough for us to get by at least.

"He is a narcissist that loves praise. And his coffee. I do believe that he has too much of both. But that is besides the point. He finds that people do not take him seriously and that drives him to be even more eccentric. This is why he kidnaps others and forces them to do his bidding. I managed to gain a bit of a foothold by putting my foot down and addressing him as a mother would their child. I could not be kept in deplorable conditions. It is appalling for a grown man to behave in such a manner, but I am currently in no position to judge. I believe that the more his ego is stoked, the less that he is likely to see."

Fulcrum

Listening to her description, he only appealing quality this man seemed to possess was a love for caf, an affection that he and Fulcrum shared. Everything else fit the textbook definition of a megalomaniac. It wasn't the first one Fulcrum had run across during his time in the galaxy. They seemed to crop up everywhere; the minute you flushed one down, another would crawl out of the drain.

"Eccentric, egotistical... right. Got it," he murmured, nodding slowly. The Kaleesh took a final breath, shoulders heaving slightly. There was no turning back from this point. If he took this job-- a job that seemed to grow more complicated by the second-- then he'd be seeing it through to the end.

"... Alright. Think I've got everything I need to know." He reached out to Ms. Terallo, a four-fingered hand extended in an offer to shake on it. That would seal the deal. "Let's do this."

A breath of relief escapes me as the Mandalorian agrees to take on my case. I cannot hide that.

Without another second, I take hold of his hand and shake it. I cannot see his eyes, however I am confident that my kidnapper would not be able to turn this man against me. Even if he doubled or tripled the fee.

"Wonderful. Words cannot express how pleased that I am. Is there anything else for us to go over? A shared idea over the situation in regards to the attempted mugger?"

I ponder on it for a moment or two before I bring up a possible idea. "One possibility could be that I was leaving a fancy establishment when I was picked up by a smelly Wookie and his henchman. You perhaps heard my screams for help and after a short fight in an alleyway you had successfully got them to release me before disintegrating them. If that is not good enough of a story, then I am open to hear any that you might have."

Fulcrum

Her hand was bizarrely soft, small and slender in his grasp. Probably a result of never having to lift anything heavier than a briefcase. Fulcrum couldn't even imagine the kind of life she lived, with wealth, luxury and resources never more than a deposit, transaction or withdrawal away. Still, he tried not to resent Ms. Terallo for it. She couldn't help the family she was born into. In the galactic lottery, she had drawn well. He had not.

And besides... money wasn't everything. Although it sure as hell was a lot of things.

"One possibility could be that I was leaving a fancy establishment when I was picked up by a smelly Wookie and his henchman. You perhaps heard my screams for help and after a short fight in an alleyway you had successfully got them to release me before disintegrating them. If that is not good enough of a story, then I am open to hear any that you might have."

Her idea for setting their story straight was a smart one. Not a perfect one, but smart, nonetheless. The addition of the adjective smelly to the description of the Wookiee felt somewhat unnecessary, but he chalked it up to her sheltered lifestyle. Ms. Terallo had probably never even met a Wookiee before. She was just repeating what she had heard.

"Not a bad place to start," Fulcrum agreed, reaching up to cup the bottom of his helmet as he mulled it over. "But let's change it to Klatooinians. No way we'd get away from a Wookiee gang unscathed."

He was pacing now, back and forth, helmet tilted downward-- it helped him to think. "You walked out of the restaurant and stopped to have a cigarette by a nearby alleyway. Klatooinians stepped out, tried to manhandle you into a waiting speeder. You cried out for help, I was walking past on my way to the spaceport. I came running, Klatoonians got disintegrated, and we stopped so I could get cleaned up before heading out."

He lifted his head, looking back to the human for confirmation. "Got it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom