Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

By the Pricking of my Thumbs (The Witchmasters)

Kaeda followed where she had intended her opponent to go, but when she reached the ground straddling where he should have been, her knees instead hit dirt. Expecting an attack, she rolled forward over her shoulder and came back up with a throwing knife in each hand.

Asemir Lor'kora said:
Asemir Lor'kora slashed a salute through the air with his blade, and the nanomachines protecting his head peeled back to reveal a smiling face. He spat some blue blood. "You are quite skilled, swords woman," he said to his opponent. A touch of respect backed his words. He gestured at Kaeda's ruined sword. "Your weapon is broken. I offer you hegira, so that you might withdraw from our duel with your honor intact. However, before you accept, I would know your name."
"I am Kaeda Vevut of Clan Raxis." She replied as she removed her own helmet, the face screen was providing only a hindrance now that it was spiderwebbed. She dropped the helmet to the ground, then stood up to her feet. Her chin was held high, defiance shone in her eyes, and a bloody smile on her lips. It was quite clear from her stance that she was not prepared to surrender. "You are a masterful swordsman, I'll learn your name when you are in chains." She finished, then threw first her left knife, then her right knife. She palmed her last two knives from her leg sheaths, holding them with their blades along her forearms, then rushed behind her flying knives to attack, aiming a stomping kick at Asemir's forward legs knee, hoping to break it and hinder his mobility.

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

Asemir slapped the first throwing knife out of the air with his songblade and jerked his head out of the way of the second. He was just a tad too slow, and the phrik blade sliced through one of his tera. The Ingr'nysk hissed as the flesh-like hair dropped away, but he shunted the pain away as Kaeda attacked.

He had just enough time to twist so that Kaeda's kick landed solidly against his right thigh instead of his knee. His armor held, but Asemir knew there'd be a nasty bruise and he'd be favoring that leg in the morning. But more critically, his opponent had made a mistake. With that kick, she overextended herself and was very vulnerable, and while Kaeda's blow staggered him, Asemir's blade was already moving to exploit the situation.

Night Terror sang greedily as Asemir delivered a horizontal slash that would bisect his opponent or else open up her abdominal cavity. It would be a pity to kill this brave, if foolish, warrior, but he had no choice.

[member="Kaeda Vevut"]

Daedel

D
[member="Anija Betna"] [member="Cennika Hawk"] [member="Isley Verd"] [member="Eirlys Verd"] [member="Fabula Caromed"] [member="Falcon Gyndar"] [member="Kaeda Vevut"] [member="Kass Zyn'meshurok"] [member="Loxa Visl"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Morgana Belcourt"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Spencer Varanin"] [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] [member="Fable Merrill"]

Her yellow glowing blade swept like a gushing river through a too exposed neck as she spun like a whirling dervish from one outsider to the next. She cared little who they were or who they represented. She knew they were not of her people and that was all that mattered. She didn't care for the republic, the sith, not even mandalorians, they were all unwelcome to her even if she was encouraged to tolerate the latter for the present.

A well timed blaster bolt struck her in the back as she felled another soldier and forced her to the hard packed ground. Her eyes filled with tears as the searing burn ate her pale flesh. Boots pounded toward her as another bolt struck the ground near her head before she had gathered her senses enough to move. Her hand grasped her extinguished blade as she pushed herself from the ground and into the air. Her blade sprung once more to life as she cartwheeled over the last troop in her immediate vicinity and landed in a crouch facing away from him, their back to each other. He took a step, then another before his head toppled to the ground followed only a moment later by his lifeless body.

Walks with Storms roared as her raced to her and lowered his shoulder to allow her to climb up as he passed. The pain that she had momentarily pushed aside flooded her mind once again as she clung to her closest friend for dear life. A breath, then another, was her focus as she removed the Mandalorian rifle from her mount's harness and began firing at any one that had not come with Ember. If she didn't know them, they were a target. It was that simple.

Mia left Isley to his investigation, heading towards the main fight. She wasn't done yet, she wasn't quite ready for the fight to be over. The adrenaline coursed through her as her boots pounded across the compound, she could hear the blood rushing in her ears. Keeping pace with her Shadow let out a long howl, and the former Mand'alor grinned grinding to a halt as she came across a pair locked in battle. The girl was young and inexperienced by the looks of her. Mia had to give it to her though, the girl kept getting back up.

Mia raced forward, cursing as the girl overextended herself, today was not her Kaeda's to die. She bowled between the pair in a blur, a force push aimed to send Kaeda out of the fight, while the beskad in her left hand connected with Aesemir's horizontal slash. She spun, bringing the beskad in her right in a downward arc towards Aesemir's face.

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"] [member="Kaeda Vevut"]

[member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

Kaeda had made the first fatal flaw, and for a heartbeat that extended into eternity it looked like it was the end of the fight. She'd always known that her way was biting off more than she could chew, but she had felt that perseverance could make up for flaws. This time, it seemed, she had pushed too far and was not going to even come close to accomplishing her goals. A life devoted to combat so she could bring low the Sith, and it ended on a Mandalorian world in a skirmish. Ignoble dread filled her stomach at her failure, dread to see her parents on the other side, feel their disappointment in her inability to complete her mission.

From out of seeming nowhere, a new form interdicted itself between Kaeda and her opponent. A directed push with the force threw Kaeda back. Unexpected as it was, it took all of her ability to turn her flight into a controlled fall, rolling as she hit the dirt yards away, then bumping to a stop against a ruined wall. She pulled herself up to a seated position and watched as the newcomer engaged her former opponent. She had no recollection of seeing her in the battle line, but was grateful for the assist. Kaeda's head swam as her near death hit her. She pulled her useless helmet from her head and slowly began to get up.

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"] [member="Kaeda Vevut"] [member="Mia Monroe"]

Anija wasn't far behind. She's spent the majority of the battle roaming the compound and dispatching the mercenaries - or whoever they were. It was a strange feeling. This battle felt so very different than the one over Roche. For her, it was worlds different. There, she'd been far removed from her opponents instead of locked in combat blade-to-blade like here. Taking a deep breath, Anija rounded the last corner. What she saw made her stop short for a moment as she assessed the situation.

A glance told her where Kaeda was. The girl looked dazed. Her helmet lay discarded on the ground, and the visor looked like it had taken a direct hit by... something. For the most part though, she seemed alright. What snagged her attention next was who was now facing off against Kaeda's attacker. Anija knew that presence. The realization sent a tingle of recognition down her spine. Mia Monroe. Also known as Mand'alor the Liberator. Her fingers tightened around the hilt of her own beskad as she moved towards the pair. But could she help Mia, or would her intervening tip the battle in the opposite direction. Frowning, she moved towards Kaeda, and crouched as she visually checked the younger woman for injuries.

Often times, Asemir would dwell on the sheer splendor of the Force. He'd sit in the cockpit of his ship, gazing out at the stars, and contemplate how incredible it was that some mystical energy or presence connected together all life. The Force touched all beings, and for some people, it had a special connection. That connection defied all laws of physics and allowed the individual to perform fantastic feats. It was truly awe inspiring.

In that moment of lucidity that many people involved in live-or-die situations would call "fight time", Asemir felt the Force calling to him. It was a familiar call, but only because he'd spend decades listening to and training his mind to hear that call. It was like the call of a close friend, someone who was always at his side to give him advice, to talk with him, to keep him company. It was like the loyal companion who'd never betray him and worked hard to keep him safe.

And even as his mind recognized that warning, that nudge from the Force that said "Hey, look out!", his muscles were already moving, reacting to years of muscle memory buried deep within their fibers. His songblade clashed sharply against another blade, this one with far more craftsmanship than Kaeda's, instead of slicing easily through human flesh. While Asemir might have registered surprise at the offending blade's miraculous appearance, his body had already reacted to Phase Two of Training.

His torso muscles bunched, his legs moved, and the Forgotten twisted away from this new threat. His arms were already moving his blade into a defensive position as he worked to put distance between him and his new opponent. Even if it took him a few fractions of a second, he needed that time to reset his attack, to regain his momentum, and to plan another course of action.

Asemir's training, his reflexes, saved his life, as was usually the case. The beskad sailed downward in a vertical slash that was supposed to bisect him sagittally, but instead, the master-crafted blade etched a fine cut along the Forgotten's cheek. The slice burned fiercely and blood flowed freely, but Asemir knew instinctively that the wound was not fatal or too serious. He'd have a scar though, another to add to his collecction.

The Forgotten, now a safe few meters from his opponents, took stock of the situation. Three people, including Kaeda. The third was tending to his former foe. The second stood in front of him, sword at the ready, stance and ability speaking to a far stronger mastery of the art of the blade.

He wasn't afraid or worried, but he knew that his hope for a clean escape was now a thing of the past. At best, he'd defeat them, but that would take time, and the chance of more reinforcements appearing was high. This was not good.

Asemir shook his head once, throwing droplets of his blue blood into the air, and looked askew at Kaeda. "Friends? Reinforcements? Hardly fair." Perhaps there were other options than fighting, he mused. "I don't suppose you all want to talk this out?" he asked his foes.

[member="Anija Betna"]
[member="Kaeda Vevut"]
[member="Mia Monroe"]

Mia clicked her tongue, the beskads rolling in her hands. "If I'm honest, talking ain't really my thing. But, surrender your weapons and come quietly and I'll consider taking you to talk to someone." She smiled slightly "Maybe."

While she spoke she reached out in the force to her niece in greeting. It was edged with regret and sorrow. Dar'manda she may have been but Anija was still family. No doubt, they'd have a lot of catching up to do.

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"][member="Anija Betna"][member="Kaeda Vevut"]

[member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] [member="Anija Betna"]

Kaeda slumped back down to the ground when she saw Anija come up. Anija she had seen in the Witchmaster's battle line, and so knew was an ally. If she wasn't concerned with the new person, then Kaeda was fine getting her breath back. She kept her eyes on the two combatants, taking her down time as reason to study the fighting style of them. She would study them, then in practice try to emulate their styles to find pieces to incorporate.

She'd need heavier armor and better weapons too. She would have to look to that after this skirmish, she would never again come so close to failure as this. That she swore to herself.

When Anija knelt before her, Kaeda made eye contact and nodded, no sorrow in her eyes.

"He had me dead to rights when she intervened. I owe her my life." She said to her beneath her breath.

[member="Kaeda Vevut"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

As she knelt near Kaeda, Anija frowned slightly behind her visor. She'd been in that situation before. And she well knew what he younger woman was feeling. She continued checking Kaeda for injuries. Granted, she was no medic, but she knew enough that she could stop bleeding and ease pain to a degree. At Kaeda's words, she nodded slightly, and laid a hand on the other woman's shoulder, as she sent waves of calm and determination to her through the Force. More to help her calm and focus more than anything else.

"Aye, he did...." she said softly. "And there is nothing wrong with feeling gratitude for someone having saved your life." She gently squeezed Kaeda's shoulder as she got up. "Use this as an opportunity to better yourself. You did well today. Don't tell yourself otherwise." She held Kaeda's gaze for the few moments it took to help the younger woman to her feet. When she had, she turned her attention to the other two. She'd felt Mia's brush of greeting in the Force, and the emotions attached to it made her eyes sting with unshed tears. They'd had their differences in the past. Perhaps.. they could begin to mend things? Anija hoped it wasn't just wishful thinking.

Asemir returned the smile, but his was marred by the blood trickling down his jaw. "I'd be lying if I said I'd surrender my weapons. That's not a particularly smart thing to do when I'm surrounded by enemies."

He glanced around, trying to calculate the best way to escape. "Tell you what, you take me to someone who's willing to chat, and I won't severely maim or kill everyone as I escape." Though his smile was genuine, his tone told all that he was quite capable of carrying out his promise.

[member="Mia Monroe"]
[member="Anija Betna"]
[member="Kaeda Vevut"]

Mia blew an annoyed sigh out of her nose. "You are not in a position to negotiate, and you are a fool if you think for one minute you will be able to escape."

Shadow had moved behind Aesemir, a low rumble in his throat. "You will surrender your weapons. Or I will take them from you."

Feth, he thought. An animal. Animals tended to be more fearsome than sentients because they kept coming long after they should have succumbed to their wounds. Things were about to go from bad to worse.

"You can try," Asemir said. "I'll give you one last chance to keep your people from getting hurt. I'll surrender but keep my gear. Otherwise, things get nasty. I've killed Sith Lords and Jedi Masters. and will not be holding back. Your call, my lady."

[member="Mia Monroe"]

OOC:
Blurg board game night with family.

Mia sheathed her blades and stepped closer to him. "If you try to run. I will kill you. If you raise a weapon against these people, I will kill you. If I so much as sense deception from you, I will kill you."

She reached out in the force, seeking [member="Ember Rekali"]. I have a hostage that would like to talk with you.

"Come." She beckoned the girls to join her, inviting them to surround Asemir. With Shadow bringing up the rear, Mia led the procession towards the main fight.

[member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] [member="Kaeda Vevut"]

A nod to Mia was Anija's only response as she made sure that Kaeda was able to lay hand on her weapons. Just in case, she passed the younger woman one of her rippers, and palmed the other one as she stepped closer to Asemir and Mia. It was.... unusual to say the least. But, Anija wasn't about to shrug it off, either. Perhaps there was some reason the man had crossed their path. Whether he would hold true, and lay down his weapons remained to be seen. She could tell he certainly meant business about the other things he'd said. A flicker in her eyes as she reached out to Mia in the Force, returning the woman's touch with one filled with hesitant affection. She knew she had her own demons to face.

"Let's not keep the Elder waiting..."

Still a bit dazed, Kaeda fell into step beside Anija. She remained silent, her mind going over the movements of her fight, already learning from what had happened.

Behind her were the helmet from her armor, her broken blade and hilt, and many misconceptions she had held about combat. Moving forward, she would be better prepared.

What did not kill her, strengthened her.

[member="Anija Betna"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

"I'd expect nothing less," Asemir said to Mia. He sheathed his blade and followed the group, wondering who was the leader of these attackers. He'd have to talk his way out of this predicament. Find some way to get off planet without antagonizing more people.

After a moment of walking in relative silence, he nodded a salute to Kaeda. "You did well. A little refinement, some restraint, and you'd be a superb fighter."

OOC:
Sorry short post. Wanted to squeeze something in. It's family time now, again.

[member="Mia Monroe"]
[member="Kaeda Vevut"]

Anija's affection had an adverse affect on Mia, it made her angry. Anija should have been angry at her and the lack of a proper response riled Mia. Perhaps it was because she felt guilty. "Karking mandalorians." She snapped whirling round on the three of them.

"Would you stop praising her!" She snapped at the pair before settling her gaze on Kaeda. "Congratulations, you can swing a blade. Pretty well too, I'll give you that. But you had to be saved because you ignored everything else. Because you, like every other fething mandalorians ran headlong into a battle without thinking. You were given ample opportunity to stand down and live another day but you didn't and the only reason your still breathing is because we were there. So kid, you didn't do well, you failed the most important lesson in the book. Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."

She turned around again, fists clenching at her sides to stop them from shaking and continued to walk. "Take it from someone who's been through hell and back. Living is far better than getting yourself killed for another persons cause."

[member="Anija Betna"] [member="Kaeda Vevut"] [member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

"And what would you know about living and dying?" Asemir shot back. "If life were only about keeping yourself alive, why are you even here? There are a lot worse fates than dying for a cause. Take it from someone who's fought for many causes, almost all of them pretty worthless. When you've seen as much as I have, done as much as I have, you start to wonder if surviving this long is even worth it."

He shook his head. "I praise her because she didn't freeze up at the first exchange. She didn't break when she knew she was dreadfully outclassed. She didn't run when she knew she was going to die. She has potential." Asemir felt some of the frustration at being stuck on this feth-forsaken planet start to bubble into his emotions. It was an odd feeling, to feel anger cloud his usual cool mind, if only a little. It fed his words. "If she's not willing to put everything on the line to grow, to become better, what's the fething point? Where is her conviction? Where is her drive?"

[member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Kaeda Vevut"] [member="Anija Betna"]

"EVERYTHING!" Mia screamed at him. She'd come within an inch of his face, a fury burning in her eyes like no other. "When I said I'd been through hell and back I wasn't the being cute. I was being literal. I died at the hands of a karking sith, trying to get to her father." She pointed an accusing finger at Anija. "I walk every day of this life carrying with me the memories of the Sith Lord Velok. I was Mand'alor the Liberator and I would have died, I did die for my people and I've nothing to show for it but nightmares and a bad drinking habit."

Through the bond she shared with Shadow the hound felt her angst and began whining, vocalising the pain she could only show through anger. "There is a difference between courage and stupidity. And she was stupid."

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom