Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contest Burn the Air Blue: Create the best new Star Wars profanity, you karking fethwits

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
My extreme thanks to all those who participated. Here's five of my favorites from among your many suggestions.

yr2JUsy.png

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Editor's notes:
  • If you didn't get a chance to post before I pulled the trigger at an arbitrary time, post anyway. This thread is a living, breathing, evergreen artistic resource.
  • 'To dax' and 'to ryv' were interchangeable but 'ryv' sounded dirtier.

Here comes my list

“Nock” or “Nocker” - Used in a sense to express extreme frustration. Just got shot in the arm, ship lost and engine, bartender got your drink wrong. Anything really. Also used to describe someone that is very irritating and is likely to get shot.
Come from a infamous space creature, the Mynock.
  • Jawas are stealing your gear “Hey! That is my stuff you little Nockers!”
  • Just got shot in the leg “Ow! What the Nock?!”

“Shields are up” - Used for when your partner is in a bad mood, and there is no way you are...yeah. You get the point. Pretty self explanatory.
Comes from Episode III with Obi-Wan’s quote.
  • In a bar “I’ve been trying to get with this Twi’lek, but her shields have been up all night.”

“Beskar Brain” - Used almost exclusively to Mandalorians, it is to express when someone is full of themselves or thick-headed. Also used when you are angry at a Mandolorian.
Comes from the Beskar armor Mandalorians wear (obviously)
  • Towards a Mandalorian “Hey Beskar Brain, that blaster compensating for something?”
  • Attacked by a Mandalorian “Get off of me you Beskar Brain!”

“Compsaber” - Used when talking about a lightsaber or a Jedi. People who use lightsabers usually think they are above everyone else, but people think they are compensating for something.
Comes from Spaceballs and the Schwartz joke.
  • When talking to a Jedi “We all know why you carry around that Compsaber Jedi. Obviously you are lacking something.”
  • Talking about a Jedi “Just wait till big-man Jedi shows up, waving around his Compsaber.”

Last edited:
Gob of Krayt-Spit: Originating with the Tusken people of Tatooine and spreading to the human populations, it references the thick slime some krayt dragons will spew from their mouth when attacked. Used as a form of utter derision and directed to a being or object that is considered terrible.
Example: That loan shark is an absolute gob of Krayt spit, preying on the desperate and needy and gouging them for everything they’ve got.

Susefvi Comet Racer:
Traced to the asteroid mining fields of the Susefvi system, this refers to the miners so desperate for a score, or so obsessed with gaining riches from a perfect score that they try to race incoming comets before they collide with the asteroid field or melt by passing too close to the sun and instead crash into the asteroids, gas giant, or sun. Generally used to refer to people incapable or unwilling to see the bigger picture and obsessed with their own
Example: You absolute Susefvi comet racer, you cared so much about catching that fugitive you drove straight into a trap.

Devil Eyes - Derived from Wild Space along the star systems that were frequented by Chiss traders in the post-Thrawn era of the Galaxy. After creating an infamous name for himself, to the point where the mere idea of him still being alive nearly caused a second Galactic Civil War, certain features of his were forever enshrined to describe the Chiss. Devil Eyes is one of those
  • Category: Slur
  • Derogatory
  • Ex - "Those devil eyes done cheated us good!"
Chimera's Breath - Old sailor's curse from post-Thrawn Republic era. Similar to damn or other curses used describe surprise, anger, etc. Its not clear where this originated.
  • Category: Expletive
  • Ex - "Chimera's breath, how did you manage that?"
Sailing for Old Man Thrawn - Euphamism for dead or about to be dead.
  • Ex - "Jones is sailin' for Old Man Thrawn now...Force bless his soul."

Third-tail; A reference to male Twi'lek anatomy.

example: "When I find that sleemo, I'm gonna cut his third-tail clean off!"

When I wrote that, I forgot that some Twi'leks have four head tails. I guess you can say "Fifth tail" as applied to them.

New word: was thinking of the armor forging scene from The Mandalorian, then I was watching Forged in Fire and came up with another sci-fi slang word.

Quench: become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation. Synonymous with "chill out."

Examples:
"You need to quench."
"Go quench."
"That guy needs to quench."

It's not just a Mandalorian word, other races say it too but I like to think that's where it originated. It's not profanity, but merely slang.

Another wonderful addition pulled from Rowan the Bard

"may the ghosts of Alderaan burn in your drives"
-A blessing used by Rebel pilots after the destruction of Alderaan and the popularization of the folk song "Ghosts of Alderaan". It remained a popular alternative to "May the Force be With You" among New Alderaanian and Ascension pilots as well as many private ship captains.

Another one!

Salt and Spray;
Pamarthen in Origin - Salt and Spray is a versatile exclamation used for excitement, pitty, anger, and even sadness.

"Salt and spray lassie, I didn't know it was your stormin' birthday. I woulda gotten ya some clams!"
"Salt and spray, I can't believe you've done this! The entire housing's cracked!"
"Salt and spray that's what I call a good fight!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom