Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contest Burn the Air Blue: Create the best new Star Wars profanity, you karking fethwits

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
When it comes to cussin', quality varies widely ("Emperor's black bones!") and it's easy to get tired of the good ones. One might even feel driven to using substandard profanity. This should never happen.

We're all writers here. So let's make some good bad words.

RULES:
  • Create as many as you want - words, phrases, whatever. Post them in this thread.
  • If it already exists in another sci-fi franchise and is any good (feth, frak), it probably already exists on Chaos. I'm looking for creation, not porting.
  • Variations on, or new uses of, others' entries are just fine if you credit them (e.g. quote the post).
  • It's to your advantage to give example sentences and such. A good cuss word is versatile.
  • It shouldn't be, like, obviously R-rated. Remember community standards.
  • Authenticity and background count for almost as much as as whether it rolls off the tongue. Maybe it's flavored like it's from an existing SW language or culture or region or even event. Go nuts. Or just post the word and let it stand for itself. I don't care; I just work here.
  • I will dispense prizes for the best ones as I and I alone see fit, because it's easy and I like to make things. I will also do what I can to ensure the best ones enter common parlance and are properly credited to their originators.

Joesph Leigh

J
"Come and get me, you blather-heap northies!"
- Joesph Leigh, fighting Loyalist forces during the Corellian Civil War.
The terms "blather-heap" and "northies" were used to insult Loyalist (forces loyal to the Corellian planetary government) forces, the terms primarily used by southern rebels during the Corellian Civil War, which took place nearly 32 years ago.
The term "blather-heap" has origins in the South-Corellian slang term "blathering" which originated from the word "blithering." Many rich aristocrats moved to the Southern regions of Corellia in the years before the war broke out, and the dialect that they used came with them. The farmers and laymen who worked for the rich-men picked up on their fancy-talk, (i.e blithering,) and used it. But after years of the word being said in a so-called "unsophisticated" accent, the "li" in blithering became "blathering," consistent with the mispronunciation of non-consonants among the uneducated commoners of the south.

It seemed that on top of all of the political, social, economic, and military effects that the war had on Corellia, it also changed the language itself too. If you said "blithering," you were an aristocrat or a northerner. If you said "blathering" you were a southerner. Blathering was applied to the Loyalist troops due to the often incomprehensible battle cries that they shouted, all layering over each-other, as they charged southern positions. The heap part of the word is far more easy to explain, as North troops would attack in large numbers often, attempting to overwhelm the often outnumbered rebel troops. Northies by contrast is way more easy to explain. Take "Northerner" and put a "ies" at the end, and you got "Northies."

Tom Kovack

T
You may say that I should stop trying to make "prime" happen, because it's is never going to be as cool as, uh, "cool", but I refuse to back down. All the prime kids back in 1 ABY used it.

Pamarthen Slang

"Burn salt" - Pamarthe is known for its sailors, drinkers, pilots and fighters. Burn salt is a curse with its origins from its sailors and pilots. The turbulent storms, high winds, and constant sea spray make maintenance hell on their ships. Build-up of salt is a real problem for the people there and burning the salt in your engine or motors can often be deadly. So in short, Burn salt is roughly equivalent to "kark of and die"
  • Ex. "I hope you burn salt!"
  • Ex. "Oh burn salt Marcey, we all know you've been shucking clams with Patrick for weeks! That's why you haven't gotten anything done!"
"Spray!" - Tied to the ever-present enemy that is salt spray we get "spray". Equivalent to kark and damn, lesser than kriff and crick. Very minor, often replaced with more colorful expletives but culturally significant.
  • Ex. stubs toe "Spray! That hurt"

"By Seven Pamarthen Seas, who in the Seven Pamarthen Seas, etc" - Sailor's curse equivalent to "Who the hell/what the hell etc". In a similar vein "By the seas of my ancestors" is also acceptable.
  • Ex. "By the Seven Pamarthen Seas that was close!"

"Port in a Storm" - A flexible euphemism used for saying someone has a scathing personality, they're good at something (usually used in a sultry manner), they're a good drinking companion, they're a BAD drinking companion. Context is key here. Its named for a drink of the same name originating on the world.
  • Ex. "That girl's a Port in a Storm," [She'll knock your socks off winky face]
  • Ex. "That boy's got a glare like a Port in a Storm," [That boy's got a stare that'll peel paint of a starfighter]
  • Ex. "The lad's a Port in a storm he is! Wouldn't want another bloke wif me!" [He's a trusty companion!]

"Clam Shucker" - Equivalent to schutta

[Honorable mentions for some things I will definitely be using and is only here for others to use as well and claiming for Pamarthe that are ports...]

Crash - Proposed origin: Made famous by starship racers from Pamarthe

"Airsick" (This one is cheating but its from a fantasy so burn salt) - Airsick is an equivalent to stupid, daft, or some other equivalent. Its an insult with origins the pilot tradition of Pamarthe. A key to Pamarthens' skills as a pilot come from their use of (or lack-there-of) intertial dampeners. The resulting High G maneuvers often led to blackouts and many of the best pilots ended their career with brain damage from the constant changes in the flow of oxygen. Its an extremely ableist insult but to the thick-skinned people of Pamarthe its just another way to call your bloke an idiot. Also an insult used by experienced pilots to people who either can't fly or are rookies, indicating that they spend too much time on the ground and have gotten TOO much air. Original Source: Stormlight Archive
  • Ex. "Why would you bypass the power couplings into the exhaust? Are you airsick? That'll cause the bypass to blow not sooner than 3 klicks high!"
  • Ex. "God...Look at this airsick rookie. Probably doesn't know his port from his starboard."
"Storms!" - Stronger and more versatile curse than Spray. OG Source: Stormlight Archive
  • Ex. "Storms that was a good flight!"
  • Ex. "Storming man! You must be a fool!"
  • Ex. "That was a storming good time lad!"
  • Ex. "Storms alight..."
  • Ex. "Stormwinds! That was amazing!"
  • Ex. "By the ancestral storms"
  • Ex. "A dark storm's headed our way."

[Slang words/phrases that aren't curses.]

"Hurricane" - A wild child, endearing.
  • Ex. "That boy's gonna be a real hurricane when he grows up."
  • Ex. "Where's my little hurricane?"

"Cub" - Not exactly unique to Pamarthe. Tied to the prominence of the Pamarthen Lion in the culture and ecosystem.

"Bridge has a few planks missing" - Euphemism indicating someone isn't all there. Comes from the old and constantly in repair bridges that connect the many settled islands of Pamarthe together.
  • Ex. "The lass' got a few planks missing from her bridge, if you know what I mean."
"Storm Warden" - Pamarthen slang for guardians like sheriffs, Jedi, ORC Judges, etc.
  • Ex. "I'm looking for a Jedi!" --- "A what?" --- "He means the Storm Warden that rolled through the other night dearie."
"Wind Sore/Sea Sore" - Homesick from long stints in flight/at sea.
  • Ex. "Ahh, don't worry about Ian. Its his first long voyage, he's just a wee bit sea sore."

-----

Ex: An exchange between a Pamarthen father, a son, and his fiesty girlfriend about getting a ride on pa's skimmer a few islands over.

"What in the Seven Pamarthen Seas is that? You must be airsick if ye think I'm takin' that port in a storm on my ol' gal!"
"Burn salt you crusty old man. Nobody'd want to ride these seas on your rust bucket anyways!"
"Listen pa! Jossie just needs a little help. I know she can be a bit of a hurricane but-"
"But nothin'! That storming little clam shucker stole my blasted sail coupler!"
"Not like you were using it anyways old man! Let's go Issac, your old man's a few planks short of a bridge anyways. We'll find passage some otherway before the next storm."
"You're lucky I don't have half a mind to call the Storm Warden right now and see you tossed to sea! Don't you two walk away from me!"

Last edited:
As with any new profanity, especially such spreading like wildfire throughout the Outer Rim, especially old Outer Rim Coalition/Outer Planets Alliance territory, the definition remains somewhat obscure and, well, indefinite; however, among multiple uses, one can get a decent idea for how to use the new slang.

"Have you heard what happened with Grand Marshal Cotan Sar'andor? Disappeared for months, people thought he was dead, only for him to show up again out of nowhere when everybody thought he was dead and act like he never even went anywhere."

"Uggh, I know. What a Dax."

"What? A vacation, your honeymoon? Coren, you can't be serious. There's way too much going on right now, you can't just leave me like this to pick up the sla—"

"Sorry, Cotan, but Celeste and I have plans that don't involve potentially dying to the Sith. The galaxy can survive without me for a month."

"You're really going to Dax me like this?"

"Hey, have you seen what those Bryn'adul raiders did on Klatooine? Sithspit, man, they killed everybody they got their claws on. It was worse than Won Shasot."

"Yeah, they really Dax'd it good, huh?"

"Okay, okay, okay, Zak, I know it's ridiculous, but you see that Zeltron at the bar?"

"No, no, you don't understand, she's a Perl, she'll eat you alive—"

"Like that'll stop me."

Three minutes later...

"Looks like I'm not going back to my apartment after all, Sheriff!"

"You absolute Dax."

Thus far, in the noun form it appears to refer to anything from a magnificent bastard, to an idiot, to a complete slacker, and even to somebody who would be better appreciated if they were dead, sick, or in some similar state as others may have assumed them to be; in the verb, it can either mean to completely destroy something, to abandon somebody, or to pull something nearly impossible off in an absolutely fantastic and highly implausible manner; at any time, it can be a complete combination of any of the above, as well.

It remains to be seen whether any one definition will become the mainstream standard, or if yet more definitions will evolve; given the nature of the Outer Rim, and how wide-ranging the tales of the exploits of Dax Perl Dax Perl are, it is considered more likely that the latter will be the case.

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
"Burn salt" - Pamarthe is known for its sailors, drinkers, pilots and fighters. Burn salt is a curse with its origins from its sailors and pilots. The turbulent storms, high winds, and constant sea spray make maintenance hell on their ships. Build-up of salt is a real problem for the people there and burning the salt in your engine or motors can often be deadly. So in short, Burn salt is roughly equivalent to "kark of and die"
  • Ex. "I hope you burn salt!"
  • Ex. "Oh burn salt Marcey, we all know you've been shucking clams with Patrick for weeks! That's why you haven't gotten anything done!"

Love this to no end.

There's more than one way to be enslaved
I see this competition has devolved into sampling the insults. But I digress.

Coreworlder: a common term along the outer rim, especially among the slaves and those worse off.
it refers to the lack of help from the core world, specifically back when it preached the evils of slavery and the conditions kf much of the outer rim. Additionally, it can refer so help that is so self serving or contradictory that it doesn’t achieve anything.

Ex. “There all core worlders round here. Can’t expect as much as a simple how d’you do?”
Ex. Person A “I was trying to help!”
Person B “and yer a core worlder for all the good it did me!”

help from the core: whole not an insult, it is the parent term to the one above. It can ofte n be used like “when he’ll freezes over” to show the unlikelyness of it.

ex. “I’m gonna win this pod race!”
“yeah, and help’s coming from the core any day now.”

hutt spawn: refers to someone that is greedy, selfish, and/or cruel. it can also be used to refer to someone that’s ugly.

ex. “What’d that hutt spawn do now?”
ex. “That man’s a hutt spawn if I ever saw one.”
ex. “The hutt spawn would be lucky if a girl even looking his way without retching. What with a mug as ugly as that.”

Tatooine specific curses

Dust!: a minor curse much like damn. Dust comes from the fine grains of sand and dust that can get up in machinery and break it.

Duster: much like dust, duster can be used to describe a person that does nothing but ruin or break things.

Last edited:
Arkanis Slang [Expletives] Pt. 1

Scum-scuffer
  • Insult based mostly on class, meant to demean those with lower socioeconomic status (or imply that they are of a lower status, or that they came from/deserve to be, etc.) Often combined with harder expletives to display anger.
  • Example:
    • "What the feth are all these scum-scuffers doing in this district?"
    • "Go back to your home, you fething scum-scuffer."
Raht
  • Expletive, likely with an offworld-based etymology but has become popular in common Arkanis slang. Used as a stand-in for an undesirable substance or quality.
  • Example:
    • "I just finished filling out these Raht-filled forms, now what do you want me to do?"
    • "Tatooine? You think I want to go to that Raht-hole?"
Jaggath
  • Expletive/Insult, considered offensive and used to deliberately offend. Derived from old Arkanian word for 'useless.'
  • Example:
    • "Get off my ship, you mother-fething Jaggath."

Mishel Kryze

M
One Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn Marakai Al'Orren Marakai Al'Orren and Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser have come to understand.

"Never go full Mishel"

This generally means you've pulled so much aggro you're gonna die. Example: SWTOR, you ran across the justicar area with more than half of the justicars running after you and shooting.

Anyway, just remember if you're a Jedi Knight looking to to pull a Mishel Kryze (Leeeeroy Jenkins) make sure to have a healer nearby otherwise, ope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom