Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Bryn'adûl | Sensory Processor Mutagen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryn'adûl | Sensory Processor Mutagen

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
guido-van-kesteren-dna-mutation-still.jpg
  • Intent: To detail the Mutagen Processor used by Tathra.
  • Image Source: X
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Processor Mutagen
  • Manufacturer: The Bryn'adûl
  • Affiliation: Tathra Khaeus
  • Homeworld: Draemidus Prime
  • Production: Unique
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Material: Organ
  • Colour: N/A
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Mutation Organ | Sensory Processor
  • Weight: Extreme
  • Resistances
  • Blasters: Extreme
  • Kinetic: High
  • Lightsabers: Low
  • Force: Average
  • Elemental: High

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Enhanced Sense: The mutagen essentially enhances each part of the ear, creating enlarged tympanic membranes and ossiciles as part of the carapace structure of Tathra's skull. The strengthened tympanic muscles thusly are capable of greater sound detection and sense of balance.
Strengths:
  • Excellent sound detection & awareness
  • Helps maintain Balance
  • Capable of hearing ultrasonic sounds
Weaknesses:
  • Can deafen Tathra to particular elements in battle if focusing too much on particular elements
  • Information overload can cause dizziness/nausea

DESCRIPTION:
This Mutagen is essentially a growth, an additional processor that aids Tathra in awareness of traps, in coming projectiles and different sensory indications of danger or movement. This sensory muscle is a well trained addition and allows for greater awareness in combat and the anticipation of combat.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Moved to Pre-Factory now. Please remember to make a note at the bottom of your submission summarizing the changes you have made and tag a member of the Factory Staff once you're ready for active judgement.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Denied.
Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus
Link. I'm dinging this for violation of the following rule:

Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Small excerpts may be included from other sources in a sub, but they must include a credit, link, and be clearly marked.

As this is your second (and there's also a third here) violation in nearly as many weeks no less, I have consulted Srina Talon Srina Talon and we have both agreed that such blatant repeat behavior warrants the following:

Effectively immediately you are banned from the Factory and Codex for 30 days.

This ban extends to all of your accounts.

Important Information
  • You may not post in Pre-Factory/Codex or Factory/Codex Creation Forums during the period of your Ban.​
  • All of your current Codex and Factorry Submissions awaiting Judgement will be denied.​
  • During this time please review all of the rule sets thoroughly (Site, Codex and Factory Rules).​
  • Please be aware that any further infractions will extend the length of the ban in both Codex and Factory.​
  • Pending review your ban will be lifted on the 18th of March.
  • Assuming it is lifted at the end of the 30 days, you will then be welcome to attempt to Second Chance any submissions that have been denied.

I can't see what updates have been made to this submission. please could you include a list of the changes made to the submission? It still reads as an amalgamation of the Warhammer 40K implants you were previously banned for copying. I'll remind you that this is the second chance for this submission and if you don't modify the submission significantly then I will deny it and you will be unable to submit this mutagen again. Furthermore, any other instances of plagiarism will result in another factory ban for you.

Please tag me back once you have completed the re-write of this submission. I will leave it in the pre-factory until that time.

John Locke John Locke How does this look? I'm not really sure how much more different I can make it. Yes, I'm taking inspiration but how far from useful or the original concept does it have to be for it not to be plagiarism?

Not looking to pull a fast one on anyone here.

I can see where you've re-written the text, but that's all you've done. If I look at this I still see the same effect as the 40K Lyman's Ear.

My rule of thumb here is if you've taken inspiration from something, but made it your own then that's not plagiarism. A cybernetic eye is fairly common sci-fi element that can be found anywhere, but those cybernetic eyes on chaos started with that as inspiration and then made it their own somehow. By adding elements or removing elements.

The problem with this submission is that I can't see how it's different from the source material. There's nothing here that show's you've taken inspiration so much as lifted the Lyman's Ear and placed it in the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom