Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Bring Back Member of the Month

Should Chaos Bring Back Member of the Month?

• Sure

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • Nah

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
I dunno about you guys, but I really liked the MotM feature. It was nice to see folks recognized for being active members of the community. I'm not sure how much work it would be for staff to re-implement this, but I think it would be neat to see again.

Thoughts?

I think this is a great idea with a lot of potential my only word of caution would be that in the past I've seen Player of the Month categories turn into popularity contests on various sites. Not saying it would ever happen here but something to watch out for. Aside from that negative the positives are clear though as it can give players a great boost in recognition and/or confidence, especially if they're writers that don't always have the spotlight shined on them.

We never let the community vote on it, when it was ran in the past. Nor did Staff vote on it, we just asked for names and then we'd pick.

Or sometimes I'd yeet it at a new member just to see what would happen.

I'll look into it.

It would be kinda cool if the chosen member also got a 'spotlight' post written about them too. "They played this character in this invasion, did some really cool schtuff over here" etc.

Just a thought, not sure how practical it is.

It would be kinda cool if the chosen member also got a 'spotlight' post written about them too. "They played this character in this invasion, did some really cool schtuff over here" etc.

Just a thought, not sure how practical it is.
This was how it was back in the day. A thread would be made, there'd be a blurb about why, and good feels were all around. T'was a good thing from what I saw.

If it doesn’t take too much manpower from
Staff that would be fine.

I don’t think it’s needed but it’s not like it hurts anything to have

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom