Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Breaker of Chains | #1

BREAKER OF CHAINS
I S S U E _ #1 w/ Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari

Baco the Hutt's Floating Palace,
Hutt Space

It was no blood-thirsty guards, stone-cold bounty hunters, or ravenous rancors that would really test Dagon Kaze's mettle. It was the stench. The fetor of rotten flesh permeated the tight confines of the maintenance shaft through which the Jedi Knight crept. He was somewhere above the garbage compactor of the large, bulk freighter that served as the base of operations of notorious slaver Baco the Hutt. A crime lord Dagon was seriously suspected of providing slaves to feed the apocalyptic war machine that was the Maw.

The Sith'ari Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis had perished and yet the flow of slaves rumored to stream to Maw-held territories had only increased. The work of Darth Mori, the Sith Lord he had faced and barely survived during the Sacking of Coruscant when the New Jedi Order's temple was put to the torch and its servants to the sword. Where Solipsis had been driven by a mad, megalomaniac desire to reshape the very fabric of reality, Mori sought to completely consume the reality of life.

Entropy made manifest.

He climbed down a ladder leading to a level below. If his schematics were correct, then the shaft would lead him out to where the hangar of the space palace was. After a few turns, evading loose wirings and leaking pipes, the raven-haired Knight emerged on a walkway elevated in the shadows of the hangar, far from any eyes. Below, a cargo space barge was being unloaded with a fresh batch of slaves. Gamorrean guards prod at their backs with electrostaves and loudly barked orders. Apparently, they were running behind schedule.

A faint, almost silent, sound snapped his attention to his right. Instinctively, Dagon's hand jolted forward with a Force push to pin down the unexpected trespasser on the walkway. The telekinetic shove was met with an equivalent resistance. The Jedi's eyes widened in surprise, straining to barrel through the counter Force push of the twi'lek. "Who the hell are you?!" he asked, whispering through gritted teeth. ​

Breaker of Chains

Tags: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
It was no exaggeration to say that Mi'la had become rather good at smuggling herself. For some reason, Hutts were obsessed with live feedings of people to various animals, so she long since adopted the strategy of buying old stasis pods and giving some poor chump a few credits to 'sell' her to whatever buyer was asking. Add a little Force Trance, and boom, on a ship she would go. Of course, with that came a threat that some jerk wouldn't pay attention and trap her under a crate of Force only knew other nonsense a Hutt might desire; but that was where lightsabers came into play.

This time however, she was lucky in that nothing like this had occurred. Managing to wiggle her way out of the pod, she brushed herself off, and retrieved the sabers concealed within her prosthetic Lekku; the day the Hutts started using actual security measures she was going to be in trouble. Clipping the weapons to her belt, she began to make her way through the hold, carefully sneaking about the corners, sensing the pain and ripple of emotional backlash from the slaves being ferried onto the vessel near by.

As a jedi she was able to separate herself from many emotions, but slavers were something that brought a tinge of fury to her mind. Still, she calmed herself, intent on continuing with her plan of liberation, when she felt a shift in the Force. Almost reflexively, she moved, hand extending, countering out the shove that came towards her with an equal one of her own, only to find a strangely dressed man before her. The Force was with him, obviously, but she hadn't a clue what his allegiances were. "Firstly, language." She started, speaking with a soft tone, eyeing him and up and down with suspicion. "Secondly, I'm Mi'la Undari, jedi knight. I'm going to hope you don't work for the Hutts? That would be rather bad, since I'm here to ruin their day" She spoke, trying to work out what exactly this man was doing here, and partly wondering if he was a costumed performer for the crimelord. That one actually made a little bit a sense.

Then the stench hit her nose, and she recoiled in disgust. "Ugh, did you....did you come in through waste disposal? That's a very unfortunate smell you have." Hopefully this wouldn't escalate into a conflict, there were quite a few slaves that needed her help.

Last edited:

BREAKER OF CHAINS

Hutt Space

A sigh of relief escaped his lips and Dagon simultaneously relinquished the attempt of a Force push and sized her up, now when she clearly wasn't a threat but an ally. There was an air of familiarity to her but they would've known each other if she had been from the New Jedi Order. Either she was a Knight of the Silvers or the few that bore the hermit life of wayseekers. His soft glance lingered a little longer over the prosthetic lekku hanging from her head; not something he recalled ever seeing before.

Dagon pulled the collar of the New Jedi leather jacket he donned and sniffed the odor. "I would've died if I had gone through the waste -- what the hell do Hutts eat, man?" the Knight shook his head then his features softened as he introduced himself with a lopsided smirk. "Dagon. Dagon Kaze, also Jedi Knight. Also here to ruin Baco's day but also to get my hands on some manifests. He's been moving slaves way more than before... something's changed." he explained then warily leaned over the railing to take a glance at the cargo barge of slaves being processed. "You, uh, got a fragrance or something on you by any chance?" he sheepishly smiled. ​

Breaker of Chains

Blinking at the man, she tilted her head at his response, before she understood him to be a fellow jedi knight. Well, least that was one burning question eliminated. "Well, you don't smell great, but I have smelled death before, and this isn't it." She agreed, taking a slightly amused grin at the man. "I'm aware of the slave issue, glad I'm not the only one here to resolve it. Was a bit concerned about trying to take this all on my own." She gave a glance around, wondering if they were at risk of being spotted, but that didn't seem an issue.

What was an issue, was Dagon asking if she had a fragrance to use, to which she narrowed her eyes, and slowly opened up the side of her prosthetic Lekku. Producing a small bottle of disinfectant spray, she offered it to him. "You'll smell like a nurses clinic for a moment, but it'll help with the smell." She blamed Millia for that habit. Always needed to have disinfectant at the ready when she was around; not because she asked for it, but because Mi'la wanted her to feel comfortable. "So, where do we go from here? I've never really broken onto his barge before." She had a plan initially, but given that Dagon wasn't involved in those plans, she had to figure something else out.

BREAKER OF CHAINS

Hutt Space

"I'm aware of the slave issue, glad I'm not the only one here to resolve it. Was a bit concerned about trying to take this all on my own." She gave a glance around, wondering if they were at risk of being spotted, but that didn't seem an issue.

"Two of us makes it a piece of cake." he smirked, brimming with confidence. As she produced a disinfectant from her prosthetic lekku, Dagon blinked once, twice, in surprise before taking the offer gladly. "I'll take anything over... yeah, I don't even wanna know what's down there." Hutts had a nasty habit of disposing of everything in the same place. Literally everything.

"We've got to get these people out of here and we've got to secure those manifests. Without them, I can't nip this whole thing in the bud." he explained as he bathed himself with the disinfectant spray before returning it empty to its owner. "Sorry." he sheepishly grinned. "The plan's pretty straightforward..." tapping the wristpad, a dimly lit holoprojection of the ship's interior emerged. "Get all the way down to the power core and disable it for good. I've got a way of doing it to look like a natural malfunction rather than deliberate tampering." he pointed at the stern of the vessel. "Emergency generators are gonna kick in but the place's gonna be essentially dark, or almost dark -- you know, red lights on the sides of the deck and all that, yeah." she got the point. "That will help us sneak up to the security central, all the way here beneath the bridge." he pointed at another spot, this one closer to the nose. "I can hook up in their database there and get all I need, along with any codes to get the slave pens down here open." he then gestured at the belly of the ship. "We get those open, there's no way we can sneak through to the hangar and dust without anyone batting an eye. It's a fight all the way to right where we're at now -- the hangar." he said. "Guards usually stash a few more weapons down at the pens in case of emergencies, so we'll give those to the folks we're getting out of here. Arming as many people as we can means we've got a larger chance of freeing them all alive."

"Got it?"

Breaker of Chains

She gave a polite nod as he thanked her. “A hero should be dignified, not offensive to eye nor nose. Especially nose. An ugly man can do well in this galaxy, but a smelly man will be met with few to embrace him.” She really didn’t want to know what he had to crawl through. Regardless it wouldn’t matter in the long run, as she watched him deplete the bottle, though she was listening to his words as well. He seemed to have a rather solid plan, perhaps better than hers.

Nodding as she listened, she had to wonder if this man planned on this being a solo operation. “This clearly isn’t your first time Mister Kaze, so I will follow your lead.” Stowing the spent container back into her Lekku, she crossed her arms expectantly.

BREAKER OF CHAINS

Hutt Space

"Won't be the last either." he said, a faint grin curving his lips. "And you can call me Dagon, or Dag. C'mon, let's head out. Maybe you can tell me more about hero etiquette on the way."

Through secluded walkways and maintenance shafts -- these ones far from any garbage compactors -- the Jedi duo reached the ship's power core. Dagon silently slid the massive grate away so both could peek through. The reactor hummed, its light lazily flashing and throwing the long shadows of two guards guarding the entry point.

"Think you can distract them so I can sneak up to the core's control panel?" he asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom