Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break Out [Theo]

A song called Alcohol.” Saeza mused quietly, pressing a finger to her lips as she thought about it.

Leo nodded, “It’s supposed to be a mix of Trooper Breath and Hutt Liquor. Back in my trooper days it was what we slipped the rookies.” He grinned, taking back the now empty flask. Admittedly it wasn’t enough to get them all drunk, just enough to burn away some of the nerves and stress, something Laira sorely needed. He shifted around and made his way to laze around in knee deep water while Theo and the girls talked.

Ah, yes. Let’s all ride back to a club in these.” Laira gestured at herself and Saeza dressed in skimpy dark bikinis like they were trying to impress someone. “Assuming we aren’t frozen when we make it back to the club at least Saeza and I would drink for free. I meant here, like right here!

She found a spot in the sand to sit, pushing her legs into the gentle lapping waves. “Ma’ree? She’s fine, little sister to add to the family.” The redhead grinned wide, Saeza finding a spot beside the redhead looking up at Theo carefully. “Hopefully she’s filling in for me as family mischief maker. But really, she just seems like a toddler, just like any other I’d seen.” Which admittedly, she hadn’t seen many in person.

Why?

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"Was it slipped to them for courage, or to give them a taste of things to come?" Theo looked at Leo and smiled then over to Saeza and winked. She might not understand but hopefully at some point she would catch on that she was being teased.

"Here....well here there's only sun, sand, food....and quiet. I could use quiet." He found a spot on the sand stretching up so he could see the skies.

"Well if you want free drinks that is the way to go...personally. lately anyhow, I'm not digging into the scene. I'd rather do...just friends who.well ya know" She knew he knew she knew that it was about acceptance of people around you. Too many times they had 'friends' who only saw opportunity or advancement. They wanted to play Game of Thrones with them....yeah..no.

"Ma'ree.........she's really quiet Laira...its odd..I don't know...unnerves me. But the parentals say she is fine." He sighed heavy he knew that this was temporary they had a mission ahead of them. One that well...like any mission could leave a mark on them.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Leo shrugged his shoulders, “Could have been both, could have been because they got on our nerves so we’d let them finish the bottle. Sometimes just to help them shake nerves, sometimes because we wanted them to have a headsplitter of a headache the next day.” Saeza watched quietly, awkwardly winking back at Theo, not having caught on yet.

I guess.” Laira said, somewhat defeated that there was no scene or games to be had as she rubbed her feet into the wet sand as waves lapped over her calves.

I haven’t dealt with any babies, but I’m sure they are glad she’s quiet,” Laira chuckled to herself, “You know, they had to deal with us, they’ve learned a little better how to deal with kids.” Quiet didn’t seem like a bad thing to the redhead, but if it was concerning perhaps it warranted looking into. “I don’t know, maybe see if mom will talk to a healer.

Saeza stopped her musing and looked at Theo. "I could look at her if you'd like. I'm not as good as a Knight, but I've helped a few Healer's when I lived at the Temple."

Laira gave Theo an approving look, more or less just to acknowledge Saeza was capable. "I find it odd you've not complimented Saeza on her outfit. She was hoping you would notice it, and here we are all out here and you've been quiet the whole time."

Laira sighed, “Food will probably be getting done soon. I guess we should go back.” She held out her arms to Leo who was already standing as she had said it. He reached out and took hold of her hands, drawing her up to her feet. She pressed her head against his chest and wrapped her hands around him, giving Leo a hug for a moment. The alcohol was certainly making her a little warm.

She let out a soft sigh once more and released the scarred man from her grip. “Alright.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"And then there's the need of peace and quiet from the noobs and just let it knock them out." He got that he remembered his first few months it had been a trial one that he had failed miserably.

The sand felt good and he knew the burgers and whatever else his father threw on the fire would be ready soon enough. He was reluctant to go back though. He knew in going back that their time as a family drew closer to an end. He had that part of his soul that was pure Organa he liked family and familiarity. Laira was Draco.

He listened as Laira talked and Saeza quickly volunteered to look at her. He couldn't say no, "Yeah...just do it on the down low. Don't want to alert the parentals to an issue unless there really is one. Parents are protective........well...our parents are. "

He was getting ready to say something else when he watched the exchange between Laira and Leo..............hmmm he thought to himself....was he going to have the what are your intentions talk with Leo????! He frowned....not that he was upset about it...just that.........why hadn't he caught onto it earlier.

"As for the suits....the suit is very becoming. You should keep it so that when you have time to swim again you have one." There that might not be what Laira wanted him to say but it was enough for now.

"yep...we should head back." He sat there a bit longer looking at the trio. He didn't long for the things Laira did well, not quite the things. He did long for some adventure far away......but inside he couldn't deny who he was it was easier to deny what he was.

Saeza spoke up in a quiet whisper, “I was not hoping anyone would notice.” She said with no emotion, just puzzlement. Why anyone would care whether another person appreciated the appearance of her masquer she did not know, but Laira was clearly up to something. The raven haired girl nodded to Theo, “Thank you Prince Vereen. I shall keep that in mind, and appreciate the gift.

The redhead looked over from Leo, her head still resting against the tall man’s chest, having fallen into the curve of his body. She was affectionate, sure, but they’d done little else but hug at this point. Neither were in a place mentally to be able to handle any romance, so hadn’t confessed any emotions yet. It wasn’t Laira’s way to be physical without emotional connections having been properly groomed and manifested. Given her expression, she was clearly not impressed with Theo’s compliment. “You be that way then.

Laira frowned, but released her hold on Leo, heading back into the water. She had the faint blush in her cheeks from being slightly inebriated, but wasn’t slurring or walking off-kilter. The redhead seemed fine, other than being a little warm and loosened up. She slid down in the water quickly, floating on her back with a series of gentle kicks beneath the surface to propel her towards the shore her parents were on. Leo slipped off into the water as well, followed shortly by Saeza.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"Theo...not Prince Vereen." It annoyed him that she had called him that why all of a sudden did that title come across her tongue. Prince...god what a curse that word was...worse was the other.........King......Ruler............more than that the connotation of what it entailed. In his mind it meant protecting and doing things for millions and gods forbid you get it wrong.

oh my god. He smiled even if it was weakly, "Saeza I'm sure you'll do you're best at it all. My parents..well. I'd rather not alarm them." He didn't want them to think he thought something was wrong but in truth Ma'ree was so quiet at times he just didn't know why? She spoke softly laughed loudly at times. Still...well...maybe Saeza could give an answer to it.

"Yes let's get heading back before the boat patrol called out." Theo began wading through the water....he needed to lighten this mood..."Ok...so...since the race out got side tracked, let's race back...no one hold back, no force...just swim....ready?"

He needed to work the muscles, focus his thoughts on good things..sometimes darkness just seemed to drown him. He wondered if he didn't have a different calling.....he wondered..hmmm

Laira laid in the water lazily, drifting slowly as the gentle waves rocked her body up and down in a subtle flow. “Race?” She said, the redness in her cheeks still clearly visible from her drinks.

Saeza nodded, “Yes, we could but this time first with both feet on dry land wins and no side tracks.” The sephi girl said with a thin expression of a smile.

Winner gets first pickings?” Leo asked, not that there was much to worry about food wise. Certainly Draco was preparing more than enough for them all, but some stakes couldn’t hurt the mood.

Yes.” Laira agreed. “Saeza, count us down again?” The crimson haired pilot rolled over in the water to stand so the others could line up with her.

Once the four of them had, the Sephi once more started to count. “On go. Three, two, one.” Laira tensed all of her muscles, ready to dive into the water again. Her focus was hardly on racing, but it could be fun and it wasn’t terribly far. She liked the distractions everyone provided, between racing, booze, and hugs she hadn’t dwelt on her problems since they had gotten to the beach.

Go.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"GO"

His mind cleared and his body stretched out each hand went forward to pull back the water. He could barely hear the others as their hands slapped the surface. He looked up the selphi was out in front.

She was thin, fast, and light in the water giving her an advantage over him and Leo. Laira was humming along she had endurance on her side she keep the pace. Theo his face into the water once more pressed onwards.

It wasn't long before they were past the half way mark and Saeza was leading. Theo and Leo gaining, with Laira on the girls heels....

Laira slipped through the water, though Saeza was a bit more hydrodynamically designed, with less prominent feminine curves and not as chesty as the redhead. The redhead kept to her freestyle stroke, alternating kicks as she swam behind the sephi girl who was pushing herself. Behind she could feel the distrubed water caused by the boys, heavier and denser than the two girls by a great deal.

They crossed the halfway point, and Laira started pumping her legs and arms further, driving herself into the second wind. She was a bit tipsy, and therefore not as coordinated as she might have been sober, but powerful arm and leg muscles clove through the water all the same. She rocked her hips, kicking her legs in unison beneath the water.

Ahead she could feel Saeza doing her best to urge herself through the water still, behind the boys were gaining, hitting their second wind and closing as they neared the beach where Draco and Faith were, Maree playing in the shallows with the Queen.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Saeza hit the shore first with Laira second, Leo and Theo a close 3rd and 4th. Theo did not know about the others but he was hungry now. "Congrats Saeza good job!" The water ran in rivers over his skin draining away as he walked towards the gathering group.

"I'm famished" Theo smiled big, "all the work..."

Faith smiled, "I was wondering where you all had run off too." Ma'ree walked about quietly looking up tilting her head trying to figure out everyone. Her dark eyes ebony not the blue of her other siblings. Her mother's own auburn colored with gold flecks were not even found in the girls eyes she was different.

She toddled about waiting for a warm towel and something to eat.

Theo grabbed up towels for everyone, "the winner gets the spoils Saeza. I give you first pick of what you would like to eat. And since I was just about last. I'll bring it to you." The least he could do.

He looked at Laira, "You agree?"

Saeza hit the shore, striding up, smiling wide enough that Laira could see her enlarged canines in her mouth as the redhead hit the shore. A short second later the boys made it right behind. Laira wiped her hair from her face, grinning as she hugged her friend. “Congrats!

Thank you,” the girl responded politely. Looking to each of the Royals and the toddling infant.

Laira wrapped the sheer cloth around her waist and waved off the offered towel. “Just went for a swim across the lake.” She said, her cheeks still a little blush. “YES!” She exclaimed loudly at Theo’s suggestion. “Winner gets served by the loser. And third gets served by second.” She pointed to a chair for Leo to take after he’d been given a towel to dry off with before making her way to the grill where her father was finishing up food and serving it.

Saeza stood, wide eyed, but didn’t protest. “I’m not sure what to eat. I’ve never had any of these before.

The meal was simple, a few ground nerf burgers, shellfish and mussels fetched from the lake, some grilled vegetables. Nothing a chef would serve, but it was overall a nice little meal. Laira fetched a pair of buns for burgers, fixing them with relish, ketchup, and mayo, foods Theo knew she wouldn’t usually touch, adding a few vegetables and shellfish to the plate. “Saeza’s easy,” she whispered, “Just some of everything fixed it how you like it.

Looks good dad. I see you didn’t taste all of them this time.” She winked at her father as he shoveled out food onto her plates. She held her hand up, with her index, middle and ring fingers held aloft. “Three patties, I’m not gonna have bread. What do we have to drink?

Draco eyed her, placing patties on each bun and then another off to the side as she asked, but not without casting a glance towards the dark haired man sitting on the beach. "Your mom brought some emerald wine from the palace, water, and soda."

"Wine for all of us!" She said excitedly.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

He was still laughing, "of course" "Well Ms. Saeza let me fix you a plate you can...eat what you want don't worry about the rest." He heard Laira fix her everything..ok he could do that easily.

Generous helpings of everything, and a burger with everything there was. Just like he'd like it. He walked the plate back to Saeza who still didn't seem to appreciate her win. "Here ya go...you want water or wine with your meal?"

Everything.."Oh...let me get you wine. It's made by our own vinerium." A paper cup imagine that...he half filled it not wanting her to feel to overwhelmed by it all. His father gave him that look he shrugged, "being nice pops" it was not hard to be nice to someone who seemed so....unassuming. "i'll eat.."

He would but he'd also drink.

"Laira you going to need a bottle for yourself?" He teased as he handed Saeza the cup. "Don't drink it too fast. Straight to the head"

Faith found a spot near Draco her hand rested on his arm for a moment. Looking at her family, so much to be greatful for.

Thank you Pri- Theo,” The sephi girl said with a soft smile when the young man handed her a plate of food. She nodded and sat, waiting to see if anyone else had started eating before looking through it.

Laira walked back to Leo, sitting down beside him and plopping the plate down in his lap and snagging the breadless burger she had fixed for herself. “Eat up.” She said, taking a bite from the patty. “Mmm, good dad,” the redhead muttered, covering her mouth as she spoke with it full of food. “And yes, two bottles actually. One for today, one to take with me.” Laira licked grease off her lip, grinning at her parents.

Thanks, and yeah. Nice.” Draco watched his children eating alongside strangers they had taken to liking in their own ways. “So Leo, Saeza, how’d you meet Laira?

Oh, uhh,

Our Jedi Master assigned us together.” Saeza said without hesitation, turning gold eyes to Leo to signify it was his turn.

We met on a mission. It was pretty rough, and I didn’t have many friends left after it, so I decided to stay with the one I did have.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Theo munched and nodded. Wiping away the juice from the burger he had, he did not forgo the bread he had a nice bun with some kind of seeds on it. It provided a great stage for the other things he had added to his...red fruits, green leaves, toppings that made the sandwich even more gushy.

"Its the only way to meet people" He added, "some of my best friends are the ones I've been on rotations with for patrols. Except for that one guy that Mom thought would be a good....companion for Laira." He shook his head then looked up to everyone. He chewed a bit slow, he had told them right?

"So. um" If he hadn't he wanted to change the subject quick, "We should probably leave in the next 6 hours given flight times, and length of day." He caught that look from his mother, feth, he had not told her. It must have been his father he told. He looked at his father who seemed to be looking at him with that same whiskey tango foxtrot look.

He swallowed, "I think we should put a listening post on the edge of the system." Yep keep talking. "thoughts?

Laira squinted immediately, chewing slowly on a mouthful of mixed vegetables. The visible blush in her cheeks from her mild intoxication was now complemented by a deep red of blood surging through her veins. <They wouldn’t dare.> She thought, less than enthused by the idea of her mother finding her potential matches.

Yes, six hours is fine. I worked on the hyperdrive and got it in pristine condition before we came here so we can push it well past point five.” She feigned a smile. Leo beside her could tell there was some tension in the fiery young redhead but he had simply turned to his food rather than intrude further. Saeza simply didn't realize what was happening, lost in thoughts about where a new companion would stay aboard their ship.

Draco tried to keep the conversation away from the potential companion as well, poking his wife playfully and trying to feed her a mussel. “I’m sure we can work on a listening post. I’d love to hide it if we could. Something people wouldn’t notice or see, just in case we had visitors.

Tell me about this companion.” Laira asked, silver eyes turning to her mother. “Which great house is he born from? Was he of good breeding stock?” The redhead was barely holding her tongue. Her thoughts on arranged marriages weren’t often spoken loudly or often, but she hated any concept of her family putting her into relationships.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Faith shook her head, "Don't you remember that young man who came to the palace not long ago. Gosh my memory I can't remember his name. Theo..what was his name."

Theo stopped chewing, "Oh the blonde wanna be royal guy....I don't remember, after I punched him on patrol it seems he um...got transferred to another ship with orders to never be anywhere I am again." He looked at Laira, "Dodged a blaster bolt there Laira, guy was leech..you really don't remember him...probably a good thing."

He remembered what he insinuated even if his name wasn't on the tip of his tongue, but if he saw him again he would know it. No one got to talk about his sister that way..like was some trollop that he had his way with in front of a bunch of soldiers that one day Laira would lead..

He was the only one who got to talk bad about his sister.

"So..how many prisoners?"

He would risk his mothers wrath to avoid more of the story.

I remember Caleb.” Laira said, still glowering at her mother with piercing grey eyes. “But he wasn’t blonde, I don’t believe.” She took another bite from the plate she was sharing with Leo, chewing slowly and debating on whether or not to keep pressing the matter.

She was a rebel after all.

Well, so long is mother is okay with me being polygamous when she marries me off like a prized heffer, I’m okay with it.” The redhead grinned, a devilish smile spreading across her lips. “I won’t be kicking Leo out of bed for whoever you pick. They'll have to get used to a lonely couch.” It was a bit of a lie, they’d not been together or started to work on their romantic involvement yet, but it might stir up something from her parents. Saeza looked up from her food, confusion on her features, but she didn’t speak, simply continued eating her hot dog in large bites, exposing her enlarged canines with every bite.

Leo chimed in to answer the Prince’s question quickly, focusing on not drawing attention to Laira’s comment, “RESINT isn’t sure of an exact figure. Probably a few thousand working in the facility is all the can guess. All appearances is the Sith there are using a broken down World Devastator as a factory to produce war materials and experimenting on the slaves there.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Faith looked up clearly hurt by the remark, this child of hers did not understand some things and for her to continue insulting her with this idea that Faith was going to marry her off against her will was absolute insanty. Faith's face reflected both the disappointment in the remark and the hurt. Faith understanding that Laira was sleeping with Leo smiled, "If you will excuse for a moment." Faith rose up and headed to the one place she could find privacy the loo.

Theo wasn't sure what was happening one minute everything seemed fine and the next....this dark cloud had lingered. He looked at his father, then to the sand. Had he said something wrong?

He looked at Leo who thankfully was changing the subject. "A few thousand...um that's quite a figure we'll have to make sure they get to Sanctuary City for care and well whatever else they need no matter if they are Alderani or not." He tried to eat, instead he grabbed for a drink.

"Can Saeza handle any of the medical conditions they might be found?" Theo looked beyond to where his mother had gone, and a quick glance to his father. Should someone go after her?

But then he remembered something his father had said once before, to let his mother work it out she would be back when she was ready. NO need to draw attention to it, it would only make it worse.

Laira kept her chin up, not smiling, but wearing a triumphant expression when her mother excused herself. It wasn’t that she wanted to hurt her mother, she had much more been hoping to cause an argument about her mother wanting to find her new boyfriends. Despite all her coy attitude and natural beauty, even her jokes, Laira was woefully inexperienced when it came to dating, men, and relationships. The thought of being set up with someone she didn’t know scared her, especially with the added responsibility of being the Princess of Alderaan.

I can help a few, but not thousands.” The sephi girl said, setting down her plate, looking where the Queen had just disappeared to, wondering what she should do. “I will have to prioritize. Some with serious issues may have to be left untreated.

Laira pursed her lips, musing about her situation and what she had said, then stood and followed Faith, to stand by the door, knocking gently. It was the signal to let her in so that they could talk privately.

Leo simply ignored the situation, hoping that by acting like it didn’t exist he wouldn’t be further dragged in between the Queen and her oldest daughter. “We can focus on trying to take out the experimentation, destabilize the base. Maybe start a revolt once we’ve given the prisoners a proper chance.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom