Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break Out [Theo]

Leo nodded, “Sounds good. Thanks.” He grunted, grabbing the closest pair that appeared to be the right size and turned into a different changing room, exiting once he was situated wearing the red and black shorts. Without his shirt scars along his spine running to his elbows and the back of his knees were evident, some appearing surgical and uniform while others on his chest and back were erratic and chaotic like those gained from combat. Otherwise Leo looked like any other tall athletic main.

Once he was changed, he left his clothes folded in the cabin and started making his way outside. He wanted to mingle a bit, not just goof off with Laira and Saeza. He could do that anytime, only rarely did he meet anyone important to either of them.

~

Laira changed into her black swimsuit, a comfortable black two-piece with a single strap over her shoulder and a colorful-pattern sarong tied around her waist. “Ready Saeza?

I believe so.” The girl called, exiting from the room wearing her bikini, gold eyes studying her friend quizzically. “Seems like an odd attire, but I will observe customs.

Looks good. Seriously.

Should I remove the masquer?

No, they already think you are a sephi, no reason to correct them. Its not like it matters.” Laira said, shrugging off the question. Her family wouldn’t care what species her friends were, but since she had been wearing the disguise when they had met Saeza there was no reason for her to remove it. “You are you, regardless of what you look like.

Very well.

Come on, water and fun awaits.” Laira swung the door open and held it for Saeza, letting the Sephi exit after her..

Are you okay?

Fine. Just need to keep distracted is all.” Laira winked, “Let’s just have fun.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

He felt at home in whatever clothes he wore this swim suit just on more thing to have to learn to adjust to when everyone is watching. Course he'd be telling a lie if he didn't think to himself he looked good. Lack of confidence was a killer for any negotiation. So far his only negotiation had been what color should new curtains be in his room.

Thank the gods for patrols.

Theo let Leo out first, "Good choice" He nodded to him. It was a good choice, he looked over catching a glimpse of his mother going in to change. However Laira and Saeza were already out and heading towards the water. He couldn't help but stare some. He was checking for scars, her arm looked good and she didn't seem to be badly damaged anywhere.

He looked over and could see his Father busy with the grill but even Draco had stopped to look at his children. His eyes inspecting them for injuries that they'd have to explain if he or his mother didn't know what caused it. Guess it was a curse for them to be worried for one another.

He smile knowing that his father cared enough to take a look. He nodded, and then headed off towards the water, "Come on Leo let's get wet"

He reached the crashing waves and walked out into the water it was waist deep before he knew it. Looking around for his sister and Saeza, "watch the undertow"

He didn't know if Laira's companions know about that kind of thing.

Faith in the meantime was busy changing Ma'ree and herself.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Laira was largely devoid of scars, mostly due to her vanity having her indulge in scar-removal treatments whenever she might have earned one. She just had to stay pretty and flawless. Even her new arm barely had a mark where they had reattached it, one had to inspect closely to see the tiny white line on her skin where the stitches had once been.

She noticed Leo and Theo, what a pair they seemed to make. Theo was the pristine prince, well kept and unblemished. Leo was the rugged veteran, scarred across his body and face with shaggy hair. The ex-Death Trooper waded out into the waves to meet Theo, standing just a little deeper into the lake than the prince. The tall man seemed a bit distracted, watching the little family carefully as though he wasn’t sure what to do or say. “Is it good or bad that your dad hasn’t said two words to me?” He asked, turning his crystal blue eyes onto Theo.

Hiya!” She called, pulling Saeza along and tossing her sarong at one of the nearby beach chairs as the two girls hurried out to meet them in the water. She trudged through the water until it got to her waist, the spray from the waves washing over her extorting a laugh of excitement from the redhead. When she was deep enough she ducked into the wave and swam out to them, rolling onto her back as she drifted near the boys. Saeza simply walked out to them, holding her arms crossed in front of herself.
Well aren’t you two handsome,” Laira said, letting her arms tread the water and keep her floating. “All standing there stoically and stuff. Saeza was just telling me how impressed she was with you Theo, I told her I was only the pretty one by just a little, but she didn't believe me.

The raven-haired girl blushed, “I did not say it.

Leo grinned, poking the smaller girl playfully on the shoulder, just enough to rock her slightly with the waves. “But ya thought it.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Theo laughed, "Its not a bad thing when he has something to say he will. Fact that he hasn't welll" He looked again towards his father, "he's probably sizing you up some, don't fret over it Leo."

Theo looked over as Laira floated near by, and as usual she was stirring the pot on trouble. He smiled at Saeza, "I like stoic and stiff makes people avoid me" He crossed his arms to give the further impression of a statue. All while trying not to smile.

"Twins...she thinks cause she's older by a few minutes that she got it all. Hard for her to admit that I got any of the charisma of our parents, or the looks." He turned and stuck his tongue out. He looked over at Saeza, "you didn't, well now I'm hurt" It was sarcasm and he wasn't sure Saeza would understand but...well in a minute he'd know.

then he decided to go for broke breaking his stance he splashed Laira. "Look Leo...see she's just Laira"

He dropped under the waves and swam for Laira...let's play he thought.

The dark haired man shrugged, “Well, I suppose it’s not the worst thing.” He turned a little half-smile as Laira and Saeza made it out into the shallows with them as she poked fun in their direction.

Just Laira? I’m the best thing that’s happened to this place in a long time!” She joked, letting the splash crash over her and rock her on the little wave as she back stroked away from the lazily. She laid out in the water, letting its current take her.

Saeza pursed her lips for a moment, “Apologies your Majesty. I did not mean to offend.” The little Sephi mused.

Oops, you insulted the royalty, you know what that means?

Saeza bowed in Theo’s direction, “I’m afraid not, maybe-” she had been attempting to explain but was then picked up and thrown into deeper water by Leo with a screech of surprise, eliciting a laugh from the tall ex-Imperial.

Up on the shore, Draco smiled, tossing the first pieces of meat and vegetables onto the grill. “Looks like the kids are getting along for now.” He said, hoping it was just loud enough for Faith to hear while she got changed. He worried about Laira and Theo, they’d been apart before, but never this long. She hardly wrote, she hardly visited. It was hard for Draco not to remember his own young adult years and worry she’d live to regret it like he had. And it was probably hard for Theo not to hold at least some resentment for his sister running off into the galaxy, but for now it seemed to be buried well.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Theo came up on the otherside having missed most of the conversation between the group. But something told him from the look in Saeza's eyes the Leo and Laira had been up to something...

"Ok....what did I miss?" He wiped the water from his face raking his fingers through his hair. Then Leo picked the selphi up and threw her..Theo laughed now that looked like fun, he looked over at Laira.

He wasn't going to throw her, he was going to...he splashed her again and again and again....

No one in the water heard Draco speak to Faith. She however had heard him, "Yes Drahr for time being they seem to get along. Twins who knew they could be so different." She was glad they were though it was a comfort in knowing they truly had grown into their own person. Even if at times Faith didn't like it.

Ma'ree was toddling out onto the sand headed for the edge with Faith behind her, "ok baby let's sit." Faith sat down looking back at Draco and then to their youngest, "Shall we make pies?"

Laira giggled at her friends predicament, noticing Theo looming over her. “Don’t you dare.” She said, cutting him a warning glare. Her brother grinned, and then began splashing her with water. Considering she was floating in the lake, it shouldn’t have been such a shock, but the barrage left her sputtering and turning away from Theo, getting her feet back underneath her with a playful shriek.

She twisted, pushing water back at her brother as best she could, laughing as she did so. He was the water-shaper after all, she was just the pretty and fast one of the pair.

Saeza came up sputtering, wiping water from her eyes with a sad dejected look. “Why would that be the punishment for insulting a royal!?” She asked, visibly confused but starting to put the pieces together as she watched Leo laugh while the twins played. “Oh, I see.” The sephi held out her hand at the dark haired man, and shoved him telekinetically downward into the water before releasing him from her grasp. She then looked to Theo, “Was that fun?” the girl asked Theo as if checking to make sure she was following some code or procedure properly.

Laira could see their parents watching from the shore, and so between laughing, “Stop, stop, you win alright. How about a race to the far shore instead?” It was a twofold reason. One, racing in anything was her strong suit, a two, it put the teenagers out of their parents’ line of sight.

Draco smiled moving from standing around the grill, popping open a bottle of ale as he found a chair to watch from, sitting in the shade. He had a pipe around somewhere, but didn’t like smoking it in front of the children, even if they were young adults. It had been a while since they’d had the happy little family together, something he didn’t want to end as quickly as it most certainly would.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

They struggled together he trying to holder her while she twisted to get away. He laughed as she got away, then he heard Saeza looking over without thinking too much on it, "Yes that is one way to have fun."

Oh she wanted to race and he thought about it. It was a good thing they were fraternal and not identical he'd wasn't sure he could handle looking into a female version of himself. He smiled though.

"Ok...let's race" Why did Laira want away from the view of their parents? Was she hiding something? Or was she trying to invoke a response? He didn't know and the one thing he had inherited..over thinking it all.

"Everyone up for it?" He didn't want to exclude them, they were the guests after all.

He glanced over catching glimpse of his parents relaxing. That made him feel good to know they could.

Leo stood up sputtering, but still smiling from the little game of splash and dunk, not perturbed about the Sephi using the Force to shove him under the water. “A race sounds good. Get to get some good exercise.

Of course Laira had some ulterior motives, drag the teens away from their parent’s sight was never a bad idea for the mischievous redhead. “Alright!” She said, clasping her hands together, “Saeza will give us a countdown and then we’ll go.” Laira grabbed for her brother’s arm to pull him over alongside the raven-haired girl with the pointed ears, “Here, line up.” She waved over Leo to get in line on the other side of Saeza. “Okay,” Laira said nudging Theo with her hip.

On Go.” Saeza said, smiling. She was unused to this kind of activities, having spent most of her life as an outcast in various Jedi temples, in libraries and alone. It was very different having friends that seemed to enjoy her presence rather than cold disdain. “Two. One.

Go.

Laira slid back down into the water, pushing off the bottom with her legs as she started kicking her feet and using her arms with large freestyle strokes.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

It was on.

Theo pushed off reaching beyond and pulling back the water he began moving through the water, remembering to turn and breathe and forget where Laira was right now. First he had to get a rhythm going and sync in his breathing. Whatever it was he wouldn't go down without giving it everything.

Competition was one thing he and his sister did well. Win or lose no matter what give it all....seek....a challenge, and not fret about the result until the end.

He could hear her though moving through the water, the slap of her hand to the surface, the blow for air. Try as he did he couldn't tell how close she was, he had to pick his head up to know how close they were to the next shore.

Laira slid through the water like a machine, propelling herself with her legs and arms as she cut through the water. Races were kind of her thing after all. Should be with her focus on speed and reflexes.

She pushed the Force into her body, surging its power through her muscles and tendons to push her past the limitations of her body to go faster and faster as she did so.

Behind her she could sense Leo and Saeza swimming along the Sephi pulling up the rear. It made sense, Leo was a genetically enhanced human designed by the Imperial Scientists to be beyond human, Theo was a strong swimmer and Laira focused her uses of the Force on enhancing her speed and agility.

The redhead kept pushing herself, glancing over her shoulder as she took a breath to track Theo not far behind her. Suddenly she pulled up, stopping short of the beach to tread water with less than a hundred meters to go. She held out a hand to grab hold of her brother to get his attention that he would stop as well while letting the other two continue past them.

Laira had a lot on her mind, she needed a moment with just her brother. What better way than to split everyone up with a race.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

He pushed his own force sense should have alerted him to her being closer than she was so when she grabbed him he wasn't sure what the deal was.

Spitting sputtering and ready to take on a fight, "What the feth Laira.." He stopped took a breath looking back, then ahead....he shook his head. Slowly wiping the water from his face he saw that look in her eyes that maybe a hundred others would look past and think nothing of it. But they were twins he sensed a lot more than he let on to anyone, it was secret. Something that was theirs.

Whether the parents knew or not he didn't know. He stood there breathing a bit easier, "What's going on?" His voice lost the sarcasm and taunting sound to give her a genuine I'm here, and yeah...I'm your brother.

Laira grinned, treading water. Just like her brother to assume she was going to torment him right out of the gate. Of course, he had good reason to believe that.

He calmed quickly when he realized she wasn’t tugging on him to play a prank. “Language baby brother,” She said with a laugh, letting the others keep adding to their lead.

She rocked her head towards the far shore, “How do you like Saeza and Leo? Saeza’s kinda new to me, only been a few months since we met but I’m probably her only friend. Leo and I have been together for quite a bit longer, been through some damage along the way.” Laira forced down the memories of Tephrike into her gullet. She and Leo weren’t romantic, at least not yet if something were to develop between them, but they did have their issues. She had almost killed him on that world, and put all his friends’ lives in danger which hung over her like a cloud some days.

It’s important to me that you get along with my friends. So, I wanted to know what you thought of them. Really.” She waited to see what he had to say, they'd not had a chance to really talk since she got home, and though their time was short she wanted to offload some of her baggage on her brother before they went off into the void.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Important that he get along with her friends. Was it back to that acceptance thing? He studied her face he just couldn't shake there was more to it, but heck he'd give her an honest answer.

"Saeza comes across timid, and shy. She...need acceptance, and understanding anyone who gives her that would have her loyalty through anything and she probably would do most anything for that person. She can be or has been taken advantage of. Leo on the other hand is steadfast he hits me like someone that is in it for the long haul." He looked back and then to the shore ahead.

"They seem like good people Laira." He saw nothing else in them that made him think otherwise.

He waited now watching her face.

Yeah, she was pretty sheltered growing up. Didn’t get a lot of social interaction either because she was largely ostracized from her peers, and so she’s naive to the ways of the galaxy. Figures of speech aren’t her strongest suit and she’ll miss every innuendo you toss at her.” Laira stifled a laugh with her hand, water dripping from it. “We may have convinced her of a few customs that definitely weren’t customs since she’s been a part of the crew, though we are careful never to put her in danger.

Leo’s a puzzle. He’s a good friend, certainly loyal to me and Saeza. I just don’t know what I did to deserve it. He used to be an Imperial before defecting a ways back, linked up with me on a mission that took us to a hell-hole where we left a lot of friends.” The redhead didn’t feel like going into detail about what all had happened out on Tephrike. She avoided it like the plague, often she had night terrors about it that woke her in a cold sweat and so far she had buried it deep enough that she could mention it without reliving the whole horrible experience.

She leaned back in the water, starting a leisurely back-stroke towards the far shore they had been swimming towards. “I’m glad you like them then. I was a bit worried you wouldn’t, and that would have made visiting a bit awkward. I suspect we’ll all be together for a few years. Even if Saeza eventually goes off on her own, Leo will probably stick with me.

Come on, let’s catch up to them. Leo brought a flask, figured we could pass it around and get away from the parents for a little while.” She grinned, raising her eyebrows at the suggestion. Mischief was usually her go to mood, and she was trying to remember that part of her.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Theo shook his head, "Do I dare ask what customs you taught her?"

He looked again towards the far shore where Leo and Saeza were likely by now waiting for them. There it was again that little twinge he felt that made him feel like he needed to show Saeza all of Alderaan. He had just had this same kind of visit with Cousin Maeve and her friend [member="Ayda Elisantra"] .

Let's face it he thought he was mush.

He rolled over and began the slow steady back stroke towards shore. "I could use a good drink, or two actually, and ya know the parental they know we drink and do other things other than make mud pies." Another reference to that day that felt a hundred years ago.

Theo look up at the sky. "sith are on the move again" He said it knowing she probabaly already knew, "Can almost bet money Alderaan will be on someone's wish list." He took a deep breath and could hear the voices of Saeza and Leo, "Do you see them!"

Worry warts.

Life Day we convinced her to wear an outfit and sit on a mascots lap for a photo in order to abide by the local customs. The mascot seemed pretty happy about it though.” The redhead shrugged her shoulders.

Pfft, maybe you’ve been up to other things.” Laira said with a grin as she started swimming again, leisurely as she did. “I’ve done nothing but be a good little Jedi.” Not true, but almost true. Other than her ordeals on Tephrike, Laira’d been of upstanding character. “Sith are always up to something. Don’t worry too much, I’ll keep you safe from them.” She winked at her brother. She’d try to be the knight and keep all the bad things away, but she’d fail.

Saeza was on the beach scanning the subtle waves in the lake as she searched for them, while Leo sat in the tide comfortably. “I see them, here they come!

Took y’all long enough.” Leo said with a grunt, standing as Laira and Theo came towards the shore. “I’m guessing we aren’t going to be putting my win in the record books.

Of course not, I threw the race so it doesn't count. I just needed some time with Theo without any interruptions.” Laira said stalking out of the surf to her friends wearing a grin. “Alright, gimme.” She gestured with her hands until Leo produced a flask and placed it into her hands.

Careful, its strong stuff.” He said as Laira took a long draw from the flask and held it out to Theo.

Her face twisted and she swallowed hard, “Ugh, that burns. It’s like radiator fluid.” Leo merely shrugged his shoulders and waited for the flask to make it back around to him.

Is that, alcohol?” Saeza asked in a hushed tone, as though saying it out loud would get them in trouble.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

He laughed a bit like his father would, "I'm not worried about me. whatever my destiny is I'll meet it. No..I worry about the others here, people like Saeza, and this Dr. Elisantra. They know so much and yet you know they'd bring a knife to blaster fight." They would try and fight with everything they had but in the end it was a strong possibility they'd be killed. Those people that's who he worried about.

Just moments passed and they were pushing through the waves towards the sandy shores as Leo and Saeza watched. He nodded, "we made it...we can always race another day" He watched as his sister knocked back the drink, "I'll try my luck with that"

He reached over and took the flask from Laira, "Here's to all the best things in life" He took a draw and held it out to Saeza. Yep...it was burning all the way down, Theo felt his eyes narrow down as he shook his head.."wow...did you guys brew that yourselves...and yes it is.....are you allowed to have it?"

He wasn't trying to patronize her but he didn't know if she was allowed, who knows maybe her religion, or caste, or...whatever prevented her.

He did however hold it out...just in case...he smiled...

Leo shook his head, “Nah. Bought it a while back on Nar Shaddaa. They call it Slugbreath though, so.” He smiled while Laira worked her tongue around her mouth, trying to work up enough saliva to wash the taste out. "It is one eighty proof."

Saeza took the offered flask, “There is no rule against it in the Jedi Codes or doctrines.” She sniffed the flasks opening, recoiling slightly. “Why are we drinking it?” She asked, gold eyes looking at each of the other three.

Because it's fun.” Laira answered, “Or, it’ll help us do fun things.

She took a small sip from the flask, scrunching her face as the taste and burn hit her and then handed it back to Leo who drank from it deeply without much notice. He’d grown accustomed to eating and drinking terrible tasting things over the years in the Imperial military.

So, Theo.” Laira said taking another drink, leaving just enough for Theo to finish off the flask as she held it out to him. “What is there to do out here these days?”

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"180 proof geez it will kill anything you got in your gut at that point." Wow..it was still burning but hey it was having the right effect on the group. He felt his body relax a bit more.

"Saeza I will tell this...there's a song by the...um feth can't remember that singer's name...but you should listen to it its called Alcohol." He nodded, "it will give yo some ideas about what alcohol does...course there are others too.but...start there."

He leaned back, "To do on Alderaan." he laughed again, "There's a couple of clubs set in New Aldera....there's also one in Sanctuary City now place rocks. Band, people from all over..it has it. Then of course there's all the to do things.."he was referring to riding, swimming, skiing...etc...all the things they did growing up.

He looked at Leo again, "So Leo slugbreath...that is wicked. I'll have to get a bottle" He winked, yep adding to his collection.

"Laira....." he was quiet for a minute, "What do you think of Ma'ree?" The youngest Vereen and quite the surprise considering how old he and Laira were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom