Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break Out [Theo]

Might be,” Laira said to her twin with a grin, her time away may have dampened his spirits a little, but she’d enjoyed it immensely. The redhead had been learning all across the galaxy, making new friends among Firemane and the Resistance. She’d even had a girlfriend for a time. “I’m okay with that, but Saeza and I will need swimsuits. We didn’t exactly wear any under our clothes.

The Sephi’s golden eyes flicked up, at the mention of her name but she didn’t say anything. Laira had actually never seen the girl swim, so it was possible she didn’t know how. After a moment’s hesitation she spoke, a little above a whisper. “I can ride a beast.” Though she had never ridden a thranta, it wasn’t much different from any other creature.

So its settled, we’ll ride thranta to the beach and dad will grill out while mom, Saeza, and I show off beach bikinis!” Laira clapped her hands together, surprisingly fine with this itinerary despite the nature of their mission. The people on Kallist wouldn’t know, and she could make up more than an hour in the Outcast if she pushed it.

As the six of them prepared to leave, Leo came up. His body language and gait still smacked of a military man, despite his apparent youth. Shoulder-length black hair hung from his head, bright blue eyes peering out from the mane. The most distinguishing thing about the man was the three long scars on the side of his face from temple to chin, and the fact that he was around Draco’s height. He wore simple black trousers and a white shirt with a pistol on his hip, same as Laira’s own.

Oh, here he is. Mom, Dad, Theo, this is Leo Coburn. He’s my gunner and slicer, and a good friend.” Leo strode up and nodded to both of Laira’s parents, extending his hand to Draco who clasped it tightly, clearing sizing up the tall man.

Thank you for having me.” He said, his voice a pleasing baritone.

Good, now we’re all here. Let’s get flying.” Laira grinned at her compatriot, as she made her own way towards the thranta they would be taking with Saeza in tow.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Thranta a traditional means of transportation on Alderaan, these however were not the original creates of Alderaan. These were the thranta of Bespin brought to Alderaan carefully and after several tries they were finally able to acclimate pairs of them and bring back thranta on Alderaan. Though there was some talk that perhaps some had survived in the North they would have to one day investigate this.

Theo looked at the group, "I can take a passenger as well. Can't have our guests falling off or dragged off" He nodded as he pulled his gloves from his pockets. His walk showed confidence this was something they did every day until they were good. Besides riding Thranta keep the air cleaner on Alderaan.

Faith looked to Draco, "Do you want to drive dear?" She had taught him in the early years of their marriage couldn't have a Prince Consort who couldn't ride a thranta, least not on Alderaan.

The ancestral home near the coast was where Faith had grown up near the oceans, the green forests, and a home that seemed warm with love then. She had loved it there. Very much. The Mountain Palace was a getaway from things, the palace in New Aldera a show place but the ancestral home that was home where her memories lived even if it was a rebuilt home.

She looked at the group preparing to go to the coast. How odd and yet how appropriate that there should be so many. It warmed her to have so many. "Are we ready?"

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Draco smiled, and wrapped his arms around his wife. "Yeah, I might as well." He was a terrible pilot, just didn't have the skills or reflexes for being a pilot, but he could ride bikes, and war droids, and thranta well enough. A Thranta was intelligent enough to correct itself and wouldn't allow him to smash into a mountain or stall it out like a snubcraft might, so he managed it well enough to do so. Not like his children who took to the task like naturals. Laira was a pilot through and through, like her namesake, and Theo practiced hard to keep up with the others on Alderaan who boasted about their skills.

Leo and Laira quickly climbed upon their own Thranta, each getting a hold of the reigns and adjusting themselves in the saddle so that they were comfortable, testing the creature with a subtle pressure with the stirrups and a slight tug on the reigns. Saeza however fell in behind Theo, sitting behind him in the saddle and wrapping her arms around his waist to hold on while he flew. "Looks like we're all good mom. See yall there!" Laira called, urging her own creature to take off, wings flapping as it complied with her command, hustling off and beginning to soar upwards through the sky.

The Sephi settled in behind Theo, "This is not what I thought today was going to be like." She muttered as she put her chin against his shoulder. "Are you like her?"

Draco took his own time to get in the saddle and wait for Faith and their youngest to get settled in with him before he would do anything, while the others took off. He just needed to get where he was going, didn't need to get there fast or do any tricks while they got there. "Come on hun, the faster I get you to the beach, the fast I get to see you in a swimsuit."

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Faith smiled, "See you on the coast" moments and they were rising steadily through the skies.

Theo watched his sister take off followed by Leo. It wasn't a race, but it was wan't it. He inched up so that Saeza could be comfortable. He made sure her hands were wrapped around him, then he heard her speaking. He turned his head slightly to look at the young selphi, " "In some ways not in all, probably a good thing both my parents would be bald by now."

He smiled and winked, "As for today, never know what will happen...." So.. he thought for a minute, "Should we try to beat them there?"

He'd let her decide she was a passenger not the driver, and he didn't want to scare her. Where they were going gravity was a constant reminder of what could happen...ya know

....................................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPLAT!

Saeza got comfortable in the saddle and ensured she was held on tightly, much like her companion had done when she settled in behind him. Her brow furrowed at his comment about his parents, "I thought baldness in humans was caused by age and genetics?" She seemed confused, but didn't dwell on it too much. A lifetime spent in slave pens and Jedi libraries made her, less than apt when it came to deciphering common figures of speech or social situations.

She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, making sure to cover her bright yellow-orange eyes. "We could." Saeza said, "I suppose we should try, it could be fun."

~

Laira pulled the reigns of her thranta and shifted her weight, taking the creature into a controlled roll as she urged the creature higher through the air towards the mountains, the fastest way to cross them and get to the coastal region where they were heading. It wasn't a long journey, at least not by air, however the Bespin-bred subspecies of Thranta didn't always handle the cold as well as the Alderaanian natives, as Faith knew very well through personal experience.

When the beast reached the altitude she wanted it to, she pushed it into a dive to pick up speed as it dove towards the slope of the mountain, extending its wings to catch the rush of wind and reorient its trajectory to glide near the surface of the mountains at a high speed. The Thranta seemed to be enjoying its flight, allowing itself to cut loose.

Behind her Leo wasn't nearly as much of a daredevil and was only comfortable just allowing his creature to fly in relative straight paths, just trying to keep eyes on the redhead and her brother's creature so he knew where he was going, just fine with being left a little behind the pair on the way to the beach house.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"Yes it can be but it can also be brought on by children who stress parents to the very last nerve. Don't selphi do things that try their parents patience?" He wondered about other races and knew that was why his mother was sending him to the Republic to meet others and be friendly.

"Ok, so....when I lean you lean, and hang on, don't let go....but tell me more" He wanted to keep her occupied while he urged the thranta forward. They would need to be as aero dynamic as the thranta which meant a low lean forward while he steered.

The thranta's wings pumped hard at Theo's vocal command and tap to the sides, he could see where [member="Laira Darkhold"] was heading, over the mountains...well the thranta didn't like the cold that much, so he was going to stick to the valley path, it was warm, and the thranta wouldn't labor through the cold layers of the mountains.

But then..."Saeza ever seen snow?"

Some had never seen snow in their entire lives while he and Laira had grown up learning how to play and use it. Water, shelter, and snow balls of course.

He smiled remembering times as kids, it was good to be a kid on Alderaan.

Saeza shrugged her shoulders once more, "I wouldn't know, I was raised within the Jedi Enclave here on Alderaan." Plus she had never been a problem child, to the point that her Master had claimed she was too docile which resulted in her pairing with Laira. The Sephi girl pursed her lips slightly, "Perhaps I should read up on them once we are back aboard the ship." New knowledge was always useful, at least it always had the potential for use.

The girl nodded, though Theo couldn't see her acknowledgement to his instructions, but she did as she was told, leaning with him and hanging on tightly to the young man's waist. "Yes, I have seen snow. On Illum and here on Alderaan there was lots of snow and ice. Apparently I will need an outfit called a bikini when we arrive at the beach. I usually just wear Jedi tunics and robes, what would you suggest?"

~

Laira leaned to the left, pulling her thranta along in a turn around one of the mountain slopes sweeping by behind beneath her. The crisp cold air swept snow flurries past her face and wind fluttered past her. The thranta's breathing was hoarse, but it was nothing the creature couldn't handle in short bursts. Above her Leo pulled his creature to keep an eye on her so he could follow to their destination, but he was clearly not racing to keep up with her or Theo who was floating below in the valley pass.

Laira grinned to herself, urging the creature onward through a canyon between a pair of mountain tops and pushing its nose down with her palms so it slipped into the wind-current sweeping down the mountain.

She enjoyed being home again, even through the awkwardness of having returned after so long away. Her brother seemed a little distant, but hopefully he'd warm up. Their parents didn't seem to mind her being gone so long, falling right back into their usually supportive nature that she remembered. Part of her had hoped they could have just been mad and given her a better reason to stay away for long periods of time, but they had not, and now she was putting her past to the back of her mind and cutting loose, something she hadn't been able to truly do in some time.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Theo clicked at the thranta as he turned it towards the valley and warmer air urging him faster. Theo leaned again as the beast banked to the right picking up the currents and gliding easily.

"Recommend you find something that you're comfortable in. A bikini is....like...um..wearing you under clothes for everyone to see. Since we are all friends and family you're safe with us, and if you're comfortable with it then find one in black and close fitting helps you glide through the water easier and makes you look less like bait." He smiled.

He could just sense where abouts Laira was with her ride, and his parents who knew they could be there already or they could be sightseeing. It had been a long time since they had all just relaxed and flew. This was so effortless for them all a place where the burdens of their family name, and position left. He felt relaxed.

Just then the current picked up and pushed them higher the thranta seemed to trill as they flew. Perhaps even he was happy today for a little while.

Saeza mused once more, “Hmm, very well.” She supposed if hydrodynamics was the concern why humans would wear anything at all was beyond her, but she supposed it was some part of human tradition that they adhered to. “And we will all be wearing these outfits? Laira only mentioned herself, your mother, and I which implies you, your father, and Leo won’t be. Is it a customary tradition for royals?” Saeza’s curiosity fueled her conversation, as her sheltered existence left her with gaps in her education that were otherwise common knowledge.

~

Laira twisted the reins in her hands, shifting her weight in the saddle to her left, leading the thranta to turn and slice between a pair of mountain tops, the edge of the Triple Peak range stretching in the distance. The creature, while colder than it liked, did seem to be enjoying the flight. It was not often that they were permitted to fly in such a manner and so perhaps the creature enjoyed being able to test its own limits. The redhead shifted her weight back to the otherside once more, curving the creature around yet another peak.

Behind her and above, Leo did his best to keep the creature straight and follow the redheaded princess and her brother in the valley beneath them. She had told Saeza and Leo about her true identity after having gotten to know them. It had seemed wrong to the fledgling Jedi to have them trust her with their lives, live in close proximity with one another aboard the same freighter, and her keep even her name a secret.

Yet as time went on, she felt less like Laira Organa and more like Laira Darkhold. Laira Organa had never been in battle or watched her friends die, she’d never killed anyone. Laira Organa was a princess destined to rule. Laira Darkhold was a nobody, free to be whatever she could make of herself, and yet, in her quietest moments she sometimes wished she could be that innocent princess again instead of having suffered through war. Up here in the mountains, alone with herself, the memories of all those that hadn’t made it home flitted through her mind. Laira pushed the dark thoughts and sorrows down, doing her best to focus on the task at hand.

She pushed with both legs and pulled the reins towards the valley, instructing the Thranta to slice downward into the valley towards the thermal vents near the edge of the mountain range.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

That was an interesting question. He didn't look back at her not sure what the expression on his face would be ..."um...well men generally wear a swim suit as well. And everyone, not just royal family wears them its just how to get wet, enjoy some sun, and...relax." One thing he had remembered memories by the water seemed to last forever.

He did begin to wonder where all Saeza had been. Something that he considered simple and every day she seemed to take quite an interest in.

They were sweeping through the valley now a few more turns and the ocean would be in sight, "When we get closer you'll be able to smell the ocean air its different than the air in the valley. Its the salt makes it smell I don't know..different."

The green valley lay out before them as a carpet inviting them to sail along, the farmers, and noble lands here were some of the richest on Alderaan. The Organa vinerium was not far either. Green, emerald green wine from grapes where the seeds had been saved...it was one thing that House Thul had done for Alderaan.

Another sweep across as he put his knees into the shoulders of the thranta, about 15 more minutes and they'd be on the ground.

Suddenly though beating Laira there didn't matter so much.

The sephi girl mused silently for a moment, “Hmmm, very well. I must admit, I’m not well versed in Royal etiquette or traditions, and Laira doesn’t usually follow any of those so I’m unsure what guidelines I should adhere to. Also sometimes she plays tricks on me. I wouldn’t want to assume anything and accidentally wear anything inappropriate based on her advice.” Not that the redhead had done exactly that, but the sephi was wary after other pranks. “I would not want to offend anyone by being too conservative, especially if openness is a display of trust. I will find an outfit matching what you describe.

Is there any other family and friends meeting us at the lake?

~

Laira twisted the reins once more, urging the creature to roll from the thermal vent it had caught and slice deeper into the valley, cutting close to the cliffs and ridges, enough that she could see critters taking cover as the shadow swooped over them. The rush of wind in her hair, across her face reminded her of better times, though they had been fewer and farther between as of late.

She could see Theo and Saeza below her and just a bit behind her. Her fancy flying and other tricks had cost her some speed and flight time and given the pair the chance to gain on her. Meanwhile Leo was further back, still at high altitude.

Not much longer now before they reached the lake.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Theo nodded and laughed, "Yeah...well don't let her get the best of you. You give her as good as she gives ok...as for etiquette....not around family. Don't even think twice about it, just be you...believe me that goes farther than anything else. We arne't fancy really...a lot of stuff is for show. Expectation for the high nobles.."

Theo nodded as if agreeing with himself. It was show a lot of it. Early days and getting use to everything but when it comes down to it..if you can't relate to the people to those who matter most......then its worth nothing. He watched his mother when he was young one night how she remembered every name tried to answer every question and smile the whole time.

He wanted to be like that....smile, mean his words and make everyone feel they mattered. Yes...not high goals really but ones that mattered.

"OK...one more turn and we'll be going in for a landing...you ready to get wet?"

Where was Laira?

Saeza squeezed Theo tightly, anticipating an upcoming landing. “Hmm, I’ve read about political and social regulations on constitutional monarchies. There is not much literature regarding informal meetings such as this.

He then asked if she was ready to get wet. “I suppose.” She said, waiting to see where they would all be spending the afternoon. It wasn’t the most knightly activity that Laira had promised, but it was something. Saeza couldn’t remember the last time she’d swam or spent casual time with other people, certainly not socializing. And most certainly not when there was a mission over her head.

Regardless, she was a bit anxious about the prospect. Laira had assured the group that they could spare a few hours to spend reconnecting with her family.

Were you surprised she told Leo and I about her real identity?” She asked as they approached the little beach side cabin.

~

Laira swooped her thranta low, diving and picking up speed rapidly as she did so, angled straight for the beach, meaning to beat Theo and Saeza there, even if only by a bit. She twisted in the saddle enough to look behind her, flaming red hair whipping around her face as the young woman did. Grey eyes searched for Leo above her.

He had stayed far above Laira and followed him above the mountain tops while she streaked between the peaks. As they had leveled off, he had eased off his beast, letting it travel leisurely while simply watching the twins.

Only once they were in sight of their destination had he actually began to race. He pushed his creature to dive straight down and then level off near the ground hoping to use all that speed to pull ahead. He wasn’t much of a pilot, so he wasn’t sure.

Laira kicked in her stirrups, hauling the reins as she rolled. The thranta rolled over on its back as the redhead urged it to do so, pulling into a spiral dive on her trajectory. As she approached, she twisted once more, and pushed it to slow its descent only at the last second.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Faith had already reached the beach the water called to her like an old friend. She waited though turning her eyes to the skies coming from the City, where were the twins.

It wasn't that they were late really it was just a mother's perogative to fret over her children. She could hear Draco huffing about something and wasn't sure what it could be. She turned slowly walking towards where she had left him. "Draco...?"

The things her riduur thought of and got into were often a thing of amazement for her. Course she had broken him of the habit of leaving his socks laying around.

-------------------------------

Theo nodded, "I was a bit surprised she had she never tells anyone. Its...well...you want people to accept you for who you are not what you are." He didn't look back he allowed the thranta to drop down some. The wind currents from the ocean often played havoc with their gliding.

"Were you surprised?" He wondered if they were most folks usually are.

The Sephi nodded sagely. “A little. She and Leo told me after I had been on her ship a week or so, and I had trouble understanding why she went by a false name for a while. Deception isn’t usually the Jedi way, but some secrets are important to keep people safe.” Saeza was pretty understanding of the whole situation, especially because of the slanted way the pair had explained it to her.

I believed there was some family issues that had resulted in her being excommunicated until she decided we would come here. I would never go back to my family willingly, so I suppose whatever issues there are could be worse.” Saeza held Theo tighter as they came into land, the other two Thranta Laira and Leo were riding swooping in around them, gripping his shirt tight in her hands.

~

Hmm?” Draco responded with a simple questioning grunt when Faith called his name, poking at his youngest daughter’s stomach to keep the toddler’s attention.

They wanted to race through the mountains, Ner ahiroar. I’m sure they will be along shortly.” Not long after he had finished speaking the beat of wings and screaches of Thranta could be heard on the wind. Laira and Leo were clearly more interested in racing than they should have been, showing off for one another no doubt.

I guess I’ll get the grill started.” He muttered, giving Faith a wink.

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Theo Vereen"]

"It our grandfather's name so its' not really fake name, just not the one given to her when we were born. I'm sure Grandfather Garith would be proud that she took his name to run around the Galaxy with to make trouble and mayhem." He was certain the old man would be filled with pride for sure.

"Family issues, we have a few. But nothing that her coming home doesn't fix." At least for his parents it would fix it for him he...needed more than a few hours of his sisters time. Their bond wavered at times, and he knew that life and other experiences would do that...but. Still he wanted his sister around more.

He was curious now though about the comment Saeza made, "Why wouldn't you go back?"

Theo clearly didn't understand, he was still a bit naive on these types of matters.

Faith smiled, "yes drahr get the grill going. Im sure you have no trouble starting a fire." She grinned at him. There were many times in the course of their marriage she had told him to burn it down, set it one fire..........but it had nothing to do with a grill then.

Faith turned, "ahhh they are getting closer. It's good to have everyone together" What remained of her family anyhow..no one ever said getting older meant keeping ties of when they were younger. But she would admit she missed her brother Theo the most, and still grieved over her brother Garith.

oh but that was all the past and she had not learned to let go yet.

Saeza pressed close against Theo as they came into land at the cabin, the figures of Faith, Draco and their little babe were already visible beneath them. The sound of wings flapping around them from Laira and Leo’s Thranta buffeted the air around Saeza and Theo.

Laira landed first, her thranta taking the ground at a run and only barely keeping from tripping and skidding to a stop before it could regain its balance. The redhead seemed rather pleased with having arrived first and sticking the landing, even if only barely ahead of Theo and Leo, and then only because she had cut underneath Theo’s mount to keep it from the ground until she was out of the way.

Saeza opened her eyes, taking a breath before answering as she looked around the cabin. She furrowed her brow, “Well, they’d kill me of course. They don’t like Force-Sensitives.” Her gold eyes settled on Laira, who was approaching them at a jog.

Good race!” The scarlet haired princess called, patting Saeza as she passed and moving to give Theo a hug. Behind her Leo was landing on his creature, a solid third place which wasn’t bad for someone who had never been to Alderaan in his mind.

I think it would have been a fairer race if anyone had given me the coordinates,” Leo said laughing as he dismounted and started making his way to rejoin the group.

Lake! Lake now!” Laira yelled, clearly excited from the race and raring to keep the energy up. She had some plans for fun in the water and in the sun, all this talking was slowing those plans down. "Come on, there are rooms in the cabin to change!"

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Theo nodded, "Well I think Laira has adopted you so in a sense you're part of our family now, even by extension. That means if someone beats on you, we go beat on them" Theo turned to look at the Selphi she had performed admirably for someone who had never rode a thranta before. Maybe one day she would learn to guide one on her own it was a sense of freedom that he expected she would like.

Their thranta glided in somehow the aerodynamics of its wingspan always managed to get them stopped. It had no legs so it just kinds hovered there. Theo turned so slide off as he did so he was guided into a hug by his sister. For a moment he hugged her back not hanging on too long maybe he had missed her some, not that he would tell her that.

He looked back to Saeza, "Come on she wants to get wet. Best follow her into the cabin to change pick something that suits you." no pun intended of course he smiled. He looked to her parents already settling into their roles of making sure everyone ate.

No one ever went hungry around the Vereens. Yep he had been told the story a hundred times about eating mud. Thankfully he had finer tastes now. "Ok..come on Leo I'll show you where we can change" He nodded to his parents and headed towards the cabin.

Faith looked at them walking away just as little Ma'ree tugged on her hand it was clear she wanted to swim too. She looked to Draco, "Drahr Ma'ree wants to get wet too.. Do you want to swim today, or are you content to man the grill?"

She thought she knew the answer but would let him say it. Years of marriage made it possible for her to know his mind almost as well as he did.

Saeza looked a Theo for a moment, biting her tongue. Laira had taught her one thing so far, and that was to not quote Jedi tenets whenever one came to mind. Regardless, she could appreciate the sentiment even if it seemed alien for her to belong anywhere other than as a Jedi.

Yes, suits me.” The sephi acknowledged with a nod.

Don’t worry, I got just the thing in mind for you!” Laira said with a grin, taking the girl by the hand and leading her off in a hurry towards the cabin. “Come on mom!” The redhead called as she dipped into the structure alongside Saeza.

Laira pulled Saeza along into the cabin, ducking into one of the bedrooms where she pulled out a swimsuit from one of the drawers after opening and closing several in the room. “Here we go, one for you,” she said, handing the Sephi a little black two piece and pulling her own out alongside it. “There you go, it goes well with your hair and complexion. Plus Theo will like it.

And that is good, yes?

Laira shrugged her shoulders with a grin as she left the room, leaving the girl to her privacy.

~

Leo turned and gave Theo a slight smile, the three scars on his face wrinkling as his cheek rose with the gesture. It didn’t hurt, but it did easily distinguish him. “Yeah, I know what keeping her waiting incurs,” he said gruffly, turning about face to follow Theo. The ex-soldier pulled off his vest as they walked, folding it under his arm. “So, what just trunks or are you as mischievous as she is?

~

I’m fine on the grill. I’ll get it started, you and the kids have some fun in the water.” Draco said with a smile and a wink. The aging man exhaled deeply, flicking his fingers against the coals of the grill to ignite them with the Force. A nice relaxing afternoon on the beach, not the worst way to spend a short reunion before his children ran off to save the galaxy, or the poor, or slaves. Whatever it was they were saving.

One of Draco’s fears had always been that his children would leave and not come back, much like he had done with his family ages ago. Laira was intent on making that nightmare come true, though she did pop by every once in a while it was important to cherish those moments.

In true Laira fashion she was herding Saeza off. He watched for a moment he realized that it was that kind of strength that would help Laira when she assumed the throne from their mother. She would need it to fight the Sith to keep them from rolling across the face of Alderaan again. Rumors every day told him just how close they were.

He looked to his parents it was days like this when they were all together that he noticed their age more. His mother always looked good came form her father, but his father was not as fortunate. Theo could see the strands of white in his hair his father was aging. He looked back to Leo. "Just trunks, my mother is present."

If she wasn't who knows but then again he wasn't the type to just bare it all he was a bit more cautious than that.

Faith smiled, "Ok Drahr you play grill master I need to get wet too, come on Ma'ree let's go get a suit..then we'll play" she winked at Draco even as she reached over to touch his arm to assure him and herself of their presence with one another. They use to swim a lot more. "We should go use the cabin on Aldera." She winked again smiling.

Theo motioned for Leo to follow as they crossed into the cabin going in the opposite direction the women folk had gone. There was a closet where everything was neatly laid out, "OK...pick your style and your color. I'm going with blue..." He grabbed up a pair and headed to a changing room. Yes he wasn't showing his butt to Leo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom