Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break Out [Theo]

Faith was quiet sitting there shaking her head wondering to herself when would this child ever learn. Every time Laira did or said something like this Faith wondered if the child loved her at all. She doted on Draco for certain, Daddy’s girl. The child must hate her. What had Faith done but try to look out for her? Was that so terrible?

Faith was more hurt by the girls’ remarks. The remarks were like knives stabbing hr over and over was Laira looking for blood from her. Goddess she did not know.

As she sat there lost in thoughts the knock at the door brought her out of her thoughts. The foots steps weren’t heavy, so not Draco and besides he knew to let her work it out.

Theo??? Oh goodness could be Saeza child may need the loo. “I’ll be out in a moment.” Faith pushed away any tears that may have been seen smiled and opened the door.

Imagine her surprise to see Laira standing there…”Laira” She looked at her daughter with all that red hair. She smiled if anything her daughter was beautiful, strong and spirited. Who could expect less she was after all a daughter of Draco and Faith Vereen . "Did you need the loo?"

Theo watched his sister go after their mother, he looked at his father, “Should I go pull Laira back?”

He looked to Leo, “Sorry I didn’t catch that last bit.” He was distracted, then something jiggled in his mind, “oh..Saeza can handle most stuff great..medical staff, medics are always in demand on these kind of trips.” The looks he was getting from the two told him that he had it all wrong he thought for a moment trying to recall what was said.

"Ok sorry...so Saeza we can ask for help from Sanctuary City, and Leo distraction first and then get them ok, I can help with that." He signed heavily then not knowing what else to do.

"Maybe we should grab some things from Tia's green house, might help with distraction" [member="Laira Darkhold"]

No, I want to chat in private.” Laira said, gesturing that she be allowed in. “A lot has changed for me, and,” the redhead paused, trying to find the words, “I just need my mom. Not my queen or my predecessor for a bit.

She slid into the room and closed the door behind her. “Mother, I’m sorry for that, it's just. I’ve lost a lot of good people. A lot of them have died protecting me, like I’m some sort of bad luck charm. I’ve never had a healthy romance that didn’t end up causing them harm or getting them killed.” Laira sighed, fighting the choke building in her throat. Her chest hurt with the memories. “I keep people I love at arm's length. It’s just safer for them and I definitely do not want more people put at risk because of me.

Leo and I aren’t together. Part of me wants to be, but I’m not sure how many people I can let in and watch die before it all becomes too much.” The first tears started to well in her eyes and drip down her cheeks.

I hate being a princess. Some days I wish I was never born.

~

Nah, let them talk it out.” Draco said quietly, turning his attention back to his youngest daughter, keeping Mae Ree entertained while Faith was busy.

Leo smiled shyly, hoping it wasn’t all his fault that everyone was in an awkward moment. “Since there’s only four of us, we should focus on destabilizing the Sith rather than killing them all ourselves. Once we’ve disrupted their operation, we can call for reinforcements, maybe get the prisoners to help us.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"OH honey I'm always your Mom" Faith reached over and pulled Laira to her, "Don't say that, don't say that you wish you weren't born." She cupped her chin and made sure her daughter was looking at her, "I would have hated that you weren't born." She let her hand rest on Laira's cheek. "YOU are not a bad luck charm. And in this time people always seem to get hurt, or lost...or worse. It's...tough on the soul Laira. It leaves us with gaping holes that feel like they can't be fixed. But its not because of bad luck hon. Besides what would your life be without having them in your life...they had to leave you with something you treasure." She felt bad for her daughter to have all this weight on her shoulders.

Listening to her talk about loss "Oh darling in the times we live in times where loss in unavoidable. We lost your Uncle Garith to a war, our home has had thousands killed." She looked down for a moment, "We are stronger than all of this. It hurts us to the core, and its scary to face it. Loss. But Laira....we only get one life, if we don't let people close to us we don't have life, we just exist."

She had existed for years without Bud and without Dar'yaim. How she loved them and then...gone. She wanted nothing else. She lived in darkness until Draco infuriating, stubborn and so full of himself outwardly. Inside he was just as scared as she was.

"Did you know your father had a wife before me, just as I had a husband before him.?" She was not sure that Laira knew but knowing Draco he told her. "If he and I had held on to those lives, those memories. If we didn't let down enough of our guard to let the other close, if we hadn't been hurt before, we wouldn't have known how wonderful our relationship was, or what beautiful children we would have. I guess I'm saying sometimes we have to get hurt to know what we want. Does that make sense?"

She stared into Laira's eyes and saw all the pain and uncertainty that was there. "Tell me about those you lost" They could spend as much time as they wanted in here.

---------------

Theo looked at Leo, "probably right. probably" he looked to the door agian. Well the building was still standing sooo maybe it was alright.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom