Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bounty Hunting

How can we breath some life back into this great aspect of the Star wars Verse? I think the last bounty posted was back in may.

I am not an experienced Bounty Hunter on this site, but there are some that are and would love to here their insight along with those that have been hunted or targeted. What is good, what is bad and what needed to improved?

Bounties are "typically" posted as a consequence for IC stupidity.

And, "typically", the response is the offender hiding in invite-only faction threads or private threads. With the rate exception of [member="Koda Fett"] 's efforts, Bounty Hunting dies at that point.

No one really goes after the blanket "here's a pile of credits for any Jedi/Sith PC head" bounties either. So, overall, there's not much that can be done.

Unless.

Bounty Hunters can invade private threads.

Please staff gods hear my plea~

I believe that set bounty's should make sense IC. As you said, IC consequences for IC actions.

I also agree that Bounty Hunters should be able to "intrude" on Private/ Faction/ Invasion/ Dominion threads.

Darth Metus said:
Bounty Hunters can invade private threads.
It'll never happen.

Ryan said:
I also agree that Bounty Hunters should be able to "intrude" on Faction/ Invasion Dominion threads.
They can kinda do Invasion threads already. Didn't we already play with Faction/Dominion/etc threads? I swear we've done that before.

Either way, this second idea ain't bad, I'll pester Staff about it.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
I was supposed to have a bounty on Kay in May, but after all the planning done ahead of time for it, it just didn't happen. I've had quite a few bounties and never hid from them. I've always chatted with the ones wanting to take it on behind the scenes and then we set up their attempt. I figured that was the way it always went? But I guess not.

Sometimes bounties came as a surprise, but they were always a fun twist in any story. I agree [member="Ryan"] , it's something that's lacking. I think the board went invasion heavy these past few months, so bounty hunting just went out the window. Maybe if there's a cool down, it'll be picked up again.

Also keep in mind that the meta of the board changes as the active people in it change, and with them different moods and fashions. Someone mentioned earlier that bounties haven't been posted since May? I would check if the question is, does the Chaos community even want bounties, and not just as a nostalgia thing to exist in the background. If all restrictions were to be removed from bounty hunting and 20 threads were posted offering credits, how many bounty hunting characters would actually step forward and bounty hunt?

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

I don't care if nobody wants to hunt or be hunted, I've always supported Bounty Hunting. It's so very Star Wars.

I mean, if we actually got like a 90% in favor of deleting BHing, I'd shut the doors, but that is very unlikely to happen.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] I am willing to hunt and I am fully open to be hunted. [member="Kay Arenais"] can't be the record holder for being the most hunted on this site forever.

I am hoping with this "The Mandalorian" TV series coming out soon, will inspire more criminal minded syndicates on this site. With a focus on the grittier side of the underworld of the Star Wars Verse should inspire some muses and make more prey for the hunters.

[member="Ryan"], [member="Tefka"]

Per the discussion here, faction threads in the open roleplaying forum were redefined as being open to anyone, while faction threads in private rping would be limited to whoever belongs to the faction/is allowed by it to join. That's when the faction thread prefix became available for the private roleplaying forum.

So strictly speaking, bounty-hunters can already show up in faction threads in public rp.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Ryan"]

I don't think that I'm the record holder for the board :p I just don't have a habit of turning people down when they offer up a story. I've always been that way. Lately 3/4's of the planned stories gets dropped right away before they even start. So I can't really afford to say no unless I just want to write solo threads :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tefka said:
I don't care if nobody wants to hunt or be hunted, I've always supported Bounty Hunting. It's so very Star Wars.
The only infrastructure I've ever seen for bounty hunting is a few minor factions and their sub-boards. Did Staff ever consider getting the BHs a "Factory" of their own, staffed with volunteers in colored names?

You'd make at least two people happy. :p

While I moonlight as a Bounty Hunter in another medium, the issue I've found with Chaos' system is two-fold. Firstly, those with bounties on their heads usually hide from their would-be assassins or captors in private threads - often saying they don't usually turn down stories, or purposefully railroad their Hunters to get them to lose interest. There's not really much that can be done outside of changing the threads Bounty Hunters have permission to "invade."

Which, should the changes regarding dominions and such come through - It's likely they'll slink away from those threads and hide in Faction forum RP topics, locked behind the member approval system. Plug one loophole, and another will be found. lol

The other thing I've noticed it the outlandish prices placed on some people's heads. I get that's something you can't enforce or control, but damn man, millions of credits for a lock of someone's hair or for someone to be clapped in irons because they slighted you in some fashion? Outlandish, imo.

I can't really think of anything to suggest in order to counter the criticisms and gripes I've raised, other than a line of communication between the Hunted and Hunter being opened and making a story of it. So, while the system could use a few tweaks, I believe the onus is on the people involved to work with what they've got. #TwoCents?

[member="Khonsu Amon"] you are right. It really just comes down to Willingness and communication though i do know some folks that like being "surprised" by a hunter's intrusion. So maybe a simple mechanism for such be placing in your own Profile or character sheet that you are Bounty Hunter friendly. I mean, if you are rping as a criminal you should have the IC mindset of that already. Comes with the territory of being law breakers.

[member="Ryan"] - I think something like that might be better suited to being mentioned in the bounty posting itself, rather than just on their respective character sheet(s) or profile(s.) While I don't expect all the answers to be given to Bounty Hunters regarding their targets, I believe that - from an OOC level - having a "one-stop" thread would be better for all parties involved.

Someone posts the Bounty, and the Hunted says come after me, etc.

If anything, I'd see it as more of a change in Etiquette rather than a Mechanism.

[member="Khonsu Amon"] Could make a character repository in the BH's section of the market that indicates those that are bounty friendly and are open to surprises. Spit balling here.

[member="Khonsu Amon"] yeah, i was just thinking that it would be just added work. You are right, just best to say "Come get me when ever and where ever" when the bounty pops up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom