Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bounty Hunting

I would just want to be added to the Bounty list or whatever so I can be hunted. That sounds like fun.

Can I convince [member="Tefka"] to put me on it? I'd be happy to let people intrude on all my threads for that sort of trouble.

I’ve never had a bounty on me, so can’t really contribute, but part of it is also how it interacts other storylines. Most people want to write what they enjoy and having to detail that could be a frustration. But again, it’s all in the individuals rather than anything else.

[member="Tefka"]

You may be thinking of the old Lawlessness mandate which allowed bounty hunters to hunt targets across a faction's threads and for characters with bounties to not count as invasion allies. I was a little disappointed it didn't make the new era cut but understood why considering how underwhelming others found it. I would not at all be opposed to some of the Lawlessness mechanics making a return as loosened restrictions across the board.

I understand the value of separating church and state as far as private RP. The fact is that if a writer doesn't want to do a storyline with you following them from thread to thread and 'driving' them into hiding seems kind of like harassment. For every writer who is unreasonable about handling bounties on their heads I am sure there are just as many hunter writers who are completely entitled and narcissistic (my character deserves to capture yours and if you don't let me you are just anti-bounty hunters).

That said I approve of them being able to cross over into dominions, invasions and public faction threads regardless of their personal affiliations. Signing up to be a part of a major is agreeing to the Chaos social contract, which means its on you to handle interactions with people in a way that doesn't simply amount to screaming for a safe space. Harassment is harassment and I trust the RPJs to sort what is legit from what is not, but allowing mercenary characters greater freedom of movement between threads by default opens up some interesting possibilities for asymmetric PvP so long as there is buy in from both sides.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
A check-in thread for being bounty friendly/open for engagement could be a thing. Rather than a list that is maintained, it's simply a thread people post agreement/sign up in. You then scan the thread (ctrl+f) and name search your intended target?

[member="Ryan"] [member="Khonsu Amon"] [member="Tefka"]

Kur

K
[member="Khonsu Amon"] To support your point about prices for bounties:

Jabba the Hutt eventually became so irritated with Han Solo that he placed a bounty on his head of 224,190 credits.[3]Luke Skywalker once had a bounty of 60,000 credits against him from the Galactic Empire for the destruction of the Death Star. This irritated Han Solo because, at the time, it was higher than his own bounty.[4]
Following the Battle of Yavin, the Galactic Empire placed a bounty of 10,000,000 credits on the head of Princess Leia Organa.
I've always thought the prices on chaos have been crazy big, with the example above being good indicators of prices. Luke after destroying the Death Star? 60,000. And Leia at 10 million, after years and years of constant rebellion against the Empire.

Routinely Chaos prices are above 10 million, for far less.

should just look Real Life bounties for comparison to what they should be here. Have the price match the crime realistically.

Random idea:

How would you guys feel if the prices weren't in credits?

Credits, on Chaos, are pretty much meaningless. It doesn't matter if your character has 5,000 in their bank account, or 1,000,000, because you can still RP them having their assets and possessions anyway you want.

So what if instead of credits, the salary for bounty hunters was in special made submissions? Uniquely made and specialty tailored submissions in both codex and factory?

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Rundo"] - A year or so ago, Submissions were often offered as an alternative form of payment. For reasons unknown, we've drifted away to using solely an inconsequential form of compensation. Most Bounty Hunters have been paid with bragging rights, on the off chance they've gotten lucky.

So, if the template's updated to include an alternative payment field, I think we - and the new folks using the system - would be golden.

That being said, we'd have to get people to post bounties first, lol

[member="Khonsu Amon"] to get more bounties need to promote more criminal syndicates. Need to find a way to get the Minor Faction game to the same hype level as the Majors. Mercenary is certainly easy but how to keep a Criminal Minor engaged?

[member="Rundo"] - You don't need to promote any flavour of Faction, to be honest, as anyone can post a Bounty - and we've got IRL and IC examples to draw from. All that needs to be done, is have people post their Bounties in the requisite sub-forum, which requires them to invest their time in filling out the template and hitting submit. If they don't want to follow through with that, then, there really isn't a point in pushing the matter further.

When it comes to the hype level between Major and Minor factions? The onus is on those involved in their respective factions, and shouldn't be a concern of the Bounty Board.

Mercenary's only easy for me, because I did the leg work to popularize my outfit. Anyone that puts the work into something, will likely see returns on their effort down the road. So, as like the line before, that's not really a concern of the Bounty Board either. lol

(( Sorry, i meant to keep to my Writer account and not posting with Rundo))

[member="Khonsu Amon"] True, but if there was a reward system in place that helps minor factions activity levels like it does with the majors, it will in turn be very beneficial for the bounty hunters. Thats just my thought process on that.

[member="Ryan"] - I think adding a reward system solely for the benefit of minor factions would be a mistake. Activity is activity - be it done in the name of a Major Faction or Minor. Activity should be considered it's own reward.

I think the right path would be to return to alternative forms of payment, ala submissions, as I see that as more beneficial to our Bounty Hunters and incentivize more to join that honourable profession.

At the end of the day imo not everyone is ideal to place a bounty on. Someone people want to thread their escape or capture. Others do not. In the end its a people/communication thing just like the rest of chaos or RP for that matter.

As much as I like the idea of invading threads private or public.....i used to do it long time ago HAHA. I dont think it would turn out well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom