Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Bonding' With The Force

Scene
In the lush grass lands of Naboo, a currently master-less Padawan sits. The rays of the sun touch his back, warming but not hot. The blades of grass sway with the gentle breeze. A herd of Shaak drink from a small stream that flows through the grass land.

Character
Jaret sat still, wearing brown pants, a cream undershirt and a brown over coat. He carried no weapon and was defenseless. He meditated, trying to connect with the force. His concentration was focused on a small rock sitting in front of him. He knew it could be sometime until he got a Master so the best he could do right now was focus on at least getting the ability to lift a bloody pebble.

"All I have to do is concentrate." He extended his right hand, his fingers pointing to the sky, his palm opened and aimed at the rock. To any observer it was obvious that he was in deep concentration.

in the distance a hooded figure, watched the young padawan make use of his force abilities, he waited, knowing that startling him may cause his powers to backfire or worse.

he began to walk slowly towards the young man, as he got closer an jedi sentinel mask revealed itself from under his hood.

"Greetings, Padawan i see you've mastered the technique of hardcore meditation," he said in a smooth, low voice as he chuckled a bit.

he sat down to watch the padawan continue his attempt at force movement.

The rock vibrated as the Force flowed through Jaret as he attempted to lift it. But to no avail.

"Ahhh!" Jaret shouted, being startled by the new arrival. He went to jump back, but instead flopped onto his back. He rolled over onto his knees coming to his feet.

"Who are you?" The words practically jumped from Jaret's throat as he spoke to the man, his blood pumping from the encounter. "Sorry, I don't mean to ask like that. You just scared me." It was obvious that Jaret was both nervous and scared.

[member="Cyrus'Relk"]

He steadied himself, cleared his throat and stood up dusting himself off,

"Oh please don't apologize, i should have known not to sneak up on a meditating padawan, my apologies. I am Cyrus Relk, i have traveling the major cities of Naboo, in search of any sign of possible sith or any case unsusual force activity,"

he looked over past the fields of grass to the large royal city

"in the last while the Corellian Sect of the Jedi order have been for lack of a better term "worried" that this strange pattern of force energy may be the sign of a sith intruder on the planet, i was traveling through the countryside here, and noticed you were here without a knight or master, i was under the impression you were lost... are you?"

he tilted his head slightly waiting for the young jedi's response

Jaret Sha'Co

Jaret began shaking his head quickly, worried that Cyrus would think that he is a Sith. "No no no. I- I am just out here trying to practice lifting a silly r- rock." He stumbled abit in his sentence, thinking that his Jedi would strike him down at anymoment. "I'm not a Sith I promise!"

He slowly began to back away.

[member="Cyrus'Relk"]

"Yes, Yes i can tell, sith detection is a thing of mine, for years i've been keen telling who has been taken by the dark side and those who have remained pure of aim in there will to a jedi."

he oustreched his hand, as he closed his eyes the same rock the boy attempted to move now began to float anew, he spoke as he object remained stationary in the air.

"you see the trick is to be one with the energy moving the actual rock itself and not to become focused solely on the object in question. become one with the force and it's flow and you will be taking on much larger objects in no time."

he set the rock back down on the ground and returned his hand inside his robe.

"now try again, this time imagine yourself seeing a stream of energy around the rock and focus on holding the stream around like wind going around a ship in low atmosphere."

he jested for the young padawan to try.

Jaret Sha'Co

Jaret nodded slowly as he realised the this Jedi was trying to help and not about to kill him. His arm stretched out, his fingers curling in the air as the Force wrapped around the rock. Jaret cleared his mind, his breathing slowing down until it was steady and even.

The rock began to shake like usual. This time, the rock started to lift off the ground. Not to far, but it was off the ground. He began to frown, his arm shaking almost as if he was lifting something alot bigger than a pebble. Before the rock fell, Jaret managed to lift it a small bit more. The rock fell to the ground.

"Sorry." He was unsure weather to apologise, as he didn't want to fail this person helping him.

[member="Cyrus'Relk"]

"it's alright, believe it or not it took me years to master just the simple things, sometimes it's not the jedi and im beginning to think that in this case it isn't."

he said in a questioning tone, he opened his map display,

"i think a change of venue may be order to truly excel in your quote on quote bonding with the force."

he tapped the hologram map display a few times to try and find a more secluded and more calm area to work in, too much environemntal noise; Cyrus knew could easily disrupt a jedi's mental workings and even disrupt his connection with the force.

"ah... now here's a place we can exercise with less disruption." he closed his holocomm having marked the coordinates down mentally.

"if you don't mind a change of venue, i think i know how we could easily get you going with your mastery of this technique, so to speak." he awaited

the young padawan's answer to his request to change venue for a moment.

Jaret Sha'Co

Cyrus checked the local area for markers to come back to later, "ok follow me then, we may need to take speeder to get where we need to go."

As Cyrus and Jaret walked out of the fields they came across a small farmhouse keeping bid on the fields they were just in, they waved the head farmer and exchanged words on where the local speeder taxies were, after having spoken to the field keeper, they continued one they're way until they reached the outside of the royal city.

"All right Jaret, the place were heading to is an old meditation temple the jedi used to use during the old republic days, mostly it was a quiet place for jedi and troopers stationed on naboo during the war, but it's empty now good for our needs right now."

Cyrus flagged down a speeder, he spoke to the driver. Jaret and Cyrus both boarded the craft and it took off a moderate pace.

Cyrus turned to Jaret, "i know this is strange, a man in a temple guard mask trying to help you work with force, but please don't be afraid, i'm bound by duty to the Jedi order to only aid so much as you be able to help yourself, another thing that was on my mind how is it you don't even have a training saber yet?"

he stared at Jaret waiting for his response.

Jaret watched the way this man spoke to the locals. As they were leaving, he gave a quick nod. The farmer's name was Tobias Rostoni and he was a friend and Jaret's father. Jaret quite liked the idea of this Jedi temple where he could mediate.

As Cyrus spoke of the strangeness of the man, and his training lightsaber, Jaret began to reply. "It's ok, I understand why you are doing this, and I'm not afraid. And you see, I haven't had a master yet to give me a training saber, nor have I had and practice with one." This young Padawan seemed to be feeling more comfortable the more he spoke to Cyrus.

[member="Cyrus'Relk"]

The speeder began landing maneuvers, Cyrus was told by the pilot that this was as close as he could get due to the rough nature of the naboo hillside.

"all right young one, this is as far as our ride goes." he and the young man hoped off, they began to walk off as the speeder lifted away and returned to the skyways towards the royal city.

they started there walk along the rocky path, the path was strewn with broken statues and the remains of structures that once stood proud in representation of the Jedi knights and sentinels brothers, that were trained and were taught here over the years before, during and after the Sith/Jedi. he pointed to one of the armless statues.

"this young padawan is one of the grandest masters of the jedi order, Satele Shan, she lead the jedi against the sith who were led by a very powerful sith lord by the name, Darth Malgus."

he looked around gazing upon the old temple ruins, he felt a sadness come over him. he signaled the padawan to joind on the mount of the statue.

"Jaret! you might want to come see this." the young man rushed over. the masked man pointed over to the royal city. from here they both looked over the city, amazed at the totality and size of the capital city.

"quite a sight isn't it Jaret."

Jaret Sha'Co

As they made their way up the to the Temple, Jaret was aboslutely astonished at the beauty of it. His eyes were swaying from one statue to another. Before Cyrus told him about Satele Shan, he nodded as he took in what Cyrus said.

Jarey and Cyrus stood, looking over the city with the Jedi's of old standing at their back. It was an amazing feeling. "It's, it's beautfiul." There was no other words to describe the sight, but it was more than just the sight, it was the feeling of being where so many other Jedi have trained, mediated and learned.

[member="Cyrus'Relk"]

Cyrus looked at the ruined temple examining it, "TerasVa temple, one of the few temples on Naboo. it is quite a sight." Cyrus was looking for something, he searched the walls.

"hmm, ok now where are you... ok here we go, here we go and by Revan's shadow we've got it." the temple door shook with the moving of the large internal gears on the locks. Cyrus stepped back he gested for Jaret to move back as well, even he wasn't sure what may occur during the movement of these large doors.

Jaret's eyes widened as the doors finally stopped there movement, Cyrus looked over at him. "well come along let's see what the old Jedi ghosts have in store for us." he chuckled a bit as they both moved into the gaping entry into the temple.

Jaret Sha'Co

Jaret mentally took down the name, and remembered how to get here. It was a great spot. As the door open Jaret stood ready, for what he didn't know.

"This is all so amazing." He said as he walked with Cyrus, entering to temple.

[member="Cyrus'Relk"]

Cyrus gazed around a bit "Well one thing the Jedi were never short on was grandure and size." he saw a skeletal hand in the corner of his eye.

he walked over the hand moving around one of the pillars to find the skeletal remains of one of his Jedi brothers or sisters. "by the force" Jaret feared to look at the dusty remains afraid he wouldn't be able to handle such a sight. Cyrus scoffed.

"such a shame, Jaret let this be a lesson to you, sometimes when we lose everything, we die trying to figure why we lost it in the first place." Cyrus placed a ragged sheet over the skeleton.

Cyrus gave a rusted training hilt to Jaret, "this is yours now." the young man didn't know what to say as he took the training saber from him. Cyrus looked back on the covered body. "i don't they'll be needing it anymore." he looked away, "all right now, that this has been put to rest, lets go to the meditation room, it's up the stairs here."

they both began the long climb up.

Jaret Sha'Co

Jaret chose not to looked near the corpse until it was covered. Suddenly Cyrus handed Jaret a training saber? Jaret was speechless, this was his first saber, by any means it wasn't the one that he would slay Sith with, but it was the one he would learn all the techniques with.

Jaret couldn't help himself, he found the button and activated the blade. The lightsaber sprang to life, the blue blade sprang to life with the calming hum that acompanies all sabers. As quickly as it ignited, Jaret quickly withdrew the blade, before clipping it onto his belt before following Cyrus.

"What are we going to do?" Jaret asked they both began to climb the steps.

[member="Cyrus'Relk"]

"Well for the most part the meditation chamber is very calm but it also allows for what's called force cycling, the term meaning that when in meditation or when using force energy, the chamber will not amplify but sustain the movement of force energy for the Jedi using it."

Cyrus peeked around the corner of a hallway. "if we can find it, Jedi temples are notoriously tricky and maze like in nature." they continued to walk along the halls until they reache an odd shaped door with the symbol of a human surrounded by a hollow circle.

Cyrus waved his hand, the door slid open, revealing an open chamber dusty, old and void of anything but silence. "Here we go, come Jaret this is where the real fun begins."

Cyrus gested for Jaret to move into the center of the circular floor pattern. "ok, so now that you're in whats called the central force movement, your ability to move this same rock we had outside should be much better." he placed the rock in front of Jaret.

the young man put his hand out, closed his eyes and tried to move the rock once more. the rock began to shake a bit.

Jaret Sha'Co

Jaret could feel the Force in the room, he began to smile, maybe when he was a Knight or a fully fledged Jedi, he could restore it? But that was in the future. For the moment he had to lift the rock.

As he held out his hand Jaret closed his eyes, concentrating on the rock., the rock began to shake, before it lifted off the ground. This was mostly due to the room, allowing him to concentrate more on the Force, but there was also a mixture of determination.

As the rock lifted from the ground, Jaret opened his eyes, staring down at the rock. He managed to lift it to about waist height and held it there, awaiting further command.

[member="Cyrus'Relk"]

Cyrus was not shocked to see that in here Jaret could easily move that tiny rock, "ok, set the rock down and let's try something bigger." the man spoke with determination in his voice. the boy slowly lowered his hand and set the tiny pebble down in front of him where it was before. Cyrus walked off behind a wall nearby.

"ok where is... aha, ok here we go." he walked back from behind the wall with two large ammo crates. the crates were empty thankfully. Cyrus set the crates on top of each other. Cyrus adjusted his robe. "ok, now try again this time take the top crate off of the lower one and set it down next to it. side to side if you will."

Jaret closed his eyes once and started again.

Jaret Sha'Co

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom