Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blasters and Sabers [Mando and some Jedi fun?]

I want to do a Public thread that showcases the grey space in Bounty Hunting. So I was wondering if there were some Jedi (Silver or otherwise) interested in an encounter.

Essentially, a bounty Beska is chasing rushes to Contruum in order to seek asylum within the SJO. The security forces of the SJO on Contruum are aware of this bounty's fleeing, but, Beska gets to him first on Contruum.

Then we have a stand off between Jedi sent to pick him up and Beska.

Sounds like fun?

A man can change his stars
[member="Beskadala Ordo"], I am not sure if the setup you have here will work very well. Considering that many of the Jedi would be of the mindset that "A criminal on the run needs to pay for their sins." kind of deal. Its not very hard in the setting for some other Jedi to join your thread.

Samatharis

S
[member="Beskadala Ordo"] - Depends on your legalese.

Should Contruum grant asylum to a person, (even should such an act be considered morally wrong,) then Beska would technically be hunting illegally while on-world. As, the SJO isn't required to recognize any law enforcement privileges of any foreign powers inside it's own sovereignty.

And we can do a better setup then that! :D

Now. Should a nameless morally-upstanding lawman grant 'asylum' or 'protection' of Contruum to a criminal while on, say, a neutral world outside Silver Space? This event would be meaningless politically until they reached the Silver Border. Leaving Beska to hunt freely yet, still confront a moral-dilemma mid way in the form of a morally upstanding lawman defending her quarry. (As justified as such a chivalrous act may, or may not be in the stories meta. Etc.)

This setup is better IMO, because it eliminates the need for 1. The SJO incriminating Beska for illegal hunting. And 2. Creates a moral conflict without necessitating the creation of a political one. All the characters of the play still reside in a 'gray' area. All contesting different 'right' options.

2 cents. Hugs and kisses. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom