Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Ice [Silver Watch] [PM for invite]

[SIZE=36pt]The Silver Watch[/SIZE]
[SIZE=36pt]
0611ee85-dcfb-427d-a5c3-c0fdf1bbd0b6_zpsiv1qvoqb.png
[/SIZE]

It is early morning on Rhen Var and the Citadel is bathed in the cold light of day. The snow that shrouded the stone of the courtyard glistened with flecks of light and solidified the union of ice and rock. The air is thin and crisp and still, not a breeze to stir the flakes or the soul. Inside the Citadel a small group of Silver Sanctum Jedi are housed in quarters Spartan, but there is enough for their needs for now, over time this will change but there is a purpose to this style of living. Fires crackle in the hearth open to support warmth through the rooms yet the rest of the Citadel is as outside.

Theo had returned home. Much had happened to the young man while on his travels, he had face great poverty of many people of Nar Shaddaa, lawlessness that impacted on the lives of those people who only thoughts was to survive from one day to the next. A greater understanding of life and death are a few things that had influenced the change in him. He had taken life from a man. And this event was yet to be reconciled in his heart and soul.

The pain he still feels for the death of his grandfather, will always inform his outlook but he had learned to accept it. But now Midvinter was far from him, his home planet felt as distant in the heart as it was in space, and although he will return there one day, there was no purpose for him there now and he had been reduced to a guest upon the land. Although his boyhood hero was now gone, there is another and one even more important to him, his father.

In his meditations on Kashyyyr he had thought upon a new purpose to return home to, he could have simply continued on with his training and studies in the Silver Academy, but that seemed so insular. His pervious life was gone, a more serious and more mature attitude filled the young man although the mischief and cunning would always remain. Theo is a natural born warrior, his Valkyri blood to thick in the veins to be denied which he had no intentions of doing so, the life of Jedi Sentinel called and with a small group of friends they had established the Silver Watch on this planet.

~~oOOo~~
He shifted from one foot to the other and wrapped his arms around his chest, trying to keep warm. Yes, even Theo Heavenshield feels the cold. The use of the force to keep his body temperature stable, however the biting cold still prickled the skin. He pulled his fur around him, and watched as his breath formed on the air, trying to make mist rings to kill the time while he waited for the rest of the Watch to arrive. They had all sensed it, a dark presence in the caves but of the form it took, they did not know and so they are here to investigate.

The last time Theo had been within these caves, he had faced a trail of hardship and in so doing had found his crystal, as white as the snow, which now resides in Belawir, his lightsaber. He cast his eyes up to the entrance of the caves, the doors are closed as they always are and it will take the collaborative effort of the Jedi to open them. Only the light side of the force will allow the path to fall before them and grant them to walk within the cavern walls.

[member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Boo Chiyo"]

Sometimes it was best to gear up for the worst. Wearing many layers of clothing, hides, and furs underneath the armor that I wore, I still felt cold. The wind was not blowing very hard, but enough to cause the cold chill to say almost permanently with us. I had to keep flexing my hands to prevent them from getting too cold as I stood behind the son of the Heavenshields. He was naturally suited for this environment. Even then, I could still see him shaking a little bit. Maybe this Rhen Var was colder than where he was born from. Either way, he was likely wearing clothes that were much lighter than mine.

I should probably learn Tapas so I could prevent these temperatures from harming me. Though, It was a little bit too late for right now. Instead, I would have to deal with my ability to dress warmly, and pray that I wouldn't get frostbite, or literally frozen to death. I wanted to ask others to lend me more clothing to stay warm, but I was a child, and an idiot and decided to go lighter than everyone else. I learned my lesson. Dress for what is needed, and even a little more.

Holding my lightsaber in my hand, I would flick it up into the air to twirl it, and then to catch it emitter facing away from me. I kept doing this to keep myself moving, to keep myself warm, and because it was kind of boring at the moment. Maybe if I could do something more, or get out of this wind, then we could probably warm up a little.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

The cold was like a long lost friend, greeting the form of the pure-blooded Valkyri boy with its icy, stale, embrace. Initially, Máni had been leery of Rhen Var and all the unknown that it held within its atmosphere, but upon staying on planet for the few days that he has been here -- he had found no place closer to Midvinter than this one. It provided a measure of comfort to the native of Midvinter, he had once again found the cold familiarity of his home, though it was certainly not the Icy planet itself. It did not matter, anymore, to the Valkyr boy that the planet held unknowns -- they too would be tamed; much the same as the Valkyri as a whole had tamed their home.

Being one to rise with the dawn, it was to no personal surprise that he had awakened at first light, as the shielded dawn rose above the horizon and shined its light on the citadel of the Watch. His icy eyes flared in response to the light meeting them and a soft wince was the only look that passed across the Valkyr's face. It did not take long for eyes to adjust to the light and subsequently for the overly tall man to spring into action. He was not sure whether the others were awake or not, but it did not matter to the boy. His companions were likely not at home as well as he was in the cold, though he had donned his black furs, a trophy from a long-forgotten hunt.

There was a mission for the Watch, as he liked to call the group that had assembled at the call of its leader, [Member=Théodred Heavenshield]. A mission whose parameters were unknown to the boy, but would likely be discovered when Máni found the princeling. To say that he had a problem with serving under the command of a younger boy would be a lie. It was to be held in high honor for a commoner, albeit one hailing from an ancient family, to have the favour of serving a child of Thurion Heavenshield, Midvinter's Prince -- and by extension serving the late High King Thrand Dawnbringer, may his spirit find Béornskald.

He may not have known of the exact parameters of the mission, but they were all aware of the darkness that teased the edges of their minds with its seductive caress. It had teased their minds for the time since their arrival, and someone had decided that it would be wise to eradicate its presence. A wise decision indeed, for even the most devout could fall to the whispers of Velkar and his minions. It was with this in mind that the young Valkyr had found his way to Théo, and paused in silence a half-foot behind the boy. Once he was certain that the boy had recognized his presence through the gods-sense, he would clear his throat softly and speak.

"It is a good day for the Hunt, Lord Heavenshield. May your weapon find its mark by the grace of Eár." it did not matter if the boy believed in the gods of Midvinter, the Acolyte of Helm would still call upon their favor for as long as he drew breath. He was not forcing anyone to believe in his gods, or to worship them, but he would still offer them their favor -- as was his duty as a devotee of Helm.

[Member=Zephyr Carrick] | [member=Stephanie Swail] | [Member=Sorel Crieff] | [member=Boo Chiyo]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUptkGzSlYY​

A foreboding shadow appeared in the clouds.

It was a transport ship. Small. A design developed on the Coruscant before the Clone Wars and still in use, but its clientele made it a rather exclusive ship with only one known association. Commercially, it was branded as the Sienar Star Systems Star Courier. But it was known as a Sith Infiltrator.

Descending from out of the clouds, the elongated shape of the transport with it's TIE-like wings, was like a dark spot against buttermilk blue skies. The transponder had been programmed to broadcast Identification Friend or Foe codes that would be recognized by the Coalition. They were older codes now. Student recognition protocols used for and by the Levantine Astronautical Academy, identifying the vessel's home as Oswaft Station on Laekia.

It wasn't. But then, the vessel's transponder had so many codes saved to the main computer's memory that it would be an impossible task to ascertain just what flag or loyalties it's owner may have had or possessed now. Coruscant and the One Sith. Bastion and the Golden Banner of the Primeval. Laekia and the Levantine Sanctum. Dostuum and the First Order. In some instances, the vessel would appear as the Moldy Mynock. Or the Pearl of Yavin. Others knew it by a different name. The Equinox.

Perhaps it was just the nature of an assassin to be widely traveled.

He had been to Rhen Var before. A blue Adegan crystal had been cut into a broach, which cinched together the ashen cloak that draped his small form. It was a souvenir of the time he'd come here, leading two Jedi through the first step of constructing their own lightsaber. Though not that long ago, it felt as though it had been a different lifetime. A different galaxy. A different him. One who had tried to live as the Jedi did. To be as the Jedi were.

Except he wasn't a Jedi. And he never had been. He'd been born on Coruscant and discovered by a Sith Lord, who had enslaved him as a servant and assassin. Not an apprentice. A tool, to be sharpened, used, and discarded.

A blaster pistol jutted out from the holster on his leg. A pair of vibro-knucklers hung on either side of his belt, tinges of blood giving a slight rust color to the metal from gore that could never be entirely cleaned off the weapons without taking them completely apart. The lightsaber was more of a ceremonial decoration, and one that he rarely indulged. For one, he wasn't very good at using it. He knew Shien, but Shien was cack against other lightsabers. And he preferred an amphistaff, whose exotic qualities could off-set his lack of skill in fencing. Except his amphistaff was from Sernpidal and, as such, favored more temperate climates.

Rhen Var wasn't a place where Azi would venture out in. She'd nestle down near a thermal unit and sleep.

Amphistaff were very good at sleeping. They were like cats in a way.

With the Equinox parked at the Rhen Var citadel, the young Pantoran set out on foot toward where he could sense the familiar presence of the younger Heavenshield. It was a unique embodiment of the Force that the youngling couldn't mistake. His first and last act of defiance against the Primeval had been the rescue of Théo and a transport of younglings, including [member="Norah Kitts-Castillon"]. While the Host Lord had been sacking the Jedi at Ziost, Boo had been putting a stop to slavers and returning the son of the Grandmaster safely to Voss.

A place he expected to die. A place he'd expected to atone for the death of the Silver Jedi's own Asaak Tey. A place where [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] had pardoned him in a single act of mercy and forgiveness that continues to mystify the boy.

The freezing conditions were great for thinking through the past. The bracing winds awakening the heritage of his blood. As a Coruscant-born Pantoran, he hadn't known snow. Or ice. Or cold so deep that the slightest breeze cut straight to the very marrow.

This felt like the home he never knew he had, or had wanted.

"'lo, Théo," the boy called, as he came within earshot of the Jedi group.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"] | [member="Máni"]​

These guys were strange, looking at them as she stood there offering a look with a small smile. The caves of Rhen Var she had gone to several times with her family and friends. It was where they found some of the crystals her mother had worked into the jarna stone of the walls as a weave to make it visible in the force and as a beacon. Consolidating the full work for herself and helping where she could to go over all of it, the padawan stood with her Jet robes on as her lightsaber was on her hip. The environmental force circlet in the robes and crates at the citadel Sao had been working on reconstruction efforts since the netherworld events and meeting herself in the mirrorverse.

It had given her some of the work before moving forward. The temperature regulation of the jedi robes was nice as well just in case. Form fitted with a nice layer of hide for the use with the small handful of padawans who earned it. She channeled the force into the weave to strengthen it further in case there was a problem in the caves. The other things she merely needed was the tora'yor with its different crystals for use with the force skills. She had explored the caves to test the soul capture crystal made and designed to capture darkside spirits able to dissipate them, her sigil on her neck easily protecting from dark influence or anything short of a phobis device from invading her mind.

There were others here she didn't really know who they were but shrugged checking her belt compartments with some food and other small gear like the near infinite glowrods and her collapsible hand axe for working in the ice. Her blade of the rose saber there while she tapped the hilt and could feel the force energies pulsing within it. The contact let the calming presence of the pontite crystals and the increased connection to that calming thanks to the additional crystals giving it a sparkle unlike most of the other things. She kept her hair back in a tight ponytail going down her back and over the robes before she spoke. "So we have like a plan right? Not just going to charge in full of bluster and run into a trap?"

She hated obvious traps and while she had the technical know how with the force and the things that were researched in the citadel. Even going so far to help test some of the other things they made or used like the directional crystal for blasting away with a repulsor anything that might be hostil. The effects of jakobeast fur and tusks or her favorite getting to use the massive astrometrics lab and hardlight projectors to search for new undiscovered planets. It was how she had found the hibridium rich world she and Sorel with Valae and Joza investigated. They had worked on a number of other things though while she stood there letting her boots crunch in the snow under what little weight was there.

The Silver Watch. A collection of Knights and Padawans, members of the Silver Sanctum Coalition all, positioned on Rhen Var. They were tasked to watch over the planet - crystal caves included - as well as the border of the Coalition. While on Rhen Var they would continue their training and learn how to survive in the glacial conditions presented. The necessity of such a group was indisputable...but Audren wasn't sure about the lack of Masters. Oh, there were positives to not having Masters around, but at the same time he thought at least one Master should be assigned to a group with such wide-spread duties. Not to mention a location where Padawans were training; Masters had perspective and wisdom that could benefit the learners. Typically.

The situation was what it was though. The first order of business was to keep their own yard clean. So when they all began sensing the presence of darkness in the caves below it was decided that was where they should begin. None of them knew what form the darkness had taken, whether artifact or person. And so they were gathering in preparation to go below and face whatever was down there. The Sephi wasn't looking forward to it. Not because it involved the Dark Side, he'd long ago started facing that in its myriad forms. No, it was cold and they were going underground. At least it should be warmer underground. A bit, maybe. Hopefully.

He was fully aware of what he'd been getting into, of course. The Knight wore an Extreme Conditions suit, which also happened to be armored. It was rated up to thirty minutes in vacuum, but he could still feel the cold. Not surprising, considering the climate he'd come from and preferred...maybe once the Watch expanded they'd decide on a world with a better climate. Of course, they didn't know what they would encounter down there. He came prepared as a result: vibroblade, pistol, and lightsaber all. It would most likely be cramped down there, one of the reasons he didn't like the underground, and melee weapons would be the order of the day. Yet he was fully aware from his adventure to Panathea that there could be wide-open spaces underground as well, hence the pistol.

Despite the cold, Audren forced himself to stand still. Pure stubbornness on his part, nothing more. Hopefully the group would be ready to go soon.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"] | [member=Máni] | [member="Boo Chiyo"]

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Sorel had managed to overcome the embarrassment of being rescued on her first visit to Rhen Var. Nothing more sinister than a bird struggling to find its way in the blizzard had hit Sorel’s ship. The bird came off better, it managed to bounce off the vessel and continue on its way. The ancient light freighter however lost its navigation system in a heartbeat and she was forced to land immediately — given there was zero visibility to fly by sight.

Sorel was not the arrogant girl she had been when Master Ike found her, but she was still occasionally prideful and loss of face was always hard for her to bear. But she was also resilient and shrugged these things off quickly enough. So her thoughts of Rhen Var, and the Citadel, were not entirely negative.

It was fortunate she was wearing her Master’s bracelet. She regularly removed it to ensure she was able to endure extremes of temperature — and didn’t become soft or worse, complacent. But given the cold of the early morning and the obligatory likelihood of snow, she was pleased she was able to walk around in her Jedi robes and not be burdened by padded agreements that would restrict movement.

And despite the initial inhospitable aura of the planet, Sorel had been drawn to it as a potential home. One she hadn’t had since Ossus, and Coruscant before that. She’d spent the past few years living out of her ship and no longer called any planet or Jedi Temple ‘home’. Yet there was something about Rhen Var and the Citadel that drew her in. Perhaps it was the lack of dark-siders? This place was a bastion of the light. Or maybe it was the company of like-minded Jedi?

Time — and the Force — would no doubt inform her if this was her new home and why. Until then she had a duty — and as a Jedi she never shied away from what was right and what was necessary. For despite the nature of the Citadel, and those collected, there was something nearby that required their attention. Something dark. Even a Padawan like Sorel could sense it, so she could only imagine how strong it felt to a Jedi Master.

So she made her way to the gates — to meet the others and begin their quest seek out the source of the darkness — and then do what was necessary to deal with it, whatever that took.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Máni"] [member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Audren Sykes"]

Icicles had started to form in Théo's hair clinging to his long black curly locks, some had even gathered on his fledgling of a beard, while waiting for this lot. The fact was he knew them not save for two, well three but who is counting. There is an air of familiar about one of them but more out of a sense of heritage then the knowing of him. This was confirmed why the young Valkyri man spoke directly to him, but even still Théo was taken aback by the touch of Midvinter upon this place. "Well met Padawan [member="Máni"] by the grace of Eár and the fist of Helm we will be victorious this day", Théo lowered his head in a bow to his fellow countryman, "But I beseech you to call me Théo, we are not on Midvinter now". No, they are equals outside of the Realm of Ice, besides Théo could never get used to that title even since he could walk and understand the history of the family Heavenshield.

Théo turned to greet the others as they approached, the young girl he had had the dance with in that weird class of mothers, a man he had met in his youth in Audren Sykes and admired him for his prowess and pointy ears, not that you could see him or his ears now, as he being the most sensible of the group in his attire, but the others had their ways, just as Théo did. However, his gaze turned to the blue sky as the whinging of a ships engines cut the cold air, it is a ship he knew well enough and he smiled as his friend Boo had arrived. And before he knew it had approached him with a "lo, Théo".

As he looked around the group, they are a strange lot indeed yet each and every one of them most capable in the force as well as application of 'common' senses, well at least, he assumed, time would tell of course. "Good to see you Boo!", he said before they would go into the caves. As for a plan?

"I like a good charge, but I don't think that would be necessary or prudent today. However, when we do enter the caves be mindful that this place can be tricky at the best of times, if any of you have been inside before today will know. The caves will test you. I suggest we remain together until such time as we get an understanding of what this dark presence is and try to locate it. Boo, you might be useful here to find this source", Théo would say no more on why he would, that revelation would either be felt through the force of his 'nature', or by Boo's choice to divulge.

"But first we need to open the entrance", Théo walked to stand in front of the large stone wall of a door and raised his hand. The summon of the lightside of the force pulled to him and through his hand the tendrils reached toward the surface of stone. Those of the lightside would be able to aid this, a collection of their strength and power to 'awaken' the caves to allow them in.
[member="Zephyr Carrick"] | [member="Máni"] | [member="Boo Chiyo"] | [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Taiden Keth"] (jump in if you wish!)

The young Pantoran was startled to discover that he knew two others.

Two, aside from Théo that is.

The first was a human-ish teen girl. Well, a young woman more accurately. She was at least five years older than Boo was. "Oh, h-hi, Orihime," the boy offered, a tick of nervousness kicking in as he addressed the girl. Back when he'd been a spy for the Primeval among the Levantine students at the Astronautical Academy, he'd ventured to Rhen Var with her to look for something called a Solari crystal. She'd been cute then. And she was still cute now.

The other was the Sephi. Audrey? Aidan? Something something something Sykes. He remembered that much. He was the one that the boy had faced in the lightsaber tournament that had been a bad idea to begin with. Boo wasn't really much of a lightsaber duelist. He liked to ambush a target and then get out of sight. Suffice to say, he hadn't won the bout and wasn't entirely certain just what he'd learned from the experience, aside from the fact that he didn't like lightsaber battles.

Anyfight that lasted longer than the first hit... was probably gonna be a bad day.

In any event, the Pantoran managed an awkward wave with respect to the Sephi guy. Fellow. Dude. Bro. Or whatever guys were calling themselves these days... It was enought o make clear that the youngling recognized and acknowledged the man, but he'd totally forgotten his name.

As for the rest, he had no idea. But if they were good with Théo Heavenshield, then they were good with Boo.

As Theo beckoned for everyone to come together in harmony, kumbaya, and other such nerfchit just in order to knock of the proverbial door, the Pantoran took a few steps away from the group. "I'll... uh... just leave the Open Sesame stuff to you all," the young Sith opined, with a forced, uneasy smile.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Máni"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"]​

[member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Máni"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"]

She was looking at the leader of the group and well... it was a plan, simple but not everything needed to be complicated to be effective or good and it didn't involve them all running into a trap at least to what knowledge they had. She had been in the caves before and had a good idea of the layout while staying there for a moment when she saw Boo and he seemed nervous looking at her. She remembered him here and he was cute with those adorable cheeks she wanted to pinch because he seemed like he was blushing almost but blue skin was hard. She found her small place over near Sorel and the two of them could look at the others who were there. Like the other fairly large padawans wrapped in thick robes and cloaks or in armor while they had their simple things. "Oh hey Boo." She said it while waving and was excited to see he was still alive and blue... she had been worried it was the cold or something but natural skin color was important. "Well we can have some fun then inside." She said it with the same level of optimism her mother gave and warmness. Why be afraid when a new threat meant a new challenge and a new challenge meant a new level to rise to.

It didn't take long for the last of them to arrive. As it turned out, he knew most of them, or at least knew who they were. Théo of course, the blue-skinned kid - Boo, maybe - he'd fought in the tournament, the Valkyr from Galidraan, and another female he'd seen there too. There were only two that he didn't recognize, one male and one female. He thought he'd caught a glimpse of the guy on Galidraan as well. Not much more than that though, so maybe he was wrong. The girl reminded him of his other opponent in the tournament, maybe because of the way the Force twisted around the items she wore.

Now he had another name. The Valkyr - and he was a Valkyr - was called Máni. And Boo was indeed the name of the blue-skinned one, Audren returned the half-wave with a nod. Still no names for the others, but he was sure they'd surface in time. And apparently they had the inklings of a plan: stay together until they learned what they were up against. Well, it was better than 'every person for themselves, first one to the goal wins'...that wouldn't end in problems, not at all. But there had been something in there about the caves testing them. Having never been inside these caves, or indeed any crystal-bearing caves, he had no idea what Théo meant by that.

In similar vein, he had no idea why Théo was projecting Force power at the entrance rather than going up to it. Cords of power emanated from the youngest Heavenshield's hand towards the stone. Boo refrained from helping, which allowed the Sephi to put two and two together: the door responded to the Light Side of the Force. Blue most certainly did not use that. Unusual, he'd have to look into the phenomenon. The girl he didn't know didn't help either, which made him wonder. Looking past that for now, the Knight also raised his left hand and sent cables of power towards the stone. He didn't know if he was supposed to push, lift, whatever, so he merely projected the power. If it wasn't enough he could always alter what he was doing.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"] | [member=Máni] | [member="Boo Chiyo"] | [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"]

Her brother had been busy upon his return to Voss and the Coalition. His mind was cleared of grief at the loss of their grandfather, and he'd managed to earn a buck or two working for the Dashiells. As for Nina, she was just happy to have her little brother back where he belonged, safe and sound. Now Théo was starting up this outpost on Rhen Var, driven by his newfound purpose, and Nina found it only fit to pay a visit and see how he was faring. It hadn't taken long for him to ask her to join them, but his invitation was left pending since she'd rather see things for herself before making a decision.

So it was that she appeared on the frozen world of Rhen Var, and it seemed the handful of knights and padawans were getting ready to go exploring a nearby cave, sealed to potentially lock away dark powers. Rhen Var had long been corrupted by the Dark side of the Force and still held onto much of it. There was little to no life on the planet, and it was Nina's theory that the fact was not just owed to the harsh climate. The Dark side leeches off lifeforce, like a parasite.

As her brother attempted to open the door to the cave, Nina stepped through the group of people she'd met and seen around the Voss Academy and settled a hand upon his shoulder to reveal her presence. "We could try and use you as a battering ram," she spoke into his mind. "Your head's thick enough for it," she teased with a grin across her face.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Boo Chiyo"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Máni"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"]

He had heard it, he had sensed it, but Théo had not seen the look on his friend Boo's face. What he would have given for that! Yet, Théo smiled at the thought of his best friend awkward over a girl, and not any girl either, but the one with the happy feet. However, he was sure he might get another opportunity again on this mission. But he remained focused, the entrance to the cave had proven stubborn to begin with probably the reason why master do this job, but it seemed that some of the group had not the knowledge of this place, a learning curve for Théo if he is to teach others in the future. "The door is opened with the lightside of the force, you use that through your hands to guide the force to the surface of it and once touched the entrance will open .. hopefully".

Knight Sykes had worked it out, and with his help the entrance began to groan, if others give it a go, the entrance would move faster but they it was a start. Some of the group couldn't of course, Théo suspected that Zephyr held back because of reason associated with darkness, like Boo. Maybe to a lesser extent. And so Théo stood once more, his eyes closing to removed any distraction while his arms remained high before the wall of stone.

It was because of this, he did not notice Nina. That girl seems to spring up out of the ground sometimes and make him jump out of his skin. Maybe she had been hanging around mother too long, father can be tricky when he needs to, but mother? she is scary tricky. So as her gentle hand rested on his shoulder it broke his concentration, but the entrance had opened enough for them all to squeeze through.

"Oh very funny", he said aloud as he turned to look at her grinning face, and could not help grinning back. "I have a gift for you, but now I think I will not give it to you". He returned with his own teasing to her mind. Not sure who knew who in the group, Théo would leave the self introductions to them. He took Nina's hand in his, and began to walk toward the entrance. "You stay close to me, you know how this place will test Jedi". Théo is very protective of her, this was something she was just going to have to get used to.

"The Rhen Var Caves, is not only filled with crystals. When a Jedi comes here to seek his or her focusing crystal for their saber, the Cave will test that Jedi to see if they are worthy. The test is not set in stone but comes from within the Jedi and makes them face things in their lives, it could be a good experience or a bad one. This you all have to be mindful of as we enter. Oh and by the way, we only have until nightfall to do this, else we will be trapped in the Cave for the night".

Théo moved forward with Nina and slipped through the entrance turning sideways in order to do so. Inside what would greet them was the sight of the caves tunnels and temple. Once everyone was present, they would begin their investigation.
[member="Nina Heavenshield"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Boo Chiyo"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Máni"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"] |

While venturing into a spooky, haunted cave like this was the sequel to the low budget horror holo, The Blair Witch Project, was cool and all... Boo tended to think that this was one case where the Sith got the long end of the stick.

For starters, Sith alchemy did this with some simple chemistry, physics, and meditation. And without the whole 'testing yourself' thing. If you were alive when you woke up, you'd pretty much proven yourself to some degrees, because if you hadn't... you'd be dead by now. Sith were always looking to advance, and there could only be so many lords. And so many apprentices. Assassination simply became how you advanced in the company.

And the Pantoran boy was hardly the exception to those corporate policies. He'd learned that his master planned to retire him, so Boo had simply killed the man first. Of course, Boo's very first assignment had been to retire another apprentice, so it was very much a vicious cycle.

They could make a reality holo-series about it. Survivor Sith: Out last. Out wit. Out live.

It was a reality of growing up on Coruscant that made the experience of being in the presence of Jedi all the more fascinating. He could feel their energy. Sense the Force. Perceive something he'd never experienced for himself. A different kind of Force. A difference in how it manifested and moved around him. Hesitating a moment, he stretched out a hand as though to try and make a connection.

He touched the light and it was cold to him.

He looked into and it was black.

Amused by the entrance of Théo's sister, the boy shuffled along with the group through the gap that led into the crystal caves of the Jedi. Being smaller than the rest, his slight frame easily passed through the eye of the needle and inside of the cavern.

"You ought to think about what you're carrying."

His voice was soft, holding hints of the Pantoran accent that was slightly marred by the fact that he talked like someone from Coruscant's lower levels. Lowest levels, even. Most who visited the planet-city thought that there was no bottom. And it was a literal rock bottom. One he'd hit many times over.

"What you find..." he offered, removing his cloak and tossing it aside as he gave a nod in indication of the passages ahead. He'd been in there before. The Adegan crystal broach returned to the place where he'd found it. Or it had found him. "...is what you take with you."

The lightsaber dropped on top of the cloak as he discarded it.

Then a small hold-out blaster.

Pair of vibro-knucklers.

Three shivs. One from up his sleeve, another from behind his back, and the third from his boot.

He'd never been a Boy Scout, but that wasn't to say that Boo didn't believe in always being prepared...

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Nina Heavenshield"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Máni"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"]​

Her eyes remained on the ones there while holding her hand out, the pull and feeling of the force seeping out while she directed it towards the pathway but raised an eyebrow listening to Theo. Her wanting to speak stopped by one fact... her mother wouldn't like her talking back to try and sound smarter or sarcastic. She could do that in private with her and with her sisters.... Sorel maybe as well but that was because a padawan of her mothers was like family given how much she likely learned about their family and the force. Orihime moved in looking at the cave and had been here plenty before, she and Reiko used to play with their mothers before she looked over a few of the things.

"You sound like my mother Boo." She said it looking at him take away his weapons and some equipment while she stood there adjusting her hair from a tight ponytail to hang loose over her shoulders and back. Smile on her face though while she crouched down brushing at the walls and motioned with her hand for Sorel to come and see. "My sister and me got to play in here while our moms were working. I should remember where we used to keep our stash of snake cakes... maybe." She looked at her friend and wondered what Boo might see but inner tests and challenges were an interesting thing to go up with. She had her glow rod holding it up as the pale orange light went off of the ice and stone.

She remained looking around near the entrance not needing to run ahead in the caves in case of danger as she was reaching out with the force and letting the sigil glow a little with white light over her robes. The channeling gloves twitching but she offered a smile attaching the glow rod to her belt an ice axe for prying and getting a good hold moved slightly to the front so she could grab it and extend quickly in case of a problem. "Well if anyone gets stuck we have a heater." The small brazier for this type of situation she tossed over towards boo's robes and weapons. "And it can last last near forever with the quad chambered power cell." Same as the kind in her saber to let her slice and cleave beskar.

[member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Máni"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Nina Heavenshield"]

I had been watching. Being careful around those who had been leaning heavily on the light side of the force. I didn't. I was smack in the center of the force. Neither as dark as the Sith, nor as light as the Jedi. My father was a Grey Jedi, and I fell only further. Pushing myself to train in the, unnatural side of the force. As everyone was meeting up and throwing names out, I was glad that mine was not thrown. I wanted to keep a breath of space between myself and the others. Seeing a Sephi, the three Valkyri, even a Atristan looking female. I kept to myself.

While they started to lift the door that was blocking our path, I went ahead and offered my services. If we were to work as a team, then we needed to trust one another. If they were not willing to trust me, then I should not trust them. If they didn't like my darker side, the monster hidden beneath the skin I wore, then they will have to deal with it for now. I lended my strength to lift the door through the force. Using what I could to aid. Once it finally was, it was now open to us for the searching of this catacomb.

As the others began to move in, I did as well. Staying quiet and keeping to myself once more. Adjusting my lightsaber, I grabbed it from my belt and kept in in my hand. The older lightsaber was a little grungy from a lot of battles when in the service of my father, and now after myself using it. Taking a firm grip on the lightsaber, Part of me wanted to throw it out. To forget about it simply because it was my father's. I didn't want him to protect me anymore. I wanted to defend for myself. However, the only other lightsaber I had was a red one, and that would not be looked greatly upon. Hopefully I could replace this yellow one soon. Anything honestly. A simple blue blade or even a purple one. I would not mind either.

Just as long as it wasn't yellow.

Moving a few steps behind the man who would be leading the group for now, I decided to speak for once.

​"First we should find some kind of focal point that we can all meet up on when we separate. That way we wont get lost in this maze of tunnels."

[member="Orihime Ike"], [member="Boo Chiyo"], [member="Théodred Heavenshield"], [member="Nina Heavenshield"], [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Sorel Crieff"], [member="Máni"],

Sorel Crieff

As the group assembled, Sorel realised she recognised a couple of faces but literally only one or two. The remainder were strangers, but then she was used to that. She’d travelled the galaxy for the past few years and put down no roots, so apart from her new Master and also her new friend (who also happened to be here) she saw most Jedi once and not again for some time — if ever.

Yet as they came together and the leader of the pack — who she understood to be the son of two of the leaders of the Silver Sanctum Coalition — instructed them to focus on opening the gates, she felt a shiver run down her spine. As she opened herself to the Force, she felt a presence. Not the deep and troublesome aura that emanated from within the mountainside, something far closer. Nobody else seemed troubled by it and there were far more powerful Jedi here than she was, so they must have sensed it too.

And then she realised that the sensation wasn’t a thing, it was a person. A Sith? A dark Jedi? Her brow wrinkled — she could never hide her feelings easily. She glanced around to see who had noticed and then straightened her face and focused on the task in hand. But she felt uneasy all the same.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Nina Heavenshield"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Máni"]

It seemed that Audren's hunch had been correct, the door only opened as a reaction to the Light Side. Between the two of them the door started to open, and they were then joined by two others. All in all the opening was wide enough to squeeze through...it was a good thing what he wore didn't really have any buttons. One latecomer showed up, a girl who seemed familiar but who he couldn't quite place. She was apparently on good terms with Théo though, since she showed up without a word, hand on his shoulder and grin on her face. No words were exchanged between the two outside a claim of 'very funny' by Théo, just a flurry through the Force.

As they began slipping through the opening, Théo gave a bit of an explanation. It was odd that the cave would have a test in the Jedi. It sounded like the cave wasn't quite what set it up either, it just prompted it. Though the train of thought really affected nothing, he was curious how that had happened. An alchemy or spell set up long ago that had shifted and changed over the course of millennia? The place was strong in the Force after all. Being trapped inside after nightfall was odd, maybe after the sun fell only those of the Darkness could open the door? Or was it sealed until dawn? Useless questions, but thoughts that crossed his mind. And one other...

"And if we're not here for a crystal?"

That was probably an appropriate question, though he didn't know if Théo would have an answer.

As he entered the doorway, the stone scraping against the extra layer of clothing he wore - no buttons went popping off for the simple fact that he didn't have any - Boo's voice sounded. Think about what he was carrying? He'd done that already, it was why he carried what he did. The followup sentence was even more cryptic, what you find is what you take with you. Even more odd, the blue person was dropping his weapons: lightsaber, blaster, knuckles, knife, knife...another knife. And the Sephi thought he was bad.

One of the girls tossed what she claimed was some sort of heating thing over to where Boo's weapons were. It could be useful if they got stuck, but they'd be better off using it deeper into the place where the climate had stabilized itself. The Knight found it very interesting that the blue one was actually the only one to drop his weapons, if that was indeed all of them. None of the others had. That was supposed to be tradition from what he understood, but the dark side user was the only one following the Jedi tradition. Audren certainly wasn't, he'd thought and planned ahead of time and carried the items he did with reason. He wasn't testing the Force, he was covering his bases. Surely he'd not run into the untoward as a result of planning to prevent harm to others.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"] | [member=Máni] | [member="Boo Chiyo"] | [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Nina Heavenshield"]

Logic.

Reason.

Given that Sith were generally the pragmatists and Jedi were more like space hippies waving multi-colored glow rods around and preaching about the mystery of the Force, the young Pantoran was a little surprised by the fact that the self-described monks were taking such a linear approach to being inside the cave. This was Rhen Var, not Hoth. If they didn't appreciate the difference now, they would.

"You're assuming we'll be together," the youth offered, in reply to the nameless one who'd spoken about not getting lost. They were lost the moment they had walked inside of this cave. The question was, could they find themselves? And that would be a very personal question that each would have to face on their own. "...or even inside this cave," he added cryptically, as he bent his head down to unclasp the commlink that was a rather colorful band around his left wrist.

Was it dangerous taking a commlink into the cave? Probably not, but this really wasn't the time for taking phone calls.

Plus, reception here was utter crap. Corellia Digital really needed to put some commsat satellites in the system.

Now, to the others, maybe they'd blinked. Maybe they'd looked away or taken their eyes off the Pantoran for but a moment. Or maybe someone had walked by, creating an instant where the boy wasn't in line of sight. In any event, the young Pantoran was suddenly no longer there in the cave. The only evidence of his having been present was the Warden Cloak he'd discarded, and the weapons piled atop it.

+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

"You're assuming we'll be together."

It was a reasonable assumption. It just failed to take one thing into account, and that was the Force. "...or even inside this cave," he added cryptically, as he bent his head down to unclasp the commlink that was a rather colorful band around his left wrist. Was it dangerous taking a commlink into the cave? Probably not, but this really wasn't the time for taking phone calls.

Snapping the orange colored band off his wrist, the boy casually tossed the wristlink over on top of the pile of all his other crap. "That's..." the youngling said, as he turned his head to look back up at the nameless one.

Except he wasn't there.

None of them were. Not Nina. Not Théo. If maybe he could get stranded with Orihime, that... that might not be so bad. But, it looked to him as though he were suddenly the only one inside the chamber.

"I hate being right," the Pantoran uttered aloud.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Nina Heavenshield"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Máni"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"]​

Sorel Crieff

Sorel looked down at her belt. One by one, devices were shed and a small pile was starting to form in front of her. Various devices were placed on the door and then her com link, her protective bracelet and finally her two sabers.

All she was left with was her regular robes, dark brown in colour. She smiled. “In my youth,” she stopped and smiled widely. “When I was even younger, I used to read up on former Grand Masters. Grand Master Windu said the saber was not the weapon the Jedi carried. The Jedi herself was the actual weapon. So whatever I face, I’d say I’m fully equipped. And if there’s a test, well, if I’m worthy, I’ll return. If not,” she shook her head. “Then it was fun knowing you all. Now should we go alone, in pairs or in some sort of a group.”

[member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Nina Heavenshield"] [member="Máni"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom