Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech BioTech-I55 'Seer'

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • | Intent | To submit a specialized eye augmentation for use by elite forces within the Sith Military.
  • | Image Source | Source
  • | Canon Link | N/A
  • | Permissions | N/A
  • | Primary Source | Optical Implant

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • | Manufacturer | ApexTech Industries
  • | Affiliation | Closed-Market
  • | Model | BioTech-I55 'Seer'
  • | Modularity | N/A
  • | Production | Minor
  • | Material | Electronics / Duraplast / Circuitry

Technical Specifications
  • | Classification | Cybernetic Eyes
  • | Size | Average
  • | Weight | Average
  • | Resistances | N/A

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Specialized Vision Modes
  • Anti-Flash Measures
  • Enhanced Target Acquisition

Strengths |
  • [ The Seeing Eye ] | The Seer is able to grant the user access to a number of different vision modes, such as zoom [Up to 12x Magnification], thermal, night vision, backscatter X-ray, and more. There is also an inherent function that allows the Seer to dim the effects of bright flashes such as strobe lights or flashbangs to prevent blindness.
  • [ Enhanced Target Acquisition ] | Much like a fire control system the Seer works with the operator in such a manner that their overall accuracy is improved when handling firearms. This improves the user's ability to target, track and hit a target over any distance.
  • [ Can't Blind Me ] | The modifications to one's eye with the Seer does not make them vulnerable to the effects of EMP. In fact, if the user is EMP'd, they simply lose the selective vision modes rather than their sight entirely until the effects of EMP wear off. Flashbangs and the like however still apply normally if EMP'd as the auto-dim effect would be temporarily nullified.
Weaknesses |
  • [ Experimental Prototype ] | As the Seer is an experimental prototype, their implementation of it is rather limited in comparison to more widespread cybernetic eye augmentations and is typically only given to those in active military service or off of the black market.
  • [ Data Overload ] | When a Seer user is exposed to an overwhelming amount of information in an instant, there are cases where the amount of information can cause an overload on the user's brain. This temporarily stuns the user for varying amounts of time and may result in temporary blindness.

DESCRIPTION

The Seer was originally designed as an alternative option for use by military elements of the Sith Empire to enhance the rank and file of the Imperial Legion on the field, regardless of environment. It is capable of functioning as a replacement to systems incorporated into helmets and sensors but due to the cybernetic enhancements and modifications that can be made to the user can be operated in unision with things like electronic scopes to help improve aim.
The Seer was made to improve combat effectiveness on the field and help ground troops better identify threats with ease with a simple glance. Gone are the days where breaching into a room full of hostiles blind can turn out badly. On the battlefield, information is the factor that can dictate life and death, and the Seer aims to reduce casualties from the Sith Imperial Legion once it becomes more widely deployed.
| Changes |
[1/20/2020]
  • Fixed Formatting
  • Changed Manufacturer
  • Updated to current template standards

Last edited:
Kor Vexen said:
Manufacturer | Sith Imperial Research and Development / Kor Vexen
[member="Kor Vexen"], If i could make one tiny request regarding this sub, that would be amazing. Would you please be so kind as to link "Sith Imperial Research and Development" ? In past submissions, I seen this often just linked back to the TSE faction homepage.

Please tag me with any changes made to this sub, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom