Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bassa Boom! [SJO Mission/Private]

This was a fairly familiar scene for Josh. Slaver base, probably filled to the brim with slaves that would soon be transported to where they would then be sold on the black market, becoming pretty much impossible to trace by entities such as the CIS and SJO from there. Which meant that as a shipment had reportedly just arrived with more on the way… They had to be stopped. They had to be stopped here and now. And quickly.

Something Josh had learned over the years from dealing with them, the usual pattern was that when a new shipment came in, the existing set of slaves were moved out to be ready to go to market. Meaning they were running the clock. Which also meant a change if strategy was merited.

The Force User dispatch did not arrive alone this time. They would be working alongside a group of the Silver’s Rangers, this particular group having received training from the Silver Shadows to ensure their efficiency for this mission. They would be sneaking into the base in disguise and would prepare to move in with the right opportunity. Josh had stressed to the Ranger team the importance of not allowing them to use the slaves as hostages or human shields and that they would be more likely to do this in a situation with more cargo to lose. Which obviously meant that they had to plan accordingly. Taking Josh’s experiences with slavers under consideration the Rangers knew to listen closely, and adapt as they could.

Unbeknownst to Josh was that one of the Ranger team members was a man by the name of Antonio Parks. He was a dark-skinned man who looked to be in his late 20s, with a muscular but lean build, had the look of an athlete. It had been about two years ago that he had been kidnapped by slavers with intent to sell him on the black market as property. Josh DragonsFlame and [member="Dusaro Dresari"] had gone to free them, but when they were leading them out, it turned out one amongst their number had disguised themselves and was actually a slaver unwillingly to give up his cargo, even if that meant killing them. He killed one of the slaves in front of their wife and child before the Jedi stopped him. Parks had felt guilty after that, as he knew that he could have seen them step into the slave cage before and could have warned the Jedi. He had seen the horror from the family when their patriarch was cut down, the glares and blame they placed on the Jedi Master, the clear agony on the face of the Jedi as he tried to be strong for the others. None of this had to happen if he had been better. Much later, Parks would decide that after many long months of being free… That he would not let this sort of thing happen again. The look on Josh’s face had told him of the levels of pain he had tried to hide… And he wanted to ensure that didn’t happen again. It led him to joining the Rangers in turn. Now here he was. The Jedi Master might not recognize him, but he was willing to fight with all he had to ensure victory this time.

——-​
The Maekrix
Aboard Josh’s new ship, The Maekrix, was the second team. The Force User team who’s job was simple enough: Create a big bassa boom and attract the attention of the slavers, drawing as many away from the slaves as possible and opening the ones guarding them up for an attack from behind. This ragtag team was a bit… Different, admittedly. It composed of the Silver Jedi’s Master of the Order, Josh DragonsFlame… CIS Knight Obsidian Madalena Antares, and Hand leader Riamah. With their factions being affiliated in one way or another though, and Josh being more comfortable working with both women than most… He made it happen. Besides, a mission involving “make a big boom” and not inviting Madalena? She’d kill him! Of course there was the caveat of preventing collateral damage but obviously both women, Sith and former Sith, knew this.

While the group was waiting for the rendezvous with the Rangers before they were to attack, Josh, [member="Riamah"] and [member="Scherezade deWinter"] had just finished the full briefing and were ready to set out. Josh had brought Jongori on for this mission, and as promised he was set to introduce Madalena to him. As the three walked through the Maekrix, they would come to a spacious room that seemed to be designed for comfortably housing creatures like Jongori. The dragon was nibbling on a large bone, likely from something it just ate when the lot of them would enter. It would also be Ra's first time getting to meet the dragon in a social regard.

Dressed in her usual attire, and turning herself into a walking armory as she did most of the time, Madalena walked by [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] and [member="Riamah"] aboard the Maektrix. Unlike usually though, there was a backpack on her shoulders. A big, beautiful backpack, filled to the brim with various things that went boom. The notion of one of them potentially going off before she wanted them to never crossed the Sithling's mind. A happy smile decorated her face.

They were walking through the ship now, after Josh had promised to deliver on a promise. Madalena could sense forward and all her insides were bubbly in excitement as she thought she knew what it was. When moments later, they entered the room, the woman almost squealed in joy.

Dropping her bag on the floor, an instant later she was standing next to the dragon, offering him a great big hug.

This wasn't their first mission together and Ra enjoyed going on them. Her life previously had been rather boring and hum-drum. Even their initial meeting had been in that part of her life. After that, though they had started seeing each other more until finally missions started coming in. Josh had started to include her in them and eventually they had taken in more people. Now it was just the three of them.

Madalena carried a bag with her as they walked the halls of the Maektix and things were quiet for once. That was until they entered a large room that contained a single beast. It was one Ra had been on before and she did a half smile when the other woman ran over to give him a large hug.

Being far more reserved, she did not do that. Giving the dragon a wave though, she turned to Josh with a question on her face.

"Are we taking him with us?"

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

When approached, Jongori would stare at Madalena a moment, seeming to blink a few times when she threw her arms around him. The dragon would then look toward it's master, as if verifying that this creature was safe and it was not intending to kill him. Josh would nod his head, giving them a mental communication that indeed, she was safe. So the dragon did what any dragon would do when given the go ahead (Probably) and promptly slobber Madalena with a licking. Something that got a laugh out of Josh in turn.

Josh looked toward Ra when she asked her question, and he nodded his head. "Indeed, he's going to be raining death from above. Or at least, well... Maybe not death. Just some explosions. Could be bad if there's collateral damage. The last thing we want is putting at risk the people we're trying to save, after all."

Josh would check his datapad and noted that the Rangers had arrived. He would send a command to R4 to send them their way.

[member="Riamah"] - [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

"Whossa good boy?!" Madalena asked mid-hug before turnig to scratch the adorable dragon under a chin, "whossa good draggo?" she asked in a baby voice, full of ooh's and ahh's, petting the top of his head as well. Her fingers ran along the beautiful wings as she continued to coo' and ooh' all around and about him. He was gorgeous! And beautiful. And magnificent. It was all too easy to see how excited she was about being so close to him.

It was hardly the first time the SIthling was around a dragon. For some odd reason, the Confederacy was full of them, and she had experienced with anything from chicken-sized dragons to dragons that were bigger than buildings. Like most animals, she loved them all nonetheless, even the one that tried to eat her and ended up turning into a huge stack of steaks.

Either way, she was definetly not part of the conversation right now. The dragon had her full attention.

"Whossa a good draggo?! Yes you are!" she squealed, "yussssssssss you are!"

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Riamah"]

Lifting a finger to make an additional comment to what Josh did, she lowered it quickly and moved to join him. Having once already been on Jongori, the sight of him wasn't as much of a surprise as it was to Madalena. Shaking her head, it almost seemed like she was acting like a little girl and not the almost adult she was. Shrugging her shoulders, Ra wouldn't stop the girl from fawning over the dragon.

"I know all about that collateral damage."

Speaking rather soft and under her breath, she was talking about their first mission together when the slaves had ended up killing all the slavers. That had been her fault totally and Ra knew this.

"No more opening of giant land holes for me."

Josh couldn't help but laugh as Madalena would call Jongori "good draggo", and made a mental note to maybe steal that line for later. Jongori meanwhile, was unaccustomed to such affection from a complete stranger but did not appear to mind it either. It wasn't long though before the large beast turned out to have the temperament of a puppy dog in times like this as it would end up rolling onto it's belly. Something that got Josh to laugh even louder.

[member="Riamah"] would point out that she knew about the collateral damage, referencing their prior mission. Josh smirked lightly as he looked toward her.

"I know you do."

Well if she was going to at least try not to open up anymore torturous holes, then they were all set. The doors would open as a group of rangers would step in... And immediately stop dead at the sight of Madalena scratching the head and wings of the now very affectionate Jongori. Clearly the sight was not what they were expecting when they stepped into the lair of the beast. Once the initial shock was over, the men would salute as one of them stepped forward.

"Master DragonsFlame, Ranger Antonio Parks reporting for duty."

Josh would nod his head as he would salute back, though began to squint as he would stare the man in the face. He had dark skin, stood at about 6'3 and had a build that even made Josh a little envious. Though Josh knew that being overly bulky wouldn't befit a Jedi either. He was the build he needed to be, and that was good enough for him. Looks were looks, but they meant nothing if they hampered you in combat. Either way, the man looked familiar to him, and he couldn't tell why...

"Do I know you?"

The man would nod his head.

"Yes, sir. I was one of the people kidnapped and sent to that slave camp that you and Knight Dresari liberated. Don't you remember?"

Josh's pupils would shrink then, as the memories came flooding back.

"Oh..." Josh would speak softly, his eyes falling as he failed to look anyone in the eyes at that moment. "... That one. Yeah."

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

There was much more coo'ing and loving to be done with the dragon, but even Madalena, wrapped up in all that wonderful and charming childness-ness that only she could pull off while still being utterly adorable and endearing, knew that it was time to stop.

Leaning forward, she gave the good draggo a kiss on the snout. "Okay baby," she whispered lovingly to him, "I need to go and work and pretend to be a normal adult for a bit. But I'll come back and give you more chin scratches when we're done. Promise!"

With that, she walked back to where Josh and Ra were standing, smiling at them both. She noted how Josh was looking, and then averted her gaze to Ra, asking with body language what was wrong. To her, the rangers in the room meant nothing, and she had a hard time imagining what they had to do with it.

Over their time together, both as partners and as friends, Josh had told her bits and pieces of his past before they met. The same went for her, though Ra thought she had told him more about her than the other way around. In reality, it was probably pretty equal. He had mentioned that particular mission, but she didn't think he had given her all the details.

Just being there to give him a bit of moral support, Ra did not really react too much. Looking up at Madalena when she rejoined them, she shook head slightly. This wasn't to say she would speak of the reason, but it wouldn't be done right now.

Standing up straighter, her hand rested on Josh's arm to show her support and she returned the smile from Madalena.

Josh let out a sigh when he saw the looks from Ra and Madalena. He supposed there was no point in hiding his expression, or the reaction to realizing who Parks was. So he decided to be open about it as he turned to the two.

"Some time ago, I was on a mission with Dusaro Dresari before he became a Jedi and apprenticed under me. It was a slave operation, same as this one. Everything went well, we bashed our way in and got the slaves out of the cages. But... There was one thing we didn't account for. One of the slaves was a slaver who had put a fake collar on himself and hid amongst them when the action started. They realized that they couldn't get out of this with their bounty, and... Well..."

He took a moment to try and keep his bearings.

"That's the thing with these kinds of people. They see people as property. And if they can't have them as property... Then they feel nobody else should have them. When we were herding them out, the slaver pulled out a blaster and opened fire on the slaves. Thinking if they couldn't have them, nobody could. I... I was too late. He killed a man that was just a bit older than me, right in front of me before I finally put him down. But I still couldn't save him. His wife and daughter were there, they watched it all happen."

He couldn't meet their eyes anymore, and he instinctively took Ra's hand to try and keep himself steady. His grip on her hand was tight, but he knew he needed that support right now.

"The way they looked at me, I knew they blamed me. I was responsible for protecting them. I was supposed to save them. I was supposed to do my damn job and get them all out safely and... I couldn't. That young woman lost her husband. That little girl lost her father. And they lost him right in front of their eyes... With a Jedi not a few feet away who was supposed to be protecting them."

Realizing the Jedi was struggling, the dark-skinned man, Antonio Parks, took the story over.

"I was one of the people they took. It... It was horrifying. It made me realize just how many sick people there are out there and how maybe... Maybe the work I was doing before, I was an illegal swoop racer who was kidnapped over a dispute with another team... Maybe it was a sign that the work I was doing wasn't what I should be doing. But it was the look on his face, a Jedi, the protectors of the people, peacekeepers, that I knew where my calling was. It made me realize that for all their magic, the Jedi are human. They are people, giving everything they have and everything that they are for us. All while shouldering the burdens of what happens, even if it's not their fault. I joined the Rangers because I wanted to do my part. Because nobody should have to shoulder all that by themselves."

The man smiled. "So truthfully, he's why I'm here. And I'm thankful for that."

Josh took a deep breath, nodding his head a bit as he tried to get himself back together.

"I'm happy to have you with us, Parks."

The man saluted, and Josh would smile lightly, still trying to recollect himself.

"I think I've stressed enough today how important this mission is, after all that. We need to get those people out, and get them back to their homes. I refuse to let anymore mothers lose their husbands, or daughters lose their fathers, if I can help it."

It was clear that it was a subject that still bothered the Jedi Master. But it was a revelation to his partner, [member="Riamah"] and to his close friend, Madalena as well that he hadn't disclosed before - the fact that his failures still bothered him. His failures always haunted him. He had never been able to escape his own failures and they clearly effected him constantly. They were a burden that he continued to shoulder long after the time had passed.

He would pull back the part of his robes closest to his neck, to reveal a scar that looked like the outlines of a collar that had been in place for too long too tightly around the front-right side of his neck. It was something Ra knew about. But Madalena didn't.

"I know full well what they can and will do. Let's all ensure they don't get a chance to do it again."

Taking a deep breath, he would lead the group back to the conference room.

"So the mission is simple. The Ranger team will find an opening. Madalena, Ra and I will stay on the Maekrix and start a quick airstrike to draw them out. While R4 takes the ship somewhere safe to prepare to evac the slaves, the three of us will mount Jongori and attack from there. We will continue to draw their attention both on the ground and with Jongori's assistance while you lot get the slaves out and onto the Maekrix. Once you have finished your sweep and our targets have been extracted, Ra, Maddy and I will take down the remaining slavers. Afterwords, we'll do a full investigation of the facility to ensure, again, that we leave nobody behind. Once the investigation is complete, we'll make the arrests, load them onto the shuttle you came in on and head home.

Any questions?"

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

As Josh began to tell his tale, Madalena remained quiet, her gaze focused solely on him. Even the dragon in the background became invisible as she hung on every word, trying to understand what it was that bothered Josh so deeply.

Her best friend's stand on slavers and slavery was one that mirrored that of the Confederacy – and sort of an opposite to the view held by Madalena herself. While she had a hard time imagining herself owning actual slaves, she had no inherent opposition against it. Most of the time, if Madalena was going after slavers, it was because of a mission that meant extra income or glowing reviews in her personal file.

When Josh gripped Ra's hand, Madalena's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, and she crossed her arms across her chest, feeling a need to find something to do with them and absent that; do what she was doing.

But when the tale was over and Josh explained that Parks was the reason he was alive, the Sithling looked over to the man and offered him the warmest of smiles. "You made sure my best friend is alive today," she said to him with a nod, "so you're good in my book. Don't frek it up." While some might see the latter part as a threat, it was not intended and such, something that was made plenty understandable by the tone and warmth conveyed by her.

Turning her attention back to Josh, she listened to the mission briefing and then cracked her knuckles.

"Let's go kick some slaver butt!" she bounced, "I've got all my weapons ready. We'll make the streets run stinky with their blood and intestines!"

Bits and pieces of this story had been given to Ra before by him. They had gone on their own mission to free slaves and capture the slavers. It had ended with the slaves getting rescued, but the slavers had been killed due to the thoughtless actions of Ra.

How slavers thought of people was something she had never done. Each person had free will and was treated equally until they proved differently. She listened to the heartbreaking story and held onto his hand. They had been together long enough for her to know when he needed support. Now was one of those times. Reminding him she was there, she squeezed back to give that to him. The potentially jealous look and motion of Madalena were missed and Ra gave them no thought.

In her life, she had seen the loss of two people very important to her. Her Sith master and then her captain. Both had been taken and there hadn't been anything she could have done. If she would have stayed around her master, she too would have died. He had cast her away and warped her mind so she didn't remember what had happened in her childhood.

She looked at Parks as he spoke his story and nodded. Giving him a bit of a smile, Ra totally agreed with the sentiment of Madalena.

"I am thankful the two of you were in the right place together."

Even if her words were different, the message was meant to imply the same thing. She had no problem with him.

"Freedom to kill the slavers or do they need to be taken alive?"

His words indicated alive, but she sometimes had a difficult time keeping herself in check and accidents could happen.

"Don't worry I won't open any large holes in the ground under their feet. There are other methods."

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"]

Josh smiled lightly at the support of his friends, gently bowing his head in turn. “Thank you” He spoke softly. Well with that out of the way, he supposed it was time to get down to business.

The ship would begin to touch down. Coming into view was a series of half-circular buildings, linked together by a series of glass passages. In the center was a series of large containers being operated by cranes, though it was difficult to tell what the contents were.

Josh was taken aback by the sight of it. “What in the world...” He muttered. The tip about the facility never stated it was this advanced. “What kind of slave drive is this?”

Madalena made a face as Ra asked for permission to kill the slavers. No, no. That was not how it was done. First you murdered them in brutal ways, then you smiled innocently and if someone told you did wrong you replied with oopsie. Asking a Jedi in advance was a sure way to be denied more often than not.

As the ship began to sat down, Madalena took her seat as well, bringing out two knives which she then used to start sharpening against each other. There was nothing that could be done about it; the girl loved her knives, and sometimes when she needed to do something with her hands, sharpening them was a better alternative than others.

When Josh asked about the slave drive, glowing green eyes looked up, staring straight forward at what was before their eyes. "Huh?" she made a sound, and shrugged, "what's wrong with what we're seeing?"

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Riamah"]

There were other methods to kill people and Ra knew quite a few. Being a former assassin had done that as well as an alchemist. Neither of which she had participated in for a while now, but the knowledge never went away. No answer was provided though so she took it to mean she could do what was needed even if it turned lethal.

Activity went on around them smoothly and soon enough they were heading into land. The sight in front of them was different than any of them had seen before. It somehow looked a little familiar to Ra though. Pointing to the containers, she looked between Josh and Madalena.

"Those are the types of things I use while shipping merchandise on my fleet. I can't imagine keeping anything living in them though."

Maybe she had pointed out what was wrong or there was the chance they had been lead astray and this was something legitimate.

"To be completely honest with you lot, I'm not used to slaver camps being this... Advanced, I guess?" Josh would admit. "They're usually more simple, more obscure. Trying to be as in the background and rustic looking as possible to allay suspicion. But this looks like a full blown technological facility" He spoke up as he would look toward Ranger Parks. "Oi, Parks. You said this was the place, yeah?" Josh asked the Ranger as they would pull out a datapad and look through the records and mission briefings. "This is the place, Master Dragonsflame. I was told it was a large camp, though even I didn't expect it to be something like this."

Josh would hold out a hand and a scope would fly into it from nearby. Adjusting it, he would peer through the window of the ship, trying to find... Trying to find...

"A pair of armed guards are guiding a group of roughly clad folks by blasterpoint in that upper area" Josh would point out. "Could be a technological facility with some secrets... Or it's a cover-up for a slave operation. Hmmm..."

Swapping the scope to another mode, he would check the containers next. "Human cargo. Thought so. This is our confirmed spot. The plan stays the same. The girls and I make a big bassa boom and attract the attention of a good majority of their forces. The three of us can handle them just fine. While we're doing that, the Rangers will split up into teams and take the facility, while freeing what slaves you can. Alright, you have your orders. Let's do this."

Josh would allow the Rangers to get into position themselves while he would guide Maddy and Ra back to where Jongori was waiting. "R4, disengage Jongori" Josh would order into his comm as he would approach Jongori, before mounting the back of the dragon. There was just enough room for the girls, though, they'd need to squeeze in a bit on the saddle. "Come on, we've got no time to waste. We don't know what's going on down there, so it's probably good we act fast before they can hurt anyone even more. We'll attack aboard Jongori first up - best way to get their attention before landing - and once he's done some damage, we'll dismount and take them on foot with Jongori providing support."

"Because who'd think a fully advanced technological facility is a slaver's place?" Madalena shrugged. It was the same type of camouflage that the rusty places enabled – not in aesthetics, but in function.

It seemed that Josh was more or less of the same mind as she was. They'd go in, massacre the main forces, and others would deal with the actual slave freeing. All of that meant that Madalena's hands would remain clean when it came to the things she cared about. Perfect mission. Perfectly fun.

Double checking that her array of weapons were on her body, Madalena grinned and got up from her chair. "So we're all going to ride the dragon together?" she asked, winking at Josh, "didn't think you'd be into that group bestiality thing. Let's go!"

She hadn't had too much exposure to slave camps, but had dealt with slavers before. In fact all the servants she had on Vjun were former slaves that she had freed. This had been done long before she had ever met Josh, but he might have picked up on their former lives when he had met them. She had made them a new life and given them a new opportunity. All of them had stayed by their own choice and Ra had taken care of them.

"I haven't seen many slave camps personally and will take your word on this. Markets is where my knowledge rests."

Listening to the conversation going on between Josh, Parks and Madalena, there really wasn't much she could say for input. This was typical of her though. When she did speak, it was usually well thought out and planned. All she did was nod at the plans for the mission.

It was up to them to cause the distraction while the Rangers took the facility. Due to her past actions, it was probably the best choice to not expose her to the slaves. What actions she might do to the slavers dictated their slaves shouldn't see what she did. Though she had promised not to open any holes in the ground already.

Climbing into the saddle, it was a tight fit, but it was managed with her in the middle.

"I feel like sandwich meat here. Hopefully my deodorant holds out."

Not making any reaction to the flirt Madalena gave to Josh, she would wait until there was a better time to address that.

"That's a fair point" Josh would admit. "The camps I've gone to tried to pass off as things we wouldn't suspect for camps, like storage facilities and the like. I guess hiding in a tech facility isn't all that far-fetched. We'd best proceed with caution though... If they've got a place like this, odds are our enemies have far more advanced weaponry than what we're used to. Be ready."

As Jongori would take to the air as the chamber above them would open, Madalena would make her jokes. While [member="Riamah"] didn't say anything, Josh had a feeling he knew what was on her mind. But while she didn't respond... He certainly did. He slowly turned his head to look to the girls.

"Nothing compared to what Ra and I have done together in private."

He flashed the both of them a wicked grin, deciding to both address the remark as well as lighten up the mood for Ra. How they responded to that was up to them... But they would have to make it quick as Jongori would unleash a loud roar before diving down at top speed toward the camp. The entire camp would be alerted to Jongori after that and he knew that they'd be shooting at them soon. "GO!" Josh called to Jongori who would raise his head, and then send a large fireball down toward the camp, promptly exploding on impact. Josh would rather avoid casualties but in this case... Collateral damage happens. He knew that. It was when they were helpless or if the death was unnecessary that he didn't approve. And they were vastly outnumbered right now. They were not in control like before.

"You bantha krakker!" Madalena laughed freely, and it was the only thing she had time to retort with before Jongori went wild and gave the roar. Madalena laughed again, enjoying the wind blowing on her face and messing her hair up.

Fireballs came out of the dragon, hitting the ground. Madalena was surprised. Usually she was the one to be into collateral damage, with Josh being vehemently against it. Now… Were there people under where Jongori hit? She didn't know. Personally, she didn't care either, but she knew Josh would be besides himself if he'd learn that he killed a mass of slaves because he pulled a Jongori, I choose you! Thing.

"Let's chill with the fire until we have more intel on who's where," she screamed over the wind and flames, and without waiting for a reply, Madalena leaped from her seat.

Down and down she went, slowing her descension at the last minute to give herself a proper landing. Grinning, she stood amongst the flames without a shred of fear, and looked up to her friend and his companions, motioning for them to join her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom