Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Better Lost Than Found

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

Wearing: XxX.
Equipment: Basic Survival Gear.
Armament: Vibroblade Kukri Knives (x2); The Wraith Blades.
Companions: Maro & Nekram.
Tagging: Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn

XoUVtE9.png

They hadn't been seen yet, so for the time being they still maintained the upper hand. Palm wondered how they had found them. Her first guess, and hopefully the right one, was that they had seen him jump and fall the previous day. If they had been waiting for the mercenary to arrive, it was fairly reasonable to assume they had been keeping an eye on the atmosphere. However, her second guess was a bit more grim. If they were somehow tracking him, no matter where they went, they'd be found.

That didn't seem to be the case, they moved fast but the armed people seemed to be scouting the are rather than pursuing an already identified target. The thick foliage of the forest provided cover, and Palm kept her eye out for Nekran who was ahead of them looking for the best route. The geminaie remained close to the man, in case he needed assistance. The forest bed could prove to be tricky with two good legs, with a broken one it could become a fall waiting to happen. And they could not afford that right now.

She heard muffled voices of distant commands and comments, and the sound of foliage moving as their pursuers picked up space. But in a slightly different direction. It seemed as though Maro was attempting to lead them astray. A part of her feared for the hound, but she trusted its ability to remain unseen while in a landscape so similar to his natural habitat. Palm herself was heading for the place she had initially intended to lead them away from: the mountains.

There were caverns and caves hidden by rock formations, trees and tall bushes. It was a good place to hide, and the one she had in mind ran deep into the mountain and out into mountain pass, so even if found they wouldn't be trapped. She had explored it a few days earlier, and decided against returning after finding too many traces of cave jurgorans in the area. But right now it was daytime, meaning the jurgorans wouldn't be active, and they had a more pressing threat at hand. One bridge at a time.

When they reached the cave and were out of sight, Palm gestured for him to sit in a nearby rock. Now walking, with broken bones and a fever his state must have surely worsened. Then she walked towards the entrance of the cave, and once slightly outside, put her hands around her mouth and whistled. It sounded just like a bird-song, so natural and melodic and blending in well with the surroundings. However, it was much more than that. Palm was alerting Maro that they were safe and to find a way to backtrack to them using Nosk'lum, the mountain song language native to her home-world.

Then she turned back to Gastro, "Are you good?" She asked, checking in on him before going for the next, maybe more important question. "You really have no idea at all about why a group of people came out deep into the middle of nowhere, heavily armed, wanting business with you?" She didn't sound accusing - yet. But her tone did show she was a bit skeptic about all this. Nekran grunted, apparently wanting to be a part of the conversation while keeping his gaze on the entrance, waiting for the other hound.

Wearing: (The profile picture)
Equipment: MRE
Armament: R82 Precision Rifle ; The XR-18 Revolver ; Knife
Tags: Palm-Imer Palm-Imer

Renn followed keeping his balance and once entering the cave. She told him to shit down and Renn started counting on his fingers, carrying numbers and only stopping when he heard his real name called out. A few moments later he went back to counting dismissing all questions about the name. While he didn't know if she knew who he was, she may have heard it dropped before, he was a high end assassin and has done many assassinations for politicians.

He was almost completely stuck in his numbers when he heard a question directed at him, "I am fine." It was a cold statement and he was waiting for the one that followed it, "All will be explained in due time." This dropped no hints of what he was doing or what he had planned. Renn was satisfied with his numbers.

"There are forty-five men, fifteen in the trees, five spread out on each side of the troop. Ten were clearly heard and were meant to pull me out, ten lurked behind, waiting for me to take the bait." Pulling out some of his Revolver ammo, he unscrewed the top, pouring the gunpowder on the ground. "They will be inside the cave in five minutes. This is my ammo, it will explode with little stress, don't step on it."

Renn knew that if they were in the open, they'd stand no chance, but in the cave they could be on their own terms. These men clearly knew how Renn fought so he would use a different way. Knowing that the cave would be dangerous the further they dwell, Renn asked, "Can you get me to walk in five minutes, if you faint I will carry you." The statement was blunt and he hated the implications of needing the force, but it was necessarily for their survival. This was Kenthal's men, highly trained warriors.

Renn watched the hound, pulling up the blaster, he pulled out the clip. Renn didn't want the weapon to discharge while he was using it in a melee fashion.

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

XoUVtE9.png

Palm heard the name being called out, and a feeling of wrongness settled in her stomach. It was familiar, but she couldn't immediately place it. Renn Garrick. As she gave it more thought, allowing the name to wander through her mind until it met its match, she payed attention to Gastro's words. A slight frown settled over her brow, discontent with his response. She was sticking her neck out for the stranger, when she could have easily given up on him and not receiving an answer to her question didn't sit well with her.

For the time being, however, she said nothing and allowed the distrust and skeptical feeling that the injured mercenary was inspiring to grow. Maro appeared at the entrance of the cave soon enough, rejoining his black-furred counterpart. Palm's attention was placed on the mercenary once more as he explained his outlook on their current situation. That were some serious skills, being able to pinpoint the amount of pursuers and figure out their plan with such little observation. In any other situation, maybe his proficiency would have brought her comfort - it was always good to have skilled partners - but now it just felt...strange.

With a mostly inevitable confrontation upon them, Palm willed her mind to focus on the threat at hand, the armed men looking for them. It bothered her, deeply, not being able to know which side she was fighting for, the good or the bad, but right now it seemed like ignorance was her only option. The geminaie gave a command to Maro and Nekran and the Hounds began moving deeper into the cave until they disappeared, towards the mountain pass. She didn't want them there when things went down.

Then, Gastro spoke again and she was surprised to hear he was agreeing to the Force Healing. It wasn't a matter of stamina to her, she had the energy to heal him, just not the appropriate skill. "I'll do my best." Her voice was harsher than it had been before, but determined. Without losing any more time, she reached through the Force and set her concentration to the task of mending what she could of his leg mainly. One of her hands pointed at his leg, trying to better direct the flow of the Force. He would feel the pain lessen as well as the swelling, and although she was sure she hadn't manage to completely weld the bone back it should be enough for him to move.

She inhaled deeply right after she was done, trying to catch her breath for she had mostly stopped breathing while she focused. Hopefully it'd be enough. Her hands now lingered at her sides, ready to grab onto her guard shotos that were clipped to the back of her belt whenever the situation demanded.

Renn sat there during the process, listening to the footsteps as they drew near. While he expected them not to know they were in here, they would still check. Once his leg was done and she had finished, Renn stood, testing the leg as he opened the R82. As soon as the first person entered the cave, he used the weapon to snap on the man's neck tearing it out. The man's squad mate also stepped in, shouting when the other man got pulled. Renn quickly picked up the knife from the first man, stabbing the shouting man in the neck, pulling his body down.

Walking a step outside, he was met with blaster fire as he expected he would. Though he was quick enough to get back in, he got the message. "They're forming a breaching formation on the entrance, you get the two on the left, I'll get the two on the right." The enemies quietly moved in as Renn pulled his first man in, delivering a quick stab to the man's heart and throwing the knife into his second. Pulling the knife off the first man's belt he turned to assist his companion if needed. Once it was finished he motioned to follow him down the cave.

As he walked, he assumed she was behind him but didn't really know. It didn't matter because at the entrance of the cave was a blast when the men finally stepped on Renn's trap. The cave shook but stopped, the front must've closed because light had stopped coming in. "They will be removing rocks and making a path until dark and if needed they will do it through the day. As long as nothing that we can't handle lives in here, we will survive the night." Then it hit Renn, the shockwave of pain from his wrist, he had zoned it out, but now regretted punching one of the men. This caused him to stop for a second and take a deep breathe but he quickly continued.

"I assume you wish for me to explain..." Renn said, a little remorse. "As I'm sure you've figured out, my name is Renn, I do my job, I do it well." For all he knew she was just a native, and wouldn't even know about the man who killed governors and kings. Though the name she gave may have been fake, that is always in his mind about new people, but without his equipment he couldn't check.

Renn sat in the pitch black not even waiting for a light source before he started pulling out ammo and cleaning his R82 of the blood. He had closed off the cave assuming she needed the rest due to healing him, either way he needed time to get his revolver working and the barrel of his R82 straight. "May I see my XR, the revolver that was on me, I wish to repair it." The statement was plain, just a simple question, if light filled the tunnel from a source he didn't care, he needed to get to work.

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

XoUVtE9.png

So much for enjoying the reminder of her short vacation. Palm muttered under her breath, inaudible words in her mother tongue expressing her discontent. She had not intended for things to go like this, but there was no point in complaining about what was unchangeable. The soldiers, mercenaries...whatever they were had found their way to the cave, and a confrontation would not be avoided. The Ambassador did not enjoy killing. Specially not in a planet that was as balanced in the Force as Odessen was, that had housed her and that would now see her bring unduly darkness onto it.

Knowing that the Hounds were away from danger, Palm unclipped her guard shotos and ignited their almost invisible blades. They made no noise whatsoever, no familiar buzz or swoosh that usually characterized these weapons. Completely silent, barely seen, and leaving behind a trail of after-images whenever they moved. The name bestowed to them by her fellow knights at the Soller Navah was fitting, the wraith blades. She steeled her feelings as the man moved to take down the first two that neared the cave.

When it was time to move, Palm did so swiftly and efficiently. She drew upon the Force to increase her speed and after a brief moment the two she had to take care of where down, clean punctures of her lightsaber granting them quick and painless deaths. She could feel the tug of darkness within her, killing people she had nothing against didn't sit well with her. Getting her hands dirty for a purpose she was ignorant of made her feel no better than the next ruthless killer. But she kept her anger at bay, for now, as she followed Renn back into the cave and heard as the trap went off closing the entrance. She drew once more on the Fore, allowing her eyes to see despite the darkness.

Her saber were still ignited, her reverse grip keeping the handles and the blades parallel to her forearms. Renn Garrick. She had heard of him. It clicked in her mind now. "Your job being killing anyone so long as the price is right?" She bit back, her voice cold and harsh. Palm was no angel and she didn't paint herself in that light. But she had her own code, and every life she ever took was either defending herself or the ones she cared about, her people, Geminidae. Until today, today she had cut two lives short...to save a murderer.

Continuing the pull on his barrels, he slowly managed to align them. It appeared he would not be getting his revolver. "If you are asking if I'm a mercenary then yes." That was at least what he got from the question. "We do have a while, if you wish to ask me questions, I will answer all I can, I do owe you that." While Renn didn't have to even make this remark, he assumed it would comfort her as she was in a cave who pissed off clans out of boredom.

Quietly sitting there he pulled out the knife he gathered off the man's corpse and walked back towards to entrance for extra supplies. He had then realized the weapon that he had been given was gone, must've been pulled out of the holster during the fight. As he was near the entrance he looked around, if his party followed him he knew. Standing there above a hand separated from the body due to rocks. He pulled a pistol out the man's limp grip.

With his new pistol he eyed it, already stripping out the middle and putting his own rotating barrel in, sliding in his ammo. It was a crude weapon that may last about six shots before it lost its use. Continuing around the rocks he quietly counted limbs, figuring that the trap had caused three deaths at least, there may be others dead on the other side or under.

If he listened closely he could hear the tink of tools on rock, as they tried to loosen the rocks to pull out easier. Walking back he was silent, nightfall was come and he expected the beasts of the caves to be awakening soon.

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

XoUVtE9.png

For a moment Palm remained silently simmering in her anger, trying to decide whether the man was trying to play it off or hoping she had never heard of his name. She already knew he was a mercenary, and she was in no place to judge a common mercenary, but Renn Garrick was more than that. He had killed innocent people for his own pursuits, he was a terrorist. Palm's breathing was slightly heavy, angry at him and at herself for having helped him in the first place. Yet now was not the time to act rashly, not when there was a team of people hunting them and they were trapped in a cave infested with jurgorans.

The geminaie then resorted to one of her specie's abilities, drowning her anger and making herself more tolerant and patient. Manipulating one's own personality was no easy fit, but the Ambassador and soll'kai was well practiced in the art. Her amber gaze followed Renn, and she moved after him when he did, wanting to keep an eye on him. "Renn Garrick. Killed innocent people for money and a fool's shot at destabilizing the confederacy. Why?" She asked, her voice not as venomous now that her anger had been dampened bit still harsh and sharp.

She knew he wasn't appropriately armored and that soon enough they'd be in danger again, but she'd be lying if she said she was worried about his well-being right now. Palm did not allow herself to be distracted by the sounds of the working men trying to clear the rubble. Night had fallen, and just like they'd have to face the cave jurgorans, the men outside would have to fend off shadow stalkers. They were deep within their territory after all. It would slow them down, if not kill them.

Soon enough, growls began being heard in the distance and reverberating through the cave. Light flickers of dim light hinting at their presence in the dark. Cave jurgorans were bioluminescent, at least that made them easier targets against the shadows of the cave. Reluctantly, Palm pulled out her remaining blaster and handed it to the man. She didn't need more than her sabers. "You are on your own." She warned. Palm wouldn't leave him with no fighting chance, but she sure has hell would not backtrack to help him if things got rough. Her objective right now was reaching the mountain pass, finding Maro and Nekran and leaving Odessen. That was it.

Guard-shotos ignited, and practically invisible in the darkness of the cave if it wasn't for their faint glow, she began her advance deeper into the corridors of the cavern. Drawing on the force to concentrated on her surroundings, Palm kept track of the creatures moving about. It didn't take long before they began moving towards both of them with incredible speed and terrifying screeches. The first two reached Palm, and the geminaie maneuvered swiftly around them to parry the slashes of their claws.

One of her shotos came down severing the front paw of one Jurgoran while the second one, misjudging her movement for an opening, jumped right towards the blade of her second saber which went through its chest. One dead, and the other still disoriented by the pain, she delivered the killing blow to the remaining one before continuing to press on, not a glance spared towards Renn nor the three jurgorans that had chosen to go after him.

Armament: R82 Precision Rifle ; The XR-18 Revolver ; Knife ; Crude weapon

Renn listened quietly his focus returning to his fellow traveler when she started speaking. "I knew it was pointless, I counted on it. I just needed to prove a point, now I have many innocent men under my grave along with police, and I believe one of the police squads was lead by a Jedi. Matters not, what's done is done." Eventually they finished he walked back to where they were, picking up some rocks off the ground testing there wait. Quietly he took a seat.

When she put the pistol down, Renn quietly stated, "Thank you for everything you have done for me. There is air flowing through here I believe, if you follow it you should find a second exit." Remaining in his seat, his mind filled with thoughts, stopped by the sound of the creatures fighting her. Once he heard the noise no longer he returned to his thought.

Stopping once again when he heard the sound of feet. The man calmly remained, wrapping a rope around the stones and his broken wrist. This would act as a second splint, but not last for too long. It would however help him make punches and grab things better without his bones sliding his grip. Standing, he stared into the face of the bioluminescent creature. Grabbing it by its neck he slammed its head into the wall, an audible crack coming from both points of impact.

There were two more, trying to surround him. Firing at the ceiling of the cave with his R82 he shot a piece of pointy rock, that impaled the first one through the head. The last one was closing the distance, but a .50 cal round put it down, a clean hole through the front, a ripped one through the back.

Quietly he returned to his seated position, his R82 laying in front of him. Thats when it caught back up to him, the fever he was suppressing. Shaking his head, the fight must've opened his wrist breakage even more, causing his body to need more power. A migraine forming he looked back at the left blaster, it rocked a little before returning to a neutral position.

Getting his head back he returned to his thinking, when he heard an explosion at the cave entrance. Assuming that the enemies finally made a hole to place an explosive. There was yelling at the cave entrance, not in a battle cry, but terror. Walking outside he watched as the forest burnt, men firing at animals. The one who must've set off the explosive in front of Renn, now just a torso and legs with most of it gone.

Trees fell in front of him as he took a step out, the place had gone to shit, man fighting animal. Stepping back into the cave he quietly waited for the fighting to die down.

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

XoUVtE9.png

Palm had heard his thanks, but did not issue a response. It would be wrong to say she regretted helping him, at that point in time she did not know of his identity or actions and leaving him then to die would have been worse than her current situation. Still, that did not mean she had to like it or act as if the discovery was the same to her. Palm had a kind heart, one she had learnt to stop listening to a long time ago when the occasion demanded.

She had every intention of continuing her way down the passages of the cave and towards the mountain pass, no matter how many cave jurgorans decided to get between her and her destination. But a ripple in the Force stopped her. Behind her, she could feel how several lives were snuffed out, even the trees' distress at the flames that licked their ancient trunks. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to down the feeling and convince herself to press forwards. But she couldn't. She didn't want to cross paths with Garrick again, but she coudn't turn a blind eye to unnecessary suffering she had a hand in provoking.

The geminaie turned back, and using the Force to enhance her speed quickly made it back to the entrance of the cave, now blown open for a second time. She passed by Renn, not sparing him a glance, and took to the work that she so hated. To those wounded beyond repair she delivered a grace a hit, so that their suffering did not last for longer than it needed to. As for the shadow stalkers, those too deep in their frenzy would also fall to her lightsabers but the ones she could she scared away back into the forest. Evading blaster bolts and fighting was no easy task, but with the Force on her side enhanced by the nexus that covered all of Odessen she had the strength and speed to do it.

Then there was the matter of the fire. Palm could not aid the forest, she did not have the skills to stop it and it went against her ways. The soll'nav did not influence the land, the balance and the destiny was not theirs to change. Her heart ached at the thought of having nature perish by a grudge between sentients. But there was no use in lamenting that which she could not avoid. For one last time, guard shotos still ignited, she looked towards the entrance of the cave where she knew Renn awaited. There were still some soldiers living around her, but after the display they had been discouraged to continue their assault on her.

There was no goodbye, no 'may the force be with you'. Only something that looked a lot like disapointment shining behind her amber eyes. And then she left, her form lost between the flames and the foliage. Maro and Nekran would find their way back to her soon, and then she would leave Odessen. A dark ending to a stay that had been marked by its peacefulness. Maybe the galaxy had no more to offer her, but death and shadows.

Armament: R82 Precision Rifle ; The XR-18 Revolver ; Knife ; Crude weapon

Renn quietly took a step back outside when more had died down, hearing a shout in the distance. Turning he watched a sword fly in between him and a man. Flames burnt around them, shots could still be heard, most men had fled. The man Renn looked at was the Cartel leader, the man who had no tongue due to the Mercenary.

Nodding he knew what came next. Knowing that with his fever he would never make it to the sword he backed up into the shadows. Quietly waiting in the darkness the man kept shouting, trying to form words. Renn came down from above, kicking the man across the head. While the leader barely took a step back, he did appear to be bleeding now.

They engaged in hand to hand combat, a sword coming from the tongueless warrior. They were trading times to take shots. While the leader hit none of his, Renn hit almost all of his. Then he made a misstep, bringing his already broken wrist to defend a sword. It cut into his wrist getting stuck on the bone.

The cartel leader grinned at Renn, his teeth white. At that point the mercenary was in a moment of shock, before snapping out of it. Bringing his boot up and down on the swords blade he finished the cut causing the other man to lose his grip. Renn picked up the sword beheading the man with cold precision. Falling to his knees, Renn stared at where his hand once was.

It was cold out, everything was on fire, yet Renn could still feel the breeze in the night. Standing up, he felt sorry for the one he had wronged, not the leader but, his companion. To think he had not gotten her name, assuming that she would hide it from a man who fell from the sky. Standing, Renn quietly walked into the burning forest towards his destination.

12 hours later...

Walking to his craft, police gathered a street over staring at a dead body. No one suspected the Mercenary with one hand quietly walking to loading bay six. Once he arrived his ship was there, and stepping in he went to his bed, pulling the clip he had gathered from his travel. He stared at it for a long time as the ship took off. Placing it on a shelf with pictures of old friends, and other memorandum from former friends. Nodding at the shelf he made his way to the medical bay. The clip still stood erect on the shelf, next to his helmet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom