Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Served Cold

Attn: [member="Anya Malvern"]
  • SRV Argent Dawn
    Star Destroyer, Deep Space

The warlord's opening attack was unsuccessful in landing a hit on his opponent, but Wolfe was still probing the young woman's defenses. Knowing he could not win, he decided to make use of the situation to force her to hold nothing back, his plan being that he would later dissect the mock "duel" in his mind.

Then the girl struck. Wolfe brought his lightsaber around as fast as he could, the black blade hissing and crackling through the air, it clashed with Anya's orange blade just as it was about to hit his back, a blow which, if this had been a real duel, would have instantly killed him. Wolfe managed to deflect the strike, if only barely, but this was only the beginning of the girl's attacks.

Next came a vicious series of flurries, the girl striking blow after blow at a speed which far exceeded his own. Putting as much effort into it as he could, Wolfe managed to block and deflect most of the attacks, but he was tapped twice on the arm and once on his left leg, attacks which would have singed his skin, if not damaged the muscle, if this had been a real fight.

She was wearing him down and Wolfe knew it. However, the warlord had his own tricks up his sleeve and was not beaten yet, though he would not last much longer. Seeing an opening, Wolfe pirouetted a step back, dodging under her orange blade and putting himself outside of her lightsaber's reach for a brief moment. Using the short time at his disposal, he feigned right, knowing she would see through it and expect an attack from the left... Which is why Wolfe attacked again from the right, with an upwards diagonal slash, which then turned into a backhanded downwards cut.

[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

She was grace, a beauty to fire and death. Her speed blinding as she was at her limit. However she was finally beaten, when he feigned and then feigned again she watched the slash as it hit her and moved back as she gasped coughing a bit as she looked up at him....damn he was good...then again had already be more injured then her in a real fighr...

your good Mr Wolfe, holding your own against a force user isn't easybwithout numbers and yet you held off and managed to land a blowing kill to me

She bowed before she rose and smiled, she was impressed by this man...she wondered if he would do jobs jobs later on in the future or possibly be a good alky, for now she wondered what was next

Attn: [member="Anya Malvern"]
  • SRV Argent Dawn
    Star Destroyer, Deep Space

Wolfe felt his slash carry through and connect with his opponent. In a real fight, this would have been a killing blow and this had surprised the warlord as much as it had surprised Anya. He did not expect to win, though he did not let his surprise show.

Instead, Wolfe pulled back and extinguished his lightsaber, clipping it back onto his belt. His breath was heavy and ragged, a sign of the effort he had put into the sparring match. Anya was a worthy sparring partner and she had won the warlord's respect.

He gave her a respectful nod. "You are an amazing fighter, yourself, my lady. Although I managed to gain the upper hand this time, the match wasn't going in my favor and I believe your skills are far superior to mine," he said to her. His words weren't lies, or tools in a mind game, not this time. He meant what he said.

Changing the subject, Wolfe decided to inform her about their location. "The Argent Dawn is within three hours of the imperial border. As promised a hyperdrive-equipped shuttle will be made ready for you, within an hour. I am sorry we could not see you all the way through to your home, but you must understand that because of your husband's actions, the situation is... delicate. I'd rather not provoke an imperial attack against this ship."

A Lambda-class shuttle would await her in the hangar. It wasn't an expensive spacecraft, so its loss would be of no consequence to the Shrouded Republic and Wolfe could afford to replace it out of his own pockets, with ease. He decided, however, to also give Anya a means of contacting him in the future, in the form of an encrypted channel which would allow her to send a pre-recorded message to a hidden holonet address. From there, it would reach him by means which he did not disclose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom