Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BeLIEve

Zymon

Don't y'all know nothin'?
The Wookiee council was in an uproar. You could hear it all the way on the surface of Kashyyyk. Another mysterious and unanswered raid left a Wookiee village in embers. The stench of burned hair could be smelled for miles. Male, female, and children alike, none had been spared. The fire had also left no traces of who or what could have committed these atrocious acts. The council was demanding answers. It had been the fifth attack this standard galactic week.

"I can tell you who it was." Roared an elder Wookiee. "It has to be that hermit living on our world. I've been telling you for years he was trouble. We need to capture him!" A majority of the council roared in agreement. Who else could have caused such grief and aggravation. "It may be smart to look to others for backup. This threat could be more than just one humanoid." Others also bellowed in agreement. As plans were being made to stage a search party for their surface dwelling hairless murderer, something else had been going on far below them.

"Get off a' me!" Spat Zymon, as a tach jumped onto his shoulder. Their shrieking could cause him even more trouble should a large predator, or even worse, a Terentatek, use their shrieks to locate a quick snack. He grabbed the small creature by the scruff of the neck and threw it against a large rock formation. It yelped when its' back came in contact with the hard surface. Zymon pulled his crossbow from his back and pull a bolt through its' neck. "Hmph....ain't no four course meal, but you'll make a nice appetizer." He pulled the bolt from the creature's neck and hung his catch from his belt.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra watched the man and spoke, making her voice loud enough for Zymon to hear. Though, he would hear her, she remained hidden in the shadows while she watched him and studied the reaction to her voice. "Well, that wasnt quite nice there, you didn't have to through it if you were going to kill it in then end. And i very much hope you aren't a poacher, i really do hate poachers." She leaned against the tree that hid her from him, if his eyes were skilled enough though, he would see her silver eyes just barely due to the way the light hit them, otherwise her dark robes would hid her beyond the ability to see with the human eye. That is assuming hes human. @[member="Zymon"]

Vulpesen Faded back into the shadows. Being trained by Amarans had left him with a natural ability in the ways of stealth, which was further increased by the stygium crystal tucked away in his jacket pocket. Vulpesen took care to hide his force presence as he beheld the dark jedi and the hermit. He'd hear reports of distress among the Wookies and had come to see if he could help. Though not a full fledged jedi, Vulpesen was still a diplomat at heart and was completely comfortable with flying to Kashyyk on a solo mission. Still, he was uneasy about the new force sensitive in the area, and he wasn't quite ready to reveal himself to a possible threat just yet. A primitive hermit was one thing. A person with a lightsaber was something else.
"Well that wasn't quite nice there, you didn't have to throw it if you were going to kill it in the end. And I very much hope you aren't a poacher, I really do hate poachers." The words soothed him just a bit. Words of mercy and justice were a good start for the Jedi padawan, and though he was still unsure about the nature of this woman, he was at least sure she wasn't likely to torture him if he was found.

Zymon

Jerking around toward the large tree behind him, crossbow coming up to his level gaze, his grey eyes darted toward the direction the voice was heard. Been a while since anyone had gotten the jump on him like that. "So what if I am? What's it to you? Some kinda animal lover or somethin'?" He asked the feminine voice hiding behind the large trunk. Lucky for her, if it hadn't been there, he wouldn't had hesitated to put a bolt through her eyes. Assuming she had eyes. This dark unforgiving forest had turned him into a "shoot first, ask questions later" kind of guy.

Zymon's aimed projectile jerked quickly to where he'd sworn he caught glimpse of another in the thick brush of the Kashyyyk floor. A split second later it was trained back to the tree. "What'd you do? Bring backup? Smart." He asked as he began slowly backing toward the cover of the thick vegetation. He needed to get back to his ship, but he couldn't risk leading these newcomers to his hideout.

@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"], @[member="Vulpesen"]

Alexandra Feanor

"You know, you should learn to be less hostile." The voice seemed to project it self from one direction than another and than another, as if the sound was being jumbled around in his head. "You could hurt someone, and as for the other person here, that is not my doing..." There was a pause before she spoke again, as if checking something she was going to say. "A force sensitive at that, learn to hide your signature." Her void went silent again, before sounding somewhere nearby above Zymon. "And if your gonna shoot me im up above you." Even if he did fire upwards or look for her, she would be hidden in the shadows about a few meters up on a thick branch, the only possible shot would clip her arm if he knew where she was. @[member="Zymon"] @[member="Vulpesen"]

@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]. Vulpesen cursed himself for being found, as a padawan it was obvious that he wouldn't be able to truly hide himself, yet he wasn't quite done with his tricks. "And what if I was fine with letting that little part of me out?" His words bounced around as well as he used the force to his advantage once again, carrying an elusive bluff to hide his inexperience as a Jedi.
@[member="Zymon"]. "As for you, I must agree with the other. I came here for diplomatic reasons and pointing that primitive weapon at anyone who comes near, doesn't exactly help your case." Having never been one to deal with armed negotiations, Vulpesen waggled a finger, exerting his will over the crossbow and moving it out of Zymon's grasp, but not towards himself lest he give away his location.

Zymon

"Learnin' to be hostile is what's kept me alive." His eyes darted from echo to echo though his bolt was continually trained in the same area. His ears pricked when he heard Force sensitive. He'd faced and defeated various Force infused dark creatures, but had never faced any sentient users before. With two in his midst, now wasn't the time to mess around.

"Ain't never met nobody who says they ain't gonna hurt you while not showin' their faces." He mentioned as he continued to retreat. The girls voice was all around him, but he relied straight on his instincts, when suddenly his crossbow was knocked from his grip. Zymon growled as his crossbow energized and shot out an energized bolt that hit the corner of the tree trunk where he'd first heard the voice. Tree bark exploded upon contact, and in the confusion, Zymon made for the covering of the thick brush hoping to lose his new friends in the dark underbrush. After all, he'd faced worse, and he currently had bigger issues to deal with. It was getting dark.

@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"], @[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen watched him run, and unsure of Alexandra's nature, he kept hidden, moving with @[member="Zymon"] through the arboreal terrain. "I'm not worried about you. It's our mutual friend within the trees." Alexandra's location was becoming clearer, but he'd yet to pinpoint it as he himself was also attempting to mask himself within the force, something that was increasingly difficult as he chased the hermit through the dark forest.

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra laughed to herself as she moved from high branch to high branch, it was amazing how they were reacting. Though she hand been spared injury, just barely at that, the two still intrigued her and she was force to follow thanks to her curiosity. Her own signature, or rather the direction she was in, was now like a bright light to Volpesen. He would feel her right above @[member="Zymon"], jumping from branch to branch and watching both him and @[member="Vulpesen"] but doing nothing hostile. Her own aura of energy would be clear now, it would be darker, but not to the point of the sith. An interesting case as she also had a large degree of light mixed with the dark, and her intentions were clearly readable through the force. There was no hostility or anger, no threat coming from her at all. Just an eerie calmness and curiosity flowing from her.

As @[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"] finally appeared to his senses, Vulpesen would relax. It was against everything he had learned as an adventurer, but that life was over. He was a jedi now and his training had already enhanced several of his abilities. He finally let his stealth fade away, appearing in the force. His mark held traces of darkness, the beast that always lay under the surface of his jedi mask, but for the most part he radiated light.
@[member="Zymon"] "Your efforts are admirable but I doubt you can outrun the power of the force. Perhaps we can talk?" He allowed the man to hear him directly. Someone had to show a sign of trust, and who better than a jedi to do so.

Zymon

Ugh...Force users. Always thinking they were better than everyone else, showing off, trying to make people feel inferior. They may have the Force, but they didn't know the planet like he did. He knew of the Force, another older hermit who had passed away during his third year here had talked of it much. The entire forest floor was filled with Darkside energies, from the plant life to the creatures.

He heard movement above him and knew there was no out running two Force users. Lucky for him, he was a survivor, and knew how to survive without the Force.

Instantly, Zymon disappeared from view. He'd found the location he'd been looking for. A cave opening in the forest floor that led to a myriad of underground tunnels. If these Force users attempted to locate him through the Force, his puny grey signature would be swallowed up by the strong presence of the Darkside taint of the forest. If they were to pursue him, they'd have to do it with Force tracking his signature. That was cheating anyways. Besides, the tunnels were his lair, and many traps lay in wait for any poor soul who ventured in without knowing the layout.

@[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]

Vulpesen stopped just outside of the cave, letting out a short growl. "I hate when people do that." Reaching out with the force, he brushed the minds of the animals around him. "Help me, please." Having been raised by a speicies filled with beast traders, Vulpesen's beast speak was abnormally strong, near the level of an experienced knight. After all, he had to have someone to entertain him when he got bored on Amar. Answering his plea, a group of Tach chattered and ran into the hole with Vulpesen behind them. The darkside hit him like a cloud of thick smaug, but he pushed further. He promised the Wookies he would help them, and he'd be damned if he didn't figure out what was going on. "Really!? I ask for a talk and you jump in here. That's rather rude you know!" His voice echoed through the tunnels as he spoke. He wanted to make sure the man knew where he was, and exactly what is intentions were. @[member="Zymon"] @[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]

Alexandra Feanor

Since @[member="Zymon"] had chosen to disappear she turned her focus on @[member="Vulpesen"], watching him and waiting for something more to happen as she sat down on the branch. There wasn't much to do until the jedi started moving again so she watched him, her feet hanging of the side in plain view should the jedi look up.

Ping
Clink
Whiiir

Where the barely audible sounds that ensued once Andreas launched a hook from his gauntlet that proceeded to fly silently and invisibly through the air and attach to a ceiling of the cave, shoot another hook from itself that was connected to it by a cable that traveled with swift abandon towards @[member=Zymon]'s leg or atleast where it would be once he took another step, which was likely as he was in the midst of running. Once it clamped onto the hermit's leg, the cable would retract, pulling him up and suspending him upside down and helpless from the ceiling. Should it miss, it would just shoot another one.

The masked bounty hunter/mercenary/assassin/sith apprentice walked from behind his hiding spot with his hand on a holstered gun at his hip, walking slowly towads the suspended hermit. He spoke with a voice deep and smooth enough to convince a person he might just be a droid.
"Don't worry, they want you alive"

Vulpesen continued on with the tach. He'd lost a few to the traps but he had managed to track Zymon to the trap that wasn't his. His rational mind was completely serious, and very grumpy with the appearance of an obvious bounty hunter, but rational wasn't exactly a way to describe Vulpesen on the outside. "How's it hanging?" He asked @[member="Zymon"]. He walked over casually, keeping his hand on his vibroblade, just in case. He a cast a glance to the bounty hunter @[member="Andreas Wintergreen"] and flashed a lopsided grin to break any possible tension. "And may I ask who 'they' are?

Zymon

Dodging the traps set around him, Zymon knew the Tach chasing him were dwindling. Soon enough, his pursuer would lose him. Then suddenly, he sensed something was off. He was about to slow down when suddenly his leg got caught in a cable as his body was being dragged on the dusty floor. Soon enough he found himself hanging, suspended from the ceiling. He had lost his crossbow in the process. It came to a skidding halt in from of the bounty hunter's feet. He quickly made an assessment of his situation, not making any sudden movements. He was caught...for now.

As he spun in a slow circle from the cable, he saw the Tach entering the small Ron followed by the blonde investigator. As he continued to spin, he then caught glimpse of the hunter. "Let me go!" He barked. "I didn't do nothin'!" He reached to feel the thickness and type of cable used to restrain him. "And what's with all this talk about 'helping my case' and 'they want you alive'?" He grunted, "Man, I don't even know what the hell you're talkin' 'bout. But what I do know, it ain't smart stickin' 'round in these caves for too long." He warned cryptically, a small smug grin flashed across his face as he let out a small chuckle. It was obviously an "inside joke", but they'd get the punchline soon enough.

@[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Andreas Wintergreen"], @[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]

Alexandra Feanor

She immediately felt the new presence and the change in situation, and without even thinking she moved quickly till she saw Wintergreen and dropped to the ground where she stood with her face and body shrouded by her hood and robes. In her hands through were her sabers as she stared at @[member="Andreas Wintergreen"] then glanced at @[member="Zymon"]. "Im sorry, but the man in the net is not to be taken to the wookies, that ok with you?" Her tone was both calm and had a warning to it, almost challenging Wintergreen to show hostility.

Vulpesen looked to Alexandra and the bounty hunter. If tension broke out, then things would likely go south VERY fast. "If I may suggest, perhaps our friend here can go to the Wookies himself. I'll make sure that you get paid, but at the same time, I don't think that hauling him to his fate like some kind of criminal will help with the negotiations. Vulpesen took another look around the area. "Does that sound fair?" He walked to @[member="Zymon"] and placed his vibroblade next to the cord. "I'll keep you alive should things go sour."
@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"] @[member="Andreas Wintergreen"]

Your average gunslinger would usually have to glance at the very least down at his holstered weapon pefore he pulls it out. It takes him at least two seconds to draw it and by that time, the opponent already has a pretty good idea of what's to happen next and has probably already gone into evasive/preventive action. With that said, soon as @[member=Vulpesen] finds himself two feet away from the bounty hunter, Andreas performs a tactical quickdraw, pulling his blaster out of it's holster in about one half of a second and taking another half to fire it. A black bolt is launched from the weapon and travels toward the jedi. Luckily for him, the pistol was set on stun, making this a non-lethal move. Andreas isn't really a people person. Despite his speed, Andreas has no delusions of this working on a force-sensitive so this only serves as a warning not to interfere or get that close to him on his own accord again.

Hearing the @[member=Zymon]'s words and ignoring @[member=Alexandra Shadowstalker]'s, he does not reply. His words are reserved for tactical use only. They are not used idly or in vain. And frankly, talking or negotiating with either of these two would not further the completion of his mission. He's not getting paid to discuss terms with random people. He circles the man and cuffs his hands behind his back, promptly deactivating the grappling hook, which through the hermit's previous observation could be seen as soundsteel. The grapple detatches from the cieling and clamps itself onto Zymon's legs, restricting them from goin anything faster than walking speed as he falls to the ground. Holstering his pistol, he prodds the hermit's back with his repeat blaster rifle, a universally known hint to start walking.

The dark side might have swirled around him, but Vulpesen 's jedi training was still reliable. For most people the timing would have been far too fast, but for a jedi it was a normal speed. Vulpesen quickly spun to the right and drew his lightsaber, igniting it and illuminating the cavern's walls. It might have been a training saber, but Andreas didn't need to know that. "I don't suggest taking another shot." His voice came out as a growl. Had he not had jedi reflexes, he would be twitching on the ground and the thought that such a measure had been attempted made him sick. He hated when bounty hunters tried to shoot him for any reason. "Let's start again. You will release the man, or I will personally slice apart every piece of equipment you have." @[member="Zymon"] @[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"] @[member="Andreas Wintergreen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom