Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Before You Go (To War)

GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png

Outfit: xxx
Tag: Justice Lesan Justice Lesan

For the first time since her arrival on Coruscant, Hollis felt dread. It had been creeping up on her the past few days, no matter how she tried to ignore it. As she returned to her dorm after a training class, she noticed the rather urgent pace everyone seemed to have. People moved with purpose, their expressions brave as the Jedi in the temple prepared for… war.

The notion of war sat in the pit of her stomach like a rock.

In fact, it had even soured her normal cravings for comfort food. As Hollis stepped into her quarters and sat on the couch, her body didn’t want to be still. And it all had to do with one person: Justice Lesan.

He’d warned Hollis that this might happen after the trip to Ilum, but only now was it setting in. With only basic training and no master to guide her yet, Hollis knew she wasn’t ready to set foot on Ilum again. She’d probably be a liability. She wished she could do something to help… yet she also wished that he didn’t have to go.

Hollis sprang up and ran for the door.

She drew a deep breath and focused on Justice. His presence in the force was familiar now, one she could hone in on with some effort — but it was getting easier to do. Her feet started moving, carrying her to a hangar bay… she’d never even been there before. It wasn’t long before she saw him, her eyes confirming what the force had already told her. She closed the gap between them.

“I just wanted to say,” Hollis started, breathless. “…hi.” She couldn’t bring herself to say goodbye. Hollis had wanted to see him, and now that she did… the corner of her smile quivered slightly.

M A I N T E N E N C E
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png
Wearing: xxx
Arm: xxx
War was an ugly thing, and there was never a time when a good Jedi rushed into it with the excitement of a mad man. Justice was no different. His injuries had been enough of a teacher to form the opinion that it was not a whim or a fancy thought which drove the best of warriors to clash with the enemy. It was devastating business, and people would die. It meant the cause needed to be just.​
In this case, they were being attacked, again. Ilum was the target, and Justice had seen first hand the maneuvers which had already been made against it, against the New Jedi Order specifically. Kyber crystals had been stolen, and even more was in threat of being destroyed. The same part of Justice which could sit idle when Tython was attacked rose up within him with the same resolve for this encounter.​
Justice was fidgety. Every “what if” rolled around in his head, and the only thing which calmed his mind was doing something. He had informed Hollis which only added to the thoughts in his mind. The other battles the people he cared about either went with him or their group had been dispersed about. This was the first time he was going to war with what he could only consider an attachment of some kind, and he wanted to return not only for himself, but for her.​
He could feel her approaching as he was working on something underneath his ship. Grabbing the grease rag in his back pocket, Justice wiped his hands clean before climbing down from the scaffolding he was standing on. The cloth was quickly stuffed in his back pocket as she closed the distance between them.​
There was an awkward silence between them for a moment. It was as if they both wanted to talk about it, but neither of them wanted to say anything first. Justice was an aloof individual when it came to relationships, but even he could feel the tension in the air. It had been there since he told the woman of his plans. What they shared was a new thing for them both, but it was significant, important. It was the first time Justice felt he had someone which made the prospect of leaving difficult, and in truth, part of him did not want to.​
“I just wanted to say…hi.”
Justice looked her in the eyes. She was fraught with worry, maybe. All he could tell was that there was something which made her lip quiver as though she could burst into tears at any moment. He did not know what to say. Usually his first instinct was wrong, but Justice had nothing else, so he closed the distance between them entirely as he wrapped Hollis into his arms.​
“Hi… back.”
He stood there holding her for a bit, allowing his aura to wash over hers. What he did not know to say he could in this way. Everything about his presence was reassuring. He would come back. It was going to be okay. This was the right thing to do. He was coming back for her.​
Justice finally pulled away to look her in the eyes once more.​
“You want the tour?”

GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png
As he pulled her close, Hollis wrapped her arms around Justice, too. She pressed her head gently to his shoulder, where she may have let a bit of a wet spot from the tears that did escape. It was the first time they'd really embraced, and held onto each other -- a seemingly simple action that said everything unspoken between them. The storm of worry in Hollis' mind was eventually quelled, calmed by Justice's presence washing over her. When Justice began to pull away, Hollis was reluctant to let him go -- and realized that she'd even been holding onto the back of his shirt.​
Her eyes shifted down to her shoes for a moment as she wiped a few stubborn tears from her cheeks, hoping that he didn't see. But she brightened when he asked if she wanted the tour, and she looked up to meet his gaze with a smile. "I'd love that," she said, nodding.​
She'd never had a boyfriend before -- could she call him that yet? After all, they'd been on a date... well, two if they counted the gala. She felt certain that there'd be more dates to come, as long as he... came back.For the moment, she decided to take solace in the reassurance she'd felt from him. Maybe it would be best to just enjoy his company right here and now and not think about the what-ifs. "I didn't know you had a ship," she murmured, and her smile grew. "What kind is it?" She didn't really know much about flying.​
Her hand instinctively reached for his, to let him lead her on the tour of his ship -- and to continue to take comfort in the feeling of his hand in hers.​

M A I N T E N E N C E
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

The embrace was something they both needed. Hollis could not have known, but her worry made Justice feel as though something was right. They shared an intimacy Justice had never known before, the ability to say everything without saying anything. He could feel the heat of the few tears which bled onto his shirt. Justice wished he could make them stop, but that was difficult when he was part of the reason for them.

They would eventually fade into a smile with the offer of the tour. It seemed to have slipped previous conversations that Justice had a ship. It was an old Corellian model, some random number that Justice always had to look up when he needed parts. He did not know exactly what to tell Hollis other than who made it.

“It is Corellian something. Good for what I do when I go on a dig for myself.”

He had not taken it on a dig yet. Most of the digs he worked on were for his master or with the Jedi order officially. It was clean and did not look like a ship that had seen a trip like anything Justice knew a dig could be. Hollis took his hand as they walked up the ramp, an action that made the padawan forget everything he was thinking. All he knew was the tour…

Justice squeezed her hand as they walked into the main cargo hold. The ship had a large area for whatever artifacts he might find. It could serve as a staging area and base camp if needed as well. He motioned with his free hand to the obvious open space. He smiled as if to say this is it, and moved on to the more detailed places of the ship.

“The medbay is there. I have a workshop across the way, and then the galley is just ahead.”

The whole time Justice did not let go of Hollis’ hand, enjoying the feel of it and how it fit in his own.

“The cockpit is there in the front, and off to the side of it on the left are the crew quarters, and on the right are my quarters. They aren’t anything special. Just a basic ship.”

Justice blushed a little as they stopped just outside of where his quarters were. Something about having a girlfriend, if that is what they were to each other, made being outside his quarters a little bit embarrassing. He did not linger in front of the door for long because he did not want to give Hollis the wrong idea. They had not even kissed yet.

“Yeah so that is the ship. I was going to take it this time.”

The way he said this time made it clear he had done this before, and yet it also communicated that he was still reluctant to talk about it. He knew what leaving meant, and as much as he wanted Hollis to know it was okay, there was always a chance going to battle meant he would not come back.

“You’re gonna be okay… yeah?”

He should not have asked, but he did. Maybe because he knew he really should have.​

GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png

Corellians made good ships. That's something she'd heard before, but she'd trust others that knew better than she did. A faint smile remained as he squeezed her hand, taking her up the ramp and into the cargo hold. Hollis had never had a ship of her own, her family had generally used public transport when they needed to leave Naboo, which was rare. Now, however, she could see the benefit of a personal ship. How nice it would have been to fly off somewhere else... somewhree far from war.

Just the two of them.

Seeing the ship and its amenaties was enough to hold the tears at bay. "I like it," she said, nodding. Really, she did... but she wasn't sure what else to say about it. They didn't linger by the sleeping quarters – but the implications hadn't even crossed her mind. She listened as he spoke, especially to the way he said... this time.

It seemed to make it clear for Hollis that this was not the first time and would likely not be the last. Hollis blinked softly and her eyes shifted away from him. Then, her head turned away as well. She didn't want him to see her cry. But now the flood gates were open, and it was hard to stop it from flowing. Wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand, she glanced up at him when he asked if she'd be okay.

"Yeah," she answered, nodding. Hollis stepped closer, her hand still grasping onto his. She drew in a breath and gazed into his eyes. "Promise me..." she started to say, but paused. It was unfair to make him promise something he couldn't control. "Promise me you'll be careful."

Then, she blinked as if she'd just remembered something. She let go of his hand and removed a necklace from her neck, a crystal pendant revealed, which had been hidden beneath her shirt. It was the crystal she'd found at the forge on Tython. Hollis reached up and placed it around his neck, and she placed her hand over the crystal – which was near his heart.

"It's attuned to my presence now," she said. "I want you to take it with you."

M A I N T E N E N C E
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

He knew what she was going to ask, or thought he did. It was a hard ask even with what she was requesting. War was unpredictable. How was he supposed to promise to be careful? The act of going itself was putting himself in harm’s way, again. As she had picked up this was not the first time he had gone to war, and it was likely this would not be his last time.

Justice nodded and stayed silent for a time.

Before he could give an answer, Hollis was presenting him with the crystal she had found at the forge on Tython. At first Justice could not believe she was giving it to him, but her explanation made sense. She wanted him to carry her with him into battle. It was saturated in her presence. This was hers, however, meant for her lightsaber. Justice could not promise to come back alive to return it, and yet taking it meant he was doing just that.

Reaching out, Justice took it, carefully.

“You know I will do my best, but it is a hostile environment.”

Was that the right thing to say, especially when she was crying? Justice could only reach to hold her again, and send another calming wave of his presence to wash over hers. It was getting easier to connect his aura with hers, as if each time they touched they melded together more and more.

He tried not to cry himself, but a few of his own tears fell down his face. This was much harder caring for someone who cared for him as well. Justice fought back the tears, trying to force them back where they came from, but he only partially succeeded.

“You know this is the first time running off like this with someone I care for staying behind,” he said as he pulled at the ring which hung from his neck. “It was my dad’s. I never met him, and that is all I have from him. Hold onto it until I can give you your crystal back, hmm?”

GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png

Hollis nodded when he said he'd do his best to be careful. Really, that's all she could ask. The thought of him entering a hostile environment was frightening to her. But for the moment, she banished the thoughts from her mind and just took in his presence as he pulled her close again.

When she looked up to see the trail of tears on his face, Hollis tugged the edge of her sleeve and then used it to gently wipe his cheek. Next time, would it be even harder to say... goodbye?

As he pulled at the ring around his neck, Hollis instinctively held her hands out. When it fell into her waiting palms, she could still feel the warmth the metal carried. He hadn't talked about his father until now, and Hollis' lips parted slightly as if to protest. But she understood the gesture behind it – just like her crystal.

"I'll keep it close," she said, closing her hand around the ring for a moment before placing it around her own neck. Gazing up into his eyes, she let herself get a bit lost. This was new territory for both of them. Their relationship seemed to be built on firsts. Hollis suddenly realized that she didn't want to send him off with sadness. If she could let him go with strength and courage, wouldn't that be better?

Hollis didn't break eye contact until she had leaned closer, her arms automatically moved up around his neck. She drew a deep breath and tilted her head ever slightly as she raised herself up onto her toes. "Justice..." she whispered his name softly. There was much she wanted to say in that moment, but words failed her. She wanted to kiss him; she had wanted to ever since their first date.

But a last-second doubt made her hesitate. And so, her lips shifted... planting a gentle kiss at the corner of his mouth. Not quite on the lips, yet not quite on the cheek, either.

M A I N T E N E N C E
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

What more was there to say? He had promised what he could and as they pair stood there realizing the irrefutable truth about their feelings for each other, Justice was at a complete loss. This was not the first time he had felt this way around the woman. Their first date had ended with him shaking her hand in a moment of indecision.

This was different.

There was a conflict within himself knowing that the right thing to do was to leave, to fight and defend the ancient temple. Those who had been stealing the crystals needed to be held accountable. Yet, Hollis was remaining, and he knew with every fiber of his being it was wrong to leave her behind. How could leaving and staying both be right?

His mind searched for an answer as Hollis moved her hands around his neck. Just did not think it was possible for them to be any closer than what they already were, but he had been wrong in that assessment. As she pushed up on her toes, he knew what was coming next. Justice froze for a minute wondering if he should have just kissed her at the end of their date.

He closed his eyes… and then…

…she kissed the corner of his mouth.

His eyes opened. That had not been what he was expecting. There was now another element of tension in the air as he could feel the hesitation. It was not like Justice to have his suave moments like most Lesan men, but this was a moment he could not mess up. He smiled.

Justice wrapped his hands around Hollis’ waist and leaned in, lowering his head until his lips met hers in a gentle but decisive kiss. He held it for a moment, what felt like an eternity, but not long enough at the same time. Would he dare tell Hollis it was his first kiss and he really had no idea what he was doing? Instead, his arms pulled her closer. His body seemed to know what to do even if his mind did not.

He chuckled when the kiss broke.

“You missed.”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

Hollis realized after a moment that she hadn't actually kissed him.

She wanted to just stay there, and perhaps bury her face against his shoulder to hide. Instead, she lowered herself down and chanced a glance up at Justice. He was smiling.

His hands closed in on her waist. Hollis closed her eyes as he started to lean down, and her chin lifted ever slightly to let their lips meet in a kiss. As he pulled her even closer, she swore it was like blending into each other. It was a sense of closeness, the kind that usually took years and years. When the kiss broke, she was breathless.

Drawing in a quick breath, she smiled. "I know," she said, sheepishly.

But he hadn't missed. It had happened, the kiss she'd been waiting for. And Justice hadn't disappointed. Her cheeks were flushed with a rosy hue, and her hand rose to rest against the side of her face, while the other remained on his shoulder. Hollis lingered close to him until it became clear that she didn't know quite what came next.

"Oh, I, uh,"
she stammered. "I didn't mean to keep you from what you were doing." The hand on her cheek moved to tuck a few strands of hair behind her ear. She gestured vaguely towards the scaffolding, remembering how he'd emerged from under the ship when she arrived.

"I can go now," she said suddenly. "... Unless maybe you want some company?"

M A I N T E N E N C E
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

What more was there to say between them? The kiss, not only had it been incredible, but it said everything that needed to be said. There was part of the young padawan that wanted to keep Hollis right where she was and just kiss her over and over again. That thought made him nervous enough though. Work still faced him down, but what else could he really do on the ship. It would get him there and back in one piece and that was all he could ask of it.

“You’re not,” Just said with a smile.

Her hand moved, and his cheek suddenly felt naked. It was as if her touch was exactly what he needed. Something about the moment they just shared made leaving easier, even though it should have made it more difficult. Ironic was not quite the word Just was looking for, but it fit. Going off to war after sharing his first kiss with Hollis should not have been as easy as it suddenly felt, but Justice could not lie about what he was feeling, not to himself.

His eyes looked over to the scaffolding.

“I can button that up before I leave in the morning, for now, whatever you do, stay? I’ve always been alone before leaving and well… this is nice.”

Justice reached up with his left hand to gently caress Hollis’ cheek with his thumb. He almost did not need to think about the fact he was right handed. The cold metal of his right hand would not have felt as nice on her skin, he was certain, but it was more than that. Just wanted to touch Hollis with his own flesh. His left hand was the only way he could do that, to truly feel how soft her skin was.

“I’m not going to sleep well, if at all. Keep me out of my own head tonight? Hmmm?”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

Hollis was relieved when he confirmed that she hadn't interrupted anything urgent with his ship. Had she known anything useful about ships, she'd have offered to help. But as it was, it was probably best that she stayed far away from anything mechanical. As he asked her to stay, she nodded and smiled.

Really, the idea of him spending the night alone was... far too sad for her to even contemplate.

Then, she felt his thumb gently move along her cheek, every touch seemingly deepening their bond. Her eyes closed for a moment. "I'll do my best to be a good distraction," she said, smiling. Hollis' expression turned thoughtful. If they stayed in the ship, would that just be a reminder that he was leaving? What did she like to do when she needed a distraction?

Well, a good cup of tea always helped.

"Do you want to come to my quarters?" she asked, canting her head to the side. And then she realized how that might have sounded. "Ah, um, I mean, to like, hang out." A bright blush formed on her face, even though the two of them had just shared a kiss. "We could listen to some music... or watch some holo. Oh! Are you hungry? I could make you something."

M A I N T E N E N C E
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

“Your place,” Justice blinked before she could say anything else.

They had just kissed, and his hormones… well he was twenty. His mind however, he was blushing right along with Hollis. Justice was far too innocent for a Lesan, that was one of many things which made him different than his uncle and cousins. Fortunately she suggested they watch some holo or listen to music, something to pass the time.

Just nodded. “That would be nice.”

He was curious anyway. Did all the quarters look the same? Maybe Hollis did something with her dormitory to personalize it in some way. Justice had just left his as plain as they were when he moved in. He was not one for an eye when it came to decorating, and if he did, it would likely be with some kind of collection of artifacts. Actually, now that he was thinking about it, that did not seem like a bad idea.

Somewhere in the chaos of Justice’s mind he finally picked up on the fact Hollis was offering to cook for him. That only reminded him of another thing he could not do as well as those who carried his last name. How long had it been since Justice ate anything home cooked? He was used to ration bars, mess hall food, or eating at restaurants. His nod turned enthusiastic.

“...especially the part about food!”

Justice was reluctant to pull away, but he was not about to go to her quarters in his coveralls. It did not take to unzip them and get out of them. A simple t-shirt and work pants were underneath them. It was not the most flattering of looks, but at least Justice was not covered in grease. One thing the shirt showed that was not all bad was the fact his time in training was beginning to pay off. The scrawny archeologist was developing some muscle and no longer looked like the helpless padawan he once was. With each passing day, Justice Lesan appeared to be more like a Jedi Knight than a Padawan whether he realized it or knew it.​

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis was happy to see his expression brighten, especially when she mentioned food. Her eyes were definitely on him when he took off the coveralls, though she was careful not to stare for too long. Of course, she'd seen him in a work-out tank before... and his toned musculature hadn't gone unnoticed that day. But now, she couldn't help but steal some glances. The cybernetic arm only added to his masculine appearance. Once he was ready, she'd reach for his hand again. "C'mon," she said, smiling.​
Soon enough, they arrived at her dorm. Hollis unlocked the door and motioned for him to follower her inside. "Make yourself at home, okay?" she said, over her shoulder. Then, she realized her Skyfaring silk was still in the hallway... oops. She began to scoop up the yards and yards of silk fabric, and then realized her whole place was a huge mess. Quickly, she went in ahead of him in order to scoop up clothes that were strewn about the floor and hanging over the back of chairs. Once she was sure there was nothing embarrassing left behind, she tossed the pile of clothing and silk into her bedroom and shut the door.​
A sheepish smile found her face.​
She made a similar motion to his when he showed her the cargo bay, 'well, this is it.' It was a simple room, but she had added some of her own items to make it feel more homey. Why not, since she was going to be living here for the next... she didn't even know how long. There was a box of chocolates on the coffee table, the lid only half-on... and empty spaces where Hollis had indulged were visible. There was a knit blanket on the couch, it was one of her first projects. It was plush and looked quite good from a distance, but up close there were a few holes where she'd missed stitches. There also appeared to be a knit hat in progress on the footstool, one of those projects she'd get around to one day...​
"You're in luck," she said as she walked into the kitchen area, which was still open to the rest of the living space. "I actually have some fresh ingredients." Hollis looked in the conservator and pulled out some endorian chicken breast. She also pulled out a package of pasta from Naboo. She set about putting brewing tea and boiling the water for the pasta.​

M A I N T E N E N C E
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Hollis pushed herself into the room ahead of her guest. Justice supposed that was usual, but when he walked inside, he understood why. Much of the room reminded him of his, the size and simplicity of it. She had clothes all over the place however, whereas Justice would have had his dig tools and travel packs all over. He chuckled as he watched her scoop up several items and run off toward the bedroom or wherever to shove them in some dark hole he knew he would not be invited to see.

"Make yourself at home, okay?"

Justice nodded as he kept looking around. The couches were not far, but for a moment the young padawan simply took in the slight differences and subtleties which made the place feel like Hollis. There was the silk she had scooped, but also the knitted blanket on the couch, something Justice would have never attempted.

He slowly made his way over to the couch to admire it. She did say to make himself at home, so with a shrug he sat down and pulled the blanket over his feet as he propped them up. That was when he felt something pressing into his back. Reaching behind himself, Just fished out whatever it was to discover a… well…

“Um… Hollis… I think you missed something,” he said, holding up a brassiere that seemed far too nice. Then again Justice was no expert on women’s undergarments.

Hollis would find Justice beat red. If it was possible for his entire body to blush, it would be. She was talking about chicken, but all Just could think about was the cloth in his hand. That by natural course led to him thinking about other… things. He was far too innocent to admit to it, but they had just kissed, which he was pretty sure made them a couple. This was what couples did… and yet…

Okay I think I could die a thousand deaths…

Justice quickly pushed it out of his mind. He was nowhere near ready to think about that part of dating. All he wanted was some food and company to settle the nerves which were only natural before leaving for a battle. Maybe when he returned, but even then…

“So chicken sounds good.”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
As she worked to prepare their meal, it made her smile to see Justice on her couch. She turned her back to him for a moment to turn on some music, and she ducked down behind the counter to search for her strainer. She hummed along to the song, but bit her tongue just enough to keep her from singing out loud. She'd spare him her off-key notes tonight. Then, she heard him say something.

"Hmm?" She stood up as she located the strainer. "I missed what?"

Hollis turned to see Justice holding up her bra, and she felt her soul start to leave her body. Like him, she was immediately flushed the deepest scarlet possible. "Oh. That's... that's my..." She stared in disbelief. Above all, Hollis loved to be comfortable – especially when she was at home. The moment she came in, she often changed into stretchy pants and... took off annoying bits of clothing.

Like the undergarment held up in her new boyfriend's hand. After setting down her cooking tools, she sidled over to him sheepishly and snatched the brassier out of his grasp. "Erm, sorry..." she said, unable to look him in the eye. At least it was a decent-looking one, black and a bit lacy. Hollis silently cursed herself as she walked to the bedroom and chucked the bra inside with her other clothes.

"Mmhmm, chicken..." she said, as she passed by him again on her way back to the kitchen. "It'll be ready in just a few."

Back in the kitchen, she worked with her back to Justice. Of course, if their relationship was as close as it felt to Hollis... he was bound to see eventually. Still, what kind of impression did he have of her now? Hollis took a small glance at him over her shoulder. He certainly was cute; just her cup of tea – as they say. People said that, didn't they? A smile found her face again.

Then she touched the hot pan by mistake.

"Ah!" Hollis gasped, there was an angry red mark on her palm now.

Last edited:

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Justice bust out in a hearty belly laugh. It was an embarrassing enough situation, but it was also rather comical. He just shook his head as he finally sighed.

"You don't need to apologize. Between knocking into me at Tython, me shaking your hand at the end of our first date, this… well… it's us."

The last part of what slipped out his mouth brought a smile to his face. It was them, perfectly them. That did not stop Hollis from snatching the black lacy garment from his hand and tossing it into her bedroom somewhere to likely never see the light of day again. When Hollis came out of the room she looked at Justice, and while he was no expert on women, he was certain there was a little sarcasm in what she said.

"Mmhmm, chicken..."

"What…" he shrugged. "I am innocent, remember."

Okay so at that moment, neither of them could claim innocence. They were both thinking about something, whether it was the same thing or not would remain a mystery because neither of them was about to ask the other. Justice was already pushing it by not letting it go, but Hollis had not exactly completely dropped it either. Until she went into the kitchen.

He watched for a moment, just admiring her. Just was lucky and he knew it. No one had ever really cooked for him before, not like this anyway. It was a kind gesture, rather domestic, and dare he call it loving?

The sound of her wince pulled Justice off the couch. She hurt herself. One thing Justice had never been able to stand was the thought of those he cared about in pain. It had been the sole reason he had lost his arm. Just had spring into action to stand between Bri and the beast. She would have been killed had he not, but Justice could have been killed too.

Just took Hollis' hand and instinctively blew on the burn. One of the things he had been working very hard on was learning to heal since that day. He closed his eyes and reached across the force to the familiar aura of the woman with him. It was easy to locate her now, even from a distance he could isolate her presence. Just pressed further than he had before, pouring the force into her wound.

When he was certain the burn was healed, his eyes opened and locked with the brown eyes across from him. Just lifted her hand to his lips and kissed the part that had been burned.

"Better?"

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
It was true, neither of them could claim complete innocence. After all, Hollis wouldn't have just absentmindedly grabbed a hot pan otherwise. Hollis stood cradling her hand until Justice came to her aid, gently taking her hand and blowing on the burn. She stood watching him, the tenderness of his actions was enough to burst her heart.

Even as he drew the force to heal her, she'd all but forgotten about the burn on her hand.

With the warmth of his force presence against hers, the pain was gone. Hollis relaxed into his touch, and his lips against her palm made her feel such a swell of fondness for him that she thought she might die (in a very good way). A wordless smile formed on her lips, and she nodded.

"Much better," she breathed, her voice a whisper.

Hollis might have looked a bit dazed, like she was under a spell as she leaned closer. Her doe-eyes were fixed in a soft gaze into his eyes. How she wanted to kiss him again. This time, she wouldn't miss...

Again, Hollis rose up slightly and let her lips brush against his lightly. Just as she was about to really plant her lips on his did she hear the rather aggressive sizzling coming from the pan on the stove. "Oh!" Hollis turned quickly to turn off the burner and remove the pan from the heat. "It's, ah...." Hollis' lips felt numb. "A little bit... well done."

She chuckled softly.

It's us.

Words that couldn't have been truer.

"Can you grab some plates?" she asked, pointing to the cabinet that held the dishes. Hollis drained the pasta, without burning herself, and then set about preparing the breast of the chicken variety...

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Justice had no idea why he decided to kiss Hollis’ hand or that what he had done could be considered smooth. There was just something about the moment where it seemed right. They were going to kiss again, well he thought they were. He smiled when Hollis suddenly pulled away for the food. It was something that was simply them. Justice was thinking he might need to start a list of the awkward things which made them… them.

“Plates are where,” Justice asked as he dug around the cabinet Hollis had pointed out until he found them. “Got them.”

A small smirk tugged at his lips as he set the table. Hollis was apologizing that the food was going to be a little well done. Justice did not mind at all considering the reason she had been so distracted was because of him. It was probably not a good thing, but he liked being the reason she was distracted. Something about it felt good. No, it didn’t feel good.

It felt right.

The sudden realization was enough to make the smile vanish from his face, but not in a negative way. Justice had not expected to come to any sense of profound revelations before rushing off to Ilum, but here it was. Hollis prepped the chicken while Justice simply admired her. His eyes searched the apartment one more time, not even sure what he was looking for.

He could smell the food and after a moment he decided to go help in the kitchen. There was not much to do, and Hollis had it under control. For some reason he just wanted to be close.

“So you dance, hang out of trees with a giant silk scarf, and cook. Wonder what else the amazing Hollis can do. Need any more help?”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis smiled, even though she'd just burned herself and almost burned their food. It felt nice, natural, even, to prepare a meal for Justice. People, no matter where they came from, liked food – it was more than something to eat... it was a way to bond, too. At least, that's how Hollis felt. Her smile only grew to see him setting the table. Things were ready to plate, so Hollis went about getting everything set – some pasta with white sauce and slices of the chicken arranged on top. And a small sprig of something green, just for looks.

"The Amazing Hollis," she repeated, and chuckled.. "If I don't make the cut as a Jedi, I'll take that as my stage name."

What else was there? Well, a random assortment of skills. She'd let him find out along the way. "Yes, some wine, please," she said, and nodded to a small rack that had two bottles of wine and a corkscrew. "It's not from your uncle's winery... but it's good."

She lifted the plates and brought them over to the table, where everything else was already set out, thanks to Justice. Once they too were settled at the table with food and wine, Hollis would look at him fondly from her seat across from him. Even though he was literally right there, he felt too far. "Eat up," she said, waiting in anticipation of his first bite. "I hope it tastes alright..." she was a bit nervous, what with the near-miss with the chicken.

"So," she started. "What do you want to do after dinner? You get to pick." Hollis smiled warmly at him.

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

The wine was obvious at least. Justice had spent enough time with his Uncle that he knew what the bottle looked like. He took a little bit of time to read over the label. He Just noticed the year and raised his brows as his lips curved upward.

“Not a bad year,” he said before opening the bottle and letting it settle.

There were two glasses nearby which seemed like they had not been used. He wondered if they were new or if Hollis simply did not have much company yet since she was new to the temple. It was an odd observation, but Just pushed it out of his mind as he walked back to the table with the glasses each appropriately filled with wine.

Justice took his seat and did not wait to try the food. Did it taste alright? Aside from being able to tell it was a little overdone the flavor was amazing.

“Yup, the Amazing Hollis can cook!”

He ate a few bites as Hollis began again. It was his fourth or fifth bite Justice began to choke on, coughing as he pat his chest to help the food down. Did she just ask him what he wanted to do with the bra incident so fresh. Were Justice not so innocent he would have already blurted out what he was thinking. Instead he put another piece of chicken in his mouth.

“Have you ever seen Tatooine Smith and the Raiders of the Lost Holocron? It was the holofilm that really made me realize I like archeology.”

It was embarrassing to admit it, but yes, it was a holo which get Just interested in his life long passion.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom