Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Battle of O'reen (Invasion Rep vs. Fringe)

Hood

H
Even as the master leapt high into the air, Nexus applied the force to the explosive arrow. Following the archers commands, the arrow altered course and went upward in a slight curve that when corrected left it pointed at the woman's mid center. Tapping his left thumb against the bow, he pressed down on the detonator. His timing left the arrow without time to actually strike, but that was his intent.

Just as all explosives, this one was no different. Erupting straight out in a cone shape, the concussive force should be enough to knock the wind out of the master.

Pausing for a moment, Hood finally wondered. How had he heard the beautiful brunettes scream over the din of the battle? It didnt make sense...his hearing was excellent, but this was pushing it..

Nocking a Stunner arrow, he waited and tracked the masters movements.

@[member="Iella E`ron"] @[member="Kiyala Demont"]

Talon Vosra

T
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

It was a strange thing to stop and extonguish his blade on a battlefield and mediate but such was the case as Talon joined the Zabrak crosslegged on the ground facing one another.

Talon had only had a Master for a few months. He was trained to be a weapon and then a commander and then left to himself while the Sith grasped at power. He had trained himself and took lessons at rare moments when a Master got the urge to tell him something new. Lussk, Velok, Ardik all had taught him one thing or another. He began as the Zabrak instructed. He pictured himself as a cup and slowly started the breathing exercise and soon he had started to exhale the concerns and doubts he felt and felt the force flow in to fill the spaces his conflicted emotions once occupied. He felt serenity blossom inside himself and calmness filled his aura. The force became different and no longer something he felt the need to draw in but rather a friend that he welcomed. It was what meditation should be and he felt tremendous gratitude that the galaxy still contained those with honor.

RANDOM PLATEAU
@Steph Zenima @Doc @Kitto Solo

As his mortal ally clambered up his scales to the saddle, the pathetic human in the armor rushed toward her. He communicated telepathically with Kitt. His voice came as a deep rumbling in her mind.

"Fire upon them from my back, human. Suppress them and slay them."

Reaching out in the Way, which these humans called the Force, Faenrovon probed deep into both Doc and Steph's minds, attempting to assert his own control and dominate their minds. Without the power of the Force, they would be sorely distracted. At best, they would suddenly come under his control, swayed by his mental powers. At worst, they would both get migraines to such a degree that they would hopefully become immobilized.

Faenrovon opened his maw and breathed a steady stream of flame at the one with the jetpack - Steph - while he simultaneously raised one enormous clawed foreleg and attempted squash Doc beneath his considerable tonnage.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
@[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"], @[member="Steph Zenima"], @[member="Doc"]

If this wasn't war, she imagined she would try to recruit Doc to teach her a thing or two about knife wielding and hand-to-hand combat. But war it was. She didn't offer Fae a mental reply in words, but a simple ripple of understanding through the force. Riot gun was holstered for the climb on the dragon's saddle which brought back the M2 in her hands.

Lining up the shot from her perched position above, finger squeezed on the trigger as she released one, two, and three shots of the good ol' explosive rounds.

Break had lost his opponent, perhaps the padawan had fainted from the force attack, or perhaps the gas had taken its toll. That didnt matter, the Jedi had harmed one of his friends and he wasnt going to stand and take it. As he spoke his next sentences he stressed his vocal prcessers his voice becoming more metallic, @ANYONE "IS THIS ALL YOU HAVE?! IS THIS THE BEST YOUVE GOT?" Break was challenging anyone within earshot and he meant business.

@[member="Talon Vosra"]

Silently the pair meditated in the field of battle, the distant explosions both here and yet a world away. Moving his senses out the Zabrak spoke again his voice quiet as his ears were filled with the echos of the Force. "Now, you must discover yourself in this battle, and in this life. The Force feels different to many of us, I feel it like the tugging of the wind, and can hear it's whispers always just too soft to understand. I know one day I will hear it, if I wait though, but this is not about me, it is about you. Meditate on the Force, let it reveal itself to you and think on it. I cannot feel the Force as a physical manifestation, telekinesis and any other physical abilities are simply outside my ability, but it has strengthened my awareness. I can feel all around me, and my mind has become adept at listening to Force because I am not forcing my will on the world. Others are not meant to live life this, they cause the waves I read from afar. There is no wrong or right way when it comes to how one is gifted in the Force, we all have a purpose. What is yours?"

Opening his mind to the Jedi, Sargon mind melded with him opening him up the sensation he felt all around him. The anxious twittering of an ant colony living in the stones, their queen completely unaware of what was so dangerous, but well away danger was all around them. Sending a soft wave of calmness towards the small life forms the Zabrak felt their combined minds though the force and in the queen slowly relax, and grow less fearful. They were among the smallest of life here, and yet they lives shined just as brightly in the Force as did the armies around the pair.

Bridge Zeta

As @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] spoke, Daella slowed her approach. She kept her head tilted down with her eyes looking up at the woman. She pointed the launcher to her left - not at Spencer, and her lightsaber slightly to the right ahead of herself.

Once Spencer began to describe how difficult it was for her to find a master in the Jedi Order, Daella ceased walking forward. A notable yet seemingly short distance separated the two. Daella’s expression hardly changed as Spencer gave her story.

When Spencer finished, Daella tilted her chin up to level her face. Two seconds passed as she held this look. The wind began to pick up and penetrated the thick, chaotic sounds of battle.

That’s it?” asked Daella with a calm, flat voice.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
BRIDGE ZETA
@[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Kiara Alanna Decoix"] @[member="Vilox Pazela"]

Vazela's presence provoked the briefest of mental nudges, a we've got this handled, go where you're needed sort of thing. She wasn't much for telepathy and didn't have more than a heartbeat to send it.

Her chest, her gut, her shoulders contracted to pull in her blades. Fast enough? Not quite. The thrusters scorched her cheek, her jaw, her mouth -- left side, deep. Crucitorn was an old favorite of hers, essential to being any kind of a tank, and she was an Olra'en' -- mind tricking her own nervous system was practically genetic. Bolstered by Spencer's Force Valor and Kiara's battle meditation, too, she had access to deeper resources than normal. That didn't change the damage, but she could stave off shock for now.

For long enough to do the job.

Her curved blade hooked Diana's foot, and the top of the Jedi Master's ankle slammed into an absolutely unflinching Sith dagger with a tank's full power behind it. The dagger didn't budge an inch -- the equivalent of kicking steel with the place where the shin met the foot. Every block was a strike and every strike a block in Shii-Cho, and this particular block gave that adage some truth. As her head flinched to the right, away from the thruster's line of - so to speak -- fire, Winterlight slammed up at the back of Diana's ankle. Not a bladed strike, per se, but something a little nastier.

Her intent was to catch the back of Diana's foot in the crook of blade and crossguard, and use that in combination with the hooked-back long knife to twist Diana's potentially-trapped foot sharply counterclockwise. Predictable levels of power and strength applied, but Ashin had long ago ceased to think of her Force-assisted physical capacities as really anything. Her body was her mind's instrument. She willed something to happen, and it usually did.

@[member="Saki"]

Andreas studied Saki halfheartedly. She pointed the blaster in his general location, but didn't seem to be honing in on him specifically. Saki was surely mistaken if she thought a mere blaster could even fase him, much less kill him.
"Careful, kid, don't hurt yourself"
He said to the girl with a lot more arrogance than actual care for her well being. Truly, this was going to be too easy.
The veteran soldier lunged forward, dropping into a roll that should both protect him from any incoming attacks and close the distance between the two and setting a small, unnoticable object on the ground. Soon as this was done, he'd take advantage of his crouched position and swipe his electro-staff at Saki's legs, which should sweep her feet off the ground so she could end up on it with the added effect of sending a fatal amount of volts through her body. He was quite prepared for something like a backflip as he was ready to thrust his pole out to hit her the moment she lands.

@[member="Sopher Jakobs"] @[member="Avalore Eden"]

The half-invisible witch's head tilted as she watched the Force ebb and flow around the boy. Something about him seemed familiar, but that happened a lot -- she'd been personally introduced to at least four clones or partial clones of Varanin, for example. No, what caught her attention was the way he got his emotions under control.

The med centre contained at least one small camp table with electrolyte drink and food. She sat down at the table, became visible again, took a bite out of a nutrient bar, took a swig to wash it down, and waited for them to notice her.

Spencer watched the Jedi Master while she told her story, her thoughts didn’t betray her as she noticed the woman was moving forward, slowly but surely. This closed the gap that Spencer had fought so hard to maintain. In the back of her mind, she kept the Force Valor and did her best to focus on just Daella and not Ashin and Diana. The footsteps stopped and Spencer noticed the woman had stopped moving. Spencer had a chance, a brief one, but a chance.

Taking a step back she continued to do so, she walked at an angle creating a little bit more of a distance between her and the Master. If this was a game the woman was willing to play then so be it. She only took a few steps back giving a mid range between them, with her awareness, the Force Valor and the Battle meditation that flowed through the Fringe forces, she wasn't’ too worried about reacting late.

Still as a precaution, Spencer focused her aura to spread along her skin carefully in preparation of the possible attack. Daella had shut the distance down, but Spencer had given herself some wiggle room. The woman remaining as calm as possible pondered the story. She hadn’t told the entire thing mostly because she assumed and wanted to be ready for the possible attack. Though the important bits were always lingering. The comment of that being it, made Spencer chuckle softly as she shook her head.

“My apologies I didn’t want to bore you with the little things. For example the Former Grand Master Darron Wraith, asking me to choose between my conscious and resigning from the Order. I had no attachments minus my brother so I resigned and was allowed to leave and join Ashin in the Empire.”

Taking another few steps backwards she shrugged.

“Though that didn’t seem reasonable for the Jedi of course. I was considered a betrayer, a deserter - when I was given the option. That was one thing I could never figure out - why offer the resignation of you’re just going to send an assassin after me.”

Two more steps back.

“Can you explain that to me? Why would the Grand Master - or any Master in the Order send a Jedi assassin to assassinate a padawan who was only taught healing? Sounds a bit like overkill doesn’t it?”

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Diana Moridena"]

@

Talon Vosra

T
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Talon listened closly the words of the Master and knew what he meant. To Talon the Force felt like deep stream always in motion always going forward. He could sometimes see images in its surface and here whispers in its waves.

As the meld began Talon could feel the ants as the master showed him a world overlooked by everyone on the the now tattered surface. He focused on a small worker. It was going about its purpose reinforcing tunnels and gathering food. Then two and three. Soon the colony. Their tiny live s shown like stars in the backdrop of his mind. His curiosity grew and he expanded his consciousness outward and upward to the surface. He saw the people on both sides not as they were to the eyes but as points of light this time the colors varied some crashed into one another other and some extinguished.

It was sad to watch the lights die. War was a terrible place. However, not all of the lights were clean some drank in the light around them and tainted other lights and then those lights became carriers of the same taint. Talon thought he understood what he needed to do. He had to stand in the light and protect them from the spreading taint in the force.

"And this is but one world?" He said across the link.

Training to fight force-users was not something that tolerated screw ups. A single mistake in the field would mean you were dead before you could blink, whether from being chopped in two by a lightsaber or killed by some other more interesting force power. But the training that Saren and his team had received also acknowledged the fact that every forcer fought differently, and no one strategy was certain to work on every opponent. When the grenades had detonated in mid-air as a result of the attempt to push them back, Saren was already revising his course of action and moving to implement the plan. The team, like any good machine, followed suit without any works being exchanged.

Pulling a gas grenade from his belt Saren activated it and dropped it at his position. The other members of the team followed suit. In moments, the area around him filled with gas that was both potentially lethal to any humanoid without proper protection, and had the beneficial side effect of obscuring vision if you didn't have some sort of mechanism to see through smoke. Clad in full armor, Saren was affected by neither of those issues, and the built-in targeting on his HUD quickly picked up the charging Jedi, just in time to see her deflect a maser shot right back at Wolf. It struck on his right shoulder, and spun him around. With a strangled cry, Ghast crumpled into a heap.

That was evidently enough for Ajax, who began to fire his flechette cannon at Tallia. Each round was set to detonate several feet from the Jedi, and spray flechettes at her from a distance. At the same time, Saren began to fire his undermounted shotgun, this equipped with pressure-sensitive explosive shells. If he had some time, it would have been a simple matter to check on armors display whether or not Wolf was still alive, but something like that would have to wait until the immediate threat was dealt with. At least the Hutt was keeping the pressure on. If the Jedi continued to advance she'd have to deal with warding off the force lightning and counteracting the effects of the toxin.

@[member="Tallia Farn"]
@[member="Rasho the Hutt"]

Steph Zenima

S
@[member="Doc"], @[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"], @[member="Kitt Solo"]

Literally, just ate a few pounds of gravel, it's fine, don't worry. I'M FINE, GAWD, WHO DO YOU THINK YOUR ARE? MY MOTHER?! Thankfully the brain of Zenima is non-existant or at the very least a flaccid bowl of porridge. Her own sliding faceplant kept her from being caught by the stun ring, every cloud has a silver lining. Although can you imagine the anarchy that would have been caused by Steph Zenima: Silver Polisher?

Future career path, perhaps.

The woman scrambled back to her feet, revealing the unholy graze that had been smeared across her face. It looked like she had tried to make out with the thorniest bush this side of Coruscant.

Ah, a bit of mental domination. I've been looking forward to this day for quite some time. Steph was not a smart woman, she couldn't read, she couldn't write, basic arithmetic was above her and her shoes had to be velcro. This was not a mind that could comprehend being controlled. This was a puddle of head giblets. Insanity immunity. Like, she just stood there, blinking rapidly trying to figure out what was that peculiar sensation beneath her skull.

Shrugging the now-exhausted jetpack off her back, the woman began to hit herself in the head thinking that would cure that peculiar sensation. It did not.

WAIT IS THAT FIRE?!

FIRE BAD. STEPH RUN. The woman sprinted, she sprinted like there was a all you can snort buffet of spice laid out in front of her. I'm glad she's shown such conviction. Steph Zenima: Burn Victim would probably be a rather sad story.

She ran at the dragon, feeling a peculiar loss of hair on the top of her hair. Singed, baby, singed. She leapt, she leapt at one the dragon's legs with her teeth bared. Oh yeah. She doesn't care about scales or armour. Those little drug-destroyed teeth are seeking blood and flesh. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. BROKEN TEETH FOR THE TOOTH FAIRY.

Bridge Zeta

Once @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] took the first step back, Daella mirrored in kind by taking a step forward. The distance grew slightly between the two.

Listening to Spencer’s explanation, Daella did not open her mouth as if to speak at any point. When Spencer took two more steps back, Daella took one forward. Her face remained unmoved as Spencer described the disturbing lengths the Jedi Order went.

When Spencer asked her questioned, Daella immediately responded with, “Master Halcyon can tell you of her disapproval of previous Jedi Councilors.

Then, Daella took a split second to glance at @[member="Ashin Varanin"] and @[member="Diana Moridena"] fighting. After that, she turned her full attention back to Spencer. She took a sharp, quick step forward. She raised her left hand - her palm open minus her index finger and thumb gripping the grappling spike launch.

And stay because of her?” asked Daella, “For what purpose?

Spencer didn’t move this time, it seemed they would eventually run out of space still the woman remained readied it couldn’t be possible that this Jedi had any interest in her leave of the Jedi. Her answer was only to talk to the Grand Master, if only it were that easy. Spencer shook her head and sighed softly, she didn't’ expect the questions. Once again her eyes darted towards Diana and Ashin, Spencer had to catch her breath and force her attention back towards Daella.

“I’m glad your Grand Master has her opinions, but I don’t see her faring better than the others before her. At least the others had some morals - if that’s what you want to call them.”

Eyes narrowed on the tool in her hand, Spencer wondered if the Daella was trying to draw her attention to it. Keeping her vision to Daella entire form, her mind on the other hand bolstered the Force Valor focusing on Ashin as she spoke.

“I stayed because I was allowed to think and not mindlessly follow someone. How can you justify this? Coming to a world that didn’t threaten you? You’re the aggressors and yet you claim you're here for peace? Does this seem like peace to you?”

Nodding towards Ashin, she took a step in that direction slightly, but still remaining grounded.

“I stayed with her because I love her.”

Spencer wondered if that sealed her fate once again with the Jedi.

@[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Republic Landing / Beachhead
Command Base
@[member="Hion the Herglic"]

Avy quietly listened as the large Herglic spoke, each word taken in and carefully dissected for any hidden tones or meanings. Her eyes remaining upon the beings as she kneeled down and grabbed the heavy robes. Clearly the stories of a past of horrors and inevitable friendship which saved her would not be of use. Quietly she pulled the robes back on, the thick flowing garments once more covering her lithe figure. Her hands brushing out the wrinkles and the dust as she took a step back.

"They are not my soldiers. Nor do I muse to be anything other than a helper. One whom came for those whom had called for her aid. I neither view you with any contempt nor ill feelings Herglic. Nor do I feel that you truly hate the Jedi beyond seeing them as those whom would stamp out what many have viewed as a dangerous and violent practice. Today is not the day on which to muse about practices or view points."

The low humming coming from the Herglic was slowly being drowned out as a trio of shuttles pulled up over the ridge, clearly marked as medical vessels. Avy looked over her shoulder quietly, though not rudely nor in any attempt to spurn or dismiss the being before her. Quietly she signed before turning her attention back to the Herglic.

"I must look to those that have been injured. That is why I am here, to aid and help. I did not come to fight; nor did I have any intentions or desires to draw this weapon. I will play my role just as sure I am that you will play your own. For now I must request that such conversation be held until another time. One in which we can view each other as equal minds of equal beings and not of opposing sides."

Avy bowed respectfully to the Herglic as she took a step back, her boot pressing against the metal boarding ramp of the medical vessel. Her eyes once more looking to the Herglic before she disappeared upon the shuttle. Taking her place next to a wounded soldier and placing her hand over it. Her eyes closing as she began to channel the healing powers of the force to the injury. The trio of shuttles pulling back and away from the Command Base as a fighter escort pulled around them to clear them of any enemies that would target the medical shuttles.

<Avy Exited from Thread>

Between Bridges
@[member="Saki"] @[member="Andreas Wintergreen"]
Lucien was unarmed, In Pain and in need of some tea. His gun was gone and it smelled quite distinctly of cheap ... food, If one could even call it that. Saki was now busy with Andreas. Lucien summoned a soldier over to help him up then support him as he walked to a ship. The gaurd nodded "Yes M'lord" The soldier radioed for a stealth ship to take Lucien back to skye. The walk was slow Lucien couldn't really stand and couldn't really walk. They eventually reached the ship Lucien was helped onto a bed then the ship took off.

(I'm about to go LOA so consider me out good luck)

Bridge Zeta

When @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] touched upon the morality of the Republic’s presence on O’reen, Daella’s halcyonic face began to shift. Her mouth grew into a frown. The grip on her grappling spike launcher tightened. She took a deep breath in through her nostrils as she kept her eyes on Spencer.

I fight,” began Daella just after Spencer finished with a brisk voice, “Like all Jedi - to secure a more perfect peace.

Raising her right arm up, Daella’s lightsaber hummed in the air as it pointed to her right. She continued by claiming, “Like the rest, I’ve given up myself to the dream of a galaxy with no more wars - united in eternal peace. Where no one must fear their planet being devastated by a Sith Lord or a weaponized virus.

Then, Daella motioned her left arm toward Spencer - the very one that held the grapping spike launcher.

With a sting in her voice, Daella told Spencer, “And even if I could disagree with how you were treated, in the end you gave up such duty for a woman.

For a second, Daella paused. A whistle of wind blew by.

It just sounds so base,” concluded Daella.

Finally, Daella fired the grappling launcher at Spencer - aiming at the area near her feet and legs.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Bridge One, Engaging Beast Mode
vs: @[member="Alen Na'Varro"] (p1)

The elven woman advanced upon the Dark Warrior with a hustle and a trot. Her eyes shown the focus of today's spectacular embrace. One look at her wrist com told her that the battle for Bridge One was going rather messy. But in thirty years of fighting, she'd stepped in plenty of messy battles before.

Hustling along she leaned down to grab a blaster pistol from a fallen ally. Switching it stun mode, so that her opponent could nary deflect the blue bolts back at her, she smirked to herself with a blue glint in her eye. This was going to be fun.

She dropped her shoulder shield onto her arm and gripped it tight like a Myrmidon of old. Then the plated woman began a slow circling strafe of her target. Releasing bolt after bolt of static blue energy while she prowled. Letting the shots fall at random as she slowly stalked the distance that lay between them. Karen would not allow this Force Adept a good starting posture for their dance. She would keep his senses engaged upon her pistol right from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom